Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Pride - BisexualPride - DemisexualChristmas 2019
10-17-2023, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2023, 09:24 PM by Gloom. Edited 1 time in total.)
[Location for Home Turf: The Starlit Plains]

Gloom watched the dancing of the bonfire, sparks flying upwards into the sky. Dark had settled on the pack and Gloom shivered lightly as the cool of night had crept into the little nest she and Audra occupied. She shifted slightly and considered if she wanted to lay her head down and let herself drift off for a bit. But she wanted to keep watching the fire, she wanted to soak in the feeling of the moment. Last year she had felt an outsider, an intruder. Tonight? Some tiny part of her felt like she belonged... She wanted to keep feeling that way. Gloom had noticed that Audra's gaze had caught more than once on an older black and white woman through the night. Though the woman in question didn't seem particularly mobile whenever she seemed to pass Audra's sight line the earthen woman's attention was caught.

"Someone you know?" Gloom asked softly, gesturing with her muzzle towards where she'd spotted the older woman resting, offering her a tiny smile as she realized she was pointing and not wanting to seem rude. Maybe she was curious, maybe it was some form of jealousy, or maybe Gloom just wanted to know more about Audra's life. For all the time she'd spent with the woman she couldn't say she knew much about her friends or her history here.

"Speech"

Image by Madandcat
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Derby Winner1KPride - BisexualDouble MasterAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Wordy
10-20-2023, 08:55 AM

Audra settled in closer to Gloom. While the festivities blossomed around them, she was content to lay with Gloom. Enjoying the crackle and snap of the fire and listening in on others' conversations, Audra was glad for the chance to rest and relax. Snuggling into their blanket even more as she felt Gloom shiver slightly, she turned her cheek into the woman and allowed her eye to close for a moment. That wouldn't last long when she heard the voice of Laeta and the older woman's scent drifted to her.

Turning her face to glance at the woman, Audra didn't hide her glances. She was worried for her older friend as she wasn't getting better as the years went on. The Long Night had been cruel to the both of them. Lost in thought and worry, Audra barely heard Gloom's question but noticed the shift of her body when she pointed. Blinking a few times, Audra's ears fell back as she gave Gloom a sheepish grin. "Oh, s-sorry," she murmured before clearing her throat.

"Laeta! Can-can you make it over h-here?" Audra calls out, lifting her paw gently to wave the older woman over. "She's a dear friend to me. I believe you two would get along nicely," her voice is a warm hum of happiness while trying to hide the edge of concern as she smiled at Gloom and waited to see if Laeta would make her way over.

"Speech"

audra's companions are to be assumed next to her unless stated otherwise

Laeta

Somnium

Intermediate Navigator (40)

Expert Intellectual (135)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
10-20-2023, 10:04 AM
Art & Code © Skelle 2023

"Speech!"

The bonfire was every bit as beautiful and wondrous as could be expected. Her beloved pack — surrounded by family and friends — made the event all the more lively. Her painful bones were soothed by the radiating aura of warmth from the flames, and for a few moments, the frail woman closed her eyes to remenisce about those who were no longer with them. Her own birth family included. Mel sat quietly beside her, deep in thought.

It wasn’t long before her meditation was peacefully faded by Audra’s soft voice. Oh, she was here too! Opening her eyes, the woman noticed her close friend, next to a black and white wolf she assumed to be the friend she’d mentioned from her journey to Boreas. Tail sweeping happily behind her, she replied, "Audra, how lovely to see you, and your new friend! Yes, I can make my way over."

With Mel’s bracing assistance, she gingerly crept off of her haunches to stand, managing to half-shuffle in a limping gait towards the two wolves. She glances towards Gloom, dipping her head in greeting even as her twig-like limbs trembled slightly from merely standing in place. "Ah, so you are Gloom! We meet at last, it’s an absolute pleasure.” She briefly flicked her ruby gaze down to her companion, as if offeeing him the chance to introduce himself, too. After all, he was such a pivotal part of her being able to still get around, he deserved to be part of the conversation if he so wished.

Mel adjusted his monocle, peering at Gloom as he bowed courteously as well. ”A-And I am Mel, Lady Laeta’s companion and aid.”
comin' up for air in the deepest of the deep ends
i thought i learned it all, but boom, the plot thickens
laeta has a european badger companion named melis. he can speak and is assumed to be with her at all times.

Gloom

Loner

Beginner Navigator (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Pride - BisexualPride - DemisexualChristmas 2019
11-29-2023, 09:40 PM

Gloom shook her head as Audra sheepishly apologized, she'd expected Audra to have connections within the pack, after all she'd been here much longer than Gloom had. Still she felt that familiar old anxiety shoot through her as the older woman was beckoned over. Gloom forced herself to focus on the feeling of Audra next to her, to focus on her breathing and reminding herself that she was fine, she was safe. That took the edge off, she wasn't at ease but her nerves were much more manageable now. Still visible though, she wasn't that good yet. Still she offered Leata a small smile as she introduced herself, and even managed one for the badger as he introduced himself. She wasn't totally unfamiliar with companion animals who were capable of conversing with wolves but she hadn't really known any personally. "The pleasure is mine." Her voice was ever so soft, struggling to feel comfortable lifting it with so many wolves around. There was also a part of her mind that running with the sudden realization Audra had talked about her with her friend, was that good? Bad? What was she supposed to say next?

"Speech"
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Old friends, new girlfriend The Starlit Plains 06:50 PM, 10-17-2023 05:22 AM, 02-19-2024