Expert Intellectual (210)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

By the skin of my teethSnake EyesVengeanceMammoth HunterHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave
08-24-2023, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2023, 12:48 PM by Dunkan. Edited 3 times in total.)

His travels were many, many. Many as he had been a nomad for the past few years now, and even though he was doing great there was something he was needing. Something missing in his life, and that was the sense of purpose, of usefulness. He wanted to be who he used to be many years ago. From a settled and hardworking pack wolf, he had become a nomadic shadow of who he was.

He found himself on the east of Boreas. Where he was looking for a place to pass the night, his two loyal companions weren't far. At least he had company. As he went, he smelled a pack scent nearby. It smelled familiar and slowly he approached but not crossing he was just investigating. The smell was from someone he met centuries ago. "Asla?" He asked himself. His eyes were calm and his posture confident, but deep inside his heart he was feeling a hint fo excitement.

speech

He has a male Jaguar Named Urasa and a female red tailed hawk named Kaira ,They are always around him unless told otherwise
He wears a lion skull with mane and claw bracers.

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
08-24-2023, 09:11 AM

As always, Aslatiel patrolled. Even though she was now alpha of Valta, she still did the same work that she'd done prior and she liked it that way. Just because her rank had change didn't mean that she could sit on her tail and leave the others to do all the work. That just wasn't in her character. So... she walked.

While patrolling, a familiar scent tickled her liver-colored nares and she adjusted her course to follow it. Around one curve of the rapids she went until she reached a stepping stone pathway that let her hop across to the other side. Once there, she moved towards the border.

Surprise met the blonde fae's scarred face as a large earthen form met her eyes. "Well, well... if it isn't my old friend, Dunkan." With a soft chuckle, Asla padded over the border and immediately gave the man a hug whether he liked it or not.

"Speech"
[Image: qnvtMu8.png?1]

Dunkan

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

By the skin of my teethSnake EyesVengeanceMammoth HunterHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave
08-24-2023, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2023, 12:52 PM by Dunkan. Edited 2 times in total.)

He wondered if Asla might be here. He hasn't seen his old friend in years, so he had no idea what could have been of her life all this time, and he wondered why she was here and not back in the Armada. Yeah, he hasn't seen her since he left to join Resin in the Hallows. So much to catch up on, so much to tell and share. Yet he wasn't the type of wolf to ask others about their lives when he normally waited for them to do so first. He was a nice guy, but not a bold one.

For once, though, he went on his way; he didn't want to bother his friend; should she actually be living here? But as he went to turn on to have his leave, a voice stopped him right in his tracks.

His heart almost skipped a beat as he turned his head back to where he had to assume the packlands were. And there he saw her, the golden friend of his. Who didn't waste time and went into embracing him. Years passed since the last time he had ever gotten this close to another wolf, and that made him socially awkward, but he slowly returned the hug as he attempted to place his head over hers, wanting to hold her close.

He didn't smile, for he wasn't a very expressive wolf, but he showed his appreciation in other forms. "Long time not see indeed." He said it calmly but with a tinny hint of playfulness. "How have you been?" He really wasn't expecting to find her here, of all places.

speech

He has a male Jaguar Named Urasa and a female red tailed hawk named Kaira ,They are always around him unless told otherwise

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

08-24-2023, 10:07 AM

Dunkan returned her embrace, which was surprising to the blonde woman. He'd never been the affectionate type. She found herself wondering if he was lonely. Surely he had to be if he was being uncharacteristically emotional like this. He even joked with her a bit in his tones and words. It was a different side of him that most got to see.

Pulling back so that she could look up at him, Asla smiled, the scarred side of her face crinkling with the action. "How have you been, Dunkan? What have you been up to?" Asla motioned her friend to come over the border with her and into Valta territory. He was very much welcome there as her guest and one of her oldest friends.

"Speech"

Dunkan

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

08-24-2023, 10:57 AM

Dunakn pulled away as well, finding his eyes lingering on her scars, many of them adorning her face. That sent a chill down his spine, one containing rage. Yet he ate it up, this wasnt the moment to be angry. He was here to speak to his oldest friend. One he always had a soft spot for, one of teh few, if not the only one, who had such a thing.  Eyes of blue calmly looked at her as she spoke.

He took his time to think about what to say. "I had been good, just traveling across Boreas. I had adopted the nomadic life, but I had been looking for a pack to join. But none I had inquired into had been suitable or fitting for what I am looking for." He didnt mention he had been lonely for far too long, and was seeking company. Yet his pride stopped him from being honest. "I want to be of use again." He then picked her up, motioning for him to follow, even to do so into her pack. He hesitated at first but slowly followed her up into the pack. It felt weird for him to technically trespass on territory that wasn't his yet. "And you? How have you been?" It seemed the lonely life had softened him, at least for a tiny bit.

"Dunkan Sarcova"

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

09-03-2023, 07:22 PM

Asla listened to Dunkan as he spoke. She didn't notice the look that he gave her scarred face. She was used to being looked at and it didn't bother her in the slightest. Asla had earned those scars while protecting her pack as Reaper. That was a time that the blonde fae didn't wish to think of, so she didn't.

"Useful?" One brow arched in disbelief. "Any pack that turned you down has no idea what they're doing." She knew that Dunkan was a fine fighter. They'd fought together in the past. "If you're looking for a home, Dunkan, I'd be glad to offer you one in Valta. There are a few faces here that you may recognize." She led the brown brute over the rapids via one of the newly crafted bridges. "I could use more wolves that I can trust. Someone to keep the new recruits in line." Purple eyes cut to the side, watching the brutes face. "What do you say?"

"Speech"

Dunkan

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

09-08-2023, 06:42 PM

The male removed his eyes from her scars as his ears perked up. He was paying close attention to his friend's following words. His eyes were calm as she spoke, he could see her disbelief to know he perhaps had been struggling to find a suitable pack for him to settle into. "It is fine, at least that allowed me to find you." Find you after these many years.

Dunkan took his time to process her invitation to join her pack. But knowing her, and she being his only childhood friend he didn't have to think for too long to have his mind made up. "Then, it would be my pleasure to help you here, Asla, my strength it's now yours and Valta's." He said as he bowed his head a bit in respect.

speech

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

09-10-2023, 05:03 PM

It didn't take long for Dunkan to agree to join Valta. Surprisingly, it put Aslatiel at ease. It was nice to have friends around. Now that Dunkan was here, all of her old friends were around her once more. There was Indigo, Mojito and now Dunkan. This was how it was supposed to be and the blonde fae was comforted by his presence.

Leaning over, Asla nudged his shoulder with her own. "Welcome to Valta, but you don't have to be so formal. I'm alpha, but it's still just me." The woman led him into the territory and to the common area. She showed him the food stores and the den where he could collect furs and other items. She then showed him to the spare dens. "You can use one of these for as long as you'd like or the pack can help you set up your own wherever you wish."

Now that the tour was over, Asla hugged Dunkan once more, forelegs wrapped around his neck. "It really is good to have you here."

"Speech"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Old friends Monument Rapids 08:57 AM, 08-24-2023 11:13 PM, 04-29-2024