gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
NachoMumma

Critical Attack!Island HopperWinnerUnderachieverOverachieverStudent
Double MasterCritical Observation!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
09-05-2023, 09:44 PM

Deluge knew she was pushing her luck coming this close to Armada after what had gone down in the battlefield, but she wanted to make it obvious she didn't really care. The still pink skin on her foreleg was healing up quite nicely thanks to some goop Sakana had insisted on coating it with and if it was going to leave a scar (she kinda hoped it would), it was only going to be a small one (a shame, her boyfriend's dad had stabbed her, she ought to have something to show for it, right?)

The cold of the wintery water almost stole her breath away at first, but her steady paddling had kept her heart thrumming healthily in her veins as she made for the distant, rocky shore. She wasn't quite sure how she was going to make it up onto the island, hadn't thought that far ahead yet, but planning was for pussies. She'd burn that bridge when she got to it.

Hauling herself up onto the slick stones was the easy bit, it seemed there were some goat tracks worn into the cliffs, but they were a bit too precarious for her dire height, She would just have to work her way around, the incline looked a little less steep over that way.

“Speech”

Due to distance kept from her Raider kin and her regular travelling taking her out of pack lands, Deluge smells and acts like a loner. The only noticeable scent other than her own is Dread who may join any of her threads at any time.

Charlton

Armada
Warrior

Expert Fighter (175)

Advanced Intellectual (105)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
09-05-2023, 10:08 PM

Charlton had noticed the island one day on the beach and, the more he patrolled upon the sands, the more he found his gaze drawn toward it. The island seemed often shrouded in mist, sometimes making him wonder if it was real at all. Silveris was the one to confirm that it was, and after alerting his companions of his plans to make it there, he would plan for the trip. Silveris would come with him, eyes from above to find any small sand bars and such that the yearling could take a break on as he made his way to the isle. It wasn’t the best idea to make the trip in winter, even for the yearling that had known the northern temperatures for much of his life. The smell of salt and the chill of the water invaded his senses. It took a little longer than he had thought to get there, but in time he made for the rocky shore.

It would be a climb and then a descent to get to the heart of the island. Silveris had landed upon her companion’s back as Charlie hauled himself out of the water and shook himself off. The stones were slick, but being mindful of that helped him with testing his placement. Not the easiest task for someone as large as he was. He was left panting and dripping after he did so, gaze turning up to the cliffs as his ears perked forward. There was a sort of path up this way. Well “path” in the sense that some of the rocks weren’t as high as others and would make easier climbing points. But before he could begin climbing Silveris gave an alert call and took to the air again.

Charlie’s head would turn and catch sight of the woman approaching him. She wasn’t familiar, so she definitely wasn’t from the Armada. But Silveris’ was what had him a bit more guarded. The bird didn’t seem to like the fact that he was on the island, away from the aid of the pack. It was one thing to be in another land where the pack could reach him, but it would take time for Silveris to get aid. He didn’t want to think he might be in danger, but Charlie also knew to take a healthy bit of caution with every greeting. He would watch her approach, waiting, attempting to read her body language before calling out.

“The incline looks doable down this way. Are you heading toward the center, miss?” The waves crashed behind him. Would she even hear him over the water? Or would his words be a garbled mess in their wake?

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Deluge

Raiders Hollow
The Nightmare

Master Fighter (290)

Master Navigator (400)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
NachoMumma

Double MasterCritical Observation!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
09-05-2023, 10:47 PM

She had been so focused on where she was placing her paws that the voice calling out to her was the first indication anyone else was out her. She lifted her antlered head in greeting, her two birds dipping between coastal air currents overhead, neither raising any alarm, so she allowed her shortened tail to wave at her back in greeting, eyes squinting against the salt spray and the sun. “If I can find a way in, I'm jus' pokin' around. I haven' been out this way before.” She responded honestly, an easy smile on her face. She hadn't had many run ins with the other Armada kids outside of their birthday party and the recent raid, she didn't remember seeing this one at the latter, but she didn't imagine Dread being kicked out had been kept secret either and his scent was probably the thickest on her coat under the salt water from her swim. Eh, what was he gonna do? Stab her like his dad did? She was tougher than that.

Deluge had a couple of bottles of alcohol slung across her back, wrapped around her middle with a vine, they clinked against her hip as she walked. While she remembered they weren't the drinking sorts, it would be rude to not offer right? “I reckon the view from th' top o' th' cliffs'd look better with a drink, wanna check it out?”

“Speech”

Due to distance kept from her Raider kin and her regular travelling taking her out of pack lands, Deluge smells and acts like a loner. The only noticeable scent other than her own is Dread who may join any of her threads at any time.

Charlton

Armada
Warrior

Expert Fighter (175)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
09-06-2023, 12:00 AM

The girl came closer, and as she did so Charlie was able to pick up the scent of another pack on her coat. Unlike his father, who had dealt with their enemies, or Dread who had gone to other packs, Charlie knew only the scent of the Armada and Hallows by name. But as she drew closer Charlie picked up on a scent on her coat that had him freeze. His expression fell and Silveris would call angrily above him. Why was Dread’s scent on her coat? Who was this wolf? Was she the reason his brother wasn’t around? Why his father seemed to bear a new weight on his shoulders? What the hell had happened? He hadn’t asked Sirius, but he had caught sight of his father returning. He fought with his nature to be polite but guarded… and get some answers. Charlie drew a breath, looking to his companion.

“Enough, Silveris. Return to the Armada. We won’t be able to talk with your protests.” He prayed the bird would understand his meaning. She hesitated for a moment, but she would turn back the way they had come, leaving Charlie with the other wolf alone. “I came this way to check the island out. Would be a bit of a waste if I didn’t make the effort now.” Her accent was different. Thick. He hadn’t caught her meaning nor offer of the drink to him. He would turn, starting to clamber up the stones. He could feel his stomach churn, wondering if it was worth it to poke a sensitive subject. Would his father fault him if she turned out to be an enemy for not chasing her off?

“I don’t believe we’ve met, though it seems you know my brother.” He sighed. Keeping this up was… hard. No, it was better to get to the point. He’d make his way a bit further and look back at her. “Look... I... ...Our father returned to the Armada with the look that something deeply troubled him… and I’m smart enough to know Dread has been around you, given how his scent clings to your coat. Who are you? What are you to Dread?” His ears fell. His body language was not hostile, but rather betrayed a mix of emotions; the strongest being uncertainty. “...and... what is your standing with the Armada?” A lot of questions at once, but he needed answers. He’d rather not have to fight this woman to get them, but she hadn’t proved hostile toward him… and even if she was an enemy, it made more sense to the yearling to fight only to defend himself, rather than provoke one.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Deluge

Raiders Hollow
The Nightmare

Master Fighter (290)

Master Navigator (400)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
NachoMumma

09-06-2023, 12:35 AM

When the other wolf ordered his bird back to Armada, Deluge rolled her eyes. These wolves and their birds, always stickin' their beaks in. If she had to guess, she would expect that back up would arrive shortly, so she rolled her shoulders to get on with the climb. She didn't want to be contending with cold, wet rocks if it came to a fight.

She allowed him to get his words out in the open and responded with a half a smile that didn't quite reach her wary eyes. It wasn't really her place to tell it, but she also wasn't in the business of decieving others for fun. “Yer talk a lot more'n 'e does,” she offered as confirmation that, yes, she did know Dread. “I'm Deluge, daughter o' th' Raid King of Raider's Hollow, Nightmare, by title,” there was a put on grandiose tone that didn't match the casual stance she held or the rolling of her eyes at the offering of titles. That took care of who she was and what her relationship to Armada was, in a political sense. If she had her way, it wouldn't remain that way for long. “Fer now, anyway, I plan on startin' a band soon.” No point keeping it a secret, word got around quickly anyway.

“Dread is a very dear friend, I like him, a lot, an' yer da' doesn't like that. Mine doesn' either, but 'e doesn' interfere unless 'e 'as ter.” She offered a shrug, moving to jump up the next boulder on their climb to the clifftop. “I challenged Dread ter a fight, I won our last two, so I said I'd take 'im prisoner if 'e lost again, yer dad stabbed me fer it,” She lifted her leg to show the pink skin yet to fully heal to back up her story. Her tone was very conversational, clearly she didn't take it as seriously as others might. “I wouldn'a made 'im stay if 'e didn't wan'ter, but 'e looked like 'e could use a break, y'know?” He'd said Dread was his brother, surely his kin had noticed the dark cloud that seemed to hang over his head. “They kicked off, things were said I shouldn'a heard an' so I won' be repeatin' em, they're not my story ter tell, y'understand?” She hoped he'd understand. “If yer wan'ter ask 'im yerself, yer welcome ter come'ter th' Hollow, I'll guarantee yer safety m'self.” It was the least she could do, right?

Finally it looked like they were almost at the top, the tips of trees rising up just a few short jumps ahead.

“Speech”

Charlton

Armada
Warrior

Expert Fighter (175)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
09-06-2023, 12:59 AM

She spoke, telling him that he talked more than Dread did. That was true. He had a tendency to let his thoughts run alongside his emotions. She introduced herself as Deluge, the daughter of… ah… Charlie’s expression faltered more then. Still, he gave a small nod to the information. “Deluge… I am Charlton Fatalis. Pretty obvious who my dad is since you know my brother.” He let his gaze shift to the rocks. He felt a knot in his stomach, uncertainty rising within. Still, he listened to her speak. A story had more than one side, didn’t it? Even if the raiders were their enemies, he wanted to know what was going on. Why he felt his gut twist as it was… Charlie would move slowly after Deluge, letting his blue gaze flick back to her. The information she gave about Dread, and the fact his father had injured her. His ears fell further.

“I’ll be honest with you, I don’t have all the details. I know the Armada and the Raiders, well, the pack you guys once were, are enemies. Still are? I doubt that helped things.” He averted his gaze. “...my father has always tried to build us up. Even when he was hurting, he offered what support he could. He’s not perfect, and no wolf is.” The loyalty to Sirius was clear in his voice. “I’m not saying that stabbing you was the right action. But I know my dad would fight for any of us to keep us safe. He’d give his life for ours.” Charlie stopped and lifted his gaze back to Deluge.

“I appreciate the offer, but I’m going to politely decline.” He drew in a breath. He needed to head home. He needed to get his head straight and talk to his dad. He could feel his heart pull in his chest. “...If Dread has chosen to stay with you, I can only hope that decision makes him happy.” A pang in his chest. He had always believed that his family would stay together. Had that hope been a lie? A shattered dream since the death of their mother? They were already down one… and now Dread. Charlie turned.

“It may be better for you to make the rest of the climb yourself. From what I could make out from Silveris’ speech, there is a forest beyond the rock before you reach the volcano.” Though he spoke, he felt like it was hard to move. Should he be angry? Sad? The emotions were mixed up in his head. His father would have reacted to protect Dread, right? Couldn’t his brother see that? But it wasn’t like Charlie knew what it was like to know someone outside the pack either. He took a step the way he had come. Would she keep climbing? Or would she call to him as he walked away?

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Deluge

Raiders Hollow
The Nightmare

Master Fighter (290)

Master Navigator (400)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
NachoMumma

09-06-2023, 01:10 AM

There was clearly a lot going on that Deluge wasn't privy to, and it wasn't her place to poke at old wounds, but it seemed a shame to let the guy leave when they were so close to the top. “It wasn' 'is whole family 'e turned away from, jus' the one tellin' 'im ter leave 'is name at th' border.” It wasn't her bridge to burn, but she didn't want to make it look like Dread was just following his dick away from home either. When he passed on what his bird had see, she looked pained.

“S' a shame ter leave when we're so close ter th' top,” She kept looking back at her almost agemate. “I'll make th' same deal I did with yer brother if yer prefer, we can forget where we're from jus' fer th' rest o' th' climb,” She tipped her nose towards the tree tops. “None o' the deershit politics, jus two kids out fer a stroll.” It was a big ask, and this one seemed more in touch with his emotions than Dread was. “Wouldn' yer rather see fer yerself?”

“Speech”

Charlton

Armada
Warrior

Expert Fighter (175)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
09-06-2023, 01:25 AM

The information Deluge shared next did not help his feelings. The fact that their father told Dread to leave his name… Did Sirius consider his brother a traitor? Dread had been training to be a diplomat. There were more questions than answers at his paws. Yet, Charlie hesitated. He had always been one to want to see things with his own eyes. Was there some sort of worry about what might happen if he walked along with her? No, he realized. He was sure if Deluge meant harm she would not be as open about what had happened as she was now. There was information he was missing. He sighed again but then turned. The top of the rocks was just a few more hops up.

“I would rather avoid more conflict between our packs, Deluge… Or between the band you will lead. I’m not afraid to fight for the Armada, but not all problems need to be solved by spilling blood...” He would hesitate for a moment, but he’d turn back toward the rocks, making his way up. His brow was furrowed. He could see the trees, smell the pine and strange scents of the creatures below. He drew in a breath, managing a halfhearted smile as he glanced at her. “...Just two kids on a stroll.” Charlie agreed. He wasn’t sure if this was the best idea, but if he hesitated walking away, then there was a part of him that still wanted to move forward.

He would reach the top and peer down, a whistle leaving his lips as he looked at the trees. “A sea of trees… Never thought I’d see foliage from this angle before...” There was enough of a “smooth” area on the rock he was on to sit. It wasn’t perfectly comfortable, but he looked on across the island, toward the volcano in the center. “When I was younger, I wanted to see the world. There are so many beautiful things around us, things that others walk by every day and take no notice of. But… if they took the time to observe, not just look, they would start to notice so many layers to the things around us. There is always more than what we think there is.”

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Deluge

Raiders Hollow
The Nightmare

Master Fighter (290)

Master Navigator (400)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
NachoMumma

09-06-2023, 01:42 AM

Deluge could only shrug and offer a chuckle when Chalton mentioned he would rather avoid conflict, “Ah, life'd be pretty borin' if eveyone got along all th' time an' raidin' can be fun if people aren't tryna take chunks off each other, but I think fresh starts deserve a clean slate, don' you? An' what's a fresher start than a new generation?” She tipped her head, her smiling growing easier as he joined her back on the path to the summit. When he agreed to her terms, all titles and baggage was dropped, her tail waving welcomingly at her back as they continued their ascent.

As her head came over the crest, her breath caught in her throat and a smile split her face. “Sure is somethin' huh?” She bumped her shoulder against Charlton's companionably, her gaze zeroing in on the volcano, an ear tipping towards the earthen hued boy. “We aren' tha' different. I wanna start a band so we don' have ter be stuck in one place. There's too much world out there.” Her feline claws scratched slightly at the rock beneath her paws as she flexed her toes to try and relive some of the itching in them. It was worth the swim.

“Do yer reckon it gathers up rainwater like a big ol' shell?” She questioned, tipping her nose towards the towering summit, perhaps a bit too far to explore today, but maybe worth coming back for.

Charlton

Armada
Warrior

Expert Fighter (175)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
09-06-2023, 10:42 PM

As Deluge answered him Charlie signed. "That's why I don't like the idea of it. Not everyone will get along, but it seems like there is always someone who takes it too far, regardless of the side. I don't mind fighting, it can be fun and challenging sometimes. One of my favorite moments in my life right now is taking down a polar bear with my sister. I just… I want my loved ones to come home in one piece at the end of it." He wasn't a coward. He'd fight if necessary, and sometimes just to better himself. He could enjoy it, but seeing his packmates or loved ones hurt didn't sit well with him. Still, Charlie mulled over her words and the actions he knew had occurred between Deluge, Dread, and his father.

For the moment he would allow his mind to focus on what was before then. She'd bump his shoulder and the yearling blinked, surprised, but found a small smile slipping onto his lips. "Yeah, it is." Maybe they weren't so different in some ways. She seemed nice enough. Open minded… it made sense why Dread might find her company pleasant. Even as his emotions started to settle, Charlie was finding himself getting comfortable around her too. His guard lowered… he might not have agreed with her methods of trying to get Dread to hang out away from the Armada but… she definitely seemed to care about his brother.

"It might. I don't think it's active, but I'm not sure how that changes how it works." He fell quiet for a moment, brow furrowing in thought. He'd glance back to the Armada, in part to ensure no one was coming after them on the rocks before looking at the girl beside him again. "Deluge… if… if I change my mind… will I be safe at the Raider's Hallow to visit Dread?" He wanted to meet her gaze.

"I'm going to need time to process this, and talk to Dad but… it would only be fair if I come to talk to Dread too. Besides that, if you guys were as evil as others make you sound, we wouldn't be sitting here sharing the sights. I want to see what they are like for myself." His ears lowered. "...and… I'm sorry about my dad stabbing you." His gaze fell. He hadn't been the one to urge the Warlord's actions but his loyalty to the Armada could blind him. It was why he wanted time. In the moment, it was easy to become emotionally reactive. He wanted to talk to Dread with a clear mind and heart.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Deluge

Raiders Hollow
The Nightmare

Master Fighter (290)

Master Navigator (400)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
NachoMumma

09-07-2023, 12:40 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2023, 04:26 AM by Deluge. Edited 1 time in total.)

Deluge allowed her self to look impressed when Charlton mentioned taking on a polar bear. It was no small feat, and those things could get cranky when the seals were scarce, or so she'd heard. They continued to consider the volcano and she kept her companionable grunts and hmms going when he explained that he thought the volcano was dormant. That was probably for the best. She smiled easily, her tail waving at her back as he mentioned that he might come and visit. “As long as I'm there, I'll vouch fer any o' yis tha' want ter visit. If we leave before then though,” She tipped her nose up at the distinctive white and grey bird with the yellow mask across her face and the wobbly bits that rested on either side of her beak, “I'll send tha' cranky thing ter give yer an idea of where we're headin'.” It would be a good chance for the crochety girl to stretch her wings as scream at someone else for a change.

“I'm thinkin' I'll try an' set up some sorta transport or tradin' gig, give us a chance ter get ter know the neighbours.” There was a glint of mischief in her grin, and it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that perhaps not all of their trades would be in the best interest of their customers, or that trading would be all they had in mind. After all, she was born a pirate, and maybe there was just a tinge of indelible villainy in her blood.

When it came to his apology though, she shrugged it off with what could best be described as a 'shit-eating' grin, closed eyes and full of teeth, a snicker leaving her nose as much as from behind her clenched teeth. “Eh, no 'ard feelin's, I'da stabbed me too.” She quipped back, seeing how it probably looked when they'd snuck off to keep shoving each other around after the fighting was done for all the others.

Taking a deep breath of the cliff top air, she allowed her smile to melt away and her sigh to take on a slightly more dramatic edge. “I reckon our time 'ere is comin' ter an end, dear Charlie,” She even managed to look pained at their impending parting, “I must away, lest the ocean swallow me up on m' way back'ter land.” Her tone sung of what a tragedy that might be to the world as a whole, but her grin was carefree despite her forelorn tone. “Until we meet again, ey?” One way or the other, Deluge was going to make her presence known, meeting again was inevitable as far as she was concerned.

“Speech”

Charlton

Armada
Warrior

Expert Fighter (175)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
09-18-2023, 09:10 PM

Deluge had given Charlie hope to see his brother again, even with the bad blood between her current pack and his. He gave a grateful nod. “Thank you, Deluge, truly. I’ll be sure to let the others know before I make the trip, just in case any of them may want to tag along with me. They deserve to be able to talk with Dread too.” She would mention a trade or transport sort of band and Charlie arched a brow, curious. “Depending on how much you guys could get transported, that could potentially be a profitable business.” Though he was kind, he wasn’t quite naive enough to believe that their existence would be solely peaceful. After all, the femme had already mentioned how raiding could be fun. And she wasn’t wrong… there would be nothing to protect if no one stirred up trouble, right? Balance in all things.

Her next comment caused Charlie to chuckle softly. “Oh yeah?” Still, she must have put up a pretty good fight to stand up against his dad. His smile would fade as he focused on the volcano, growing quiet as his thoughts began to creep in. He wanted to trust Deluge, he wanted to trust Dread, but he also wanted to hear his father’s side of things too. And maybe he’d learn about the history between their packs. Still, he hoped that maybe things could be less intense between them moving forward. For the next generation, a slate wiped clean as Deluge put it. Maybe he was too optimistic… but if one didn’t have hope for the future, what did they have?

Deluge’s voice would draw him back out of his thoughts and he’d focus on the femme again. He would dip his head to the other yearling, offering a smile. “Until next time. Keep Dread distracted for me, would you? I’d like to see him with a smile when I come to visit.” Charlie would rise, head turning back in the direction of the Armada. “See you around, Deluge. Try not to get in too much trouble until then, alright?” And with that the yearling began to pick his way back down. He needed to head to the beach, get his thoughts straight and then seek out his dad. Then he’d figure out when he might want to make the trip to see Dread.

-Exit Charlie-

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. You have goat to be kiddin me Atlantis Island 09:44 PM, 09-05-2023 06:16 AM, 11-05-2023