size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Pride - PansexualPride - Demisexual
08-25-2023, 10:54 AM

Emile's mind was a whirling mess, it'd had been quite some time since his visit with Pontifex and since then the purple man had refused to leave his thoughts. Even still it took until now for him to build up his courage enough to well and truly do what he'd known he needed to do since then. Not that he was feeling good about it. Emile tried to keep the image of Pontifex clear in his mind as he moved from his room, it was about the only thing that kept him from darting from shadow to shadow as he might otherwise feel inclined to. He'd walk himself to the courtyard and then- Emile paused... He hesitated. He wasn't sure he'd ever actually called for anyone before but he was also pretty damn sure that if he was forced to seek out Artorias he'd lose his nerve the moment he crossed anyone else so this had to be it.

Emile's howl did not stutter even if his tone was unsure. He tired his best to ignore any eyes that may have turned his way and stop himself from ducking his head to hide his scar as he usually did. He would be strong enough today not to... Wouldn't he?

"Speech"
Art by Faudenneat27
[Image: 6UZMUzp.png]

Art by Sigath

Warning: Emile's threads may be potentially triggering as he is suffering from extreme mental duress, his threads may include themes of suicidal ideation and physical and emotional self harm. Please take care of yourself and thread at your own discretion.
Emile has a ring of jagged scars around his right eye from the events of the ooze, most of his art do not show this. His profile has been updated to reflect this.

Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
08-25-2023, 02:55 PM

The call of Emile was not a sound the Aegis was used to responding to, but it was one he was glad to hear all the same. The Adravendi man had been a bit of a recluse since his father left the Hallows, so hearing that he was out and about within the pack did Artorias’ heart some good. Abandoning the work he was focused on, the sapphire and obsidian dire wolf made his way out to the courtyard. Emile’s lighter-colored form stood out easily against the lush spring plants, and Art approached with a smile on his face. "Emile," he greeted the wolf who had grown up with him in the Hallows, maneuvering to sit at the other male’s side so they could speak freely. "Is there something I can do for you, my friend?" Despite Emile’s tone of uncertainty and his shyness around his scar, Artorias did not treat Emile any differently than he would any of his other friends. He tilted his head while looking to Emile, waiting for him to enlighten him to what he needed from the Carpathian male.

"Artorias" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Emile

Loner

Advanced Intellectual (60)

Advanced Healer (60)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Pride - PansexualPride - Demisexual
09-13-2023, 10:25 PM

Emile almost did lose his nerve when he spotted Artorias approaching him but he forced himself to remain, screwing his eyes closed for a moment and swallowing the lump rising in his throat. If he went back now he'd spend another several months having to come up with the courage to try again. He nodded in response to the blue man's greeting and did in fact find himself relaxing somewhat as Artorias moved off to his side. Not having to speak face to face certainly helped. He took a deep breath, ordering his thoughts to try and get through his words as best he could.

"Th-th-there's someonnnnnnne I met." Cliche maybe but honestly he wasn't interested in beating around the bush. "He innnnnnnvited me to vi...isit him a wwwwwwwhile ago." Despite himself he couldn't help but smile warmly as he remembered his visit to the purple man's abode. "I felt com-m-mfortable for the first time innnnnn....." he trailed off. It wasn't a slight against Artorias in any way, nearly everyone had always treated him well but he'd been stuck in a dark place for so long and Pontifex had made him feel like he wasn't putting a burden on him. Logically he knew others didn't think of him the way he assumed but there was too much history here for him, one too many wolves he'd hurt with his carelessness... He almost felt guilty about the whole thing, his father had helped to lead them down here to Auster and after years of fearing going back up north  it was the only place that had felt like it could ever feel like home again, something he hadn't felt since his puphood before he'd fucked up his closest friendship and his family had shattered.

"I'd like to gggggg... get permissionnnnn to leave The Hallows." There it was. "Nnnnnot right away, I-I-I-I'd like to prepare annnd a channnnce to say m....my goodbyes." His sister was owed that, deserved it. Through it all she'd been there and he wasn't going to simply disappear from her life... Maybe Bowen too... At the very least she deserved an apology before he went.

"Speech"
Art by Faudenneat27
[Image: 6UZMUzp.png]

Art by Sigath

Warning: Emile's threads may be potentially triggering as he is suffering from extreme mental duress, his threads may include themes of suicidal ideation and physical and emotional self harm. Please take care of yourself and thread at your own discretion.
Emile has a ring of jagged scars around his right eye from the events of the ooze, most of his art do not show this. His profile has been updated to reflect this.

Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
09-14-2023, 01:44 AM

Artorias did not rush Emile or pressure him to answer as the Adravendi man gathered himself to speak his mind. He had grown up with Emile, knew about his struggles from conversations with Ulric, Ezra, and Bowen. Emile could take all the time he needed to say what he needed to say. And speak he did, but when he did, it was to give the Aegis news that surprised and delighted him, but also made him realized exactly what this conversation was going to be. Emile had met someone, a man who brought him comfort and joy. Artorias listened to Emile speak with a little smile on his face, feeling like a proud brother listen to a sibling tell him of a grand achievement—and in a way, that's what they were. All the Hallows wolves born in that first wave of litters had been raised and grown up together. In many facets, Emile and all of his kin were like Art's family too. He couldn't help but feel proud and happy that Emile had someone in his life that made him smile the way he was smiling right now, and he did not perceive it as a slight in the least.

It did mean he knew what the next part of this conversation was going to be though. After a few long moments, Emile finally said the words Artorias knew were coming. He wished to leave the Hallows to be with his boyfriend. He qualified his request with a time window; he would not leave right away, he would take some time to make his preparations and say his goodbyes. Artorias looked back over to Emile at his side with gentle and warm eyes, leaning closer to give the smaller male a friendly nudge with his shoulder. "It doesn't have to be goodbye, y'know. The Hallows will always be your home, and you're always welcome back any time. I've told this to your brothers and sisters when they went off on their own adventures too. You can come home whenever, the doors are always open to you—and to this man who's made you so happy." Artorias smile widened despite the ache in his heart to know he was losing another wolf he considered family.

The Aegis sighed, but nodded his head and looked back out over the flowering gardens. "I'm so happy for you, Emile. I'm happy that you're finding what you want, and I hope that you and your man have a lifetime of happiness together. I hope you'll bring him around for a visit one day, maybe when Ezra or Lillith come back. But for now, you have my blessing to go pursue your happiness wherever it may take you. Take as much time as you need, and then go be fantastic." He glanced to Emile again and offered his friend a bit of a lopsided smile. Even if Emile didn't always believe in himself, Artorias did, and he knew Emile would be capable of great things in his own time with the right wolves in his life.

"Artorias" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Finally starting to start Amron's Castle 10:54 AM, 08-25-2023 06:51 AM, 11-07-2023