gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Bunni
01-31-2024, 10:21 AM
Exploration was exhausting. Especially for a pup. A pup that found himself to be rather lazy than adventurous. Not that he couldn't or wouldn't because that was exactly what he was doing, but he could still complain about it. And unfortunately, it was Hattori's cat that had to deal with it. Droning on and on about how the mud stuck between his toes or the rocks poked at the tender skin of his paw pads, Jiro hadn't really shut up until the cat finally bapped him good on the snout.

Finally taking the hint as they reached the edge of the massive oak forest, Jiro only hesitated a moment. Looking to the cat who looked back at him, he wondered how much trouble he would get into for leaving Tojo lands. Eh, oh well! "C'mon whiskers, we got some looking to do!" He didn't actually, but it was a good excuse. It was an even better excuse when a large purple flower bush started to pop up along the walls of the deep canyon. As he ventured farther down into the rocky valley, he noticed more and more of these fragrant plants. "Okāsan hasn't mentioned these before," Jiro mentions while wandering over to a particularly large bush that is buzzing with bees and butterflies. "Smells good. Wonder if its edible," the pup muses to himself as he sticks his nose deeper into the plant.

Imogen

Loner

Novice Navigator (15)

Beginner Intellectual (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lolaf
02-01-2024, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2024, 10:55 AM by Imogen. Edited 1 time in total.)

Imogen wasn't that far from home. The falls where the family's hut was was just a hop skip and a jump away... If you didn't count the amount of time it took to climb in and out of a canyon... And Imogen didn't. Besides she recognized the shape of Trill as the jay fluttered around above her. It was probably fine. Probably. Imogen wasn't gonna go far... But if course at her age it was much harder to really understand distance, especially when excitement and adventure were overpowering all good intentions.

The girl stopped practically every 5 steps or so to poke her snout into every crevasse in the wall or to watch every small animal scurrying out of sight. Somehow it never lost its novelty for her, even though about the only differences in holes she'd found was shape and scent. As she moved a completely new scent started to catch her attention. It was definitely a wolfy smell, but not one she recognized. What if it was the big bad flower stealers again? Never mind the scent was completely foreign to her meaning it couldn't have been the pack that had left their stink all over Norad in the aftermath of the raid, realizing that would require more critical thinking than her excited mind could manage right now. So when a form finally came into view, a pup around her own age, even if quite a bit bigger than herself already, poking around at a purple flower covered bush Imogen's suspicions were confirmed!

"Back to steal more flowers are ya?" Not that he could, the canyon wasn't owned by anyone but Imogen had been itching to defend her family since that day. She was doing a terrible job. Her words might have been harsh if her face hadn't broken out into a wide grin and her tone been more playful than threatening. For a moment she stood rod still, legs wide and tail straight up behind her, then she dropped into a play bow and with a teasing growl started bouncing from side to side, hoping she and this other kid were about to play some kind of game. Truely Norad's staunchest defender.

"Speech"

Base by HoundSnack
[Image: frvmqag.png]

Jiro

Tojo-kai
Atotsugi

Master Hunter (280)

Expert Healer (145)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Bunni
02-01-2024, 11:02 AM
His sharp puppy teeth are reaching out to grab ahold of one of the lavender stems. The loud crunch sound causes his ears to perk up and his tongue presses against the roof of his mouth at the odd taste that slips out from the broken plant. Pulling it away, he tries to look at the pretty purple flower but his snout is getting in the way. "Whithkers, whath flowther ith thith?" Jiro tries to talk to the cat without dropping his prize. The cat simply stares at him, blank faced and utterly bored, unwilling to give in to the boy's shenanigans. Letting out a huff, he finally drops it into a bag that is strung over the cat's shoulder.

Diving head first back into the large bush, he enjoys the calming scent and sound of bees buzzing around him. Deep in the canyon, he doesn't expect anyone else to be here. So far, they hadn't seen a single other soul than a few mice or weasels. Small animals that weren't worth his time trying to chase. Continuing to pluck flowers to bring home to mama so she can tell him what it is, he is taken by full surprise when someone shouts at him. Fur puffs up, tail tucks quickly between his legs, and his ears perk as he whips around to see the girl bent down into a bow, bouncing back and forth with a shit-eating grin.

His eyes are wide as he watches her. Flower thief? What was she talking about? "I din' know these were yours," he says slowly, his brow furrowing now as he stands there, confused and covered in flower pollen. "This your home?" Jiro asks, looking around, but not noticing any sort of pack scent like he did back home. When he looks back at her, he does notice that she looking rather playful instead of aggressive. Was she wanting to play?

Walking forward to her, Jiro sticks out a paw and attempts to bop her on the head. As soon as he pulls back a paw, he takes off down the canyon, tail still tucked between his legs, looking back with his own shit-eating grin. "If ya think I'm stealin', then ya better come catch me!" He calls out before picking up the pace.

Imogen

Loner

Novice Navigator (15)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lolaf
02-01-2024, 11:31 AM

It wasn't long into her hoping side to side that her tongue started to loll from her jaw, her tail helicoptering so vigorously it was a wonder she stayed on the ground. The boy looked confused for a moment. Uncertain. And then he'd said he hadn't realized the flowers were hers (which they weren't) and asked if she lived here. (She did not.) But Imogen was already deep in her imagined game. "Yeah I do!" The lopsided grin never left her face and she could not lie convincingly to save her life. Somehow Imogen's tail wagged even harder as he approached, she watched as a forepaw lifted and reached out and-

Bop. The girl blinked a few times feeling the lightest of stings from the playful whack, more surprised than actually hurt. But that was all it took. The boy gave her a grin and a taunt of his own before he started to peel away. A chase! Imogen loved chases! She loved any activity that involved running honestly. With a giggle the girl dashed after the other pup. "Get back here!" There was still exactly zero threat in her voice, she was just playing her part. She was the intrepid hero chasing a thief! And she loved to run! Maybe if she could get close it'd turn into a race! She loved races even more than chases.

"Speech"

Base by HoundSnack

Jiro

Tojo-kai
Atotsugi

Master Hunter (280)

Expert Healer (145)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Bunni
02-07-2024, 01:56 PM
Her holler reached deaf ears as Jiro continued to barrel down the canyon floor. His tongue practically flapped in the wind from his open mouth as he focuses on avoiding rocks and puddles. Though unlike Imogen, Jiro is not meant for endurance. He's too lazy. Sloughing off chores and unless he's hunting a tasty mouse, he never cared to actually run. So he tires quickly. Paws slowing though he tries to push the pace. When he looks back, he sees her catching up.

"You'll never catch me!" Jiro calls back, knowing that's a lie. Huffing and puffing as much as he can, he surges forward. "First one," pant, pant, "to that," pant, try not to trip, "bush, wins!" He thinks he's shouting but through his labored breath, he isn't sure she understands him. Either way, if he makes it first, he wins!

Jiro vs Imogen for Race
Round 1/1 (previous post is kinda first round anyway?)
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Heavy
Skills: Beginner Hunter & Beginner Healer

Imogen

Loner

Novice Navigator (15)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lolaf
02-07-2024, 02:44 PM

Imogen couldn't help herself, giggling as she ran. Imogen was still too young to understand the difference in their physicality and if the boy had one advantage it was his height. For every one of his strides Imogen needed at least two... Luckily for her she was used to moving fast. "You're on!" She shouted as she heard his panting challenge. Imogen dug in, seeming to stop for a moment as she coiled. Then... Release. Imogen ran like she'd never run before, her head lowering and ears flattening as instinctively she made herself more streamlined, paws slamming against the ground with a fervour. Imogen had to win, it was how she'd protect her family! Don't question that logic.

Imogen vs Jiro for Race
Round 1/1
Size: Medium
Build: Light
Skills: Beginner Navigator & Beginner Intellectual

"Speech"

Base by HoundSnack

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
02-17-2024, 04:27 PM

And the winner is...

Imogen

Jiro is really REALLY slow.

Totals:

Jiro:
Speed Roll: 10
Stamina Roll: 19
Balance Roll: 9
Total: 38
Speed[10] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 10.00
Stamina[19] + 15% Bonus[2.85]: 21.85
Balance[9] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 9.00
Total[40.85] + -30% Bonus[-12.26]: 28.59

Imogen:
Speed Roll: 47
Stamina Roll: 15
Balance Roll: 61
Total: 123
Speed[47] + 5% Bonus[2.35]: 49.35
Stamina[15] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 15.00
Balance[61] + 5% Bonus[3.05]: 64.05
Total[128.40] + -30% Bonus[-38.52]: 89.88

Jiro

Tojo-kai
Atotsugi

Master Hunter (280)

Expert Healer (145)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Bunni
03-12-2024, 07:45 AM
His bulkier weight and lack of endurance is the hindrance to his loss. Just as he thinks he's going to win, the girl zooms ahead of him to the bush. Dust flies up around him as he scrambles to a stop. Barely avoiding crashing into the bush, Jiro turns to the girl. Panting, his tongue hanging from his mouth, he shows her a wide smile. "You're fast," he mentions, his tail wagging softly behind him. "But I'm no flower thief," Jiro insists as he takes the couple steps toward the similar bush he had been inspected earlier. "I was just hoping to take a few back to my mama," he adds, a tilt of his head as he looks from the bush to the girl. "You sure this your home?" The canyon didn't smell likes wolves lived here, at least from what he could tell and his father's cat would've mentioned it if he had trespassed.

Imogen

Loner

Novice Navigator (15)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lolaf
03-19-2024, 07:07 PM

Imogen doesn't just make it to the bush before him she practically crashes through it before he got there, falling into it's branches. Once her paws were safely under her again she hopped out of the shrub, tail moving a mile a minute and her tongue lolling happily from her jaws. She watched the boy as he spoke, frowning for a moment before she remembered! Right! She'd been accusing him of being the flower stealers! The girl took a cautious step forwards, sniffing him and getting probably a little too close. (She hadn't developed a good sense of personal space yet considering she was mostly surrounded by family.) Taking a few good sniffs she fell onto her rump with a thwump and frowned again.

"Yeah... You don't smell like the flower stealers." She said, confused, somehow managing to get the game and reality a little jumbled. Plus... He was right. Her cheeks flushed with colour and she dropped her gaze for a moment. Imogen knew it wasn't right to lie but she hadn't meant to. "S'not my home." She mumbled, kicking at the ground. "M'sorry I didn't mean to lie." The look she gave the boy as she lifted her gaze again was a painfully genuine one, seeking his forgiveness.

"Speech"

Base by HoundSnack

Jiro

Tojo-kai
Atotsugi

Master Hunter (280)

Expert Healer (145)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Bunni
04-18-2024, 09:21 AM
Jiro listens as he snags some more lavender from the bush. It's floral scent makes his nose tickle, but he holds back the sneeze. "Is all good, I ain't holdin' grudges," his shoulders shrug as he gives the bundle of purple flowers to the cat that stands near his ankles. Once his mouth is free, he looks at Imogem, his tail wagging softly. "I forgive ya. We could totally be friends if you want," his smile grows wider before taking a step closer to her. "I'm Jiro by the way, I live over in Tojo-Kai if you ever wanna come visit," a paw lifts and bops the girl gently on the shoulder. "I should prolly get goin' now though. M'dad's cat won't like me stayin' out much longer," Jiro side eyes the cat who sits nearby, not so patiently waiting with its tail flicking back and forth.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. i've gained freedom and yet... its lonesome Bent Canyon 10:21 AM, 01-31-2024 07:13 AM, 05-07-2024