size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

UnderachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La La
02-25-2024, 08:41 AM
I wish you could see me for something more than the things I'm confined and condemned to be

Stjarna liked this island much better than the weird smelling green one they'd been to earlier. Álarr said there was some sort of special herb here that he needed. In the mean time Stjarna just wandered about in the vicinity, sniffing plants and watching the birds. Some of those birds she'd like very much to catch. Her eyes followed a a white ibis with a black head that moved through the rushes hunting small frogs and fish. Star herself had thought about snatching up a frog but for now she settled down in the sun and watched the birds moving through. They didn't seem overly worried about the wolves, probably due to the lack of natural predators on this small island.

Speech

ooc: Álarr is present nearby

Ronan

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Navigator (275)

Aggressor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Ali

Island HopperExplorerRapid Poster - Silver1K
02-25-2024, 11:49 AM

Another day, another island. Most of those he'd set paw upon could hardly be considerable inhabitable, either too cold or too rocky, the landscape more hassle than it was worth to traverse. But this place? A neat cluster of tropical islands, not too far off the shore and only separated by thin strips of sea, it was a nice change of pace to be honest. The summer sun quickly dried off his pelt as he wandered the shoreline, palm trees and tropical grasses swaying gently in the breeze. He paused as he came across some feathers strewn across the sand, white and airy, perhaps a species native to this island?

He glanced further inland, seeing a blob of blue and catching the scent of an adult - her guardian, he presumed. What were the chances of them crossing paths again? Slim, he would have thought, though he wondered if she was after birds again.

table coding by bunni ♥
[Image: PzMsxDx.png]

Stjarna

Avalon
Hunter

Master Fighter (270)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

02-25-2024, 12:10 PM
I wish you could see me for something more than the things I'm confined and condemned to be

Stjarna hadn't noticed the man, instead focusing on the birds. She rather liked eating birds when she could catch them but for every one she managed to catch at least a dozen slipped through her grasp. She could see why they weren't a popular prey choice. A lot of energy for not a lot of reward. Still, she was keen to try again. Star slunk down into the brush, moving through it quietly as she stalked toward the group of ibis, in particular the injured one. She could see it wobble on its injured leg as it moved through the marsh. Every so often its head would dip below the water. As she got closer she waited and once its head dipped back below the water again she sprang forward into the shallows, claws slamming into the side of the bird, fangs latching on as it tried to take off.

Speech

Ronan

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Navigator (275)

Aggressor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Ali

02-25-2024, 12:34 PM

Ronan's ears perked at the kerfuffle, but he made no move to ruin the pup's hunting ventures. He wouldn't say as much, but it was good she was teaching herself and that more importantly she was sticking to smaller game whilst she was young. He knew too many kids who bit off more than they could chew, only to end up dead. A sigh passed his lips, his brows furrowing as he refocused on his surroundings- he wasn't here to reminiscence, eh was getting the lay of the land, one territory at a time.

Scaling an incline of rocks, he squinted into the distance as he watched the other islands. There were far smaller than this one, so much so that he doubted they were more than just clusters of rock and sand. Maybe a few lizards lived there, but probably nothing else, least of all of value. He pressed on, moving over the uneven terrain with ease till he came across a cave, a rounded entrance that didn't seem to go that far back. Not like the other subterranean places he'd ventured into.

Ronan Bo-Bonan

table coding by bunni ♥

Stjarna

Avalon
Hunter

Master Fighter (270)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

02-28-2024, 09:15 PM

Although a pup, Stjarna's body weight was still greater than that of the ibis and the duo crashed into the ground. The birds good wing beat against her and the ground but her touch skin absorbed the blows as her hind legs kicked out, ripping feathers and shifting the bird until she had it pinned. In a fluid motion she released the wing and latched onto its neck instead. Her fangs bit hard and true and in moments the bird was dead. A mess of feathers lay strewn about the area but she had her prize. Seizing it in her jaws she started to trot back over to where her guardian lay waiting.

Speech

Ronan

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Navigator (275)

Aggressor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Ali

02-29-2024, 04:39 AM

Deciding he didn't feel like spelunking today, Ronan moved back out into the open, pausing a moment to draw in the warm summer breeze. It was warm out here, would have been uncomfortably so if it wasn't for the water still dripping from his belly. He would have thought such an island would have been more popular than it was, but from what he could smell not many wolves seemed to come here.

Not any more at least. As he roamed, wandering past clusters of rocks he came across what appeared to be dug out caches that had long since been abandoned, empty of course since little critters and opportunists would have long since pilfered what remained. From what he could see no one had used this as a den site, so maybe it was just a lesser used territory? More land was important to allow the pack to house more wolves, but some just preferred to stick to the regions they were used to.

He moved back to the beach, wide paws leaving tracks in his wake. He figured he'd seen about all that was available on this small island, time to move on.

table coding by bunni ♥

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Birbs! Ibis Islands 08:41 AM, 02-25-2024 06:05 AM, 03-13-2024