size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

1KPride - PansexualSamhain 2022
05-01-2023, 06:41 PM

This was probably a bad idea, or at least being here by himself was probably a bad idea. Riya was out doing... He didn't know, some cat thing or other but he'd been getting a little restless so he'd decided he was going to try and replenish his stores, plant life had sprung up with aggression last season and it seemed he might as well take advantage of the whole thing... But he'd not really considered that the area would be harder for him to navigate than expected. Crux grit his teeth as he pulled himself over a ledge. He'd been told that her could get Agrimony here but maybe he needed to get to know the area first, though easier said than done.

Crux bumped his paw, y'know the one, against the ledge as he pulled himself up. A growl of pain escaped from his gritted teeth and he curled over himself for a moment, letting the throbbing dissipate before he kept trying to move forwards. He made a point to keep an eye out for places that would help to cultivate plant growth, the white feather pendant bumping against his chest as he moved.

"Speech"

Art by MarkLix
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Crux has a 6 inch long burn scar on his throat, most of his art does not reflect this.

Calico Jack

Raiders Hollow
Raider

Master Fighter (465)

Master Navigator (285)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Critical Dodge!1KPride - PansexualOoh La LaSamhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
OverachieverUnderachiever
05-16-2023, 01:42 AM

Why was Calico Jack lingering in the northern lands so close to the Armada that he could reach out and touch the borders? Truthfully, the boy isn’t seeking to ruffle an feathers with the pack and the reasoning for being out this far so frequently is simple; he loves to explore. That is why he is climbing toward the peak of the waterfall, carefully tracing the path with deft paws. While he may be in the ‘awkward’ teenager state where he is all elbows and paws, he still trusts his paws not to slip or stumble while he travels.

Icy blue eyes scan the area around him, the slate stones seeming bleak and… unimpressive. The sound of the waterfall fills the air, the rushing water drowning out many, softer sounds. Supposedly, the area is beautiful to behold but Calico is keeping his hopes in check since the climb is… well, less than inspiring. A sound from ahead of the patchwork-hued boy has him slowing for the briefest moment but he is never one to shy away from meeting other wolves so he moves on with confident steps.

Rounding a corner, he spies a wolf curled up on one of the ledges that leads further up. The scent of the Armada smacks him in the face but, judging by the lines of pain that hold the body hostage, Jack could care less who the wolf actually is. Quickly, he crosses the distance, the cocky grin that been growing is replaced with a frown as worry tugs at his heart. As he closes the distance, he calls out, “Hey! You uh… you okay there?” What he could do to help… the boy has no clue but seeing another in pain does not sit well with him and he needs to help.

"Calico Jack"

Crux

Hellborn
Apothecarist

Master Healer (256)

Intermediate Navigator (45)

Pacifist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

06-07-2023, 08:43 PM

Yeah it was a really bad idea. That much was becoming clear to the young Fatalis as he the scent of another wolf approached him as he was once again hunched over in pain, having again kicked a ledge on his way up. Made more complicated by what that scent told him. A pirate. A mixture of feelings washed over him, the familiarity of it set his heart hammering in his chest and yet it also wasn't familiar enough to stop the reminders that his family had been dealing with the pirates for some time now, and well he'd never live it down if he was the next victim. He took a deep breath, focusing himself on the feeling of the feather pendant against his chest, the gift Ajax had given him when they'd both been boys, he tried to use it to centre himself to keep himself from worrying too much.

Luckily the voice that spoke was clearly worried for him rather than anything else, was it possible it was all a ruse? Yeah but at least for now he would hold onto that. "Peachy." Crux said, groaning as he pulled his leg under himself so he could start rising to standing, he glanced up at the boy, and gave him a wink, before wincing again as he felt his leg protest the angle he was trying to pull it into. "Nothing that can't be walked off at least." Of that at least he was pretty sure, it hurt sure but he hadn't broken anything, thank gods.

"Speech"

Art by MarkLix
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Crux has a 6 inch long burn scar on his throat, most of his art does not reflect this.

Calico Jack

Raiders Hollow
Raider

Master Fighter (465)

Master Navigator (285)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Critical Dodge!1KPride - PansexualOoh La LaSamhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
OverachieverUnderachiever
06-27-2023, 07:13 PM

Calico Jack is swift to close the distance, approaching the other boy with a relaxed, open stance so as not to alarm him. The stranger says a word and the calico-hued boy cracks a grin but it quickly fades away as the other boy groans. As the unknown boy gathers his legs to stand, Jack retreats a little to allow him space and to let him know he is not trying to threaten him. Icy blue eyes catch sight of the crystalized cuff that sprouts from the boy’s back right-leg and he cannot stop the wince that comes. Part of him wonders if the boy hates that automatic response and he decides to try and make light of the painful looking cuff.

Voice light and carefree, Jack says, “Oh, wow. I didn’t realize that crystal cuffs are the new fashion. Looks like I need to trade in my bandana for one.” Brows lift skyward as he hopes his attempt at humor is more appreciated than the immediate sympathy that many probably offer. As the boy stands, Jack spies a feather pendant resting against the fur of his chest and Jack excitedly shouts, “Hey! Those feathers look like the ones from my brother’s ducks! Oh, well. I guess many ducks have those colored feathers. Uh… maybe. But… yeah.” His speech quickly winds down into uncertainty as he realizes that he has probably made a huge fool of himself.

Well, if he is already fool, might as well keep it going. Dipping into a rather grandiose and obviously ridiculous bow, the boy says, “Calico Jack, at your service.” Straightening up, he cannot help but notice how close the waterfall sounds and he remembers his original reason for being out here. Shyly rubbing a paw over the slick stone, he sheepishly says, “I’m heading up to the top of the waterfall. Want to join me?” The slate stones have been rather boring so far but he hopes that the view from the top is grander. Plus, if the boy with the crystal cuff joins him, he can keep an eye on him.

Sometimes, Jack wonders if he cares about others too much.

"Calico Jack"

Crux

Hellborn
Apothecarist

Master Healer (256)

Intermediate Navigator (45)

Pacifist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

08-05-2023, 12:09 PM

Honestly Crux wasn't sure what to make of the other boy, not yet. He didn't fail to see the slight wince out of the corner of his eye and he had to force down the instinct to grimace in response. He didn't understand why anyone did that, he was the one who had to live with the thing, what were they worried about? He tried instead to keep his voice and face lighter as he responded to the joke tossed his way. "Trade ya, any day of the week." He shook him self out, feeling out the rest of his limbs doing a mental run through of his condition. Bruised maybe but otherwise he was fine, his legs would probably be very unhappy with him tomorrow but that was a bridge he could cross then. At this point he wasn't eager to turn around just to save himself a little soreness in the morning. Though as the other boy spoke about the pendant hanging from Crux's neck he couldn't stop the sort of half stuttered pause it caused, steel gaze meeting the other boy's, a little too hopeful. "It was a gift from a friend I haven't seen in some time." He cleared his throat and his next words he tried to play off much more casually, unsuccessfully: "Guy by the name of Ajax, if you know him." He probably did... Right?

Crux couldn't help but chuckle at the spectacle of an introduction he was offered. "Crux Fatalis." He offered in return. "Pleasure is all mine." He stuck his tongue out and threw another wink, it was overly formal words but his tone made it clear he was just matching Calico Jack's own energy in his own way. Crux cast his gaze up the mountain side at the roaring falls, he hadn't exactly planned to go all the way to the top, he'd hoped to find something at the basin honestly but something was nagging at him, maybe he could learn more about his absent childhood friend if he went with Calico Jack. "Don't see why not." He stretched his limbs then started off down the slight trail he could make out, hoping his new companion didn't mind him setting the pace... They'd probably not remain travel buddies too long if he did.

"Speech"

Art by MarkLix