size
Medium
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Pansexual
05-10-2023, 04:50 AM

there is a solemnity about this place, a subdued melancholy in the drooping curve of each branch, in the leafy tresses trailing despondently against the ground. sunlight dapples across her coat as Medulla weaves between the trees, ducking into the shade to escape the heat. it is noon, and the sun has risen to its highest point in the sky, beating down with ruthless intent. clearly, she isn’t the only one feeling the heat; Kass makes a low warble of complaint, shifting restlessly atop her shoulder.

“ow,” she complains, shooting him a glare as his claws prick her fur. the pain is brief and inconsequential, but Kass ducks his head, suitably chastened.

“here,” she sighs, coming to a bend in the river.

it taunts her, glittering beneath the sun like liquified crystal. lowering her head, she presses her lips to its surface and drinks greedily, relishing in the cold shock of it as it chases the heat from her veins. Kass swoops from his perch and rests daintily on the bank, lowering his head to drink. he uses his beak to flick water down his back, spraying Dulla as he ruffles his feathers.

“looks like someone’s having fun,” she drawls, raising a sardonic brow. but she cannot deny how nice the water feels, and casts an appraising eye over its dazzling surface, contemplating a dip.

5-FA97-CF7-4-DDA-4045-8980-ADCF4-A4-C9954

j

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (629)

Master Hunter (325)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Festival OrganizerWealthyLegendaryHomebodyWinnerVengeance
Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
SocialiteSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipScarredDouble MasterOoh La La
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
Dream WeaverUnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Treat 2019
05-15-2023, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2023, 12:08 AM by Medusa. Edited 1 time in total.)

Summer is upon the lands once again, and it's got Medusa feeling some sort of way with the heat. Maybe having her pack in the West wasn't the best idea, but she adored her pits of tar and would remain where she was. Besides, the other land she claimed had water, and if nothing else, there was plenty of ocean beside them and plenty of rivers cutting across the lands. And as a last resort, they could always try to raid for water! That sounded like a fun idea, but probably not one Insomnia was ready for yet.

Taking to finding shelter beneath the weeping willows, Medusa slunk beneath the shade in search of some water to quench her rising thirst when she heard talking up ahead. Large ears perked atop her head, dual toned gaze searching the shade and up ahead she spotted a she-wolf, smaller than herself, with what appeared to be a small creature on her shoulder. She approached without caution, though the way she walked always betrayed her presence. She wasn't really one to sneak around, not unless she absolutely had to, but this wasn't one of those cases. "Don't mind Medusa! She's just here for a drink! Pretty girl doesn't mind, does she?" She doubted this woman claimed this particular part of the woods, so she didn't have to ask her permission, but ya know...politeness and all that. Sometimes, anyway.

"Medusa"

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Medulla

The Syndicate
Ghazi

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Pansexual
05-19-2023, 02:39 AM

Dulla recognises the woman’s approach before she appears, though she doubts the woman is particularly concerned with stealth. the new voice rings out, sailing overhead with a pleasant cadence, and it brings a touch of a smile to Dulla’s lips. she knows she has little fighting experience, and could likely not defend a territory if desired, but it is still nice to be given the courtesy. “not at all,” she chirps, inclining her head in welcome. “the water is divine.”

she shuffles to the side, allowing plenty of room should the woman wish to spread out. now that her thirst has been satiated, the sun along her back is pleasant, and her mood has lifted considerably. “i’m Medulla, and this is Kass.” the little sparrow on her shoulder sings out a greeting, and she flashes him a fond smile. she allows a few moments of silence, allowing Medusa to drink in peace, should she wish it, and then adds, a touch shyly, “i was just contemplating a swim…would you like to join me?”

j

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (629)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
06-06-2023, 12:13 AM

She grins with a wag of her tail at the stranger's invitation. Medusa moved to take a few quick drinks of water before she turned her attention to the pretty stranger, water dripping from her own muzzle as she offers another friendly grin. The pretty girl introduced herself as Medulla, and the little birdie on her shoulder was also offered up with a name! "Ah! Medulla's name almost sounds like Medusa's name! Medulla's name is pretty, just like her!" Of course, Medusa had no filter when it came to saying what was on her mind. Though at the invitation for a swim? Hell yes! "oooh, yes! It has been hot, a swim would help!" She chirped as she dropped into a playbow. Sure she was an alpha, but she sure as hell didn't always act like one!

"Medusa"

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Medulla

The Syndicate
Ghazi

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Pansexual
06-09-2023, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2023, 09:38 PM by Medulla. Edited 1 time in total.)

a giggle bubbles up from Dulla’s throat and bursts forward, almost unbidden, from between satin lips. but she simply cannot help it; the stranger is charming and playful, and it stirs within her a mirroring sense of joy. her family, through their betrayal, denied her the brevity and carelessness of teenagehood, and often she feels a bone-deep weariness unbefitting of a girl her age. it is nice to be reminded that life can be fun, too. mimicking Medusa, she drops into an identical playbow, tail waving through the air like a flag.

after a moment, she shoots Medusa a conspiratorial grin and straightens, allowing Kas time to lift from her shoulder into the air. then, extending a tawny paw, Dulla wades out from the bank in slow, cautious strides, gaining confidence with each stride. the water is a blessed relief, splashing across her pelt and drawing from her a sigh of gratitude. “you were right,” she calls out to Medusa, that grin tugging at the corner of her mouth, “it has helped. immensely.” she lingers in place - and, should Medusa have entered as well, lifts a paw to lightly splash the woman with a teasing wink.

j

Medusa

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (629)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

06-09-2023, 09:50 PM

The earthen-toned she-wolf appears like she wants to play, too, and Medusa is glad. She hasn't played with someone in a while that wasn't her kids. Nowadays, it seemed hardly anyone engaged in this sort of behavior, but she could be wrong. After all, she didn't know what went on in other packs, but if there was no playtime then that was a sad, sad life. She loved to play, and despite her...strange nature, she was always up for a game just as much as she was up for a fight. She giggled when Medulla dropped into a play bow, too, and was keen on just having a fun day without the weight of alpha ship on her shoulders. Even if just for a few moments.

The woman looks at her before making her way to the water, commenting how the water was helping with the heat. Throwing caution to the wind, Medusa bounds to the water without grace and flings herself in, sending water spraying every which way and even receiving a splash from Medulla. Giggling, she splashes back, grinning all the while. "Medusa has not played in a while!" She exclaims before lowering herself into the water just enough that her head is uncovered. "Where does Medulla live? Does she play with others?" She asked curiously.

"Medusa"

Medulla

The Syndicate
Ghazi

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Pansexual
06-14-2023, 12:15 AM

Dulla yelps in exaggerated surprise as water hits her ruff, feigning cold with a dramatic, full-body shudder. in truth, the water is a blessed relief - even when splashed in her direction. but as Medusa speaks, the grin drops from Dulla's face, and an unintentional melancholy steals across tawny features. "er...no," she confesses, head drooping to examine the rivulets at her feet; it is easier than meeting the eyes of her companion. "i, um...don't really play with anyone anymore."

shrugging, she turns and wades deeper into the stream, trying to shed the weight that seems to have settled across her shoulders. above, Kas gives a concerned warble, and Dulla shoots him a rueful smile. "i'm fine, darling. thank you." glancing back at Medusa, she attempts that same smile, but it wobbles about the edges. "what of you? do you have family?"

j

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. stamping flowers in the garden Weeping Woods 04:50 AM, 05-10-2023 05:59 PM, 09-22-2023