gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
wicked
08-21-2023, 07:30 PM

Traveling was starting to get tiring. Not that Bay didn't enjoy it-- he did! That was the reason he'd chosen this path. That was the whole reason he'd taken off on his own. Wandered out into the new world, walked into something... lovely. Walking off into the sunset really was great, he didn't have any regrets! But he did miss the comforts, he missed the companionship. It's lonely out here, and that loneliness is hard to shake.

Really, he's okay!

Probably.

The young man pulled himself to the beach as the sun set around his shoulders. It was an inky sunset, dark blues and purples casting their reflection on the beach. Oh, it was pretty out here. Bay took a moment to right himself, shaking the water from his coat. A spray off in all directions, and he really did need a minute to catch his breath. The swim had been so long he'd darn near lost track, but that was alright. Probably, that was enough swimming for the foreseeable future. Bay's gaze shifted to the land before him. Right, he still needed to find somewhere to rest. Somewhere to sleep and recoup and whatever else.

Excitement still colored even that daunting task, though. This was the first day of the rest of his life, and nothing could be sweeter.

Bay

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

Master Intellectual (305)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

ScarredDouble MasterRapid Poster - SilverSamhain 2022
08-22-2023, 06:12 PM
The sky is awash with the brilliant colors of the setting Spring sun. Plants have sprouted where once they had laid dormant and the beautiful cycle of rebirth is in full swing. There should be joy in the young girl’s heart at watching the yearly change and hope of a better future but, for Haydée, a heaviness seems to loom over her. Being the new leader of Ethne comes with new responsibilities and the young girl feels woefully unprepared for them. Thoughts swirl around in her head as she walks, making her steps feel heavy and causing her small head to bow. The Falls are such a familiar land that she can walk through them without paying much attention which she seems to be doing a lot lately.

Suddenly, in the midst of her tumultuous thoughts as she treks along, an unknown scent hits Haydée’s nose. Pulling to a stop, the girl pulls in a deep breath to read the different smells on the air. Underneath the blooming flowers and heady herbal aromas is a new, strange one. It seems to be canine but it is not a wolf. More curious than mad that there is a trespasser in their lands, the red girl delves into the depths of the forest that surrounds the Falls to intercept the stranger. Soon, a slightly taller, shaggy, wet and yet thoroughly happy looking form comes into view.

Moving to stand in front of him, Hay halts their forward progress while offering a welcoming, warm smile. Gently, the new Leader of Ethne says, “Hello there. Is anything I can do to help you? You find yourself on Ethne pack lands but, if you mean us no harm, then you are welcome here.” Her mother had stressed that everyone is welcome within their pack and that they should not judge others. This stranger is different but she finds herself smiling because he just seems so happy. Her own tail begins to slowly wag behind her the longer she is in his presence.

"Haydée Kedieo"

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”
Haydée has a male northern cardinal named Chanson and a female fossa named Manon. They are always close by.

Bay

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
wicked
08-22-2023, 06:33 PM

It was heavy, being on his own. Heavy but he could carry it. Heavy, but he could do it. There was nothing saying he couldn't. Still, Bay doesn't maintain the me versus the world mentality. No, instead it's me and the world, which makes him feel much better. Being alone in the universe... that's not really it. None of them are alone. They're all right where they need to be, and Bay can take solace in that.

And that means the red girl is right where she needs to be, too. Boy, he sure is glad to see her. His tail wags as soon as he picks up the scent, blue eyes glimmering in the fading daylight. "Ope, forgive me," the golden boy smiled sheepishly. "I don't, I promise. I'm just tired from swimming all day." The smile doesn't drop, and his tail doesn't stop wagging. Bay gestured vaguely over his shoulder towards the sea, towards the direction from whence he came. "I'm Bay, Bay Morgan." His smile shifts from sheepish to more confident. Expression open and friendly, the golden boy starts to relax some.

Bay

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

08-22-2023, 07:11 PM
The golden dog’s tail is wagging, causing Hay’s own tail to lazily wag in response. His words have the girl relaxing, her posture opening while her muscles relax. Emerald eyes move in the direction of the water behind the happy boy as he explains why he is trespassing and she nods slowly in understanding. The happy golden dog offers his name and the girl’s own smile warms immensely as her gaze shifts back to him. With a polite dip of her head, she says, “My name is Haydée Kedieo and you find yourself in Ethne, Bay.”

Green eyes watch the male, noticing the lines that exhaustion place on his happy form. After a long moment, Haydée decides to offer, “Well, that must have been a long swim. Why don’t you follow me and I can get you dried off and get some warm food in your belly?” Gesturing toward the heavens, she says, “Night is falling and I bet you don’t have place to stay. Why don’t you stay the night here and you can continue your travels tomorrow?” A brow lifts as she offers Ethne’s hospitably to the stranger, finding it easy to trust the boy with bright smile and happy demeanor.

Something tells her that really does not mean harm and Haydée is more than happy to offer him shelter… and more.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Haydée has a male northern cardinal named Chanson and a female fossa named Manon. They are always close by.

Bay

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
wicked
08-22-2023, 08:17 PM

His tail doesn't stop. It doesn't still. Bay is still just as excited at the prospect of this new beginning as he was about washing up on the beach. He's still just as excited as he was when he left home. He's still excited. The sunshine seems to come from the inside out, radiating, despite the sun setting behind him. There were so many new names floating around in his head already-- Ethne, Haydée. He'd do his best to remember them all. Really, Bay was certain that he wouldn't forget the little red girl, the one who was here to greet him on his very first day. The first day of the rest of his life. Wow!

It's only with Haydée's kind invitation that he hesitates, only for a moment. "Are you sure? I don't have anything to offer in return," the sheepishness creeps back into his tone. His blue eyes are gentle as they rest on Haydée's face. There's something soft in his gaze, tinted with more than a little awe. Was she just... offering? The kindness of strangers would never cease to amaze him, that was for sure. Still, he doesn't want to impose, he doesn't want to overstep. As if to punctuate his question, Bay's stomach gives a loud grumble. He gives a sheepish chuckle, hoping to mask it. Being without a thing in the world was freeing, but situations like this left him maybe a bit concerned about what was to become of him here.

Bay

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

08-22-2023, 08:41 PM
There is something about the golden boy that makes the young Leader want to smile, to laugh, and just enjoy life as it comes. His tail does not stop wagging and Haydée finds herself relaxing further as the joy that had fled her in the face of her father’s death now slowly begins to creep back into her life. The sun may be leaving the sky but the girl has found her own source of brightness... her own source of warmth in the darkness that seems to be surrounding her and the girl is suddenly loath to see it leave.

She offers him shelter and food for the night but, truthfully, she does not wish to see him leave… ever. A part of her suddenly wants to protect this endless fountain of pure joy and the girl abruptly knows that she will defend him until her death. It is such a strange, strong sensation yet she knows it to be true. He asks if she is sure and the girl’s smile only grows in magnitude as she steps out of his path and the off to the side as she shrugs her shoulders and says, “Of course I am sure, Bay. Ethne has plenty of food and space to spare so… why not share the wealth?”

It is a rhetorical question that she does not expect the boy to answer. Bellamy had taught her when to be defensive and protect her family but, right now, her father’s compassion shines through as she gestures for Bay to follow her and she prepares to lead the golden boy a tour of her pack.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Bay

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
wicked
08-22-2023, 09:12 PM

Bay believes in karma. What you put into the universe comes back to you, or comes back to you three times over. Even before that, he'd put out as much light and positivity as he could. Now? Well, it felt like that light was shining back on him. The universe was a reflection of himself, and he was a reflection of the universe. There's good in everyone, but he'd put that good under a microscope if he could. More than that, he can see the good spread before him. There is good here, in Ethne. Bay can feel the epicenter of that good standing opposite him on the beach. His tender heart is warm.

"Thank you, Haydée." Bay speaks softly, gently. There is something warm in his voice, and he savors her name as it slips past his lips. It was enchanting, actually, but he wouldn't say that out loud. Nah, he won't make things weird. Instead, Bay continues wagging his tail and follows after her.

"It's really pretty out here," the remark is soft. Bay marvels at the plants as they walk, taking in the vegetation and the brilliance that seems to go on forever. Soft blue gaze shining, there was so much to see. So much to take in. So much of all of it. Wow.

Bay

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

08-24-2023, 05:58 PM
While Bay believes in karma, Haydée has been brought up in the faith of the Divines. But, when you boil it all down, they both have been brought up to trust in the kindness of strangers. His joy is infectious and the young Leader finds that the darkness that has been hanging over her is no match for the sunshine this boy brings. His soft thanks is met with a dip of her head and an equally gentle, “You are most welcome, Bay.” The smile that hasn’t left her lips since first finding him grows further and she slowly leads him through the forest underneath the setting sun.

Bay’s voice pulls her emerald gaze over to where he walks beside her and she offers a soft, musical laugh at the way the boy marvels at the world. Happily, she explains, “My mother claimed this land before I was born and we do our best to make sure it flourishes in spite of us being here. Now, you may choose to use a den either at the top of the falls or behind the waterfall. My own is behind the water.” Haydée marvels at how easy to talk to golden boy, to offer words of warmth without worry of what he may think.

The roar of the waterfall enters the air and the girl’s eyes shine with merriment as she looks at Bay, suddenly excited to share her home with the golden retriever.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Bay

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
wicked
08-25-2023, 12:00 AM

He marvels at it. The Falls, the lush land around it, and Haydée too. There's a lightness in his step, each one more excited than the last. It seems that he just shines. Really, it's glorious. Filled with all sorts of wonderful things, including the warmth in his heart. Even more warmth washes over him, hearing his name spoken by her voice. Bay is pretty sure he's never heard it said better, by anyone, really ever. They pad across the ground in step, and he's already making himself comfortable.

The golden boy turns his gaze from the land, back to Haydée. "Behind the falls? That sounds fantastic." He's excited, ears perking up as he speaks. Tail wagging insistently, though it had barely stopped. What an interesting place to live, behind the waterfall. That was so cool. There had to be more cool places, and Bay wanted to see them all. He wanted to experience them all. There's so much to see, so much to explore, so many things to live... what a beautiful life.

She mentioned her mother, which would make Haydée a second generation leader. Even more in awe of the girl whose side he stands beside, Bay continued to take everything in. "Will you take me there? Can we see it?" Gaze full of childlike wonder, the golden boy can't help it.

Bay

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

08-29-2023, 01:40 PM
As Bay marvels at everything around him, the girl quietly watches him with a steady, kind, appraising gaze. Haydée’s first and foremost thoughts are for her pack but, as she stands there, watching the pure innocence that is Bay simply enjoying life around him, the girl suddenly knows that she cannot let him slip back out of her life. The boy’s blue gaze turns to her and the warm smile that is on her lips grows in brilliance as he excitedly talks about the dens that lay behind the falls. Tail slowly wags behind her as a jubilant laugh bubbles out as the picture of excitement stands beside her.

So, Bay will take a den behind the falls and, if she has anything to say about it, he will live out his long, happy life within the borders of her pack. Dipping her head in acknowledgement, she cheerfully says, “Of course! Would you like to pick out some furs to sleep on and grab a hot meal before I show you the dens? Or would like to pick one out first and then we get the other things?” The boy with wonder printed into every line of his body has captured her heart and absconded with it and the girl is happy that he has. No matter what, she will not let him leave… if he doesn’t have to.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. children in the dark Lazuli Falls 07:30 PM, 08-21-2023 06:45 AM, 02-06-2024