size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
wicked

Double MasterStudentRapid Poster - Bronze1K
07-18-2023, 02:59 PM

Dread wasn't sneaking. He wasn't doing anything sneaky, nope, not at all. He'd simply told Mortis that he could find his way home on his own. It was true, he was going to go see a girl. A pirate girl. Something that Mort probably knew, something that Dread hadn't necessarily kept a secret. Not since he'd turned up at his own birthday party with the girl in tow. Not since he'd quietly helped Deluge and Gilgamesh slip away. Something that he wouldn't take ownership for, nope, Deluge had done that all on her own. Dread wasn't quite sure that anyone believed that, but he hadn't gotten into trouble for it... not yet. What was he doing? Oh, to be young and way more attached to a girl behind enemy lines than he should have been. It would be trouble when someone found out, when he inevitably got caught.

He washes up on the beach around noon, shaking the water from his dark pelt. He hadn't really decided exactly how he was going to get Deluge's attention now that he was here. Does he just... ask? It's what he'd done in Ethne, just days ago, but this was... different. This was a much different set of circumstances. He exchanges a look with Roan, his companion looking back with a shrug. "I didn't think I'd get this far, actually." The words are quiet, spoken with a lopsided grin. The little marsupial by his side rolled his eyes, already exasperated with the situation. Mostly, he wanted to go home.

"Do I just... ask for her?" Dread and his companion were spending an awful lot of time talking about it, and not a lot actually doing. They stood on the beach discussing, a light breeze picking up as they tried to sort out what they were going to do next.

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Intellectual (635)

Master Fighter (810)

An icon representing the specialty Gambler Gambler

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Rapid Poster - SilverWordyBest BudsSocialiteCritical Attack!Legendary
LoserRaiderCritical Fail!Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarred
Snake EyesWinnerOoh La LaDouble Master1KAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
07-19-2023, 02:46 PM

One could say that Gilgamesh wasn't exactly an Alpha that respected borders. So when a familiar but not familiar scent brushed by his nose, his head kind of tilted for a moment as he stopped what he was doing. A visitor? Already? His curiosity is sufficiently piqued as he drops the driftwood he had been dragging and heads back toward the beach. Gil's posture is relaxed, albeit his lean figure is always somewhat tense these days. There was a lot that went into owning a pack and he couldn't help the niggling feeling of guilt he felt every time he saw Sparrow. Damn, why couldn't he just not have feelings?

Thoughts were cast away as he rounded the corner and he saw the dark-coated boy. His markings were definitely familiar and not necessarily in a good way. To his knowledge, Deluge had been the only one to help him escape from the Armada that night. She had not told him of any such boy - even though Gil had smelled him on her at one point. Frozen in his spot, his expression changed from curious to annoyed to perplexed to some sort of mixture of mischief and sly. Keeping his head held high like a proper leader, he approaches after those few moments of silence.

"I can't say you're exactly trespassing, but I hope you have a reason for being here," his deep tones rumble like a true villain. Always a slight snarl to the edge of his words as if he's smoked too many cigarettes and been punched in the face more times than he should have. He thinks of sitting but decides to stay standing because there is basically a 1% chance the boy might have the balls to try something. Yet, his body language stays relaxed as he gives the boy a chance to speak.

"speech"

CODE BY SHELBY

gilgamesh is aggressive, don't trust him

Dread

Raiders Hollow
The Advocate

Master Fighter (240)

Master Intellectual (295)

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
wicked

07-19-2023, 03:39 PM

So maybe there was a bit of a problem with Dread's plan. A bit of a problem, or maybe something he hadn't quite accounted for... shit. In his conversation with his companion, he'd let his guard down. Been distracted, not paying quite enough attention to... fuck. No, the one to greet Dread on the beach wasn't going to be Deluge. Gilgamesh, king of the raiders, walking down the beach towards Dread. It was too late for the boy to turn and make a break for it, couldn't look like a bitch in front of Deluge's father. Couldn't look like a bitch in front of an alpha, especially one that was on rocky footing with the Armada. The boy swallowed hard, straightening his posture. Making steady eye contact with Gilgamesh, trying not to look nervous. Trying... but in moments like this the yearling feels small.

He hadn't done anything necessarily wrong yet (today.) Dread was toeing the line, somewhat literally. Gilgamesh stayed relaxed, and he was trying his damndest to relax too. Posture neutral, though he was tense. Respectful, trying not to cross a line. It didn't seem that the raider king was aggressive, at least... not yet. "I wanted to see your daughter, sir." Dread's tone was metered, even. He speaks clearly. This was a boy that had been raised well, and he was going to do everything he could to show that.

Trying to conceal his nerves, Dread looked instead to Gilgamesh's face. Trying to gage exactly how he would react... hell, Dread had no idea. Still, maybe the nerves were a good thing. If he was nervous, that meant he cared... right?

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (810)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
07-19-2023, 03:53 PM

Gil will admit that he is impressed that the Armada boy has enough courage to look him in the eye. Some found his goat-like pupils daunting and his overall demeanor rather... unsettlingly. While his coloring was no more normal than that of a cattle dog, it was the slightly glowing crystals growing from his spine and hidden fangs that made his upper lip protrude slightly that put others on edge. None of it bothered Gil any more than the next because the more others were terrified of him, the fucking better. Not everyone could get away with what Sparrow did being a jovial pirate and the sleeping with anyone could get her paws on. That may have worked for the ex-Pirate King, but for him... other manners of force would have to do.

Silence settled over him as he continued to stare the boy down. Even when he requested to see Deluge and all Gil wanted to do was laugh like a hyena, he kept a stoic expression. He wanted the tension to rise. If the boy wasn't sweating by now, he would be soon. Blinking slowly, keeping his muscles frozen as if he were a statue, he didn't answer for what felt like an eternity. Really, it was more or so a minute, but hey, who counts? Finally, he lets one brow raise as if to say YOU want to see MY daughter? He even adds a low hum for effect... as if he was actually contemplating allowing an Armadan onto his lands.

"And does my daughter want to see the likes of you?" His rumble seethes through his teeth as he allows his elongated incisors to flip down. Really, it was a fucking cool thing that he could do now. One of the only good things to come from the Long Night. But anyway, back to the situation. Taking a step closer, though his posture was still relaxed, his hackles bristle slightly as his gaze never leaves the boy. Applying pressure, there is still some distance between them, just in case.

"speech"

Dread

Raiders Hollow
The Advocate

Master Fighter (240)

Master Intellectual (295)

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
wicked

07-19-2023, 05:50 PM

The more he looked at Gilgamesh, the more things he picked up on. Dread supposed that alphas were supposed to be intimidating, and the raid king's gifts were on display.
A ridge of crystals down his back, imposing stature, and something about his eyes that were a little... off. Dread couldn't actually place what about them was off, but as he steadily held eye contact he couldn't figure out quite what it was. His pulse quickened, feeling the tension rise between them.

It felt like an eternity, the tension so thick that Dread could taste it. He was fighting to maintain eye contact, fighting to keep himself looking... like he could handle this. The boy swallowed hard, hearing the hum as it radiated from Gilgamesh's chest. The words... ow, dude. His tone remained neutral, even if he was trying desperately not to crack under the pressure. "I would like to think so." He wouldn't give in, he wouldn't crumble. Dread had come to see Deluge, and if he had to make his first impression on her father now then so be it.

He could do this... right?

The elongated fangs felt a bit like a threat, though Dread does what he can to keep his eyes from going wide at the sight of them. A step closer, Dread tensed. His toes digging into the sand, trying not to visibly bristle but he was on edge. High alert. He's on high alert, heart pounding in his chest.

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (810)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
07-24-2023, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2023, 01:37 PM by Gilgamesh. Edited 1 time in total.)

The world around them froze. Just the two males, standing there, staring at each other. Tension is palpable between them as Gil can see the slight changes in Dread's facade. He can tell the boy is trying his best. Still, would it be enough? As they stand there, toes digging into the sand, a light breeze ruffling their fur, Gil wonders. Would it be smart to allow his daughter to date an Armadan? He could only imagine the pure fury that Sirius would hold if he were to find out. Suppose it was better that Dread was knocking on his doorstep instead of the Warlord's. Pft, Warlord. He would love to see that old geezer start a war.

Gil fights back a chuckle at Dread's response. He allows his hackles to lay down against his spine and his weight to lean back onto his hind paws. Holding that relaxed state, he pulls back on the threatening stance. There is a necessity to take a few minutes to think. He had options. Honestly, the smartest and best option would be to send the boy packing and tell him to never return. This Dread after all was related to his now mortal enemy after his adventure up into the Col. There would be no forgiveness for attempting to kidnap Miss Hana-hoe herself. A hum radiates from his chest as he contemplates.

"Dread, is it? Or should I be calling you Dead when Daddy finds out about who you've given your heart to?" The Raid King raises a brow and lets out a low chuckle this time as he takes a few steps toward his right. He enjoys the feeling of the sand between his toes, and the caw of the sea birds encircling the isle. Secretly, he wants to kidnap this boy or even offer him to stay. Staying would be easier, of his own free will, but kidnapping is fun. Swiveling his body so that he begins to pace the other way, Gil never allows his eyes to leave the boy. Pacing from right to left, left to right, he still contemplates. If Deluge were to show up, he would tell them to get lost and figure it out for themselves. But... she was his princess after all and turning away yet another pup of his would be frustrating and saddening.

Taking in a crisp salty breath, Gil nods as he brings himself back to stand before Dread. "See Dread, the thing is. The Warlord and I... have our differences and if I were to allow you to stay on my lands, you would be bringing trouble to my doorstep. That is not something I am particularly fond of as I enjoy bringing about my own pain," he smirks as he lets his head tilt slightly to the side. "So what would you propose? If I allow you to see my daughter, will you be telling the Warlord of your choice? Or do I need to chase you off into those waters?" Gil steps forward, his hackles raising once more as his lips curl up into a snarl.

"speech"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. the teenage boy you used to be Daager Isle 02:59 PM, 07-18-2023 07:42 PM, 09-02-2023