gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby
07-22-2023, 11:12 PM

Wynter hummed a little tune to herself as she used a stick to draw out a few shapes in the dirt, first a shape that could possibly be described as a grasshopper and then another that looked more believably like a tree. The bigger, less detailed shapes were easier to do, but when did she ever pick the easier thing do to? After the success of her tree drawing, that boosted her confidence and she started sketching out what she intended to be the jaguar that had chased after her and Aunt Kite the other day. It was at least recognizable as some kind of animal since it had four legs, a head, and a tail, but somewhere around the point where she started drawing in its spiky, uneven teeth that she started questioning just how well this drawing was going. She started trying to salvage the doodle with some wobbly, uneven spots to make it more identifiable as a big cat, but after a couple of spots something falling caught her attention.

She glanced up from her work to look up at the sky, tilting her head slightly as she watched something else falling toward her and then another and another. Abandoning her drawing stick, she sat up and reached for whatever it was and watched as a very delicate little flake of some kind fell on her dark paw, the itty bitty but very pretty thing standing out really well against the darker background of her fur. She squinted at it curiously, but after just a moment it melted and it was gone. Quickly she looked up toward the sky again, hopping to her paws as she looked around for another of the flakes and slowly more and more began to fall until it was a light flurry of snow around here that fell to the ground but almost immediately began to melt. "Dad!" she called as she started to run back toward their family den, knowing he was around today while mom went out to gather something from another part of the forest. "Dad! Dad! What is this stuff?" she questioned as she bounced around his feet, pointing excitedly up at the sky.

"Wynter Fatalis"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Critical Hit!Valentines 2020
07-22-2023, 11:18 PM

Dad! The call had Mortis jumping to his paws. Between the patrols, and the pups, he’d been running a little low on sleep lately. Without quite meaning to, his eyes had slipped closed. But they certainly weren’t closed now. Heart hammering in his chest, he scrambled towards Wynter, only to realise her cry had been one of excitement. Trying to calm his adrenaline, he looked at the bouncing pup and laughed.

He reached down and picked her up, depositing her on his back. “It’s called snow. Quick! Stick your tongue out and try to catch some” He told her, starting to move a little so she was moving through the lightly falling snow. As he did so, he saw the drawing she had been making in the dirt. “What’s this? What mighty teeth it has, where did you see this?” Keeping his voice light and friendly, but inside he was already getting worried again. What had Wynter seen! With such strange, jagged teeth…

"Speech"

Wynter

Armada
Diplomat

Expert Fighter (180)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Tactician Tactician

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby
07-23-2023, 11:17 PM

Wynter giggled as she was scooped up and placed on her father's back, given a much better vantage point to see all of the white, floating flakes as they drifted down from the sky. She couldn't wait to be as tall as her father so she could see everything like this all of the time. "Snooooow..." she repeated with awe as she gave her a name for what she was seeing and as soon as he told her to try catching some on her tongue she easily agreed with an eager, "Okay!" before sticking her tongue out and leaning one way and another in her attempts to catch some of the tiny ice crystals on her tongue.

She caught a couple, but was quickly distracted from her game when her dad questioned her about her drawing that had been abandoned in favor of getting answers about the snow. "It's a jaguar!" she said mater of factly as if he was obviously supposed to guess immediately what it was even though she very much knew it was a poor representation of the feline she saw. "I saw it when I was exploring the other day and I was talking to Aunt Kite and then all of the sudden it just came running at us from out of no where!" she told him excitedly as she balanced on the back of his neck and peeked over his shoulder at her own doodles. "I got on Aunt Kite's back and her and Lioness chased it off! It was awesome!"

"Wynter Fatalis"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-25-2023, 11:05 PM

A jaguar!” He said with some shock, but then fell silent to hear the rest of her story. She was excited to tell him about exploring with Kite, and scaring off the creature. He swallowed, pushing down his protective fears. She hadn’t left pack lands, and she had been with an older wolf. He could hardly yell at her for doing nothing wrong. So why did he feel more than a little like doing so?

He didn’t speak until he had a handle on his emotions. He wanted nothing of it to leak past his defences. When he pointed again at the drawing, he sounded level, intrigued. “Did he really have teeth like that? Very impressive. Were you scared, Wynter? You know, if you ever see anything like that again and you're not with an adult, you need to call for me. As big and loud as you can mange, yeah?” He said, tone light.

"Speech"

Wynter

Armada
Diplomat

Expert Fighter (180)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Tactician Tactician

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby
07-25-2023, 11:43 PM

She thought her story of an exciting chase with a jaguar and her aunt would get a more excited or awed reaction from her father, but as she looked up at him with eager eyes she didn't really see that same kind of excitement from him and it made her own eagerness fizzle a bit. Eventually he did reply, but it was more questions about the jaguar and if she had been scared along with a reminder of what to do if she found herself in danger. Looking back to the poorly drawn jaguar for a moment as she answered, "Well, it's teeth didn't look exactly like that. It had some pretty sharp looking teeth, but not as sharp as yours, dad!" Grinning up at him again, she added, "I was a little scared at first, but Aunt Kite got me away so fast I didn't even have time to be scared! And I definitely woulda called for you if Aunt Kite hadn't been there, dad. I promise!"

"Wynter Fatalis"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-31-2023, 10:56 PM

Mortis saw the way her excitement fizzled a little, and he scrambled for a way to be excited for her, even while the idea of her facing down a predator - Auntie or no - terrified him. “Sounds like you had quite the adventure!” he said, offering her a smile and ruffling a paw gently through her coat between her ears. “And I’m glad to hear it. It sounds like your Auntie had the situation well in hand.” Even if she was blind during the daytime. At least her promise helped to settle his worries a little.

Was this how Sirius felt? How did his Dad ever manage to breathe, worrying for so many children at once? “Well, it looks like the snow isn’t going to stop any time soon. You know what that means?” He said, shaking the white from his coat and grinning at her.

"Speech"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Wonderland Mile-High Woods 11:12 PM, 07-22-2023 03:57 AM, 02-17-2024