gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Arian
04-03-2014, 09:23 AM
We are all hoping for something. Weather it?s love, life, or hoping the next person we kill won?t get us caught. Another day is only a waste of my heart. Because what if there?s someone who isn?t hoping for anything, not the morning, not for the end. Are they just a freak of nature, outside of gods boundary. And we try to hold onto what we believe is right, our morals are what matter most. Strangers are just strangers, even if you get to know them. My hands are covered in blood, but it seems to be my own from my heart bleeding out for help. In the end a curse is a curse, and we all have one. The chains become rusted and unbreakable over time until we bury ourselves too deep in the thoughts. I can?t help myself, so why don?t you fix me? - Archard Follix

It?s been sixty years since the epidemic, being a kid during this time was probably the luckiest thing ever. Though most of us didn?t know what happened back then, and most of our parents forbid us from even touching the history books that told us what went on. The curious ones of course would press on and on, and the teachers would become uneasy whenever asked. It was like not only did a sickness kill billions, but someone did mass murder. That?s how I?d describe them when a kid asked about the epidemic anyway.
I remember sitting in the first grade, when most of the children would ask innocent questions and the teachers would brush it off like they didn?t know what we were talking about. There was a game we would play on the playground too. Someone would pretend to be sick, and the others had to run in order not to get infected. You could call it a twisted version of Sharks and minnows if you?ve ever played that kids game.
By the time we were in fourth grade, the epidemic was like some sort of good book everyone read. Or a ghost story with no details to discuss. Don?t get me wrong, I was just as curious as the kids next to me, but my mind was more concentrated on why the parents and adults were so scared of this thing. In class we learned an epidemic is when a bunch of people get sick and die right? Well that happened all the time, I guess it shouldn?t as much with all the modern technology but still, it was like?.they experienced a murder right in front of their eyes.
Looking back on it, we all figured we were idiots to treat it like it was. Hitting high school many had moved on from the idea of ?the epidemic?. I even got a girlfriend in the process, but we never expected anything to go wrong in our lives. What fools we were.
There was this one kid, his name was Frank. Your average shy guy who sat in the back of the class, said nothing, and didn?t have many friends or any by the looks of it. By our second year of high school, we would play a game throwing rocks at Frank to see how he would react. Any normal guy would lash out, get mad, or just ignore and walk away in grimace. But Frank, Frank acted as if he wasn?t even there at all. When a rock would hit his cheek and the usual ?oooo? sound by the group happened his eyes would stare at the ground with a glazed over kind of look. Eventually a lot of the guys got creeped out and would leave him alone.
By our third year, I had gotten into a fight with my girlfriend over the epidemic. I had brought up I think my curiosity about the adults reactions, she told me that I was over thinking but when I thought deeper the teachers were also afraid of Frank. I hadn?t really noticed it until the fight but, whenever teachers passed out papers, or were patrolling the grounds during lunch they avoided him completely. Frank only spoke in soft tones and when he did adults would often try to cover their ears and mouth making sure to head towards their destination quickly.
What would make anyone so afraid of such a strange kid? I just thought he had some problems at home, and that no one wanted to help him. So I decided, I would talk to him. Plenty of the guys tried to tell me ?Jake are you nuts, no one ever tries to talk to the zombie kid.? but I went up to Frank during Lunch anyway. As usual the kid was sitting in a corner, his hair looked like a muk green color, glossy and thick with grim. If you got closer on inspection his blue eyes stood out compared to the rest of him. His frame looked weak, and the bags under his eyes made his eyes look sunken in. I was surprised he didn?t break when I touched his shoulder, but he didn?t say a word or react when I did.
The teachers were all staring at me now, and I didn?t know why. Shaking them out of my head I returned my gaze to Frank. ?Hey Frank, I?m sorry about throwing rocks at you. You know if you need a friend I?m here. I mean I may not be much of a friend but, I?m probably better than any of those jerks.? I laughed a bit. But after a few minutes, Frank was still quiet. I thought he was just ignoring me deliberately. What creeped me out even more though, was when he finally looked at me he didn?t move anything but his eyes. Those blue intense eyes peering at me through that dirty hair of his, once he had me in his sights his face grew into a grin. It was a inhuman, wide, grin and he started to laugh. Letting go of him, I looked at him wide eyed for a few seconds. ?I-I?m sorry for disturbing you.? I muttered before moving away. Everyone was right, that kid had some problems.
I didn?t try to bring up Frank again, or try to talk to him. Peculiar as it was, a week later Frank would always be staring at me no matter what anybody was doing. Every day, he?d get closer to our table, closer to me. One day my girlfriend couldn?t take it anymore, she broke up with me and so did the guys leaving me alone at the table. I tried to tell them he was just playing a prank on us. That didn?t stop them.
Eventually I couldn?t take it, and trudged into the office demanding to see the principal. When I told him about Frank, and how he was following me and just staring at me, his eyes went wide eyed. He asked if I had touched anyone else after Frank, and I told him other than my girlfriend no I hadn?t. My parents weren?t one for much contact, they barely reached over to kiss each other. The principal shoed me out of his office and that was that, and he made it clear that I shouldn?t touch anyone else.
With a sigh I went home, telling my parents about the strange ordeal I had kept secret from them they too went wide eyed. After dinner they told me good night and left my plate on the table. Getting rather pissed off now I stomped up to my room and tried to get in a few hours of sleep seeing as I was having trouble sleeping.
The next day at school was miserable, I felt like shit. My head down I was starting not to give a crap about anybody or anyone around me. I just didn?t feel like it, and teacher avoided me like the plague. It got so bad that I was eventually in the bathroom convulsing every few seconds. Until there was nothing left in my stomach to convulse into the porcelain throne. sitting on the ground leaning against the bathroom stall I made the decision to confront Frank once more. He obviously had something to do with this. And I wanted to get to the bottom of it.
There he was in his corner, just like any other day. But this time he was looking at me, smiling, he didn?t shy away he simply starred. The teachers were starting to whisper to each other, I looked at them for a moment, and felt my heart skip a beat. Suddenly Frank was on top of me screaming and holding onto my throat. In a frantic flurry of limbs I managed to pry him off surprisingly anyway. Standing there panting he stood right up again and started to drool out of his mouth. Laughing and giggling like a mad man I turned and tried to run from Frank or yell out to the teachers for help, but they simply watched as Frank grabbed my ankle and pulled me down raking his nails into my hair and tugging it out.
The other students gasped, panicking they started to gather in groups when I noticed that my head was bleeding from the boy digging his nails into my scalp. Since no one wanted to help me, I had no choice but to defend myself. Turning around I lifted a foot and kicked Frank square in his chest sending him backwards and standing up feeling blood move down my face from my head.
?Why the hell aren?t you helping me? I yelled towards the teachers and students. ?What is so fucking frightening about this!? well it was definitely terrifying, but weren?t adults supposed to support us and save us? In the middle of my little cry for help Frank had managed to get up and charged me again. He slammed my head into the concrete of the ground making it hard to get back on my feet. I grabbed onto his head and started to pull out that slimy hair of his in a frantic manner.
In what seemed forever of being locked like that I finally swung him into the wall. Head first I heard a crack and him slide down with gurgling sounds that sounded almost inhuman. I started to cough and hack. wheezing I came down to my knees and hacked up what looked like green gunk blood. One of the female teachers screamed and ran, while one of the male?s grabbed someone?s metal pail lunch box and threw it at my head as hard as he could. The blow was enough to knock me out because the next thing I knew I was seeing black.
When I woke up, I was in a large metal box, my mouth taped over and my head secured towards a screen. It was playing mindless, children cartoons of a mouse and a cat. With small letters on the bottom that said.
?We are sorry, we are trying our best to cure you. Please watch the video?s to your enjoyment. Welcome to epidemic treatment 101?
[Image: OvmqSCr.png]