gems
size
-
build
-
player
Glacier
04-02-2014, 01:52 PM

The deceiving stability of the un-moving ground beneath him still felt deceitful and out of control. He had barely been gone a day from the entrapment of the cavern and the ground still felt like it was swimming beneath his paw. Like a voyage across the sea and returning to land, the earth still felt like it swayed like the endless back of the sea. The cut that run a line against his forehead helped little to calm his swimming head, sill red and ugly and bright against his white coat, outlined with colorful bruises yet to fade. His cracked ribs drew him short of breath and his stamina was nothing like it used to be. He had barely started a run before the pain spasmed up his side and he stopped to hang his head and gasp. He had never felt so incompetent, so useless as he blinked spots from his eyes and settled his rump against the earth.

The alabaster brute didn't know the tally for injuries and possibly even deaths within the Valhalla territory and he was desperate to know if any he had come to know and care for had suffered with the betrayal of the earth. Thoughts of Lyric, Twig and Erani where foremost in his mind, with the fate of pupil well known to him. He was desperate to see the wolves he loved and would have tracked them down himself if he hadn't felt so weak and useless. Instead, he settled for raising his head and howling out for those wolves that ruled his heart.

"Speech"

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
04-02-2014, 06:43 PM

The earthquake that had shaken the entire continent had also shaken Odette to her core. She had never experienced such a travesty and in her life! The fact that the ground beneath her was not one-hundred percent stable made her question the life that flourished around her. What would become of the wolves she had grown to care for within her pack? Did nature intend on swallowing them up once the earth opened up again? How far long would the next earthquake be to this one? She just didn't know.
All of her questions swirled in her mind as she walked through the terrain. At this point, all she could do with her restless form was walk. Her paws carried her to various parts of the Plains, her mind not really focusing on where she went. A light sigh escaped her lips as she slowly moved through the familiar settings of her home. She started to wonder if other wolves throughout the continent were affected as well. Thoughts of her littermates wove their way into her mind and Odette couldn't help but whine.
A call, one lone howl, reached her ears. Slowly, Odette was pulled from her stupor and raised her head. With ears perked, she tried to figure out the location of the sad call and immediately trotted in the right direction. Her thoughts were pushed aside as her mind started to work correctly again. She hoped that whoever called was all right.
Upon reaching the clearing, she saw a white male who was a stranger to her. After slowing her gait, she cautiously walked towards him and pondered why he seemed so...out of it. The question was answered when she saw the gash upon his forehead and she softly gasped. Red and blue eyes watched it with some intensity, as if it would bust open and continue to bleed. With the way he was acting, Odette figured he was in pain. "Umm...hello?" she softly asked. "Are you...all right?"

"Talk"
"You" Think

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Alpine

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Glacier
04-02-2014, 07:59 PM

His call was long and mournful as it touched the sky and even he was surprised at the intensity of the emotions that took place inside his chest and burst forth from his throat to be displayed to the world. He called for his loved ones, for his pack and of his worry and love for them, there within his melancholia tune. Perhaps with his own sadness, strong enough to shock himself, he should have been surprised when a strange came towards him with the scent of Valhalla on her coat and asked him if he was alright.

He found himself blinking up at her for a moment, past the cloudy haze that took president in his mind. He was fairly certain he didn?t know her, but the last few days had been a blur beneath the pains he had suffered from his incident with the earthquake, so he wasn?t entirely certain if she was someone whose name he had been told.

He let a few more moments slip him by before he realised that not only was he yet to answer her, but he stood staring out ahead like a mad man. He cleared his throat to hide his embarrassment and focused his gaze upon her. ?I?m sorry, what was that you said?? A warm flush fluttered against his cheeks, he wasn?t at all being himself, and was shamed to be caught as scatter-brain.

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
04-02-2014, 08:14 PM

His sheepish manner concerned her more as Odette took the required steps to get respectfully close. She didn't know him very well, but she figured that something was up when he took a few seconds to respond. Maybe it was from the gash on his forehead, as well as the earthquake, that made him act so funny. Instead, she met his blue gaze and checked it for unusual changes in their retinas. "I only asked if you were all right," she answered, a warm smile appearing on her face.
Odette lowered herself on the ground that was currently at a standstill. She coiled her tail around her hind legs as she continued to watch him. If he continued to show signs of looking into space, she would try and see if there was something she could do. "Your call was something I couldn't ignore, especially with how much emphasis was put into it." Silently, she looked at the gash on his forehead for a split second. Already, she was imagining the herbs she could find around the plains that would help with any pain he may have been experiencing.

Talk like this

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Alpine

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Glacier
04-02-2014, 08:33 PM
He realised with dismay that concern was etched across her expression as she looked at him. He was not accustomed to being fussed over and was far more comfortable being the one to deliver strength and kindness then for another to try and comfort him. ?Oh, sorry again, I guess I was lost in my thoughts. I?m fine, this is just from the earthquake, it?ll heal eventually? his light tones echoed none of his own worry and confusion at the effects of his head injury, at how he found himself lethargic and confused, find his paws in placed he did not remember leading them. But, he was sure all that would pass in time, he was Alpine, he would not and could not be broken.

She placed herself against the ground, and he settled his rump more firmly against it, seeing she intended to remain for a time. He was content to sit with company; at least he didn?t have to remain alone and with the madness of his worries. ?Thank you for your concern, my thoughts where on the friends I have made here. I can?t believe how the earth could change so rapidly. I?m Alpine by the way, I don?t think I caught your name?? he hoped she hadn?t told him already, the last thing he needed was for her to truly think he stood in madness.

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
04-06-2014, 05:02 AM

Even though he tried to reassure her that the gash was nothing to worry about, Odette couldn't help but worry all the same. Having any type of injury wasn't normal and maintaining its health was just as important as the immune system of the human body. "Well, you should still get it looked at and cleaned, just to be on the safe side." She gave a firm nod and flicked her tail lazily behind her. "There are many types of bacteria in this world and I would hate to see you have another eye in your forehead." A wry smile was given, but she pulled it back immediately when she realized he may have been offended.
He spoke of the earthquake and she thought of how everyone had been effected. Erion came to mind first, for the little pup was now on Eria's radar wherever he went. Odette didn't blame his mother, but she didn't voice her opinions. Instead, she focused on Alpine, the male that just introduced himself. "Alpine, eh? That's a nice name. I haven't met you before, so you're completely new to me. I am Odette...Odette Adravendi." She let the smile return, except this time, her grin was genuine.

Talk like this

Art||Plotter