gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Hermes
03-03-2024, 12:18 AM
Books have become the focal point of the young Nolan’s life and he can’t help but get continuously lost in in the stories that he reads. The ones he picks often speak of huge sprawling forests and tall castles with maidens fair and knights to protect them and his imagination always brings them to life in vivid details. They color the drab dark room that he uses to keep himself and his book dry, in hues so bright that, they are almost blinding.

Lately, his fathers have expressed their concern about how much time he spends holed up in the den, filling his head with wild, fanciful tales while the world passes by around him. That is why Nolan has sunk off of Norad pack lands, his current obsession locked securely in his maw as he trots out into the neighboring garden and away from the prying eyes of his family. The rains have paused for this day and it is clear that Spring is coming by the budding flowers that can be found all around him.

Deft paws weave their way around the plants as he searches for the perfect spot to hide and read the day away. As a section of the ground becomes a stone foundation, he spies a section that the sun, who has chosen to grace the sky this day, has left the boy a dry spot just perfect for lounging and reading. Plopping down unceremoniously on the ground, he then gently places the beloved book on his forelegs and noses it open to the spot where he had left off.

Eyes scan the page as he searches for the last line he had read and quickly picks it out before making small adjusts to his posture until he is comfortable. The world around him fades as the tale washes it all away, his lips moving in time to the words written before him. The boy is so engrossed in his book that he might not even notice if someone were to appear right in front of him.

"Nolan Ravenwood"

Kaino

The Syndicate
Emira

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Res
03-03-2024, 12:41 AM

The plan was in place, Kaino simply had to wait for an opportunity. They'd chosen Norad simply because they seemed to be a peaceful, family loving pack. What better pack to take advantage of than one who valued their children? Kaino insisted that she be the one to handle things, considering it was her plan. The lavender and smoke fae spent days watching and waiting for an opportunity. Persistence paid off and today was the day.

A young boy lay in the grass, his nose in a book. He was so engrossed in his tome that he didn't even hear the soft padding of the svelte woman as she approached. Kaino made sure that her shadow crossed the pages of the boys book as she leaned over him. "Hiiii there. Whatcha reading? Is it good?" Dark ears flicked forward as she pretended to scan the page. "I haven't read a new book in a while. All of the ones that I have, I've read oooover and ooooover." The woman sighed dramatically and sat down in the grass. Her head tilted and she fixed the boy with her mint and ice gaze. "Do you think I could borrow that when you're done? You could borrow some of mine." Then she frowned and shook her head. "Oh, but you don't know what books I have. Hmm." The bait was laid out and the trap was set.

"Speech"

Despite being absolutely adorable, Kaino is an adult character that indulges in adult situations. Viewer discretion advised.
[Image: fGJURoI.png]

Nolan

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Beginner Intellectual (10)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Hermes
03-03-2024, 01:01 AM
Lips move faster and faster, muscles tensing as the penultimate battle is laid out in front of him and he spies the ending of his tale growing near. A shadow suddenly darkens his page, throwing gloom across his imagination and whipping clean the fantasies that had been playing out before him. Cocking his head back, Nolan squints up at the pretty woman who has cast darkness into his world of light. She is silhouetted against the sun, the light blinding him momentarily as he tries to figure out why she is here.

Embarrassment scurries across his features, as she enthusiastically asks what he is reading and the boy shyly dips his head as he offers her a small smile and says, “It’s called Percy Jackson and the Olympians. It’s about a boy… like me that finds out he part God and…” Excitement slowly builds as he continues to speak, eyes lighting up as he shares the story and all the key things that have happened so far. As the stranger admits that she hasn’t read a new book in a while, his ear slick back and he says, “Sorry to hear that. It can be really difficult to find new ones. I have some books that I have read like, ten times.”

A short laugh is given to the pretty lady and Nolan’s eyes round in excitement at the thought of being able to share and new books. Excitedly he barks, “Really? You’d let me borrow them? Yeah, yeah! You can totally borrow this book! I have more back at my home and I will share whatever you want. What is your favorite kind of book? Wait… what kind do you have?” Big, puppy eyes stare up at her with trust as the stranger has gotten him… hook, line, and sinker.

"Nolan Ravenwood"

Kaino

The Syndicate
Emira

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Res
03-03-2024, 01:15 AM

The sweet boy tells her all about the book and Kai had to admit that she was actually rather interested in reading it. It would be rude to steal a kid and his book too, right? The woman had no intention of harming the child at all, so maybe she would send him back to his family with a book or two. The enthusiasm with which he spoke brought a genuine smile to the fae and her bobbed tail wiggled back and forth in the grass.

The boy asked what her favorite kind of story was and his excitement at the prospect of borrowing and lending books was palpable. "Mmmm, I like stories about villains and heroes and thieves and strife. Sometimes it's fun to see the bad guys win, don't you think?" Kai stretched and motioned back behind her. "I have a few books, but I know a place where there are many, many books. I like to leave them there so that I know where they are and so that they don't get damaged outside."

Kaino forced a grimace and shook her head. "I can't take you though. Your family would be so mad. I can't ask you to break the rules, right? Even if there were tons of books and snacks and we could read together and talk about the different things we've read?" Laying it on thick, lady.

"Speech"

Despite being absolutely adorable, Kaino is an adult character that indulges in adult situations. Viewer discretion advised.

Nolan

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Beginner Intellectual (10)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Hermes
03-03-2024, 02:00 AM
As Nolan explains about his book, the boy becomes extremely animated and joy springs to life on his features as he realizes he has found a kindred spirit in the pretty lady. She talks about stories where the villains win and the boy’s eyes widen with interest as he asks, “They can do that? I have only read the books where like… the good guys win. I want to read your books!” Tail thumps the ground as she speaks of a place with lots of books then admits that she doesn’t want to take him there and make him break any rules.

Nolan is crestfallen as he sees his chance to explore untold numbers of volumes slipping through his paws and he darts a glance back toward Norad territory. If you look closely enough, you can actually see the gears turning in his mind as he attempts to find a way around the rules. Suddenly, his head snaps back and he looks back at the pretty lady with excitement lighting up his eyes as he says, “Dad says I’m not supposed to go anywhere with strangers but, if I know your name, then you’re no longer a stranger… right?”

Ah, the flawless strategies of the young and naïve.

Pushing himself up into a seated position, Nolan then juts a paw out toward the lady and says, “I’m Nolan Ravenwood of Norad.” A huge, joyful smile is on his lips because he has out thought his own parents. Won’t they proud of him when they find out!

"Nolan Ravenwood"

Kaino

The Syndicate
Emira

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Res
03-03-2024, 02:36 AM

Kaino laughed aloud, pleased at the wonder on the kids face. "Anything can happen in books, silly." She leaned down, whispering conspiratorially, "And, if you can't find the story that you want to read, you can write it yourself." The pretty lady gave him a little wink before sitting up straight.

The boy was making this a lot easier than she had believed it would be. He made up the excuse for why he had to follow her on his own and Kaino nodded. "That makes a lot of sense to me, Nolan. I am Kaino, but you can call me Kai. And you're right. Now we're not strangers." Rising, the woman motioned with one paw for him to follow. "Grab your book and we'll go to my place first. I'll show you my little collection, then later we'll go to the big book place." Asset acquired.

-End?-

"Speech"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Everything Important Happens When You Are Awake The God's Garden 12:18 AM, 03-03-2024 07:34 AM, 05-01-2024