size
-
build
-
player
Glacier
03-27-2014, 02:09 PM

Take me away. Take me away

So much had happened since the alabaster wolf had joined with the wolves of the Valhalla pack. He would look back to his time as a rogue, every bit as alone as the position of the past had called for. But here he was now, surrounded by these wolves and the events that had brought him to this moment. From his very first meeting with Lyric, the one that had spurred him onto this new life. For how she had tugged at his heart strings and his soul had soured with the melody in his heart. The gentle sweetness of Lyrics heart was everything he had valued in a wolf and he had seen it all laid out before him in her and knew he wanted nothing more in his life then to spend it beside her.

I've got nothing left to say. Just take me away

To his meeting with Liberty, the shame he still felt when the taste and tang of that memory flooded his mouth in remembrance to that intoxicating aroma. To the difficulty he had had in pulling himself away before it had been too late. He almost trembled with a little spice of hatred at himself for the weakness he had very nearly failed to overcome. The thoughts of these two memories where battled together in his mind, his love for Lyric and his near failure to her that she did not even know existed.

don't give up on me yet
don't forget who I am

He thought of more than these two memories, one bitter one sweet. He thought also of the pup Erion who had showed such enthusiasm and courage in the face of a stranger he thought had trespassed on the land of family, the promise the young wolf had shown in his quick ability to learn. He looked at this memory with an almost fatherly pride and love for the pup who had fought his way to Alpine?s heart.

know I'm not there yet
but don't let me stay here alone

He thought also of Twig, of her strength and her laughter, the smiles he himself had brought to her maw, and he the loss that had followed. His failure to make her smile again and the feeling that nothing would ever be as it had for the wolf who may just have lost too much to live this life again. He thought, lastly, of Erani, the gentle leader of this pack who had shown an ability to find remembrance and love for every single wolf who walked her land. This love-filled fae he would fight and live for her pack and who also stood as the mother to the wolf he loved. It was a lot to stand up to in his own head, to ever be as an amazing a wolf as the mother of Lyric. She must have such high expectations to the wolves of this world after living in the pack Erani ran so well.

This time all I want is you
there is no one else

Through all this remembrance he somehow found himself once again in his favourite spot of the territory. Looking down into the clear water of Wolfpaw lake and seeing the hazy blue eyes that stared back up at him. No, he could never again say he was the same wolf who had wondered homelessly against the cold and unforgiving rogue lands he had travelled before coming here. He was not the same wolf and yet he still could not let go of his own loss, his own pain and all the things that had brought him to where he was now. Still he could not forgive himself, could not see himself as a worthy wolf to love and be loved by all these he had begun to hold so near to him since becoming a Valhalla wolf. He lay down against the cool grass by the lakes edge and stared at the unrecognisable reflection staring back at him with sharp, accusing, icy eyes.

Lifehouse; Take me away

"Speech"