An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light

OverachieverSamhain 20221K
01-03-2024, 07:39 AM

Vanta's eyes lit up, the crystalline facets sparkling with a vibrant energy as her companion spoke. Excitement was clear in every muscle of her lithe form; her tail wagging gently, her ears perked in eager attention. Her dreams were beginning to take shape, and Vanta could not be more thrilled. "That's the spirit." She beamed. "Lets see where we go."

Her body gave a happy wiggle as she made herself comfortable beside her new friend. "Let's rest now. We have a long journey ahead." She suggested, shifting to lay comfortably upon one hip. The fire at her back brought her crystalline fur to softly shimmer, a gentle, living light in the dark, a playful glint shining in her eyes. "And don't worry, I promise not to take advantage of you in your sleep, if you promise you won't take advantage of me."

"Vanta"

Lia

Loner

Advanced Fighter (75)

Advanced Healer (90)

gems
size
Large
build
Light

The Ooze Participant
01-07-2024, 11:05 AM
She had a couple truths to admit. She settled down beside Vanta, as comfortable with the other woman as if Birar and Art themselves had vouched for her. She knew blood didn't always follow the same ideals, but it was clear that Vanta had a lot in common with her dear friends. She rested her head on her paw, and looked over at Vanta. The other wolf's crystals shimmered in the firelight like armour. “I still have a lot to learn when it comes to fighting.” She admitted softly. She'd struggled with Briar's lessons, but perhaps facing her mother had given her the confidence she needed. 

Vantas words had her grinning, and she reached out a paw to pat the silver and blue wolf. “I promise, you're safe from me tonight.” She teased. She left her paw near Vanta, and closed her eyes. Her voice was soft when she asked. “Where will we go tomorrow?” She was tied to Vanta now. Vanta, and her crusade.
[Image: 2f7uv49.png]

Vântoase

"In Light, Justice; In Shadow, Vengeance"

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light

OverachieverSamhain 20221K
01-09-2024, 11:21 PM

Vanta smiled softly at Lia's admission. "I still have much to learn, too." She replied. "And we'll do it together."

Lia's teasing pat and promise brought a light chuckle from Vanta. "I'll hold you to that." she said playfully. As Lia left her paw near Vanta's and closed her eyes, a sense of peace seemed to settle over the prairie. The comfort and trust the woman displayed was rare and precious, and Vanta had to consciously push back down the powerful urge to protect that immediately followed. She did not want to suffocate her new friend with the protective streak she had clearly inherited. Thanks, dad.

"Tomorrow-" Vanta murmured, her voice a quiet, comforting sound in the night. "-we'll start our crusade. The two of us can't do it alone, we'll need to find others.." Weariness drew her eyes to slide shut, her words becoming slurred as her sleepy jaws decided the effort of proper enunciation was just too much.

- sleeps -

As the first light of dawn broke over the horizon, Vanta awoke to find Lia cuddled up against her, their bodies entwined in the comfort of shared warmth and companionship. The smaller wolf had nestled into the crook of her neck, her breath warm and steady against Vanta's fur. For a few precious moments, Vanta lay still, enjoying the peacefulness of the scene - admiring the way the early morning light played across Lia's features and softened the scars of her past.

As Lia stirred, Vanta offered her a warm smile. "Morning." She said softly. "I hope you slept as well as I did."

"Vanta"

Lia

Loner

Advanced Fighter (75)

Advanced Healer (90)

gems
size
Large
build
Light

The Ooze Participant
01-10-2024, 12:17 AM
She listened to Vanta’s quiet words, and the last thing she remembered was that quiet promise of a crusade. Then, sleep overtook her and she was lost to the world. She didn’t often sleep deeply, and she had slept mostly by snatches here and there. So she slept well, and she slept deep. Perhaps that was why she had ended up against Vanta - or being against Vanta had caused it. Either way, she awoke feeling well rested and warm.

Just as it was the last thing she remembered as she fell asleep, Vanta’s voice was the first thing she recalled as the waking world called to her. She opened her eyes, yawning as she did so. Realising her close proximity to Vanta, she was careful that her yawn didn’t toss her horns the wrong way.

“I slept better than I have in a long time, actually” she admitted, giving Vanta’s closest paw a fond pat. Was it strange how she felt as if she had known Vanta for a long time, instead of just a day?

Speech
[Image: 2f7uv49.png]

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. that thieving bastard Algoma Prairie 05:56 AM, 12-29-2023 05:28 AM, 05-01-2024