size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

Pride - DemisexualRapid Poster - Gold1K
03-21-2024, 10:31 PM

The sun hung low in the sky, casting a warm golden glow over the clearing where Caedes and Mariah found themselves. While Mariah busied herself with something, Caedes stood nearby, contentment playing on his lips as he coaxed his snake, Nightshade, who lay curled around his shoulders.

"Come now," Caedes murmured roughly, his voice calm as he peered at the deadly snake inches from his face. "I know you would like to help me, Nightshade."

Nightshade, a magnificent creature with keeled black scales that shimmered in the sunlight, regarded Caedes with her lavender eyes, a hint of reluctance in her gaze. She was a creature of wild instincts, fiercely independent yet undeniably fond of her master. She had wanted to be owned and used by the brute. But at this moment she was tucked into his fur, pouting.

"speaking"

Caedes is a mature character, viewer discretion is advised.
Unless otherwise stated, assume he is not wearing his feathered skull mask.

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Healer (265)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

03-21-2024, 10:39 PM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2024, 10:42 PM by Mariah. Edited 2 times in total.)

Mariah looked up from her task, her soft sterling eyes following the playful interaction between Caedes and his snake. Her lips curled into a gentle smile at the sight. She had always been slightly unsure of Nightshade, wary of the danger she represented. Yet witnessing the bond that the beast shared with her master was truly something that intrigued her at the very least. She allowed her attention to linger in silence for a moment, seeing the reluctance of the serpent- and the persistence of the man she was coming to love herself. The introspective parallel that she drew between herself and the snake that coiled around his body was amusing to say the least. She couldn’t help the grin that engulfed her features at the imagery in the back of her mind, but it eventually began to fade. It was going to be more difficult for her than Nightshade. There were so many more powers at play. “You’ll have to meet my family soon.” She muttered lowly, more to herself rather than to him. But it was still a sentiment worth saying out loud.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Caedes

"Devil has my ear today, I'll never hear a word you say."

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

03-21-2024, 10:50 PM

Caedes had already prepared a small bottle to collect the venom, all he needed was for Nightshade to oblige. Gesturing for her to come down from his shoulders the little snake did with reluctance. She coiled near the bottle, eyeing Caedes as he coaxed her further. Slowly, Nightshade relented, allowing a small droplet of venom to pool at the tip of her fangs. With delicate precision, he carefully collected the venom, his movements fluid and graceful to make it an easy task.

As he worked, Caedes felt Mariah's gaze upon him, his attention shifting for a moment to look her way; a question on his face. And then Mariah spoke, her words were a murmur, carrying with them the burden she felt. Caedes was quick to respond, tones coming in a low rumble. "Yes. Are you worried?"

"speaking"

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Healer (265)

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

03-21-2024, 11:00 PM

Mariah's gaze met Caedes's, her expression thoughtful as she considered his question. There was a flicker of uncertainty in her eyes, a hint of vulnerability as she spoke. “Worried … no. But it would make things a lot easier if they were accepting.” She was prepared to make a stance if she had to. Resist whatever stipulations that might try and be enforced. However, it would be far more pleasant for everyone involved if it didn’t have to come to that. Blinking away the thoughts, she tuned out the brooding haze. “Do you have any insight?” She asked lightly, curious as to how he would navigate the situation.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

03-21-2024, 11:10 PM

As Caedes patiently awaits Mariah’s response, his gaze flickers once more to Nightshade, his currently silent companion. With a subtle nod, he communicates his request, and the serpent obediently complies, offering another dose of venom with graceful precision. Caedes understands Nightshade's preferences, to not be milked and cast aside, and he was content to ensure her comfort, especially when she's performing such valuable work.

"I understand," He murmured as her response finally came, his gaze unwavering as he met her eyes. "While I cannot predict their reaction, I believe that appearing as a united front would be key." The brute mused, offering his two cents as he motioned for Nightshade to return to his shoulders. Though with further thought he paused for a moment, considering her question again, offering more of a statement wrapped within suggestion “You could prepare me for questions they might ask.”

"speaking"

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Healer (265)

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

03-21-2024, 11:19 PM

Mariah nodded in agreement with Caedes's suggestion, appreciating his insight into the delicate situation she was about to navigate. "That's a good idea," she admitted, her tone thoughtful as she considered his proposal. "I'm sure they will be... inquisitive, to say the least." She answered lightly even with a touch of the underlying tension. "They'll probably want to know everything about you—where you come from, what you do, your intentions..." Her voice trailed off for a moment as she pondered the potential barrage of questions she might face. "But I'll do my best to prepare you," Mariah continued, determination shining in her eyes as she met Caedes's gaze while rising to her feet and closing the distance between them. "And I'll make sure they understand how much you mean to me- I just hope they don't try and force tradition over our individual will." With a small smile, she leaned in to press a brief kiss to his cheek, her soul swelling with affection for the man who stood by her side.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

03-21-2024, 11:29 PM

Carefully, Caedes places the bottle aside and rummages into his bag, retrieving two bundles wrapped in cloth. With meticulous care, he unravels them, revealing what the bundles had contained within: Wolfsbane and Psilocybin mushrooms. Both were toxic in their own ways, wolfsbane being the more dangerous one. But the mushroom had a particular use that he was curious to see in action alone with the venom. It was psychedelic. With delicate precision, he begins to handle the plant matter, using only his paws to prepare them for his intended purpose. Once he is satisfied with his result, the brute slowly drops the matter into the bottle of venom, a smirk crossing over his features as he does so. There is no immediate reaction, nothing but flowers, bits of mushroom, and stems falling in and either floating or sinking within the bottle. His emeralds eye the concoction, knowing full well that in time all the ingredients would integrate perfectly and offer him a powerful drug-poison combo.

He listened as she spoke, nodding with every sentence she spoke, occasionally giving her a confident glint of his eyes. “I will answer to the best of my ability. I will be ready.” The brute's voice was calm and reassuring as he tried to ease her worries. He could sense the underlying tension in her voice, but also the unwavering strength that lay beneath her words.

Caedes rose to his feet as Mariah closed the distance between them and kissed his cheek, a wicked smile playing on his lips as he met her gaze. "I wouldn’t mind having your will forced over me." He murmured lowly, his eyes reflecting the depth of his affection and desire for her.

"speaking"

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Healer (265)

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

03-24-2024, 11:10 AM

Mariah's heart pounded in her chest as Caedes whispered his desires in her ear. A slow heat spread through her body, and she couldn't resist the mischievous glint in her eyes as she took a small step back from him. "Careful what you wish for," she warned playfully, a sly smirk tugging at her lips. She could feel the passionate threat that lurked beneath their playful banter, but it only added to the thrill of being with Caedes. Her gaze followed his movements as he expertly handled the wolfsbane and mushrooms, seemingly lost in his craft. She was curious about what he was creating, but she resisted the urge to distract him. Instead, she watched in quiet fascination.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. The Hand That Feeds The God's Garden 10:31 PM, 03-21-2024 06:30 AM, 04-11-2024