gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
02-04-2024, 05:21 AM
She had wanted to sleep. The raid had been exhausting - especially after fighting with a polar bear. Who the fuck keeps polar bear! How was that fair!? Disgruntled and sleepy-eyed, Cal was making her way up to her room when the beckoning call rang out over the isle. Never before had she heard such a serious tone from her father before. That didn't mean she couldn't grumble and complain the whole way back outside. Stomping as loudly as she could, Calliope made sure to practically bust the door open so that it nearly smacked Gil directly in the haunch. The pointed glare turned to her was returned with a snarl.

Sliding past the stoop and out onto the ground, Calliope paused to see who all was there. Practically everyone. Who did she want to sit beside? Disappointed that Nimbus or Scald hadn't made it yet to bother them, she moves her attention to Navis who sits at the paws of their parents. Well, she was a little too big already to be sitting there. Letting out an annoyed sigh, she resolves to go over to Kenway. Pushing her way behind him and Flurry, Cal slides down onto the grassy ground and rolls enough so that her back is propped up against his side. She could listen to whatever her dad had to say from here.

"Speech"

Warning: Calliope is callous, rude, and unpredictable. Do NOT expect nice things from her.

Scald

Raiders Hollow
The Crow

Master Fighter (375)

Master Navigator (344)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Bunni

Critical Fail!UnderachieverSamhain 2022
02-05-2024, 06:44 AM
Scald arrives nearly late, but not enough to be noticed yet. The exhaustion is clear in his eyes, but after a few swigs of booze and a long whiff of some mysterious plant, he's rejuvenated enough to attend. Coming from the outer shore, he muffles his steps with the leaf litter so that no one turns to look at him. He didn't need his siblings jumping up to welcome him home or anything. Instead, he slides over toward the free side of Modesty, sitting neatly and staring ahead. Without turning, he leans in to his mother, placing his shoulder against hers.

"Deluge an' Dread are on ter way back," Scald's voice is a hushed whisper, words only meant for Modesty. "An' uh, Rexx is back too," his brows raise, an awkward but pleased smile on his lips. "Looks like you can't get rid of us after all," he teases her, finally turning his muzzle to press it to the bottom of her jaw briefly before turning back to look at the gathered crowd.

CARVE YOUR OWN PATH

Kaija

Obscura
Prisoner

Expert Navigator (170)

Master Fighter (250)

An icon representing the specialty Unarmed Unarmed

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Critical Attack!OverachieverSamhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipUnderachieverAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Lighting McQueen1KPride - Pansexual
02-05-2024, 04:48 PM
Maybe Kaija was a little dense, but she wasn't quite sure what the dour mood was about. The raid had gone pretty great - they'd won! - and her own fights had done fantastic. She'd kicked ass and she was proud of it. It didn't really surprise her that the defenders had been enraged at being targeted, not when she'd probably feel the same way. But she wasn't in the business of analyzing other wolves, not really, especially not ones that had nothing to do with her.

The journey home had been a long way, though it seemed the Raider's leader would waste no time in calling them all together. As gleefully as ever Kaija made her way to the call, looking pretty damn pleased with herself. Once she arrived she found somewhere comfortable enough to settle, sinking onto her haunches and allowing herself a moment of well-deserved rest before the meeting began.

Sorra

gems
size
build
player
02-05-2024, 07:02 PM
He filed in rather slowly. Sorra hadn’t done much in his time here. No training, hell he’d become much of a recluse. Unable to find the motivation to apply himself to the simplest of tasks. However, this was still his home and Sorra was sure to do as he was told. His paws nervously kneaded into the ground as he found a spot not near anyone but within eyesight of their king. Shame was a better word for what he felt, maybe he should do some hunting or perhaps explore since he mostly never left the pack lands.

Regardless the young man was eager to do something. Even if it was just cleaning up after the others. There was no excuse and he had to blame it on his recent laziness. Sorra sighed giving his fur a good shake before he sat. Silently observing the others around him while they all waited to hang on the kings word. Please just let him not be called on, he felt like it would be a pain.

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Intellectual (635)

Master Fighter (810)

An icon representing the specialty Gambler Gambler

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Rapid Poster - SilverWordyBest BudsSocialiteCritical Attack!Legendary
LoserRaiderCritical Fail!Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarred
Snake EyesWinnerOoh La LaDouble Master1KAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
02-06-2024, 06:16 AM
Gilgamesh continues to stand stoic before the gathering group. His gaze moving about the crowd as they filed in. His expression remains unchanged as the time passes, only his weight subtly shifting back and forth sets him apart from a statue. First there is Flurry, who he can't help but be proud of. Winning both her bouts in the raid was a feat not many could manage. Then there is Modesty. As she comes to sit beside him, he leans over to press his muzzle to her neck. While she may still be righteously pissed at him, it was better to keep up with appearances for now. Kenway comes third and he notices how the boy goes to chew on Flurry's tail. The boy had taken on a literal polar bear and at such a young age, he wondered if he would have any trauma from it.

Then there is Calico Jack. Gil only offers the boy a very pointed stare. Because though he also won both of his bouts in the raid, the first one had been undeserved. After is Sakana who busies himself tending to wounds and ensuring everyone is patched up. Gil likes that someone has taken their role seriously. He notices Siduri off to the side, with Jael perched around her. Tarnish is quick to follow and place himself beside Jael and Tarnish, as a good brother should. The girls had suffered more injuries than most and his heart ached to help them, but that would have to wait for later. Not long after is Rivin who unsurprisingly places herself right beside Jack. His gaze meets her questioning one with only a slight raise of the brow. Did Jack really need his girlfriend to stand up for him? Shouldn't she be tending to those actually wounded?

Moments later, he notices the edgy and tense fidgeting of Inferno. Another slight raise of his brow, another note tucked away for later that he needed to make time for the girl. Then there's Ares, who when called would arrive, so really he had no complaints about the older man. When Ignis arrives shortly after with two pups in tow, Wade and Sulur (right? He couldn't keep track), Gil allows his stony gaze to linger on the fiery man. Did he ever know when to leave his dick in his pants?

A sound from behind him forces him to glance over his shoulder. Wake stumbling from around the corner, appearing green around the gills, and then Calliope bashing the door open with enough force to almost hit him in the ass. His brow furrows, a growl rumbling in his chest at the almost yearlings while they find somewhere to sit. Looking back at the gathering wolves, he notices Diablo enter and his eyes narrow once more. What had that one been up to? Before he can truly question the whereabouts of Diablo, he notices Phoenix and Sorra make their way. The fact that he even remembered their names was surprising. Navis is almost last of his most recent litter and he leans down to touch his nose upon her forehead. Kaija slides in next and Gil nods his head in her direction, out of respect and pride. The girl had done really well.

Almost last, he hears Scald slide almost silently up behind him. Turning his chin slightly to listen, his eyes widen at the news. Deluge and Rexx had returned? His eyes move to Modesty. What was she planning? Gil doesn't say anything, but instead turns to check their head count. All except... two Ignis pups (surely there was answer for that) and then one of his own, Nimbus. Once more, a narrowed gaze searches but finally lands on his wolverine, Urtur. "Please ensure Nimbus has not gotten himself stuck in his eel pit, again," the rumble in his tone is not to be argued. Once Urtur is making his way toward the back of the building where the basement access was, Gil turned his attention to the pack.

TLDR: Gil is giving everyone a look, start reading here for actual important pack business.

"First and foremost, thank you all for showing up. Our raid on Ethne was successful. We were able to secure some chickens to keep in a location out back," he pauses, eyes lingering on Jael for a brief moment since she would be the one tending to said chickens. "If anyone is interested in learning about how to care for livestock, please see Jael," his attention turns back to the main crowd then, wondering what he should touch on first.

"Congratulations are in order for Flurry and Kaija. They were able to win both of their fights and have earned themselves a promotion - except Flurry because I do not plan on stepping down," Gil gives Flurry a cheeky smile, but it soon becomes more fatherly as his eyes land upon Kaija. "Come see me whenever you have an idea," he takes a breath and moves on. "I would congratulate Calico Jack, but it appears that he thought not actually fighting had been a good idea. It is a rule that if you attend a raid, you must fight. If you are a skilled fighter, you must attend raids. If you do not wish to fight, but have skills elsewhere, please find me and we will sort you accordingly," Gil pauses, eyes pointed directly at Jack, "Or get the fuck out," the words seethe as his eyes then move over the rest of the crowd.

"We are Raider's Hollow. We will raid. Whether that raid is on friendly terms or not, we do not go in acting as if we are pacifists. If you want to be a Pacifist, I am sure Corbie of Avalon will gladly take you into her ranks," his words are not meant as an insult. No, it is truth. He had heard of Heidinn's raid upon Avalon and how Corbie attempted to talk them down from it. "That leads me to my next note. While we do raid at any chance we get, when I say to match their energy that does not mean head straight in to maiming them," the growl in his throat and pointed glare moves to Siduri, though he's unsure if she can even hear him with the current state she is in. It would be punishment enough for now.

"Overall, it was a successful raid. I am proud and looking forward to out next. Flurry will be leading it so when she calls, I expect those who fight to show up," there is no argument in his tone as he continues. "If I continue to see weakness through our ranks, I will start throwing those who do not align with our ideals into the ocean. I have never been unreasonable. If anyone dislikes our ideals, dislikes our ways, they are free to leave. But we are also not free loaders. Starting now, everyone is required to see me, Modesty, or Flurry at least once a season to ensure we are training to be better fighters or honing our other preferred skills. If by next time we meet, us three have not seen hide or tail of anyone, they will be removed both from the pack and the isle. Forcibly if I must," he lets out a sigh then, more out of relief than anything to have gotten it all done and over with so he then could move on to the last subject.

"Lastly, I am stepping down to Secondary. I will be in charge of raids, fights, and all fight related training. Modesty, as everyone knows is my wife, will be stepping up to be Primary. She will take care of all political dealings and anything situated around not fighting. I expect everyone to listen to her and treat her with as much respect as you do me. What she says also goes," another pointed look scanning around the group before landing on Modesty herself. "I will be opening the floor to anyone who wishes to speak, but please give Modesty a moment first if she wishes," at that Gil's body visibly relaxes before he settles back into a more comfortable position.

SECOND ROUND NOT NEEDED UNLESS MODESTY OR SOMEONE ELSE HAS SOMETHING TO SAY!
(please keep an eye out for any tags in case Nacho does a post directed at anyone <3)

Next raid: 2/17 led by Flurry - Calico Jack is benched for this raid and not allowed to attend
Promotion available: Kaija
New pack member requirement: 1 thread with Gil, Mod, or Flurry that is skill related (if not double master) or just to chat/help clean up the isle per IC season
- These can also be group threads, they do not need to be 1 on 1 if members want to do lessons or whatever
Rank changes: Modesty promoted to Primary Alpha, Gil moving over to Secondary Alpha
Members removed: Kebak (Both Sparrow & Nimbus have not attended this meeting due to other circumstances discussed with myself)

gilgamesh is aggressive, don't trust him

Rivin

Loner

Expert Healer (170)

Master Fighter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

ScarredCritical Fail!OverachieverSamhain 2022Statue 2 Worship
02-06-2024, 09:32 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2024, 09:34 AM by Rivin. Edited 1 time in total.)

The meeting is not what Rivin expected. The raiders had won… but it seems that things have reached a point in the Raiders as well. Had Gil not singled out Jack in front of everyone it might have been a silent agreement from the red streaked girl… but the moment he does her gaze flickers with rage and her lips peel over her fangs. A leader talks to their members in private about that shit, maybe even tries to figure out what caused them to act that way in the first place. Not throw them under the bus in front of everyone. She doesn't try to hide her irritation, tail lashing, daggers glared at the Raid King. But angry as she is… Rivin holds her tongue. It is the last bit of respect she has for Gil that allows her to do so. The rest of his words seem to fall on deaf ears… the man is barely finishing before Rivin stands, a growl in her voice as she speaks. “Anyone not being tended to by Sakana who wishes for treatment can follow me. I’m not going to track you down.” Most of them were adults, we're they not? They should know when to seek a healer. With a lash of her tail Rivin turned away from the meeting. She would head back to her room where the bundles were prepared and well… if no one came to get patched up she was going to go find something to tear into.

-Exit Rivin-

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Rivin has two companions - a bobcat and a wolverine. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

Master Intellectual (260)

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

Wordy1KRaiderDream WeaverTeacherStudent
Double MasterSamhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
02-07-2024, 12:42 AM

The Fallen woman held her peace while each wolf filed in. While she wanted to swoop in and coddle her daughter, appearances were important, and this was an important meeting. A smile barely tugged at the corner of her lips for a split second when Scald said his piece, gave the barest hint of a nod, and then it was gone again. It was time to get down to business.

Modesty smiled along with Gil as he congratulated Flurry and Kaija, adding her own small nods of appreciation. His comments to Jack were matched with a hard stare. In her estimation (as a mother, and a leader), it was his responsibility as a capable and seasoned fighter, to target those that might cause harm to newer raiders. She hated the wolves of Ethne and would take everything from them for what they had done to her daughter, it was a blood grudge now that she would carry to her grave, but she also placed no small part of that blame at the feet of the raider that chose to hug a small and safe opponent over one that might actually give him a challenge. To say Jack was on thin ice was an understatement. But apparently someone else was taking it personally on his behalf.

When Gilgamesh finally handed the floor over to her, she didn't even get a chance to part her lips before Rivin was storming off, throwing a tantrum in typical fashion. The indignant rage at the blatant disrespect was the final straw for her shattered nerves. Her stare was hard on the back of the retreating woman as she snapped, “Then they can find you on the fucking mainland, because you are no longer welcome here.” There was a finality to the statement, delivered in clipped and barely contained tones. “Anyone who thinks that level of disrespect is acceptable can go with her. I am not a generous woman. There will be no leave to collect your things. Get the fuck off my islands, or tow the fucking line.”

She allowed her gaze to roam over the gathered wolves, this was their chance, and it would be no skin off her nose if they chose to leave right now. “For those that choose to stay, know this. We will continue to do what we do best, our goal is territory. We cannot support any more pups until we have it, so if you do fuck, don't forget to see Sakana for contraceptives, otherwise I will deal with your problem for you.” By now they surely all knew of the coyote by poor Jael's chicken coop. “I am mother to some of you, but not to most so don't expect me to bail you out if you fuck with other packs. The fact I've had to step up at all should be terrifying.” She certainly never went out of her way to make herself seem like a nice and fluffy friendly individual to anyone but Gilgamesh, there was no reason to change that now.

“The Hallows is off limits until I have had an opportunity to thank the leaders for the hospitality shown to my wayward children, if I hear of chaos wrought before then I will hand you over myself. It's not forever, but I feel I owe them a small debt for the decency shown. That being said, Ethne wolves are our enemies from this point forward. Fuck with them all you wish.”

It was a small bone, but as she made her rounds, she was sure that list would grow. If anyone had any questions, now was the time to ask them.

“Speech.”

Siduri

Raiders Hollow
The Scion

Master Healer (245)

Master Fighter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res
02-07-2024, 06:53 AM

Siduri curled in on herself, not able to concentrate much through the pain in her shoulder and head. The headache itself was blinding, which was funny, considering one eye was swelled shut. Sakana came and spoke to her and the girl barely peeked out from her curl. She gave the barest nod of permission before uncurling just enough to let the healer inspect and work on her wounds.

Jael stayed beside Sid and more came to join, but, again, she couldn't focus. The words that were spoken sounded like glass in her ears and the pastel child began to get rather nauseous. She didn't catch the glares of disapproval from her parents, nor did the drama of those being cast out even register.

Sakana placed the disinfectant on her wounds and it pushed her over the edge. Claws scrambled at the ground and Siduri rocketed from the group, barely making it out the doors before she was vomiting from her headache. Like a drum, her brain thumped hard inside her skull. Next to her pile of vomit, Siduri curled up on the ground, placing one foreleg over her eyes to block out whatever light might happen to shine on her. She was miserable and it was obvious.

"Speech"

Flurry

Loner

Novice Intellectual (20)

Expert Fighter (180)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

VengeanceCritical Observation!1KLoserCritical Fail!Pride - Pansexual
02-07-2024, 10:19 AM

At the rate things were going Flurry was starting to suspect that there wouldn't be a pack to inherit for much longer.

She'd let Sakana see to her shoulder with no complaint and when he'd turned his attention to Sid she couldn't help herself. She leaned towards the group that had gathered around Jael. "Don't know anyone tougher." She tried to give her sister a smile and a wink but suspected the poor girl was more out of it than in.

As for the meeting itself? Well the shit show of her life never stopped did it? It had started out fine, she'd even stuck her tongue out at her father when he said he wasn't abdicating any time soon... And then shit had started to turn. The young woman grimaced as her father very publically admonished Calico Jack. She didn't love the way that was being handled, nor was she super thrilled to learn of yet another big change to the pack she'd not had a chance to even know about before it happened. But she had to admit she thought it was necessary, her mother's more even temperament was probably a good thing for their PR...

Or at least that's what she had thought. Flurry didn't know Rivin that well, the most time they'd spent together has been when they'd gone to the beach to think over expanding out to it... She did often see her and Jack together so she could make assumptions about where the anger was coming from. And she didn't even disagree that the other young woman had been disrespectful but hardly that disrespectful. She hadn't insulted her leaders to their faces, hadn't started an insurrection... Hadn't called out her parents flaws in front of the whole pack... Flurry practically flinched, anxiety flooding through her. It was plain as day to her, her mother was taking her anger about what had happened to Sid (who yes to be fair had started it) out on someone who hadn't been tactful enough about their own emotions. As if the words her father had spoken were supposed to just go in one ear and out the other with everyone feeling totally fine about all of it.

Worse, her mother declared a whole pack enemies for the actions of a single wolf... It was Azure and the Armada all over again. As if she didn't already have enough nightmares about her family and pack being destroyed. Flurry wasn't meeting anyone's eyes, she was hunched over frantically running through possible solutions in her head. There had to be a way to salvage things... There had to! Why did it feel like she was always in damage control mode?

"Speech"

Updated 01/13/23: I am currently on indefinite scarcity, please be patient and don't remind me of missing tags right now.

Ignis

"You become the monster you fear the most"

Insomnia
Memory

Master Fighter (625)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Snake EyesLoserOoh La LaWinnerSamhain 2022Statue 3 Worship
OverachieverSocialiteCritical Observation!Critical Attack!Ooh La LaScarred
Critical Block!Dream WeaverAll Oozed OutDouble MasterPride - BisexualThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 31KVolcanoValentines 2020Critical Hit!Christmas 2019
Trick 2019
02-07-2024, 11:15 PM

Well, apparently the raid was successful. So why did everyone look so fucking gloomy and pissy? Shouldn't they be celebrating like they usually did? His gaze briefly wandered to the pup that sat with the dog and honestly, she wasn't looking too good. While he wasn't one to really judge ones parenting skills, he wondered who had done that to the kid. He knew they had raided Ethne...and he was aware that Bellamy lived there...he was also aware that the woman was unhinged, probably even matching him whenever he'd lose control of himself. Had she been stupid enough to bloody up the child? Sure, the Raiders were a mostly chill group...but even Ignis had the brains to know that as a parent, he would absolutely not be okay with someone else maiming his child. He returned his gaze to Gil as his friend spoke, though truth be told, his mind was elsewhere. Ignis of course, was a morally gray man. He had, in the past, subjected his own kids to his violence. Had tried to maim one of his eldest sons...had thrown his second batch into the ring with his own demon. Occasionally taught Diablo a "lesson" here and there when the fucker kept pushing his last fucking button. So in a sense, only he was allowed to fuck up his own blood. Anyone else? You bet he'd be tracking you down, kicking down the door, and exacting revenge one way or another and by any means necessary. He'd straight go to war for his kids...but of course, he kept his thoughts to himself as he tuned back into the meeting at hand, and waited to see how this played out.

A couple of them were promoted. Though Calico Jack was publicly reprimanded. His brow lifted as he glanced at the boy where he sat with his daughter. And suffice to say, Rivin did not look happy. Don't do anything stupid... He thought. Gil and Modesty did not look like they were in the mood for bullshit today. Although the raid had been successful and Gil did congratulate those that had fought and done well, he got the answer he was waiting for. Siduri had in fact, been maimed. But what did they expect taking children to raid a pack that harbored an unhinged woman like Bellamy? Had Ignis been there, he would've gladly gone head to head with her. He didn't like her. As far as he was aware, anytime they crossed paths, it always ended in a violent fight. He could've warned them about her...but he had been busy at the time of their last raid meeting, and they hadn't asked. Oh well. You live and you learn, right? Well...sometimes...he knew better than anyone that it didn't always work that way.

Gil had a lot to say, but at least it was cut and dry and straight to the point. Modesty would be stepping up as their primary alpha, which honestly, he could respect that. They didn't talk much, but he respected her enough and respected her no bullshit attitude. He glanced to Diablo then who was remaining quiet so far, but he could tell the kid was seething underneath at these new rules. No more being lazy you fucking brat. And just when Gil finished and gave the room to Modesty, of course Rivin had to react negatively. He understood why, but clearly this wasn't the time nor the place for her attitude. "God dammit, Rivin!" He muttered under his breath, about to get up and follow her until Modesty spoke. “Then they can find you on the fucking mainland, because you are no longer welcome here.” He gaze snapped to Modesty for a moment before looking back to Rivin. Fuuuck. A low growl rumbled in his throat. He wanted to protest on her behalf, but honestly, Rivin had made her bed and now she was going to have to lie in it. Clearly Gil and Modesty weren't in the mood for this shit right now, and he understood why, which was the shitty part for him. Because had he still been the leader of Incendium...he would have done the same. And had. Exiling his own uncle and cousin. It could be worse, he supposed. He had kept another cousin as a prisoner. So at least Rivin was free to do as she pleased without the shackles of the pack.

He listened quietly to the rest of what she had to say. Hallows was off limits for the time being...though he wondered how the kids managed to get so far to even be able to get to the Hallows when they were so young? And from the sounds of it, they had done it quite a few times now. Ethne on the other hand, were official enemies. Which was just fine by him. After all, Bellamy was there, and he was no fan of hers. And he remembered the polar bear cub that he had stolen once already, and no doubt she was bigger than she was the first time he'd seen her. Surely he could do it again...He held his tongue as he waited for someone to speak, but all that had happened was Siduri racing out to go puke. Poor kid. She'd get over it. Turning his attention to Gil and Mod, he spoke. "No doubt you saw the polar bear that Ethne has...she's the same one I had stolen away from Bellamy when the kid was smaller. I can do it again. She'd be easy to sway...and good to have in our arsenal or as a bargaining chip." What he meant by that was a hostage. But he wouldn't make that part obvious. "And if Bellamy tries anything...just leave her to me. I suppose you can say we've got some history." He was just itching to do what he was good at. It had been a while...and he definitely wasn't ready to retire just yet.

"Ignis""Blödhgarm"

Art by Naiterion
Ignis has a pair of Sika Deer antlers that are not depicted in his artwork (yet).
Ignis is unpredictable and may become violent with little or no provocation due to his "demon" schizophrenia inherited in his bloodline! Consider this your warning!
*Ignis' tail is docked, and his left ear has been torn away and now resembles a Battle crop style.

Kaija

Obscura
Prisoner

Expert Navigator (170)

Master Fighter (250)

An icon representing the specialty Unarmed Unarmed

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Critical Attack!OverachieverSamhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipUnderachieverAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Lighting McQueen1KPride - Pansexual
02-12-2024, 03:36 PM
Kaija looked about as happy as a clam as she sat and waited for the meeting to begin. She was interested in what Gilgamesh had to share with the rest of them, especially when it pertained to her specifically. A promotion, eh? She flashed him a toothy grin as she sat back and rocked on her haunches, considering what that might entail for her. Climbing a fighting rank sounded like a fine idea to her. It wasn't like she'd really come here seeking anything in particular, and she certainly hadn't set out hoping to climb the ranks anywhere, but she had done her best during the last raid and she was glad it'd gotten noticed.

She gave a curt nod of acknowledgment, listening to the rest as he drawled on. Sounded like some of them had pissed off Gilgamesh a bit, and she was glad she wasn't one of 'em. She'd show up to the next one too and fight with just as much concentration as he had last time. Kaija didn't really tend to resort to excessive violence unless she had to, so she wasn't really worry about pissing him off in that department.

Sounded like some changes were in order, too. Modesty would be leading them. Didn't mean much to her, she hadn't really spoken to the woman before. She was pretty as hell though - maybe she should change that? Kaija looked over her appreciatively as she spoke, continuing on about a bunch of shit she didn't really care about much, but she was fine sitting and being patient through it all. Someone was pissed off, some words were said, she didn't really get the drama of it all- so she sat there pleased as all hell through it all and listened.

Calliope

Raiders Hollow
The Powder Monkey

Master Fighter (353)

Master Intellectual (290)

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
02-13-2024, 04:07 AM
The words of her father hit deaf ears as Cal picks at the grass by her paws. What was he droning on about anyway? Was he chastising someone? Finally curious, she turns her head around to lay it over Ken's back. She watches silently as the meeting continues to unfold. Even her mother's words are kind of drowned out, not like she would care anyway. None of it pertained to her, right? But the leaving of Rivin and the automatic throwing of the girl from the pack has Calliope's eyes lighting up. Looking from the door to Modesty, Cal smiles. Her tail even thumps a few times. Dang, she liked it when her mom was feisty!

When Ignis speaks up, Cal's interest is far more triggered. Steal the polar bear? Her eyes go wide and she's nodding excitedly. "I'll help catch the bear!" Cal calls out with a mischievous grin. "Ken and I both wanna go a roun' two with the beast," she even goes so much as to nudge her shoulder into her brother's side. "Wouldn't that be fun?" Cal whispers to Ken.

"Speech"

Warning: Calliope is callous, rude, and unpredictable. Do NOT expect nice things from her.

Scald

Raiders Hollow
The Crow

Master Fighter (375)

Master Navigator (344)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Bunni

Critical Fail!UnderachieverSamhain 2022
02-13-2024, 09:01 AM
Scald patiently listens to his father speak. Boy, he had missed quite a bit. The tremor of anger in Gil's voice is one he had yet to ever here. His eyes scan over to Calico Jack, a half-frown on his face. Poor kid. Always was one of the soft ones, wasn't he? And from the looks of it, Rivin didn't agree with the whole being called out either. Scald's face scrunches up at her reaction, his ears flicking backward slightly when he hears Ignis curse under his breath. But before he can stand to intervene with the girl, his mother is speaking. His eyes go wide and he turns his head to look around Flurry (who clearly isn't okay either) at their mother who is definitely a commanding presence. Yeesh.

Once Modesty is finished saying her peace and Ignis has spoken his own, Scald can't help but look at Calliope with an annoyed glare. Who did this kid think she was anyway? With a roll of his eyes, he stands and leans toward Gil and Modesty to speak with them quietly. "'m gonna go talk wit' Loogie and Rexx, k?" One brow is raised in question, almost temping them to stop him. With a final nod of his head, he turns lastly to Flurry and presses his nose to her cheek. "Yer always welcome to come wit' us," Scald whispers, that same questioning expression on his face before he turns to leave.

-exit Scald-

RAISE A LIL' HELL

Calico Jack

Raiders Hollow
Raider

Master Fighter (430)

Master Navigator (285)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Critical Dodge!1KPride - PansexualOoh La LaSamhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
OverachieverUnderachiever
02-13-2024, 02:21 PM
While Calico Jack had expected to be called out, it does not stop the hurt that flashes across his face as each word seems to impact his very soul. They tear out what little self-confidence the man once had and he feels himself pulling inward. He had never been congratulated or even acknowledged when he would win his fights and the last raid he had led was successful but again there had been no recognition of him. The only time someone has said his name at a meeting was here and now and it is in anger.

Suddenly, the man understands that he is not enough and he never will be.

Shoulders slump inward as his head lowers to hide the tears that prick painfully at the back of his eyes and the rest of the meeting passes by in a haze. Rivin reads his distress and gets up, stalking off in anger and Jack’s head snaps up to follow her form as Modesty yells hurtful words after her. In one fell swoop everything that the man has ever known is being taken from him. He had been born as a Pirate, lived the life of a Raider and now he has nothing left… except for Rivin.

Others speak, their words smacking into him as if they were knives, sharpened with hate, and he releases a soft whine as he continues to watch his girlfriend’s form until it disappears. Shakily, Calico Jack stands every inch of him screaming defeat as he moves his shimmering gaze up to meet Modesty’s hard eyes. Head low, tail tucked, he says, “I’m sorry I wasn’t good Raider. I wish you all the best that life has to offer.” His words are heartfelt but filled with sorrow because he is about to walk away from everyone and everything he has ever known.

Turning to follow after Rivin, Jack pauses to scan the faces of everyone gathered as he remembers happier times. Tears finally slip free and he is unable to look back at the alphas as he pleads, “Can I… come back to visit sometime?” Waiting for the answer, he then slowly and brokenly leaves the only life he knows behind.

"Calico Jack"

Phoenix

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Beginner Intellectual (0)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod
02-15-2024, 06:23 PM

Whoowe! There was a lot going on in this meeting. Apparently, the raid had been won but in its wake, one of the alpha's kids had been mangled. Oof, that sounded like it sucked and definitely looked like it was hurting when he stole a glance at the pup that had gotten the brunt of the target packs ire. He grimaced as he watched her, but he didn't know what he could do, if anything, to help. He wasn't a healer, so that was certainly out of the question. It also seemed like Jack was in some major trouble, and as the meeting went on, it devolved into chaos. He could feel the tension in the air, so thick that it blanketed him and made him feel a little anxious! Gil had a lot to say, and so did Mod. One of the red guys kids got all huffy about something (honestly he half zoned out during the meeting, typical like his dad eh?) and before he knew it, the girl was getting booted. Okay, so from what he gathered so far, the alphas were serious serious now, and he made a mental note to start doing better for himself, too. He hadn't really left the pack much, so most of what Modesty said he was meh about. He didn't know who the hallows were or really, anyone outside of the pack here and what used to be Valhalla. Eh, there wasn't much else he needed to stick around for, so he motioned to his dad that he was leaving the meeting. Maybe he'd go and do a quick patrol or somethin'...

-exit-

"Talk," 'Think.'

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Cleanse Your Hands, You Sinners Daager Isle 12:21 PM, 01-29-2024 12:07 PM, 03-07-2024