size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

Critical Fail!1KDouble MasterCritical Attack!OverachieverSnake Eyes
05-13-2023, 06:39 PM

There had been a bit of time between Tenshi meeting with Vidarr and her return to Auster where she had gone a bit further north. Her heartstrings had pulled her toward the snowy peaks with the inclination that one day she would soon reside there. The eagerness she felt could not be helped as she peered up at the tall mountainside rising before her. Some might feel it to be terrifying or treacherous, but she saw safety and comfort. Along the slopes, one could see caves and divots where one could bunker down when weather got bad. The prey was also quite abundant during this time of year as well so it wasn’t completely fruitless.

Feeling a good as she approached the mountainside, a particularly dark opening caught her attention. An unfamiliar material jutted out along the floor as it then continued on into the shadows of the opening. Figuring there was no better time than the present to feed her curiosity, the behemoth of a female approached the mineshaft. The smell that permeated her nose made it wrinkle in disgust. Whatever had been here long ago had left a rather acrid scent. Releasing a snort from her nostrils that curled in frosty plumes, she took a few more steps in toward the caverns. Wondering if she would anything interesting, Tenshi froze as the sound of someone else made her pause.

Kiela

Loner

Expert Intellectual (120)

Master Navigator (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualIce Bridge Explorer
05-13-2023, 07:05 PM

This was a place she'd been before but that wouldn't stop Kiela from returning. It wasn't the least bit surprising that she'd remained in the north for so long now, tending to her herd here and there as they needed her. Recently she'd agreed to roam with Víðarr and his group, whoever that consisted of she wasn't sure, though her herd would always come above all else. So long as he understood that… still she'd be loyal to him and their band, she'd promised that much, and if Kiela was anything it was a woman of her word. Not that she promised herself to anyone or anything, not really, but Víðarr was somehow different.

She'd spend the days following her conversation with him ruminating over her choice. Though she wasn't one to regret choices she made in life, that didn't stop her from analyzing those decisions over and over again and trying to ensure she'd made the right choice. In this case, she was sure she had.

Today she wasn't so lost in thought, instead enjoying the rather temperate summer day. She'd ended up at a cave opening, a place she knew was familiar after a moment of careful examination. Before she really got to step inside though she noticed the presence of another, and gave a soft bark of greeting. Kiela went where she wanted, but she had no intentions of startling anyone unnecessarily either.

Tenshi

"One With the Mountains"

Somnium

Master Fighter (420)

Master Healer (280)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fitness Coach Fitness Coach

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

05-13-2023, 07:10 PM

The soft bark that shortly came after her pause would not startle her. Instead her ears would flick to the front as her steely blue gaze scanned the area around her. Not far off she would soon spot another female by the scent that wafted toward her nose. Curious, a brow would shift as her head slightly tilted. Female indeed but also remanence of another familiar scent. Who was it that she scented on her? Her brow would shift again as she tried to figure it out.

“Apologies if I am intruding,” the rather deep rumblings of Tenshi spoke first as she them turned to the earthen woman. A tender smile drifted over her grey lips as she took a few more steps. “I have not spent much time in the north,” there was a lilt in her speech as she hesitated over the common tongue words. How was she supposed to convey that she would rather be here in the north than in the southern continent of Auster? “I have heard snow typically resides here most of the year,” her gaze then shifts up toward the highest peaks where they dazzled a brilliant white in the afternoon sun.

Kiela

Loner

Master Navigator (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualIce Bridge Explorer
05-13-2023, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2023, 09:02 AM by Kiela. Edited 1 time in total.)

Kiela gave a slow shake of her head. If she felt Tenshi was intruding she'd simply go off on her way or otherwise pay no mind to her. Though Kiela was stubborn and rarely strayed from the path she set herself on, she wasn't the meddling type. She didn't care enough to cause conflict without reason.  "No, not intruding," she answered, her own voice heavy with an accent, though her grasp on the common tongue had gotten better over the last few years she'd spent here.  "It is no worry. The north is the region I am most familiar with," she explained softly.

Taking a few steps further into the cavern, she nodded as Tenshi gestured to the snow-capped peaks in the distance.  "Usually, yes. This summer is a mild one so far." Kiela knew that could change at a moment's notice, though summer so far had been quite pleasant and she didn't expect it to change too quickly. Inhaling the stranger's scent a little more deeply, it hit her after a moment that they shared a common link. Víðarr's scent was faint but lingered noticeably on her, and her interest was piqued.  "Forgive me for asking, but... you are a friend to Víðarr?" There was the briefest of pauses before she remembered the common courtesy of introductions. Small talk truly was not her greatest strength.  "My name is Kiela, by the way."

Tenshi

"One With the Mountains"

Somnium

Master Fighter (420)

Master Healer (280)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

05-13-2023, 07:47 PM

An appreciate noise hums in her throat as she follows Keila into the cavern. “Than I hope I can follow you,” there is humor in her expression as she focuses on the shadows of the mines. “This place interests me with its odd structures,” Tenshi leans an antler to point toward the structured wood beams along the ceiling. “Have you explored here often?” She questions to make small talk as best she could.

A moment of silence falls over them then when Keila inquires of her relation to Vidarr. So that is the scent she smelled lingering on the woman. Her own cheeks flush a moment as she hesitates. “Ah, yes, Vidarr Trygg,” his Viking name feels warm but foreign on her tongue. “I recently have agreed to leave my current pack to join his future band or pack,” Tenshi keeps her expression stoic as she steals a glance over to Keila. She wondered what the other would think of that.

“A pleasure Keila, it is nice to meet another friend of Vidarr’s. I am Tenshi,” she offers in response with a gentle nod of her head and a warm smile. “It appears he knows how to make friends,” Tenshi adds on with a raise of her brow.

Kiela

Loner

Master Navigator (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

05-16-2023, 09:06 AM

For a long moment Kiela found herself eyeing Tenshi's antlers. She wasn't sure she'd ever seen such a thing on a wolf, but these lands harbored plentiful oddities, so it didn't necessarily surprise her. "It is interesting indeed," she agreed thoughtfully. Her orange eyes averted from Tenshi's features to the walls of the cave they were in. This place was clearly not constructed by wolves, but something far older and closer to the gods than she could ever hope to be. "Not much. I think there are more than entrances though than just this one," she gestured deeper into the tunnel.

The topic change to Víðarr was marginally more interesting than these mines though. She would likely never know the true purpose of this place, and she was fine with that. The slightest hint of a smile touched her lips and she nodded. "Apparently so. Do you intend to join his group as well?" There was no jealousy there, just a touch of curiosity. Kiela was glad to loosely tie herself to Víðarr, but she wasn't so sure she'd feel as strong a connect to the wolves her friend chose to surround himself with. She hoped at the very least she'd respect them, and be proud to walk alongside them, but only time would tell.

Tenshi

"One With the Mountains"

Somnium

Master Fighter (420)

Master Healer (280)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

05-16-2023, 05:44 PM

The mountainous woman follows the earthen women deeper into the shafts. Behind them, the light fades as a they draw farther away from it. Hanging from the ceiling, strange metal objects sway and creak quietly. Once upon a time, they had perhaps provided life for whoever had built these shafts, but that would be knowledge kept secret from the duo. Tenshi found herself rather fascinated with this place and was glad to have some company.

It appears though that she has found the right company. How she has come across someone else that is close to Vidarr pleases her internally. Now she can spend time getting to know the woman. “Yes, that is the plan. And you? Shall you also be joining?” Tenshi asks in return. “It will be nice to get to know someone before everything. Is official,” she adds on almost as if her words had fell from her thoughts unintentionally.

Kiela

Loner

Master Navigator (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

06-01-2023, 08:56 AM

Exploring these tunnels was a fine way to pass some time. Kiela wouldn't stay here for long though. Something about being somewhere that was constricted on all sides felt unnatural to her, even more so as they went deeper in - the lack of sky above was slightly unnerving. The conversation distracted her from that though, and she couldn't help but be intrigued by running into one of Víðarr's companions.

"I will be," she answered her, though paused for a long while afterwards. She knew some wolves tended to follow blindly, for reasons that were none of her business, but she wasn't like that. Kiela felt a strange need to assert that her loyalty to Víðarr was not unconditional, that her own autonomy would always come first, but she knew that was just a knee-jerk reaction to the fact that she'd agreed to anything but a purely nomadic life at all. In reality, she knew traveling alongside Víðarr and his followers would not be impinging on her freedom, and if it did she'd simply part ways with them. But still, it was a change, and change like this was unusual for the Jarvela woman.

"I am used to being on my own, so being around others - again - will be an adjustment for me," she explained instead, finally.  "But I am excited to get to know the others, as well." That wasn't untrue, though her wariness seemed to overshadow the eagerness she felt.  "Have you  known Víðarr long?"

Tenshi

"One With the Mountains"

Somnium

Master Fighter (420)

Master Healer (280)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

06-27-2023, 01:20 PM

In a way, the closeness of the mineshaft was comforting to the woman. Sometimes, with its low ceilings, she felt slightly claustrophobic, but she was used to tunnel systems within mountains. It reminded her of her home away from Boreas. The one she would never see again. Forcing herself not to linger on the sadness of her past, Tenshi turned her focus from the glittering walls of the mine back toward Keila.

Tenshi can see that lingering expression of discomfort on the woman’s face and wondered if maybe they should head out soon. If they stayed in here too long, there was a chance of them getting lost as well. She smiles anyway when Keila confirms she will also be joining. Ah, so at least she will know one other when Vidarr makes the pack official. Not minding the silence that stretches between them, her only response to Keila’s next statement is a gentle nod and quiet hum. She understands why some prefer the solitude.

Mulling over Keila’s question next, she thinks back to when she first met Vidarr. “In a way, I have known him for a year or two. He was one of the first I crossed paths with when I came to Boreas. Our introduction was short, but he had left an impression,” Tenshi pauses then as she looks away from Keila. “We only recently crossed paths again and that was when I decided to join him. What about you? Have you known him long?” She asks as she continues to admire the well crafted tunnel.

Kiela

Loner

Master Navigator (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

07-31-2023, 09:37 AM

How many wolves would be part of his group, she wondered? Had some of them taken just as long to get to know Víðarr as she had, or were some joining more impulsively? Tenshi didn't seem like the latter. The way she spoke of their mutual friend was indicative of their connection, which seemed a little deeper than two wolves that had just recently met. Not that it was any of her business, but part of her did wonder, especially since soon it seemed they'd be part of the same group.

She nodded as she listened along. "I've known him for over two years now," Kiela answered after a beat, trying to remember how much time had passed. Definitely two full cycles of seasons, if not more. "And I felt similarly when I first met him. Usually I don't think twice about the wolves I run across, but he left an impression on me." She was just being honest, but it felt strange to divulge her thoughts like that to someone she'd just met. It was hardly something she was used to doing.

The conversation alone wasn't enough to unsettle her, but the combination of opening up and simultaneously feeling a bit stifled by the walls of the mine around them made her feel uneasy. "Not to cut our time together short, but I think this is as far as I go. Enclosed spaces - not my favorite," she explained, allowing an almost apologetic smile to touch her lips for a moment. She didn't look visibly uncomfortable, but she was ready to leave this place behind and she wasn't the sort of wolf to force herself to do things she didn't want to. "I'm sure I'll see you again soon enough."