ardent

Jeepers Creepers

Cryptis

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (614)

Master Hunter (325)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

WealthyLegendaryHomebodyWinnerVengeanceCritical Dodge!
LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - AromanticSocialite
Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipScarredDouble MasterOoh La LaHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1KDream Weaver
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Treat 2019
08-08-2023, 01:42 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2023, 01:42 AM by Medusa. Edited 1 time in total.)
OOC//set after Widow tells her she was found!

She had been...worried. Widow's child who was also practically Medusa's kid had gone missing, and while Widow did the searching, Medusa had no choice but to limit her own searches because of also having to run Insomnia and make sure things didn't get too crazy. But Cryptis was back now and Medusa could sleep again! Well...sort of. She did have literal insomnia, so that made things tough, but honestly she was used to the lack of sleep, so it was something very normal in her life. Now that Cryptis was back, however, Medusa gave her the space she needed to resettle into the pack before bugging her, but now it was the time to bug her and say hello again!

"Medusa"

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Cryptis

Hellborn
Princess

Novice Healer (15)

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
08-08-2023, 01:48 AM

Cryptis was certainly struggling to settle back into a routine. Considering she didn’t remember what her ‘routine’ had actually been. All she had was her mothers word on it. She believed in her mother, absolutely. She had come charging in like an avenging angel and rescued her from a fate she didn’t fully understand. But using the word of another wasn’t the same as experiencing it.

It left her more than a little lost, looking for familiar and finding none. She knew Medusa - her mother had taken her to the pack leader when she was brought back to Insomnia. But it was still some surprise when the large Alpha came looking for her. She looked up at the skeletal-patterned wolf, and aimed a timid smile somewhere in the direction of her chest. “Hello, were you looking for me?”

"Speech"

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (614)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipScarredDouble MasterOoh La LaHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
08-20-2023, 02:11 AM

She couldn't quite put her paw on it, but something about Cryptis seemed a little off. Medusa had known this girl since she was born. She had nursed the child since the moment she was born. Not for long, but she had when Widow had been unable to herself at the time. While Medusa didn't catch onto everything, she had enough sense to know when things felt a little off when it came to her children. And although Cryptis wasn't hers by blood, she still considered the little goblin as an extension of her family. "Yes, Medusa wanted to see how Cryptis is doing. Medusa, Rue, Tazzy, and Morticia were worried! Of course, Widow, too." She settled down onto the ground so she wasn't towering over her so much. She was curious as to what had happened to the child. Wanted to know what she could do to better protect her. "Is Cryptis okay?"

"Medusa"

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Cryptis

Hellborn
Princess

Novice Healer (15)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
08-20-2023, 02:16 AM
She gave Medusa a small, shy smile. Trying not to wince at the collection of names the Insomnia Alpha spoke of. It was just so hard knowing there were these wolves she had lived alongside, and was raised with. Knowing they existed, and little else. When she tried to reach for the memories, it left her with an awful headache. Like there was a vast emptiness in her brain. Her mother believed the effects would fade, but patience was difficult when it left her surrounded by strangers who knew her.

As Medusa crouched down beside her, she looked over at her again. Finding some courage this time to glance at the wolf's eyes. What she saw there encouraged her, though she didn’t maintain the eye contact. “Did Widow tell you what happened?” She asked quietly. “I just, I feel a little lost, Medusa…”

"Speech"

Medusa

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (614)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

08-20-2023, 02:48 AM

The more Medusa observed the black and gold little girl, the more she herself felt confused. She hadn't seen so much confusion in her adoptive childs eyes before, and although the Wraith wasn't totally sure what was plaguing Cryptis, it seemed that there was definitely an issue here. She didn't know how to approach it or handle it, so she did what she always did and carried on as normal. That would be the best thing to do, no? Maybe? Maintain the status quo? Of course, she would support where needed, but she didn't know how to work with things like this. Hell, she hadn't known how to do alot before now, and somehow she always figured it out, one way or another. Maybe Ghoul would know...or maybe she could ask her companions for advice later.

"Mmmm..." Widow had mentioned something, but Medusa wasn't sure she wholly understood the situation with Cryptis. Still, she nodded. If only to reassure the child. For now, at least. She was willing to learn about what was going on, if only to help her get better. Or try to, anyway. “I just, I feel a little lost, Medusa…” Her head tilted slightly to the side, ears perked forward as she drew in a breath. "Medusa felt the same for a long time. Sometimes she still does." She scratched her head in thought, "But Cryptis has a lot of family and friends here to help her. Medusa didn't until she made Insomnia. We are all here to help Cryptis," That sounded...reassuring...she hoped.

"Medusa"

Cryptis

Hellborn
Princess

Novice Healer (15)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
08-20-2023, 02:59 AM
She knew Medusa was trying, and she felt inherently trustful of the wolf before her. She figured that was something to do with the memories locked away in her head. She might not recognise Medusa on a conscient level, but something in her clearly did. Still, it was easier to maintain this conversation without eye contact. So she kept her focus somewhere below the older wolf's chest.

“That’s sort of the problem, actually” She explained, her voice both apologetic and uncertain. “The… wolf that had me, he kept me drugged, and its affected my memories. Widow thinks it's temporary, but until then… I have to look at these people I know. See recognition and memories in their eyes while feeling none of it myself.” And it was just so hard like everyone was expecting her to be someone she’d forgotten how to be.

"Speech"

Medusa

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (614)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

08-20-2023, 07:04 PM

“That’s sort of the problem, actually” Medusa's head tilted a bit as she listened, gaze never leaving her tiny little charge. Cryptis would always be her family, even without the blood relation. The only ones related to her by blood that she was aware of were her kids, but Ghoul and Widow, and even Macabre she considered family. She listened quietly to Cryptis explain her situation, the Wraith's fur slowly rising in anger at what had been done to her. The bastard that had hurt Cryptis was dead now, but it didn't stave off what she felt. She nor Widow had been able to be there in her time of need. But nonetheless, neither of them had stopped searching.

She tried hard to understand her position. She couldn't fathom losing her memory and not recognizing those she had grown up with, played with, learned with, and loved. Slowly, she let her fur lie flat as she forced herself to calm down. There was nothing she could do that had already past, but she could try to help going forward. "Medusa does not understand or know what it is like, but Medusa and the others will be here to help. If Cryptis' memory comes back, good! If not, then we make new memories," She grinned, trying to put a little light on the situation as she reached forward and gently nuzzled the small girls shoulder. She didn't know if there was some sort of herbal concoction to help reboot someone's memory, but it wouldn't hurt to ask around probably.

"Medusa"

Cryptis

Hellborn
Princess

Novice Healer (15)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
08-21-2023, 10:44 PM
“I appreciate that Medusa, thank you…” She said, smiling into the ground. After a moment, she lifted her eyes again, meeting the Wraiths. She found no judgement nor anything to be embarrassed of in the older woman's eyes. She held her gaze a little longer this time. Smiling as the other wolf nudged her shoulder.

She was feeling pretty positive about Medusa. Whoever she had been to Triss, she was clearly someone who had mattered to her. Who still did matter. “If you’d like… could you maybe tell me a little about my childhood?” She asked, voice soft. Embarrassed by the request, she dropped her eyes again.

"Speech"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Jeepers Creepers Dancefloor of the Gods 01:42 AM, 08-08-2023 11:38 AM, 02-29-2024