gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

UnderachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La La
02-14-2024, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2024, 04:56 PM by Stjarna. Edited 1 time in total.)
I wish you could see me for something more than the things I'm confined and condemned to be

Stjarna stuck by the healer on his duties, even so far as to tag along on herb hunting trips. She was feeling better since her rescue and eager to see more of the lands in these parts. They had settled in a lush valley full of emerald green grass and while Álarr set up camp Stjarna bounded around in the grass, chasing after crickets and generally having a good time. Star was eager to practice her sparring. Maybe there was someone around here that could spar her? Or maybe she could pester Álarr into a few lessons later after the older man had his tea. He was always more agreeable after tea.

Speech

ooc: Álarr is present nearby, I just don't feel like posting him.

Ripper

Insomnia
Reaper

Expert Fighter (180)

Novice Hunter (15)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Critical Fail!1K
02-14-2024, 06:42 PM

Mama was taking him on a little hunting trip in the nearby valley, a place she said would be perfect to learn as it was teeming with prey large and small that he could practice his hunting skills with. After they got there, Medusa offered him a little challenge. He had the basics down enough to try on his own, and he desperately wanted to do just that and not feel like he had to be babysat the whole time! Once he was able to get his mother to agree with the promise that he would remain nearby, the young boy set off haphazardly through the valley, nose to the ground as he sought his own prey!

What he found instead, was not prey in the normal sense, but something shiny and blue! He eyed the other pup for a little bit, and eventually began to creep his way toward her. Head tilted to the side as he moved. She looked shinier than any wolf he'd seen before. Was that normal? He needed to get a better look! Could he take her home? Would mom care? Probably. He heard the pack was pretty full, but he didn't really know what that meant. Either way, he was eager to find out why this girl was so shiny! "Hey you! Why're you so shiny!?" Might as well start with that, right?

“Ripper wants to talk!”

While a pup, assume Medusa/Medusa's companions are somewhere nearby!

Stjarna

Avalon
Hunter

Master Fighter (270)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

02-14-2024, 06:54 PM
I wish you could see me for something more than the things I'm confined and condemned to be

Stjarna slunk down into the grass, eyeing a cluster of locusts settled on the grass in front of her. She stalked for a few feet then sprang at the creatures, sending them leaping and flipping into the sky. She scrambled after them but wasn't quite able to catch the nimble insects. Hmm… maybe she'd have better luck elsewhere. She went to move her hunting location when she saw a boy approach. He asked her why she was so shiny and she looked down at her self. Shiny? She looked back at him and shrugged. "I don't know. I can make them zap though! Say, say, say! Do you want to spar? I'm need to practice in case I run into a bear again. Álarr says bears like to eat pups that don't listen and do what they're told. I figure if I learn to fight the bears then I can do whatever I want!"

Speech

Ripper

Insomnia
Reaper

Expert Fighter (180)

Novice Hunter (15)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Critical Fail!1K
02-14-2024, 09:10 PM

Ooh her fur could zap things!? He wasn't entirely sure what that meant, but it sounded like he was about to have some fun! "Ooohh you've fought a bear!? Ripper wants to fight a bear!" Granted he had never seen one, so he had no idea what they looked like let alone ever seen one! Then she brought up a spar, and his tail immediately started to wag as he dropped in a play bow, cheshire grin spreading. "Oooh! Ripper's mum Medusa said to stay away from cougars until we're bigger! Redrum almost got eaten by one! Also yes, Ripper wants to spar with Zappy!" Yep, that was officially her name now!

He turned and put a few feet between them, hackles rising in defensive fashion as he grinned again. "Ready or not! Ripper's comin' for ya!" He charged at her, looking to go for a head on approach. He sought to slam his chest with hers, head turning in toward her as he opened his jaws, aiming to grab her scruff with jagged teeth.

Ripper vs Stjarna (aka Zappy) for Spar
Round: 1/?
Size: Extra large
Build: Light
Mutation 1: Shark Teeth - Offensive
Mutation 2: Talons - Offensive
Skills: Beginner Fighter & Beginner Hunter

“Ripper wants to talk!”

Stjarna

Avalon
Hunter

Master Fighter (270)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

02-14-2024, 09:21 PM

Stjarna wasn't sure why the boy wanted to fight a bear but maybe he wanted to do what he wanted as well instead of always listening to the adults. Bears were scary! It took her a second to realize the boys name was Ripper, that his mother was Medusa, and then she guessed that Redrum was one of his siblings? She wasn't sure what a cougar was but she definitely didn't want to meet something that would eat pups. He called her Zappy and she giggled. "It's Stjarna, actually, but that's ok if you want to call me Zappy." Her fur stood on end, hackles raised as her ears pinned back. Her tail was a little puffball as she fluffed herself up.

The boy charged straight for her and Stjarna dove in low, seeking to grab the boy's left wrist in her jaws. She realized too late the bad thing about going for a target so close to the front that left her opponents head free for his jaws immediately clamped onto her scruff, down closer to her shoulders. Noo! She instinctively released a zap of electricity, trying to make him let go of her.

Stjarna vs Ripper for Spar
Round 1/2?
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Medium
Mutation 1: Cat Paws - Offensive
Mutation 2: Electrolytes - Defensive
Mutation 3: Thick Skin - Defensive
Specialty:

Speech

Ripper

Insomnia
Reaper

Expert Fighter (180)

Novice Hunter (15)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Critical Fail!1K
02-14-2024, 10:02 PM

Stjarna! He would commit that name to memory. But he would probably end up forgetting and still call her Zappy in the future, especially because she said it was okay! And of course, she would hold true to that name. Because as she dove for his leg and he went for that bite on her scruff, he didn't know the true meaning of zappy until it hit him. The moment he got a bite, he felt a weird shock surge across his tongue and mouth, completely catching him by surprise. He immediately let go and jumped in shock! "Owowowow!" His reaction was more from surprise than it was from pain, but he swore he could feel his tongue tingling! Still, he wasn't able to get out of the way in time as he felt her jaws close around his left wrist, preventing him from being able to get away from that weirdness of her fur!

Well heck! She was really zappy! How was he supposed to fight somethin' like that!? This threw him for a loop because his mother never mentioned anything like that happening before! Welp, he supposed he had to...push through and deal with it or figure something out. Make it quick so he wouldn't get shocked as much, right? In a last ditch effort, Ripper tossed his head at hers, hoping to quickly headbutt her and dislodge her from his leg. If he got shocked, well...hopefully it wouldn't hurt as much as the first one...

Ripper vs Stjarna (aka Zappy) for Spar
Round: 2/2
Size: Extra large
Build: Light
Mutation 1: Shark Teeth - Offensive
Mutation 2: Talons - Offensive

“Ripper wants to talk!”

Stjarna

Avalon
Hunter

Master Fighter (270)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

02-17-2024, 07:58 PM

Stjarna felt the boy let go after she zapped him, returning her back to all four paws on the ground. She grinned as her teeth found purchase on his wrist. She had a grip! Hooray! Now what? Star kicked off with her hind legs, seeking to push his leg back and hopefully destabilize him. As she attempted this she felt his head collide with the back of her neck. Oof! She grunted but kept hold of the boy's wrist. It was her best chance to try and topple him and she wasn't going to let go just yet. All the while she was sure to keep her ears and her tail pinned.

Stjarna vs Ripper for Spar
Round 2/2
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Medium
Mutation 1: Cat Paws - Offensive
Mutation 2: Electrolytes - Defensive
Mutation 3: Thick Skin - Defensive
Specialty:

Speech

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
02-18-2024, 03:35 PM

And the winner is...

Stjarna

Ripper must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Stjarna:
Attack Roll: 74
Defense Roll: 98
Agility Roll: 29
Perception Roll: 73
Total: 274
Attack[74] + 25% Bonus[18.50]: 92.50
Defense[98] + 15% Bonus[14.70]: 112.70
Agility[29] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 29.00
Perception[73] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 73.00
Total[307.20] + -30% Bonus[-92.16]: 215.04

Ripper:
Attack Roll: 99
Defense Roll: 32
Agility Roll: 17
Perception Roll: 46
Total: 194
Attack[99] + 15% Bonus[14.85]: 113.85
Defense[32] + 5% Bonus[1.60]: 33.60
Agility[17] + 5% Bonus[0.85]: 17.85
Perception[46] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 46.00
Total[211.30] + -30% Bonus[-63.39]: 147.91

Ripper

Insomnia
Reaper

Expert Fighter (180)

Novice Hunter (15)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Critical Fail!1K
02-25-2024, 08:36 PM

Well, it was safe to say he didn't quite know what he was doing yet and the girl bested him. The grip she had on his leg coupled with her pushing forward caused him to stumble. His swinging his head at her while he was unbalanced also didn't help him, and he found himself on the ground faster than he realized. He immediately scrambled away the moment he got a chance, unwilling to get zapped again. At least, unwilling today. "She wins! She wins!" He cried out, giving her the favor of the fight. Was he happy about it? No. But he was aware now that he needed more practice.

He gave her a few moments to catch her breath, too. "Zappy Star is good! That was Ripper's first fight!" He eyed her somewhat warily, unsure if she might want to have another go right away or not. Before he could say anything, his belly grumbled. "Ah, Ripper is hungry now after that! He needs to find some food..." He was about to turn and head home, but then figured he wasn't in any particular rush to go back home right this second. There was plenty of prey here, and chasing something down sounded like more fun! Turning back to her, he asked "Does Star want to hunt with Ripper?"

“Ripper wants to talk!”

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. The Grass is Greener [Ripper] Emerald Valley 04:55 PM, 02-14-2024 10:45 PM, 03-25-2024