size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

UnderachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La La
02-14-2024, 05:05 PM
I wish you could see me for something more than the things I'm confined and condemned to be

Stjarna slunk down amongst the roots of the tree, too scared to move, too scared to cry out. The nurse-maid had dropped her off here, near a pack border, wished her the best of luck and then simply disappeared. It had been a harrowing journey for harrowing reasons and Star just wished she'd wake up already. She squeezed her eyes shut. The sun was almost set and the air grew chillier, it was then she heard the sound of something big moving around in the forest. Her fur stood on end. Oh no! She looked around wildly then screamed as she saw a giant grizzly bear heading toward her, drool lacing its massive fangs.

Speech

Merlin

Avalon
Apprentice

Advanced Fighter (65)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Hermes
02-14-2024, 06:00 PM

Avalon is a peaceful pack, filled with lots of prey animals so, to the young Merlin, that means they should be extra careful of any predators that might linger near their borders. Tracing familiar pathways around his home, the yearling reinforces scent markers and checks for any threats that might be hiding near-by as the sun moves toward the horizon. The musk of a large grizzly bear practically inside of their borders smacks him across his nose and he is off and running. The young scream that follows on the heels of the scent only propels across the land faster and he doesn’t hesitate to tip his head back as he runs to boom a request for help.

Bursting onto the scene, he sees a terrified pup cowering before a huge grizzly as it lumbers toward the unknown pup. With a snarl, Merlin leaps forward, placing his frame between the bear and the stranger, snapping at the beast’s face in a warning to back off. Tail snaps up over his spine, fur standing on end as he plants his paws, facing down the hulking terror without a second thought. It roars at him, the predator clearly upset that the boy has come between it and an easy meal. Lunging forward, Merlin attempts to press the grizzly back in an effort to create space between it and the pup but he is forced to dance backward to avoid a clawed paw that is aimed at his head.

Silently, Merlin hopes someone more experienced will show up to help.

"Merlin Destruction"

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
02-25-2024, 12:31 PM

Álarr gathered a mix of fruit, seeking to make a fruit wine that he could later use with some of his tinctures. He'd also considered maybe doing some elderberry wine. He was in the midst of gathering the berries when he heard a child scream. Immediately he dropped what he was doing and raced toward the source of the sound, assuming it was one of Avalon's young one's in trouble. He arrived to find himself half right. A large grizzly bear was menacing a blue-pelted child and Merlin was in the midst of it all trying to hold off the bear.

Álarr didn't pause, instead running faster to build up momentum before lowering his horns and slamming into the bear's side. A roar of pain ripped from the beast's jaws as Álarr's horns ripped right through its flesh and into its abdomen. The beast snarled and turned, trying to reach him.

Stjarna

Avalon
Hunter

Master Fighter (270)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

02-25-2024, 12:35 PM
I wish you could see me for something more than the things I'm confined and condemned to be

Stjarna frizzed up, her fur on end, the bear lunged and she swiped it across the nose with her claws. It snarled, wiping at its nose but the little attack was only a momentary distraction as the bear went to lunge for her. Star's heart raced but before the bear could reach her a yearling boy placed himself between her and the bear, snarling and snapping at it, pushing the creature back. Stjarna wanted to help but in the moment she was paralyzed with fear and uncertain what to do. At that moment another wolf arrived, an older one with horns, he immediately stabbed the bear and it whirled on him, its attention entirely only the man.

She couldn't let them fight alone, not for her, so she charged forward, slamming her side into the bear's lower hind leg claws digging in as she released an electric shock from her limbs.

Speech

Merlin

Avalon
Apprentice

Advanced Fighter (65)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Hermes
02-25-2024, 03:56 PM

Merlin pushes the bear back, gaining precious inches between the grizzly and the terrified pup. Thankfully, Álarr appears, not hesitating to lower his spiraling horns to gore the bear in the side. Relief floods the yearling as it quickly rounds on the older male but, the pup he has been trying to protect, suddenly slips past him to rush in and attack one of bear’s back leg.

Without hesitating, the earthen hued boy charges forward, rushing in toward the creature’s side that has been exposed to him so he can harass the mighty beast. Snapping, snarling, and making a huge ruckus, he then bites into the area behind its ribs and twists his head, tearing off a big chuck of fat and fur.

His intention was to pull the huge predator’s attention off of his pack mate and the pup so that they can be safe to deal this trespassing predator more damage. It roars, swinging toward him to swipe a fat, clawed paw his way and Merlin is forced to duck underneath and roll away to avoid being hurt. Spring up to his paws, he growls and readies to end this fight.

"Merlin Destruction"

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Promptober 2019
02-28-2024, 08:49 PM

Álarr tensed, feeling the strain on his neck muscles as the bear finally struck, back-handing him sharply away and dislodging his horns. With one nuisance removed the bear focused back on the yearling. Álarr stumbled to his feet, shaking out his head and trying to get his bearings. He saw Merlin doing his best to hold the bear's attention. This time Álarr circled round to the bear's front, standing next to Merlin for a moment til he lowered his head and snarled, jumping forward and brandishing his horns. The bear roared and stood up, taking a few steps back. Blood was seeping from the earlier wounds now that there was nothing to stop the flow.

Stjarna

Avalon
Hunter

Master Fighter (270)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

02-28-2024, 08:54 PM

The bear roared and Star held on as long as she could before she was flung off and sent rolling along the ground. She struggled to get back to her feet, feeling dazed. She saw the other boy barking and snarling at the bear, holding onto its attention while the older man readied another attack. Star bounded up, racing over to join the others in snarling at the wolf, trying to drive it away. She frizzed up, hackles raised to make herself look as big as possible. Not that it probably made too much of a difference but hopefully the bear would realize how risky it was to fight 3 to 1.

Speech

Merlin

Avalon
Apprentice

Advanced Fighter (65)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Hermes
03-12-2024, 03:32 PM

The bear backhands Álarr away, sending the man tumbling and Merlin is quick to gain the angry ursine’s attention to allow his packmate some time to recover. Fur bristles as he snaps and snarls, showing the bear that he is not to be taken lightly as he lunges in to bite at its face. The grizzly roars, planting its back paws to raise up as the yearling is joined by the older male and the pup. Eyes dart between the pair and he knows that, together, they will push this bear back and off of Avalon land.

Tail snaps up, arching over his spine in a show of dominance and Merlin presses forward, encroaching on the grizzly’s space as it also tries to show how fearsome it is. It roars, swinging a paw at the yearling and this time he does not retreat, instead swinging his head to intercept the clawed appendage and deliver a sharp, painful to the tender pad. The paw is retracted and he willing let’s go, not wishing to get tossed away simply because he held on a little too long.

Darting a glance to Álarr, Merlin dips his head slightly, showing the man his readiness to follow his lead at this point, knowing that the horned male has more experience driving off predators than he does. With that, he times works to time his movements with the man while also trying to be protective of the pup that earned the ire of the huge bear.

"Merlin Destruction"

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
03-23-2024, 09:43 AM

Álarr leapt forward, brandishing his horns and the bear twisted to the side to land on all fours, shuffling away from him. The large predator eyed the group of wolves one last time before turning and stumbling away. Álarr remained tensed and ready, just in case the beast changed its mind but thankfully it raced away and didn't turn back. Álarr let out a sigh and turned to the boy with a nod. "Good work, Merlin. Thank you."

He then turned to the strange pup that had been the start of all this. "Are you alright, young one? What are you doing out here? Where are your parents?" He would have thought the commotion would have brought them running and yet he saw no sign of any adult strangers. That did not bode well and he had a sinking feeling the pup had been abandoned.

Stjarna

Avalon
Hunter

Master Fighter (270)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

04-06-2024, 07:57 AM

Stjarna breathed a sigh of relief as the bear finally turned and left. She collapsed, flopping on her rear and taking great gulps of air. The horned man came over to her, asking her if she was alright and she nodded. That was the easy question. When he asked about her parents suddenly everything welled up inside her and she burst into tears. She struggled to speak but finally managed to choke out a few words. "She… left… me." She'd been taken to this land and dumped and then almost eaten and she didn't know what to do. She looked up at the man with a pleading look.

Speech

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
04-06-2024, 02:58 PM

Álarr flinched as the girl began to cry, mumbled words that led him to the conclusion that she'd been abandoned. Well, shit. He didn't know how to comfort her, let alone what to do with her. The only thing that was clear was that he couldn't simply just toss her out on her own, nor could he return her to the mother only for her to be re-abandoned. Fuck, what was he getting himself into. "Easy, easy. You'll be ok. You can stay with me here in Avalon. I'm sure my alphess won't mind. She's a very nice lady, very smart. You'll like her." Álarr tipped back his head and howled for Corbie, hoping she could add some order to this mess they'd found themselves in.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Bear Attack! The Orchard 05:05 PM, 02-14-2024 09:03 PM, 05-27-2024