Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
04-03-2014, 07:16 PM
Yeaaaaaah, not really. Sorry! Though they are puppies stolen by Thor (and Baldur and Skoll), which has to count for something. Anywho, these potential puppies are young siblings he'll stumble across while traveling back to his old pack with Baldur and Skoll. I think (Tea, correct me if I'm wrong) that these babies are full siblings to him, but everyone believes them to be half siblings, though that doesn't matter too terribly much since the majority of his siblings are half anyway. If you'd like to learn more about Hroovys, read THIS. Feel free to ask questions too as we have a pretty good unwritten back story as well. Don't let that intimidate you, we wing a lot of it, so you should have no trouble fitting right in! xD

Basically, Thor and co. will be swooping in and causing mischief, and Thor will stumble across his youngest siblings and decide to take them. It'll be done out of spite, but mostly he just doesn't want them to grow up like he did. Him, Baldur, Skoll and (I think, possibly) Loki will raise them, and Thor will be particularly protective of them and try to train them up right. Details to come!

Okay, to the puppies! I myself prefer (and Thor will eventually favor) lighter alignments. Not like the super goody two shoes kind, but the deep down, rough-around-the-edges kind of good guy, if that make sense. That being said, Hroovys run the gamut of alignments so feel free to try out with any personality. All I ask is that you follow the requirements that Tea specified in the thread linked above.

DESIGNS:
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen - Earless Puppy
Fifteen - Skinny Puppy

As these guys are under a year old you'll need to buy a rogue pup pass (400 gems).

As of right now there isn't a date on when this plot will start rolling, but it will be some time in May so you have some time to get your ducks in a row. These pups must be active. If you can't keep them active, don't apply. Be aware that if they fall inactive they might be readopted out.

Fill out this app if you'd like to apply!
CODE
Name:
Personality: (site minimum)
Alignment: ?
Design: (I have some designs for you to choose from if you like, but you are more than welcome to design your own.)
Size:
RP Sample: (200 word count minimum)
Plans:
[Image: 2z9gv88.png]

Dægmar

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
04-05-2014, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2014, 08:58 AM by Dægmar.)
*moved app to main Hroovy board* *snuggles Laz*

Loki 1

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
Tealah
04-06-2014, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2014, 08:19 PM by Loki 1.)
Feels a little weird applying for a Hroovy, but here we go! XD WIP, will do the Personality when I've got her a little better in my head.

Name: Ēostre (called Vilisdottir but... SUPER SECRET HROOVITNISDOTTIR YO)
Personality: Eostre is very shy, finding herself incredibly anxious to the point of feeling ill in social situations. Part of this stems from being extremely sensitive and thin-skinned. She cares far too much about what other people think, and fears rejection and abandonment. She fears making a bad impression, of making people think badly of her or hurting their feelings in any way. Highly empathic as well, she is very in sensitive to the emotions of others - as such she does not do well when situations get emotional. When the conversation gets heated, she's very likely to just break down and cry. She does even worse when that ire is directed at her, and is prone to bouts of intense depression and anxiety when she screws things up.

Eostre would never make a good healer or hunter, since the sight of blood makes her feel faint and could induce a panic attack. The idea of hurting someone or taking a life - even the life of a prey animal - is too much for the sensitive youngster. She's revolted by the idea of tearing into a poor dead rabbit or such. Without someone to remind her to eat, she's much more likely to skip meals because of this, and even then she'd only eat so as to not hurt the person's feelings.

She gets overwhelmed easily, especially when there are a lot of wolves around, and is prone to getting overstimulated when a lot is happening. She always seems to be on the edge of a nervous breakdown. There will be a few people she depends on almost to the edge of obsession, clinging to them like a rock in the raging river of her own emotions and fears. She's likely to follow them everywhere if they let her, fearing that if they leave they'll never come back.
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Design: Light blue eyes, white base coat, a gold-auburn from the backs of her ears down to her tail, gold-brown "freckles" under her eyes
user posted image
Size: Large (36 inches)
RP Sample: Eostre peered out from beneath the log, her blue eyes wide in her pale face as she watched the rough, cruel Vilisons dragging in their kill - not to share with the pack, but to eat it themselves and hoard the life-giving meat tauntingly, so that if anyone tried to snatch a mouthful they would have reason to punish them. Eostre's stomach turned at the sight of the mangled fawn, and tears sprang into her eyes. The poor beast, slaughtered so cruelly by the young wolves. Still, her stomach growled loudly, and the skin-and-bones pup would probably have eaten it without complaint at this point if she could. She couldn't remember the last time she'd eaten; Anglea had stopped nursing them some time ago and basically washed her hands of them.

To think these horrible wolves were actually supposed to be her brothers! Murderers, bullies, awful boys all of them. Eostre began to cry in earnest as the boys roughhoused, snarling and snapping at each other and heckling some of the other younger wolves. Tears matted her fur, silent sobs shaking her bony shoulders; she didn't dare make a sound, or she would draw their attention. Were they her brothers after all? Vili hadn't thought so, or that was the impression she got from the angry, hushed conversation between him and her mother not long ago. She didn't fully understand it, but he'd been so mad and said such awful things that it had stuck in her memory.

She didn't care about that right now though. She just curled tighter into a ball, trying to block out the outside world, shaking fretfully.
Plans: To be adorable and gangly and awkward and be adopted by one of her siblings <3

Platinum

gems
size
build
player
04-06-2014, 10:00 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2014, 11:41 AM by Platinum.)
Moved to main Hroovy threaddd *licks Laz* Lunar and I are bad cookies

Silveris

gems
size
build
player
04-09-2014, 03:43 PM
Nevermind.

Thor

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
04-11-2014, 06:33 PM
I've added some designs to my first post!

Jinxx

gems
size
build
player
04-12-2014, 01:12 AM
Name: Gunnar (Not sure what the last name is supposed to be)
Alignment: Neutral (Will develop ICly)
Design: #6
Size: 35"
Plans: He'll want to train under Thor to become a warrior in the hopes of becoming one of the best warriors in the land. He'll stick close to him like a shadow, unless he is out exploring and getting into a little trouble.

-wip-

Aldoro

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
04-13-2014, 10:09 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2014, 10:09 PM by Aldoro.)
wip))

Name: Zadok Vilisdottir
Personality: This masculine boy is strictly determined to make his trainers proud. To make sure he proves to them that he can be powerful and strong, and that no one can shove past him without a fight. This being, Zadok would never deny a request to spar. And if he ever joined a pack, if he wanted a certain rank, he'd fight for it without any doubts whatsoever. Unless, of course, it was a battle for death. He is very confident about himself and what he will grow to be...a great warrior or guardian. Something he can look up to be. The boy thinks and believes he is powerful despite training and was born to be a great leader. But even if he believes it-...it doesn't mean he doesn't appreciate training. Zadok also respects his trainers and masters greatly and can be very protective to those he loves and looks up to.
Alignment:
Design: #3
Size:
Plans:

Kyda

gems
size
build
player
04-14-2014, 04:09 PM
Has a player for Hodr been found? IF I find a way to successfully get more net time I might apply for him. It's a big if though.

Sucre I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
04-14-2014, 04:47 PM
Nope, no takers yet. Though for him you'll need to apply in Tea's thread. This one's only for the kidnappable puppies.

Kyda

gems
size
build
player
04-14-2014, 11:54 PM
Okies then. x3

Baldur

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
04-15-2014, 08:55 AM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2014, 08:56 AM by Baldur.)
Hello! I noticed there's some confusion with the last names so I thought I'd give a quick run down. The last names have -dottir added on the end for girls and -son for boys.

Hr??vitnisson - son of Hroovitnir (sorry I get lazy on the accents xD)
Hr??vitnidottir - daughter of Hroovitnir

Vilison - son of Vili
Vilidottir - daughter of Vili

Any last name you want - a captive female (males would've been slain) Thor and crew are basically rescuing anyone that wants to go back with them. Though the pups will probably be taken whether they want to go or not xD

The pups with the last name Vili-etc. are from a secret litter. Vili thinks they're his but they're actually his brother Hroovitnir's. Hroovitnir's also the sire of the Hroovy's you've seen prowling around Ala.

If you want to try for a regular Hroovy pup check out Tea's thread HERE It seems like a lot but it's pretty easy to pick up.

Madieke

gems
size
build
player
04-21-2014, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2014, 09:32 AM by Madieke.)

Name: Arnporr Hroovitnidottir
Name Meaning: Linkie
Personality:
Arnporr is often silent upon first meeting her but that doesn't mean she shies away. No she is always there with her siblings, encouraging them and protecting them the best she can. If that means taking the beating for someone else, she'll do it. She might not seem afraid but she is, afraid her brothers and sisters will die and there is nothing she can do about it, death upon others frightens her. If she could take the place of someone dying to save them, she'd do it. Yes she'll have minor regrets on not accomplishing things in life. But for the better cause of keeping her family alive, she'd do it.
Arnporr is always doing what she can to help, she knows what its like to be alone and have no one there in your need. She doesn't want anyone to go through that. Though that doesn't mean she isn't jealous when others help someone else as she watches. She is jealous of many things. The close bonds between others, the feeling of security others might feel, the self confidence others hold. Arnporr does not think she is pretty or even the least bit average. With her scars and cuts and bruises she feels that even rocks look better than her. She shies away from complements, often changing the topic or walking away. Because of this negative turmoil inside her, she gives herself up for the cost of others and tries to remain busy.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Design: #5
Size: small
RP Sample: On and on they walked, her gaze on everyone infront of her. She made it known she would be last to follow to make sure no one lagged behind. Even if these so called brothers said they wouldn't let that happen she couldn't trust them. Too many adults had done her wrong, proven they could not be trusted. Her paws ached, her body was bruised and beaten, ribs showing. But her life glowed brightly in her eyes. She was a fighter, not given in to the life she had endured. No, she just had to put one paw infront of the other and keep everyone in her sight. Pain she knew too well of, the pain of loneliness, of hunger not so dull she never felt it, the pain struck upon her blocked out as she stood there. But this pain she felt now was new. She couldn't place it. But every step she took into the unknown it grew worse. Could it be that she would miss the only home she had ever known? The very thought of it stopped her in her tracks to look back over her shoulder. Eyes gaze back the way home was. Yes, she would miss the only place she had ever known. But was this worth it, leaving behind the suffering and despair? Yes, she could not risk loosing her siblings to a fate unknown. Who would protect them? She couldn't if she had stayed.
Glance back at the males that lead their odd group she could only wonder there intentions."Where are we going?" Her voice would sound for the first time among them. She rushed forwards to block the other pup's path till she got an answer. Were they walking into another set of paws waiting to beat them too? Her head lowered, tail lifted over her back and ears pinned down. She wanted answers."We will go no farther till I know everything! She demanded it, needed it. She shook with her need, she desire to know.
Plans: stick around Tyr, Thor, and Baldy ^^ and Angel

Dægmar

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
04-27-2014, 09:07 AM
*huggles Laz* Do to gem issues Den and I are going to make our pups yearlings and move the applications to the main Hroovy thread. They'll be brought back with the others but since they aren't directly involved in this plot they don't really count.

So... finish your apps folks we've only one completed app. :3 *hugs Laz again*

Ashtoreth

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-29-2014, 04:08 AM
oh boy, look who's going to try for a pup like a crazy person when she has enough chars already xP

Name: Bera (I'll take whatever last name you would like to give her)
Personality: Bera is something of a tough cookie, or at least she likes to think she is. It is her tendency to project an image of self-sufficiency regardless of whether it be true or not, and in her stubbornness to prove her strength, her skill, her smarts, she will turn away assistance even if it means putting herself in an even tougher situation than before. Despite it, she knows when to set aside pride, apologize, and see if the help offered to her is still available. In that way, while she can sometimes be prideful, it is neatly balanced by her natural humility, and while she does not always take her own advice on receiving help she will be the first to offer it.

She is a helper by nature, something like a "big sister" who watches out for those around her whether they be younger or not. Bera enjoys it, even more so when she is capable of making a difference in someone's life, however that may be. The girl always has an ear - or what is left of one - ready to listen and is not against righting a few wrongs by her own paw if she deems it necessary. Of course, she cares about the opinions of those she considers both family and friend, so their wishes would come into consideration first.

Being born into a family of strong warriors, Bera wants nothing more than to join their ranks. She does not care that she was born female and therefore deemed weaker or inferior; she knows herself, her strengths, what she is capable of doing if she sets her mind to it. If only she had been born a male she knows she would have fit it nicely. Still, she strives to prove herself not only to her family, whose ideals war with the path she wishes to take, but also to herself. If she can be strong and accomplish this then there's nothing stopping her from doing anything and everything else out there.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Design: Fourteen - earless pup
Size: Large - 35 inches
RP Sample: The little pup, round and fuzzy and a mixture of warm, chocolate shades, meandered about aimlessly the woods beside her family's densite. She was free to come and go as she pleased, a distinctive advantage she had learned of that stemmed from the fact she was female, and while at times the freedom was a convenience she was still envious of her male relatives. They got to train under their superiors, the elder warriors of the pack, while she, with her tough little body so ready for the training, could do nothing but watch and train in her own ways. It was considerably more boring and tedious that way - how much could she teach herself after all? - but Bera was a fighter in every sense. She refused to give up.

Her verdant green eyes were set with determination as she continued to march her way through the wood, only stumbling slightly when she caught the scent of something slightly familiar but not immediately recognizable. What had she found? Pressing her dark nose to the ground, tail end failing to follow suit, Bera did her best to track the scent, losing it occasionally but pretending she still had it as she carved a path uninterrupted.

What she found was one of her siblings, the sight of which immediately triggered her need to play. It hardly mattered whether the other pup had spotted her, what they were doing, or if they would have been up for a fun little spar with her; she had every intention of wrestling with them anyway. A smug smile stretching across her roud muzzle Bera finally sunk in to the necessary crouch, her back end giving one good wriggle before she bounded over to them in a wild pounce while screaming her intent through a grin.
Plans: Bera will want to be a warrior lady, which she feels she is ultimately best suited for, and through her lifetime she will train in many different ways to keep herself in tip top shape. As a pup, she will be slightly more round and pudgy, her thick brown fur accentuating this fact so well that somewhere she will earn the nickname "Bearcub." She will resist it at first but eventually come to love it and use it herself. She'll thin out once she hits her awkward teen phase at about 1-yr-old and then fill out to a burly, curvy, capable warrior by the time she's 2-2 1/2-yrs-old. Beyond that is up to her and the influences around her.

Thor

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
04-29-2014, 08:14 PM
I couldn't wait any longer: Tea, Ely and Mouser get their pups! :D

This thread isn't closed; I'm still accepting apps!

Ainsel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
05-13-2014, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2014, 04:58 PM by Ainsel.)
DECIDING LYRICS

DECIDING LYRICS

Name:

Alignment:

Design: Design 12

Size:

Plans:

DECIDING LYRICSYET TO BE DECIDED

Warja

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
05-18-2014, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2014, 01:44 PM by Warja.)
CLOSED. No more apps are being accepted!

Ely: I'm not sure if your pup knows who her true father is or not, that's a question for Tea, but Arnporr's last name is probably Vilidottir since her litter is believed to be his.

Mouser: Same for Bearcub :3 Although I suppose, if they wanted, they could take Uncle Thor's name as their last name...that might be weird though, since they're really siblings xD