ardent

What were you expecting? It's a dangerous place.

lunarcat

Redrum

"All my troubles on the burning pile, All lit up and I start to smile."

Insomnia
Soul

Master Fighter (355)

Master Hunter (285)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Hawk-Eyed Hawk-Eyed

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

Double MasterScarredSnake EyesRapid Poster - Gold
02-27-2024, 04:33 PM

It's verbatim and it's shakin'

R̶ E̶ D̶ R̶ U̶ M̶

In the heart of the sprawling plain, where blood and the occasional bone lay, stood Redrum. His crimson fur, vibrantly seemed to catch fire in the sunlight – as well as marked him like a bloody target to any and all.

Redrum's golden eyes gleamed with determination as he surveyed the area, his lengthy ears attuned to every rustle and whisper of the wind. He had come here with a singular purpose: to challenge another wolf to a spar. It was a rite of passage, a test of his skills and bravery that would prove him worthy among his peers. His mother did it often, so it had its merits, right?

The scent of earth and grass filled his nostrils, mingling with the faint traces of blood that lingered in the air. This plain was no stranger to conflict, its soil soaked with the history of countless battles fought between wolves of all sizes and strengths. But Redrum was undeterred. He knew that to become stronger, he must face challenges head-on, no matter the risks. So, the boy lifted his skull to the sky and released a long howl, a call to another nearby soul – a challenge.

murder
Code by TR

Redrum speaks in third person, known as illeism.
He deals with neurological issues from head trauma,
Causing disruptions in speech and movement,
Making him appear twitchy, with uncontrollable tics affecting every muscle.

Assume he isn't wearing his skull mask unless specified.

Stjarna

Avalon
Hunter

Master Fighter (270)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

UnderachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La La
02-27-2024, 06:06 PM
I wish you could see me for something more than the things I'm confined and condemned to be

Now nearly at the six-month mark, Stjarna was given more freedom to roam from Álarr, though the man insisted on at least being within calling range. Once again they'd made a trip to the Battlefield so Star could get more sparring practice while Álarr worked on a few of his projects. The summer sun was low on the horizon, casting an orange glow of the plain. Star hunted for a good place to spar, pausing when she heard a young voice call for an opponent. Her brow knit in determination.

Star shifted her course to arrive at the source of the call where a red-pelted boy waited for an opponent. She grinned. "Hey there, I'm Star. I'll spar you!" She squared off against him, setting her defenses and allowing him the first move.

Speech

ooc: Álarr is present nearby

Redrum

Insomnia
Soul

Master Fighter (355)

Master Hunter (285)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

02-27-2024, 06:53 PM

R̶ E̶ D̶ R̶ U̶ M̶

As if summoned by destiny, a fellow wolf emerged from the foliage. She was young like him, lithe and spirited, her blue-gray fur marked with electricity that all but sparked in the sunlight. With a grin that he very well thought seemed mischievous, she approached Redrum, her defenses set easily as she answered his call. "Hey there, I'm Star," She greeted him, her voice laced with confidence. "I'll spar you!"

Redrum's ears perked up at the challenge, and a surge of excitement coursed through his veins. This was the moment he had been waiting for – a chance to prove his strength and agility. With a nod of acceptance, he squared off against Star, his young heart pounding with anticipation. His own grin spread across his face, and he reminded himself to keep his speech short and sweet, that way there was little time for his odd speech pattern to become obvious. “Hi. It’s Redrum.” His head dipped down, paws spreading for balance as hackles raised. Then, in a blur of motion, he lunged forward, aiming to catch Star off guard as he was given the first move. His jaws snapping with ferocious determination, he tried to catch her shoulder – an almost playful gleam shining through his golden gaze.

Redrum vs Stjarna for Spar
Round 1/2
Size: Extra large
Build: Heavy
Companion 1: Merlin Falcon, Female - Perception
Skills: Advanced Fighter & Expert Hunter
Specialty:

murder
Code by TR

Stjarna

Avalon
Hunter

Master Fighter (270)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

02-27-2024, 08:11 PM
I wish you could see me for something more than the things I'm confined and condemned to be

The boy introduced himself as Redrum and he set himself to get ready to spar. Stjarna followed suit, pinning her ears to her head, tail tucking as her hackles raised. Her limbs coiled, ready to spring as her shoulders rolled forward. She tried to calm her nerves, to ignore the sound of her heart beating in her ears. Suddenly the boy darted forward towards her. Star kicked off hard, seeking to meet him before she ducked to her left, seeking to race along his left side for his hind leg. The movement slightly displaced the boy's attack, his fangs grazing the top of her right shoulder Her jaws flew open as she tried to seize his right knee.

Stjarna vs Redrum for Spar
Round 1/2
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Medium
Mutation 1: Cat Paws - Offensive
Mutation 2: Electrocytes - Defensive
Mutation 3: Thick Skin - Defensive
Skills: Advanced Fighter & Intermediate Hunter
Specialty:

Speech

Redrum

Insomnia
Soul

Master Fighter (355)

Master Hunter (285)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

02-27-2024, 09:46 PM

R̶ E̶ D̶ R̶ U̶ M̶

With a quick introduction, Redrum wasted no time in launching himself forward, his muscles coiled like a snake as he aimed to catch Star off guard with his first move. Wasn’t that the whole point of making the first move? But Star was no easy opponent.

As Redrum lunged, Star reacted with lightning-fast reflexes, her own body tensing as she prepared to meet his attack head-on. With a swift kick-off, she met him halfway, her agility surpassing his own as she dodged to the left, narrowly avoiding his initial strike in full force as his teeth grazed the top of her shoulder.

The exchange was swift and exhilarating, each move executed with a blend of inexperience and instinct alone. As Star's jaws flew open to seize his right knee, Redrum felt the thrill of excitement mingled with the sting of her fangs against his flesh. His first strike was not low enough to make purchase, so he opted to attempt a secondary bite as they came into closer contact, aimed at her scruff. The vermillion boy’s tail lashed in enthusiasm – this girl was pushing him to match her intensity with his own and he felt the pressure to make it a good fight all the more.

Redrum vs Stjarna for Spar
Round 2/2
Size: Extra large
Build: Heavy
Companion 1: Merlin Falcon, Female - Perception
Skills: Advanced Fighter & Expert Hunter
Specialty:

murder
Code by TR

Stjarna

Avalon
Hunter

Master Fighter (270)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

02-28-2024, 09:01 PM

Stjarna's fangs connected, tagging the boy's knee. She felt a rush as the attack connected, but from her position she couldn't fully see what was going on behind her. As she moved for her next attack she felt fangs dig into her scruff as Redrum's attack connected, digging into the back of her neck several inches up from her shoulder blades. Instinctively, Stjarna released an electric shock from her skin, seeking to jolt the boy and get him to let go of her. Not willing to rely on the defensive mutation alone, Star's head rotated in toward the boy, seeking to nip at his side in the crevice where his thigh connected to his side.

Stjarna vs Redrum for Spar
Round 2/2
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Medium
Mutation 1: Cat Paws - Offensive
Mutation 2: Electrocytes - Defensive
Mutation 3: Thick Skin - Defensive
Skills: Advanced Fighter & Intermediate Hunter
Specialty:

Speech

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
02-29-2024, 10:20 AM

And the winner is...

Redrum

Stjarna must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Stjarna :
Attack Roll: 79
Defense Roll: 34
Agility Roll: 85
Perception Roll: 24
Total: 222
Attack[79] + 35% Bonus[27.65]: 106.65
Defense[34] + 15% Bonus[5.10]: 39.10
Agility[85] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 85.00
Perception[24] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 24.00
Total[254.75] + -15% Bonus[-38.21]: 216.54

Redrum:
Attack Roll: 36
Defense Roll: 28
Agility Roll: 72
Perception Roll: 78
Total: 214
Attack[36] + 20% Bonus[7.20]: 43.20
Defense[28] + 10% Bonus[2.80]: 30.80
Agility[72] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 72.00
Perception[78] + 10% Bonus[7.80]: 85.80
Total[231.80] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 231.80

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. What were you expecting? It's a dangerous place. The Battlefield 04:33 PM, 02-27-2024 10:43 PM, 03-25-2024