Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

Wordy1KRaiderDream WeaverTeacherStudent
Double MasterSamhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
12-17-2023, 02:20 AM

The sun had long since set and Modesty had managed to drag herself into the space that was usually reserved for meetings. Someone had come and stoked the fire in the hearth and she flopped herself down on the warmed tiles, panting heavily. Since when had simply moving become so hard? Wet, chesty coughs wracked her frame and she dragged one of the pelts she had taken outside over her shoulder, allowing her head to drop to the floor, nose pointed at the flickering flames. The stairs were the least of her worries at the moment. She just needed a moment, and then she would try to drag herself back to the bedroom.

“Speech.”

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Intellectual (635)

Master Fighter (870)

An icon representing the specialty Gambler Gambler

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Rapid Poster - SilverWordyBest BudsSocialiteCritical Attack!Legendary
LoserRaiderCritical Fail!Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarred
Snake EyesWinnerOoh La LaDouble Master1KAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
12-17-2023, 06:53 AM
GILGAMESH
It had only been recently brought to his attention just how sick his wife had been. Due to the busy nature of the pack, Gil had been busy taking care of the other situations brought to his attention. Apparently Sakana’s insistence that Modesty was okay and just wanted alone time while raising the new batch of pups had been enough to convince Gil he didn’t need to check on her that often. That was until he had finally caught on.

He could see it now as he stood in the doorway to the meeting room. The fire in the hearth flickered though it was nearly summer and as he saw Modesty lying beside, he wondered just how dire her sickness was. The sound of her wet coughs and the thinness of her sides worried him. How could he not have noticed? Worry filtered through him as he approached. Would she allow him to get near? He felt like the absolute worst husband in the world. He hadn’t even given her a real wedding after all so could he really call her his wife? Giving her a whole archipelago didn’t matter anymore. All he wanted was for her to be healthy again.

Before he got any closer, he turns toward the other side of the room. There a large bucket held fresh water with bowls enough for the entire pack. Picking one up between his teeth, he dips it into the bucket and then carefully brings it over to Modesty. Setting down near her muzzle so she didn’t have to move far to drink from it, he then moves to lay down along her spine so she could stretch out and use him as support if needed.

Resting his chin upon his paws, he lets out a sigh. He wants to say something. Chastise her for hiding it from him. Lull her to sleep with a story. Drone on about stupid pack bull shit. Something, anything, but as he stares at those flickering flames in the hearth, he can’t find any. Instead, he turns his nose and presses it gently to her forehead. “I’m sorry,” Gil whispers, perhaps the most sincere he’s ever been in his life.

gilgamesh is aggressive, don't trust him

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

Master Intellectual (260)

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

12-18-2023, 03:02 AM

The Heh, that leaves her lips in response to his apology sounds dry. “What do you have to apologise for? You have a pack to lead, and I wasn't going to distract you from what needs to be done.” She shrugged back into his embrace, allowing her eyes to drift closed for just a moment. It was unfortunate that she couldn't return to her room, but by the same token it was nice to be away from the children for a moment. The crackle and pop of the logs on the fire had a lulling effect, but now that she had company she should probably try and stay awake. “What news of the outside world? Once my feet are back beneath me, I should try to do some rounds I suppose...” If Deluge still intended to leave and take Scald with her, someone would have to be out there keeping an eye on things.

“Speech.”

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
12-18-2023, 06:41 AM
There are no words to describe the amount of appreciation he has for his wife. He lets out a sigh of both sadness and happiness as she leans against him. Of course he is sad that she had gotten sick. From what he had finally pulled from Sakana, she could have died if it were not for him. The boy deserved a promotion and possibly to become a closer confidant to him. But he was also happy because she hadn’t died. He could still spend time with her and give her all the things she ever wished.

Her question leaves him speechless for a second. Where was he to even start? Taking a moment to collect all that had happened since Modesty had locked herself away, Gil decided to start with the simple things. “Ignis found puppies and one of his older daughters from a previous litter has joined the pack, she goes by Inferno,” Gil laughs because of course Ignis would name a pup of his such a name. “Ig wishes to bring them home, but we have no room. I have been trying to rouse the others into expanding back to the beach so we can keep some of the pack on the mainland,” Gil pauses, takes a breath, exhaling slowly before he continues. “It has me wondering if the isle is a good idea or if we should move back elsewhere,” he talks slowly through gritted teeth because he hates the consideration. He loves the isle, but was it the best for everyone else?

“Flurry has just returned from a trip to the Armada,” Gil hesitates again as he switches subjects. He knows Flurry has returned, but hasn’t spoken with her yet. There is a feeling in the Raid King’s gut that he isn’t going to like what she has to say. “Deluge and Scald still plan to leave together, but are taking their time until we can expand. I hate delaying them, but we need the help,” truthfully, there were just too many young and not enough adults currently and their own brood were a bit too rowdy to have them fully help with mature things yet.

Then it was time to get to the grittier stuff. “Sparrow wants to leave so she can hunt down Recluse’s murderer. I told her she can stay attached to the pack if she wishes, but she doesn’t,” another sigh before he continues. “Pack relations have been better. I met with a few of them during the claiming of a new pack called Norad. Valhalla has fallen, I don’t know where they went. The other alphas appear to be good wolves, but I’m unsure if I can mend what Sparrow had once broken,” his teeth clench as he lets out a grumble. Man, what a shit show everything was. Did he care for enemies? And did he even care for friends? The safety of the pack was more important than his own feelings, he knew that.

“I spoke with Corbie and have sent Rexx and his girl, Rheum, over there to learn some skills,” Gil is definitely hesitating on the most grittiest of subjects, but knows he can’t avoid them any longer. “I also perhaps have taken in a few… stragglers. I can release them whenever, but feel they may be of some use at some point. One, her name is Creature, I have her holed up in one of the out buildings. She had tried attacking me and as punishment, she is now uh what one would call a slave,” the word feelings gross on his tongue, but there’s no nicer way to put it. “She’s a bit on the strange side, but if Sakana or you have use for her, let me know and I can fetch her,” Gil isn’t keen on letting the girl loose on the isle anytime soon, but if it meant working for her keep, he didn’t see why he shouldn’t.

“The other, Valerie, she was alone, weak, and has a pup, and apparently my heart has grown soft since becoming a father. I didn’t want to leave her out unprotected so I have allowed her to stay within the isle until she wants to leave. I believe she has since gotten herself pregnant so that is a whole different issue to address at some point,” Gil lets out another grumble, his nostrils flaring slightly as he steels himself for the last bit of news.

“The last… Her name is Jael. I found her near dead in the archipelago. She has proven to be a hard worker since healing from her injuries. I think she will be of value to the pack,” he pauses before saying the hardest part of all. The part that is making his heart drum in his chest and his throat feel tight. “And something about her makes me want to protect her. We have grown… close, but she knows exactly where I stand with you and if you ever don’t want me around her, I understand,” Gil stares at the fire as it pops and sizzles. It was a lot of information for Modesty to take in and perhaps the most important news of all he had dropped on her last. What would she say? Think? Do?

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

12-18-2023, 07:45 AM
Ignis finding puppies felt… familiar, like she had a heard a story like this once before. A brow arched incredulously, but she bit her tongue, an amused snort leaving her nose when Gil disclosed the red man’s daughter’s name, and when he said Ignis wanted to bring them back. “Well don’t be afraid to call bullshit on finding them if they’re all red,” was all the advise she could offer, the welfare of her own pups front of her mind, and too many mouths to feed posed a threat.

Not that Modesty would ever say as much but she was proud of her first litter. Flurry seemed intent on stepping into the void left by others, Rexx seemed to be finding his feet and she had never needed to really worry about Deluge or Scald. That Sparrow wanted to leave was upsetting, but understandable. She hadn’t quite been the same between the deaths of Recluse and Pyralis.

Taking on slaves wasn’t shocking for Modesty, she had been raised in Ashen after all. Why he would want to keep a wolf that tried to attack him, well, he had always been a bit of an odd one. That the other one was pregnant had her quills bristling. “Are they yours?” she questioned with more bite than she intended, after all, why else would he feel obligated to take the woman in?

And the hits kept coming, the last. Well that had to offer some semblance of relief didn’t it? But it didn’t. Like a key turning a lock barrel into place, she stiffened, inhaling sharply through her nose. He wanted to protect her. They had grown close. A growl was rumbling in her chest before she could get it under control. ”The dog? Her teeth came together with a click. If she didn’t want him around her? He had bought her into their home, as a member of his pack. As if he would be able to avoid her.

Modesty pushed up to her feet with no small effort, stalking towards the door. ”Don’t pretend I have a say in any of this.” She couldn’t stay in this building, on this fucking island for a minute longer, despite the coughs that wracked her frame. Her heart was racing and her limbs were shaking but she wouldn’t continue to sit here, like some fucking laughing stock. How long had they all been laughing at her behind her back? “Figure your shit out Gilgamesh. I’m going to the shrine.” She wasn’t going to make the decision for him.

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
12-19-2023, 12:08 PM
Gilgamesh bristles at the accusation. Ears flattening as he turns to glare at Modesty. “They are not,” he speaks sternly, rather insulted that she would think some random woman’s offspring be a product of his. Did she not understand how much he really did love her?

Of course, that would be questioned as her biting words stung him. The dog? Yikes. Well, yes, the dog, but the dog had a name. He wasn’t going to interject with that because man, that would make the situation a whole lot worse. Gil lets out a sigh and turns his face to stare at the wall. Training the eyes on the cracks that line the old stone, he prepares for the worst.

Where he thought she would retaliate physically, instead he feels her pull away and the sudden rush of cold over his body has him shivering. Turning to watch his very sick wife begin to leave, he doesn’t follow. Doesn’t move, just watches. Her stinging words has his ears falling back ever more. Had he not done right by her? Of course, the wedding was still a sore subject, he knew he had failed her there, but had he not delivered in every other manner she had requested?

How could it have been his fault for saving the girl who had unfortunately washed up on the beach that night? His mouth opens to protest. How could he let her go off when she was in such condition? His face wrinkles and he lets out a grumble. What did she want? Did she want him to chase her? To go after her? Prove his undying love? Or did she want space? To go home to her brother for some time away? Torn between the right thing to do, Gil pulls his own self to stand.

Following Modesty out the door, he doesn’t dare touch her. His heart is breaking as he watches her struggle to leave in a hurried manner. “You-,” he starts and the words die on his tongue. She didn’t have to leave. He could fix everything. He knew he could. “I will come for you in three days, Modesty. If you are not ready by then, send me away, but I will come back,” Gil stops in the doorway and never allows his eyes to leave her. “I always have and always will love you. Ever since the day you fell from that tree on top of me. There’s no one else that could replace you,” the words leave, but he isn’t sure it’s what she wants to hear. Or maybe it’s exactly what she wanted to hear.

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

12-19-2023, 09:40 PM

Three days? Why? So he could fuck his new slave and the woman he suddenly had feelings for without chance for her to interrupt them? Her blood was boiling. “Don't waste your fucking time, everything you want is here.” She snapped back. Sure he had denied it but why put a strain on resources for their children otherwise? There were things that could be given to slaves to prevent this being a problem. Was he new to all of this? (If she'd stopped to think about it, she would have probably realised that yes, he was new to it).

The next words out of his mouth twisted like a knife in her chest and all reason fled her. She spun on her heel, aiming her teeth at the left side of his chest with intent to rip and tear. It was too late for words if he already had his heart set on someone else.

“Speech.”

Modesty vs Gilgamesh for Maim (chest scarring)
Round 1/?
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Medium
Offensive Battle Accessory: Spiked rings
Defensive Battle Accessory: Saddlebags
Companion 1: Brahminy Kite, Male - Flying
Companion 2: Jackalope, male - Battle
Mutation 1: Quills - Defensive
Mutation 2: Muntjac antlers - Offensive
Skills: Expert Navigator & Master Intellectual
Specialty: Professor

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
12-20-2023, 06:53 AM
Gilgamesh heard the words, but didn't register them quite yet. Modesty was here, so yeah everything he wanted was here. So... what did she mean? That he didn't want her? That he would rather have Jael? The slaves were nothing. Mere stupid decisions that he could let go at any point in time. He had allowed his feelings to get in the way for those moments. Moments of soft stupidity and carnal whatever it was that possessed him. Maybe if he had spent more time figuring out that his wife was dying, he wouldn't have had time to do such foolish things. But he was a man after all and could he really be to blame? (OF COURSE, but he's a man so we won't go there).

Before he can even get a response out, Modesty is wheeling on him. Her slightly larger frame is lunging at him, teeth bared and aiming for his chest. He doesn't even had time to get out a surprised yelp as he feels her jaws clamp down on his skin. A range of emotion flares in him. Surprise to upset to anger to fury. How dare she attack him. Gil lets out a fierce rumbling growl as he retaliates. Pushing back against Modesty, knowing she is weak, he lifts up his front legs to wrap around her shoulders. Twisting to the side, he aims to grab ahold of her scruff, right behind her cheek. If a fight is what she wanted, a fight would be what she gets.

Gilgamesh vs Modesty for Maim (cheek scarring)
Round 1/2
Size: Extra large
Offensive Battle Accessory: Spiked bracers
Defensive Battle Accessory: Gold chainmail cuirass
Companion 1: Barn Owl, Female - Battle
Companion 2: Wolverine, Male - Battle
Mutation 1: Crystal spines - Defensive
Mutation 2: Tufted deer fangs - Offensive
Skills: Master Intellectual & Master Fighter
Specialty: Professor or Marauder

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

12-20-2023, 07:02 AM

Modesty knows she doesn't have it in her but she doesn't care at this point in time, but perhaps that in itself would send a clearer message than any words would. She has been low, so low, and maybe this spark of fire in her belly, of rage, and jealousy and fear, would be enough to keep her going... or fuck it, maybe she hoped he would slip and kill her and she'd be put straight out of her misery. That he struck back would have bought a sick smile to her face if she wasn't full of fire and venom, but with a hold on skin she wasn't about to let go. She had never really been a fighter, and yet her quills bristled and she threw her head about in the hopes her antlers might even knock out some teeth. She had never wished more in her life that she had bothered to pay attention when it came to fighting.

“Speech.”

Modesty vs Gilgamesh for Maim (chest scarring)
Round 2/2
Size: Dire wolf
Offensive Battle Accessory: Spiked rings
Defensive Battle Accessory: Saddlebags
Companion 1: Brahminy Kite, Male - Flying
Companion 2: Jackalope, male - Battle
Mutation 1: Quills - Defensive
Mutation 2: Muntjac antlers - Offensive
Skills: Expert Navigator & Master Intellectual
Specialty: Professor

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
12-20-2023, 07:17 AM
The fact that he was fighting his sick wife seemed to infuriate him even further. Gil knew this was all his fault. If he hadn't done such things as falling for someone else and among many other things, he might still have a happy wife. But would he have been happy? Truthfully, they had it good. A pack for him to lead, a giant island to care for, pack members that were loyal, and pups to raise. Why did he want anything else? Maybe deep down he wished they were still young. Still traveling Boreas together, in love and without a care in the world. Should he blame her upbringing for pressuring her into having pups? Should he blame himself for having them join the Pirates in the first place? Many options, many avenues, it all came down to him being to blame.

As much as he wanted to give the fight his all, he couldn't. Even as his teeth grasped her fur, he didn't bite down as hard as he could. His paws grip her, but not in the way that meant he wanted to deal out harm to her. Instead, he holds her. Burying his face against her scruff, he doesn't care when the tips of her antlers jab at his face. "Don't go," he whispers between clenched teeth and fur. How could he possibly ruin everything he had built and worked hard for?

Gilgamesh vs Modesty for Maim (cheek scarring)
Round 2/2
Size: Extra large
Offensive Battle Accessory: Spiked bracers
Defensive Battle Accessory: Gold chainmail cuirass
Companion 1: Barn Owl, Female - Battle
Companion 2: Wolverine, Male - Battle
Mutation 1: Crystal spines - Defensive
Mutation 2: Tufted deer fangs - Offensive
Skills: Master Intellectual & Master Fighter
Specialty: Professor or Marauder

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
12-23-2023, 02:33 PM

And the winner is...

Modesty

Gilgamesh must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out. Modesty's maim is successful.

Totals:

Modesty:
Attack Roll: 79
Defense Roll: 80
Agility Roll: 50
Perception Roll: 24
Total: 233
Attack[79] + 45% Bonus[35.55]: 114.55
Defense[80] + 20% Bonus[16.00]: 96.00
Agility[50] + 20% Bonus[10.00]: 60.00
Perception[24] + 35% Bonus[8.40]: 32.40
Total[302.95] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 302.95

Gilgamesh:
Attack Roll: 48
Defense Roll: 32
Agility Roll: 31
Perception Roll: 34
Total: 145
Attack[48] + 45% Bonus[21.60]: 69.60
Defense[32] + 25% Bonus[8.00]: 40.00
Agility[31] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 31.00
Perception[34] + 25% Bonus[8.50]: 42.50
Total[183.10] + 25% Bonus[45.77]: 228.88

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

12-23-2023, 11:10 PM

He wasn't giving it his all and she could tell, and fuck, maybe that hurt more than when he asked her not to go. She growled and mustered all the strength she had left to shove him back, to get his touch and scent away from her so her eyes wouldn't feel so gritty with unshed tears and so her bones wouldn't feel so heavy. It would be so easy, too easy to throw herself back down in front of the fire and just tell him to go fuck himself, or his new girlfriend. Whatever. But it would also mean letting him win, and she'd be damned if she was about to give him that satisfaction.

Modesty turned so Gilgamesh couldn't see just how close to tears she was. Her cheek burned from where he had grabbed hold of her, and if she had the energy, the sound of the bitter chuckle that shook her shoulders might have actually escaped her chest. What the fuck had they become? Nothing, in the end. He had his kingdom, and she had broken promises.

It was a long way to the shrine yet, and if she was going to be gone before the third day, she needed to get there sooner than later.

She wouldn't look back.

“Speech.”

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Sick and Tired Daager Isle 02:20 AM, 12-17-2023 09:42 AM, 01-05-2024