size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

Pride - DemisexualRapid Poster - Gold1K
02-28-2024, 12:02 AM

In the heart of the tranquil meadow, the massive black wolf moved with silent focus, his sharp forest green eyes scanning the landscape for the treasures hidden amidst the swaying grasses. He sought to expand his stores, his collection of herbal remedies in this new land. As he prowled through the expanse of flora, his mind was a vice of clinical precision and murmured incantations, each herb he encountered sparking a cascade of thoughts and whispered purposes. He was keeping his mind sharp, solidifying his knowledge at the forefront of his mind.

His search led him to a patch of vibrant blue flowers, their petals delicate and soft. With a careful touch, full of reverie – he plucked a few of the blossoms, murmuring softly to himself as he identified them. It was not that his memory was bad, of course not. The brute was just a perfectionist, and it felt ritualistic to speak the words out into the world. "Belladonna," His rough voice whispered, a mere breath upon the wind in reality. "Deadly nightshade. A potent sedative, but to be used with caution. Too much, and it turns into a killer."

Moving on, the brutes gaze fell upon a cluster of small, white flowers nestled amidst a tangle of green vines. He studied them intently for a moment before reaching out to gather them with his clawed grasp. "Wolfsbane," He muttered, his voice barely audible above the rustle of the leaves. His face was a picture of tranquility, verdant orbs dancing with appreciation. "A powerful toxin. Except when prepared properly, it can be used to treat certain ailments of the mind." Though not all. It had been one of many experiments his grandmother had performed on his father. The side effects could be very unpleasant regardless of the dosage, however.

As he continued his solitary vigil, Caedes’ thoughts turned to the next herb on his mental list – a humble plant with unassuming leaves and tiny, star-shaped flowers. With practiced ease, he harvested a handful of the leaves, his movements fluid and precise. "Chamomile," He murmured, voice tinged with a hint of nostalgia. "A gentle herb, known for its calming properties. Perfect for soothing frayed nerves and promoting restful sleep." It was one of the herbs he would fetch to help make his father more comfortable, as the man had always suffered from sleep deprivation. Poor thing, that father of his; always of unsound mind. Thank the gods (that he didn’t care for), that he himself had not inherited those ailments of the mind.

But Caedes would quickly bore of the tranquility of the meadow, and within his heart lingered a sense of darkness – a… whisper of death that clung to the man like a shroud. His thoughts turned to the more sinister herbs that he sought, those whose potency bordered on the forbidden. His mass cut through the meadow like a knife, leading him to his quarry. Though he didn’t consider it as such, there were some healers who thought the occupation came with the curse of deadly knowledge. The poisons, the toxins, the power over life and death… Oh, a shudder ran down his spine, eliciting a pleased smile from the scarred brute. With a mixture of reverence and trepidation, he approached a cluster of dark, gnarled plants with twisted roots and jagged leaves.

"Nightshade," He breathed, his voice a low rumble as he studied the deadly herb before him. "A harbinger of doom, yet within its toxic embrace lies the potential for healing. In the right hands, it can be a powerful tool for alleviating pain and inducing a dreamless slumber." A plant capable of killing, or drugging. Really he’d only seen the women of the Saxe’s use it, though it had been for assassin work related purposes.

With the laid out hide he’d prepared for transporting his findings full and his task complete, Caedes stood to stare out his surroundings, his thoughts swirling with knowledge and lore in its most clinical sense. But just as he were to leave, a small figure slithered up to him. He observed it with a blank expression, wondering why it was coming straight towards him so… forwardly. It had a stout body with a pear-shaped head, and vertically elliptical pupils. Rough and strongly keeled scales, and a short thin tail. It was black in color, save for some accents of gray. Obliquely arranged serrated scales moved fluidly in tandem with its side-winding manner of approach.

‘Will you collect me, too~?’ Its voice, her voice, so small and eager, reached the brutes' ears with a funny hissing affect. Her slitted eyes stared up at Caedes, something akin to a smile spreading across its serpentine face. Caedes was amused, a brow cocking as he lowered himself down to greet the creature. “Oh, Does my deadly friend wish to be put to use as well? Have you a need for a master, or even a name at that?” He grinned, admiring the sharp features of his little companion. ‘Yesss~ Yesss~ I fancy my master, I want to be your Nightshade.’ The creature hissed out, adoration warping its morbid little face. “Ahh. My harbinger of doom. Lovely thing you are. Come now, to better things.” The man stooped to claim the snake as his own, teeth tenderly grasping her and skull twisting to set her down upon his shoulder. Then, he would shiver as she slithered into a comfortable position behind his nape, before rolling up his collection hide and setting off to create a storage for it all. Funny. He hadn’t expected that speaking his findings aloud would gain him the affections of the serpent perched upon his frame, but bonding with other creatures was something he had done before - and speaking of which… where was his ‘Third Eye’. That clever Raven, surely he would return soon from his last task?

wc: 975

"speaking"

Caedes is a mature character, viewer discretion is advised.
Unless otherwise stated, assume he is not wearing his feathered skull mask.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Shoots and Ladders Serpent Plains 12:02 AM, 02-28-2024 03:37 PM, 05-15-2024