size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Shelby

1KSamhain 2022Pride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
07-08-2023, 02:36 PM

Following the kind invitation from Venom to attend her daughter's wedding, Avacyn had decided to come to Ashen ahead of the event to visit and spend a few days with their allied friends. She was still getting to know them herself outside of what she knew from her mother and after sending Louqi to ask for permission from Venom to do so she set out to do just that. The trip to Ashen had been uneventful and after a quick greeting with Venom at the border and getting settled in to somewhere she could stay for a couple of days, she went back out into Ashen's territory with Venom to walk and chat a bit. She hadn't spent much time in this portion of Boreas so she was enjoying seeing the different kind of terrains that Ashen claimed as their own. The red-hued and wind swept rocks of this third of their claimed lands was so drastically different from the lush ravine where she had first arrived and it made for quite the variation in locale.

"Not to jump right to work talk," she started with a soft chuckle as she walked along the rocks beside Venom, glancing toward the monochromatic woman beside her, "but I noticed on my way here that the scent around the territory that was at one point claimed by the Pirates has faded. Do you happen to know what became of them or if they've relocated?" She still had vivid memories of attending the challenge as a young pup when her mother had attempted to claim land in her first bid to form Elysium and there had always been a distaste of Sparrow and her pirates for her and her family. She wasn't entirely sure how Venom felt about them yet so she kept her comments fairly curious and neutral until Venom showed her feelings about them one way or another.

"Avacyn Medacium"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
07-10-2023, 06:57 AM
She was glad to have Avacyn visiting before the wedding, they likely wouldn’t have very much time to speak one on one at the actual event. There would be far too many events and guests for all of that. She needed time to get to know the young Matriarch after getting to know her mother so well. It partly made her wonder if she should start thinking about stepping down, but the thought didn’t sit well. Kiyohime had shown no great eagerness to attain the throne, and Venom was still in her prime. There was no need yet.

Ava invited her on a walk within the redwater rocks, the bright warm colors greatly muted in the moonlight as they strolled along the ridge and looked down at the intricate formations. The young woman did not withhold her words as she jumped quickly into more official talks. "It may surprise you, but I had not heard about that yet.” Venom admitted, though she wasn’t in any kind of way disappointed. She had never trusted Sparrow, and having them so close for so long had only been an annoyance. "Perhaps Ashen has become too reclusive here.” She quieted for a moment, thinking on her own words before following up, "Not that I would be regretful if they disappeared.”

"Venom"
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Avacyn

Elysium
Matriarch

Master Fighter (245)

Master Intellectual (250)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Shelby

07-15-2023, 11:41 PM

It wasn't difficult to pick up on the fact that Venom was far from distraught at the news of the pirate's seeming disbanding or displacement. At least they were like minded in that regard. She was somehow surprised at the fact that Venom had yet to year about this development though and felt a bit proud of herself for taking note of such things so that she could be the one to bring the news to their allies. It did make her even more curious about the real fate of the troublesome pack, but considering their tendency to get themselves into trouble at every turn she couldn't imagine that they would stay hidden for long if they did still exist somewhere out there in Boreas.

"I wouldn't worry too much about being reclusive," she replied at Venom's concern that Ashen had separated themselves too much in their western home. "Keeping to one's self isn't a bad thing in my opinion. Besides, you have plenty of allies scattered across Boreas to help keep an eye out if anything of interest pops up." She grinned a bit with a glance toward Venom before shifting her ebony gaze back toward the moonlit landscape. "I'm quite looking forward to Kiyohime's wedding. Thank you again for inviting us. I attended the feast after Artorias and Briar's wedding, but this will be my first time seeing a proper ceremony since my family has their own more private traditions."

"Avacyn Medacium"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
07-17-2023, 09:24 AM
Avacyn was correct, Venom truly shed absolutely no tears for the pirate pack. While they really hadn’t been anything more than a mild annoyance to her and Ashen, she knew their reputation. However, knowing what she did, it was incredibly unlikely they would be seeing the last of them, under new leadership and a new name perhaps? Venom dismissed the thought as the Matriarch went on, there were more important topics to discuss.

"You speak the truth,” Venom added as she spoke of Ashen’s allies scattered throughout Boreas and Auster. Surely the pack could keep to themselves with so many wolves to call their allies. "Having so many sets of eyes to keep open for me is more valuable than gold.” She mused between the short pause before Avacyn shifted topics once more to speak of the festivities to come.

"Of course, You have become one of our closest allies.” With Ikigai living and becoming one of Elysium’s high ranking members. They would forever be tied by blood. "I’m looking forward to everyone being here to celebrate. "Yes, it was a shame there was not a bigger celebration for Ikigai and Deimos, but I understand the importance of tradition.” She lamented ever so softly. "Kiyohime’s wedding will more than make up.” She chuckled softly, her poor daughter. Ike never wanted to be the center of attention, but she was the Crown Princess, it was her duty.

"Venom"

Avacyn

Elysium
Matriarch

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Shelby

07-20-2023, 01:39 PM

Avacyn nodded in agreement at the mention of the invaluable importance of having so many sets of open eyes. One of the things she had learned very quickly as she began to learn from her mother in preparation stepping into this role was how important having strong alliances was. That was the reason why she had been so set on reconnecting and strengthening the bonds they had with these other packs as one of her first acts as Matriarch. Her mother had laid a good ground work for her to build from and she only hoped that she could continue to find ways to deepen the friendships with her fellow alphas. So far she seemed to be doing well, but she supposed only time would tell. One only really knows the strength of a friendship when it is tested.

The topic shifted to a more joyous one as she mentioned her excitement for the princess' ceremony and she smiled at the reaffirming that they had become one of their closest allies–no doubt because of Ikigai's presence in Elysium. She of course understood Venom's subtle disappointment for not being able to throw a similar affair for Ikigai and Deimos, but she was glad that she was getting to do so for Kiyohime’s wedding. "If you wanted to hold a celebration for Ikigai and Deimos, we would be more than happy to host it," she told Venom with a smile. "Though it did sound like Ikigai did wonderfully in taking my family's tradition and shaping it into her own design. I was quite proud and inspired by what she came up with. Uncle Deimos is an extremely lucky man to have her."

"Avacyn Medacium"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

07-22-2023, 03:07 PM
Venom had been a very young she wolf when she had taken the throne from her mother. Sometimes she did wonder if that had been the best decision to make, but there was no room in her world for regrets. The events that unfolded brought her to the place she was today, and she would not have changed anything. Except perhaps saying goodbye to Ikigai, but even then had she not her relationship with Elysium would not be as strong as it was today.

The conversation did steer closer to her eldest daughter and partnership with the older man. Avacyn praised her and the job she did after offering to hold a celebration but it was so far after the fact Venom shook her head. "I do not wish to disrespect your family’s traditions.” Ava went on to mention just how lucky Deimos Mendacium really was, and the Empress would not and could never argue that fact. "Any man would be extremely lucky.” She assured her, because really no man would ever truly be good enough for her sweet Ikigai. "I do hope he realizes.” Not that she was offering a threat or discontent, only that she wanted the bets she could for her daughter since she was no longer within her grasp.

"Venom"

Avacyn

Elysium
Matriarch

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Shelby

07-23-2023, 12:58 PM

While she would have been more than happy to host an event in Ikigai and Deimos' honor, she did appreciate Venom's respect for her family's traditions and smiled gratefully as she dipped her head to Venom at that. "That's kind of you, thank you." When Venom insisted that anyone would have been lucky to have Ikigai and her hope that Deimos realized as such, Avacyn nodded with understanding while she continued to stroll alongside Venom. While she still had not had the chance to truly get to know the Klein princess that had come to live with them, she knew well her parents' fondness for her and the absolute grace that Ikigai seemed to exude. She certainly could not argue with Venom's assessment even as a more neutral third party in the situation. "While I can't fully speak for my uncle, I can say that there has been a great change in him for the better since Ikigai joined our family," she said confidently, hoping that her first hand account might reassure the Empress of Deimos' care for her daughter. "He seems to worship the ground she walks on–as he should," she added with a slightly cheeky grin.

As her thoughts lingered on Ikigai and her place as the newest member of the Mendacium family, something she had been heavily considering for some time crossed her thoughts and she glanced toward Venom with a slight uncertainty. She wanted to share the thought since it could have a significant impact on the relationship between their packs, but she had no way of knowing how Venom might react to the reason behind this decision so she felt the need to tread lightly. Regardless, it wasn't something she could keep in the dark forever so perhaps it was best she be open and honest in the going ons between their families. There was a pause before she shared, "I haven't had the chance to discuss this with Ikigai yet, but... I believe I will be choosing my heir from her and Deimos' children. One of your granddaughters will likely be the next Matriarch of Elysium." She gave Venom a slightly bittersweet smile as she added, "Due to my... choice of soul mate I'm unlikely to be able to produce my own heir. But it feels fitting to have our next Matriarch come a union between our families since you and your family have been such incredible supporters of mine for so long. I have no doubt with Ikigai's wisdom and Deimos' strength that they will produce a wonderful heir."

"Avacyn Medacium"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

07-23-2023, 07:45 PM
Avacyn seemed to appreciate the Empress’ reverence for her family’s tradition. Besides, if Iki desired to have a bigger ceremony or have her family there Venom would have made it happen. Reassuring though, was what the Matriarch had to say about her uncle and the once Klein woman’s husband. Venom nodded, and smiled. Knowing that her daughter was being taken care of warmed her heart even if the young woman was no longer under her wing. "Good, thank you for your reassuring words.” Venom offered as they continued their walk.

Silence settled between them for a moment, she glanced at the young woman and saw her thoughts gathering on her young features and gave her time. The Empress was patient as the girl finally spoke, and she listened intently as she went on. Venom lifted a white brow in curiosity as she mentioned making one of Ikigai’s daughters her next heir. The woman explained simply that any of her own offspring would not be appropriate. More loyalty to tradition, which Venom could appreciate.

Even more was the potential to increase the strength of their alliance with such a union. "I couldn’t agree more.” She told her as Avacyn quieted. "If Ikigai agrees, I would be honored to call my future granddaughter Matriarch of Elysium. That would certainly solidify our alliance for generations to come.” The thought warmed her heart, knowing that the Empire had come so far, and her blood would spread and rule for a very long time.

"Venom"

Avacyn

Elysium
Matriarch

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Shelby

07-30-2023, 08:23 PM

Avacyn was glad to hear Venom's approval of her idea. She had no doubt that Saracyn would be disappointed once she broke the news to him, but it still felt right to cement the union of two powerful families for generations to come. She was certain that this wasn't the way that her ancestors had chosen their mates or the considerations that they had to make when choosing who the next Matriarch would be, but they weren't living isolated as they once had and if she was going to be entrusted with ensuring her family's longevity in Boreas then she was going to have to play the game that Boreas provided for her. Besides, hearing how pleased Venom was by the idea did make her feel like she was making steps in the right direction with her first real pack altering decision as Matriarch. Now she just had to hope that Ikigai would be just as keen on the idea–not that she had a doubt that she would be.

"I look forward to seeing that," she replied to the strengthening of their alliance for generations. "I'm not certain yet how long I wish to keep the title, but I still feel like it's something I need to be considering. You never know what might happen." Of course she didn't want to think about what accidents or terrible things were possible in the world, but if she didn't consider all of the possibilities and prepare for them then she would be doing Elysium a disservice by leaving them without a leader to take over for her when she was unable to lead herself. "I've known that I would be Matriarch one day for as long as I can remember... Was it the same for Kiyohime? Or did you chose her as your heir once she was older?"

"Avacyn Medacium"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

08-07-2023, 06:57 AM
Ikigai and Kiyohime were very different women but even through their differences their sisterhood could never be denied. Having their children rule each pack one day there would be an unbreakable bond between the packs. There would be a long line of loyalty between the two. Venom couldn’t know the inner workings of Avacyn’s mind though, and there was still a chance that this plan would not be seen through. Venom was always aware of getting her hopes up too high.

"As do I,” Venom agreed. How could she not? The Empire was only as strong as its Allies. Avacyn went on about her decision, uncertain how long she truly wished to remain as Elysium’s Matriarch. Of course, she needed to wait for Iki to have her own first litter and choose the pup to become heir. "No truer words have been spoken.”
"As my mother did with me, she was chosen at a very young age with the knowledge that any of her siblings could challenge her for her position. However, much like me, that has never happened.” Ashen was thus far a matriarchy, but it was not required as Elysium was. Just as the first litter had their chance, Venom would also give the option to her second litter. Should any of them have the desire, they could challenge Ike for her position.

"Venom"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Talk Shop Redwater Rocks 02:36 PM, 07-08-2023 03:37 AM, 02-13-2024