Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Pride - BisexualPride - DemisexualChristmas 2019
06-07-2023, 05:52 PM
It was happening all a little too fast for her. Gloom hadn't actually expected Audra to agree to walk her home, sure she'd hoped but she hadn't expected it all the same. And yet things were still moving too fast for her! The trip across the Bifröst hadn't been long at all, not nearly long enough. By her estimation of the news she'd heard of the pack's move they ought to be nearly on top of the pack lands and if Gloom was being honest she wasn't ready to say goodbye quite yet! So yeah maybe she was meandering a bit, spending more time than she probably should to stop and check the area around them, spent a little more time than was needed to cautiously pick her way up the slope, making sure to thoroughly observe each and every path so that it was the safest. She was stalling in short, but while she'd been doing that a thought had manifested in her mind... One she wasn't sure she'd actually be able to act upon but one she was tempted to try nonetheless... What if she just went the long way around? She was less familiar with the area around here in specific after all surely it wouldn't be that hard to simply act as if she wasn't totally sure where she was headed... Right?

"talking"

Image by SugarPhlox
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Derby Winner1KPride - BisexualDouble MasterAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Wordy
06-28-2023, 11:52 AM

Audra could not deny that it was obvious what Gloom was doing. Picking at little things, hesitating, stalling, peering at every object they passed by. Though it was winter in Auster where a blustery cold threatened snow every day, it was blazing hot smack dab in the middle of summer for Boreas. Which meant not much was dangerous as far as the weather went. Sure, they had their occasional storm and a wild hurricane here and there, but what she saw as they crossed the Bifrost, it appeared the Boreas summer had been normal at best.

She wouldn’t complain though. Every time Gloom stopped, Audra stopped. Though she knew Gloom had made a full recovery and could have walked herself back to Ashen lands, Audra had insisted she go with. For safety and potentially other personal reasons, but safety always came first! What if she fell again? Or got bit again? Or came across a predator? They were both small, but with Mack, the bobcat, and Terry, the raccoon, following behind them, they could surely fight off whatever came their way.

“Are you ex-excited to see y-your family?” Audra questions as she walks alongside Gloom. She is familiar with most of Boreas lands, but is not against taking the long way around. Artorias’ second litter was doing wonderful, all healthy and beautiful, plus she had been given permission to take as long as she needed to help Gloom get back to Ashen. It was important, not only to Audra, but to Artorias and the Hallows that their guest arrive safely. So taking the long way around didn’t seem like such a bad idea. Stay off the beaten path, away from danger so to speak and maybe… spend some more time with Gloom. Didn’t sound so bad, did it?

audra's companions are to be assumed next to her unless stated otherwise

Gloom

Loner

Beginner Navigator (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Pride - BisexualPride - DemisexualChristmas 2019
08-06-2023, 03:05 PM
Gloom felt guilt flood through her at Audra's question, her face flushing and she couldn't help the sheepish look that came over her. "I am." She admitted softly. She loved her family, and she and Spirit had long been so dependant on each other the time they'd spent apart had been palpable. But it was tinged with a sadness she still couldn't identify, a longing to not have to give up either her family nor Audra wrapped around her. "My family has been the only wolves I could really handle being around for the majority of my life." She began to explain, hoping to take her mind off the conflict currently raging in her heart. "Mom... Had a hard life and it's safe to say that a few of us inherited her anxiety." Somehow the thought summoned a small sad smile. Void was really the only one of the trio who had had confidence. The other pups she could remember from her childhood, her missing siblings? She wasn't sure how she'd react if they re-entered her life now... She would be happy to see them but... They were practically strangers to her too. "For a while it was just me and my brothers Spirit and Void. We kinda had to raise each other. Something bad had happened to mom and she couldn't be around. Void was the adventurous one, he would go out and meet new people." She smiled wider this time, thinking about her brother who'd spent so long trying to pull his siblings from their shells. "He was the one who dragged me and Spirit out to try and find Mom, somewhere along the way he'd met someone special to him. They have kids now."

She looked at Audra and felt a familiar tugging in her chest. She'd once wondered what it had been like for Void when he'd found Plague... Was she experiencing it now? "Spirit and I- We spent as much time as possible with each other, I think we felt more safe together. I've been worried about how he's been handling my absence." It was an admittance that came with guilt again. "Eventually Mom found her way back to us and- Well it's more or less history." There had been the collapse of Abaven of course but in truth very little had actually changed for her, just new scenery to surround her nervous hiding.

Gloom frowned. Here she was, talking so lovingly about her family and yet she couldn't help but feel the need to delay her arrival... She felt shitty.

"talking"

Image by SugarPhlox
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Derby Winner1KPride - BisexualDouble MasterAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Wordy
08-18-2023, 10:35 AM

If anything, Audra was a good listener. Even though she could tell Gloom was feeling a mixture of emotions, Audra let her speak. Whatever tumbled from those lips, she would be there. Nodding at the appropriate moments, even letting out a little hum. The concern even made the edges of her eyes wrinkle slightly as she noticed Gloom frowning. Walking through the fjord was beautiful, but not distracting enough to make Audra feel good about the situation. As much as she wanted Gloom to stay with her at the Hallows, she would never ask her to leave her family. More so now that Gloom was opening up to her about them.

Unlike Gloom, Audra had never had a family. What family she had known had deserted her. She was too small, too weak, she hadn't been useful. It wasn't until Artorias took her in that she began to feel connected with others. There was a place within the Hallows for her and it was a place she was unwilling to give up again. Having her own conflict to wager against, she finally noticed the frown on Gloom. It nearly made her heartbreak.

"Gloom..." Audra's voice trails off as she steps over to press her shoulder against Gloom's. "I c-cannot wait to meet your br-brothers," she tries to sound warm and happy, but it is hard. How could they possibly find a solution? Would Gloom be willing to leave Ashen and her family? Would they be willing to come with? Ultimately, Audra couldn't deny the tug in her own chest. That familiar pull made her want to stay near Gloom which she had once felt with Tika. It was a feeling she missed and didn't want to let go of. But how could they both have what they wanted...

audra's companions are to be assumed next to her unless stated otherwise

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. The long way around Faller's Fjord 05:52 PM, 06-07-2023 09:30 PM, 11-01-2023