size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

Pride - DemisexualRapid Poster - Gold1K
03-22-2024, 10:02 AM

Caedes prowled through the frosty terrain of the Polar Sound, his steps crunching softly against particularly frostbitten plant life. His mind buzzed with curiosity as he sought out Aresenn, a member of the Syndicate whose loyalty to Sephiran intrigued him. It was unusual for Caedes to engage in such direct inquiries, but the mystery surrounding Aresenn's allegiance had piqued his interest. He had heard that he was the first to fall in line with Sephiran, but why? Call it a protective instinct for his kin, but Caedes wanted to gauge the brute’s purpose for himself.

Eventually, he located Aresenn near the edge of the pack's territory, his form silhouetted against the backdrop of frost-covered pines. Silently, Caedes approached the man, his emerald gaze piercing through the frigid air with a calculating eye.

"Aresenn," Caedes greeted, his voice a low, detached rumble. "I've been meaning to ask you something." He paused, allowing the weight of his words to settle between them before continuing. "Why do you follow Sephiran?" His question was direct, devoid of any judgment or accusation. He simply sought to understand the motivations behind Aresenn's allegiance to the Saxe leader.

"speaking"

Caedes is a mature character, viewer discretion is advised.
Unless otherwise stated, assume he is not wearing his feathered skull mask.

Aresenn

The Syndicate
Emir

Master Fighter (250)

Master Intellectual (244)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Rapid Poster - GoldHomebodyTeacherBest BudsDouble Master1K
Samhain 2022
03-22-2024, 11:08 AM

Aresenn's senses were keenly attuned to the subtle shifts in the Polar Sound, the icy wind carrying the sharp tang of pine needles and frost. As he moved through the wintry landscape, his steps were silent and fluid, blending seamlessly with the elongated shadows cast by the towering trees. His sharp amber eyes scanned the surroundings, ever watchful for any signs of danger or intrusion. The boundaries had been marked. The Polar Sound was theirs now, and they had full intentions of enforcing their ownership.

As Caedes's voice broke through the stillness of the forest, Aresenn turned his gaze towards the approaching figure, his expression unreadable. He regarded Caedes with a mixture of curiosity and wariness, his instincts urging caution in the presence of an unfamiliar wolf. "Caedes," Aresenn acknowledged, his voice low and measured. His question took him somewhat off guard, and it did take him a moment to process what was being asked of him. But after clearing his throat, he found his train of thought. “I suppose it was just an instance of the right place at the right time.” Aresenn began, looking away from the larger obsidian brute for a moment. “We weren’t quite yearlings when I encountered Sephiran for the first time. I come from a very … carefree lot. So to meet someone who had ambition and drive for structure and power, that I could train with and be held accountable by- the lifestyle that came with it appealed to me.” He answered evenly. Of course, there were other reasons that played into the decision to leave his birth pack. But to answer the other man’s question, that was as simple as he could put it.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Caedes

"Devil has my ear today, I'll never hear a word you say."

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

03-22-2024, 11:30 AM

Caedes listened attentively as Aresenn responded, his expression giving away little as he absorbed the brute's words. He noted the mixture of curiosity and wariness in Aresenn's demeanor, recognizing the caution ingrained in the presence of a relative stranger.

"Interesting," Caedes remarked, his voice a calm rumble that carried through the cold air. He nodded in understanding as Aresenn explained his initial encounter with Sephiran and the factors that led to his decision to align himself with the Saxe leader. "Ambition and structure," Caedes echoed thoughtfully, processing Aresenn's words. "Those are powerful motivators indeed. Not unlike my own, though by blood I am a little more inclined to the lifestyle."

He studied Aresenn for a moment longer, his emerald gaze searching for any subtle cues or nuances in the brute's demeanor. “Do you desire a higher rank than Ghazi?” Of course the question was a veiled one, meant to pry into the man’s thoughts for the future and where he would continue to stand with them.

"speaking"

Aresenn

The Syndicate
Emir

Master Fighter (250)

Master Intellectual (244)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Rapid Poster - GoldHomebodyTeacherBest BudsDouble Master1K
Samhain 2022
03-22-2024, 12:21 PM

The Praetor brute considered Caedes's question carefully, his amber eyes narrowed in thought. He knew that his position within the pack was secure - he had earned the respect and trust of Sephiran and the other members through his strength and loyalty. But this question of personal ambition required introspection. After a moment, he shook his head and spoke in a low, gravelly voice. "I am not one to seek out leadership for myself," Aresenn admitted. "I am content with being a 'Yes' man - ready to step in and fill any gaps that may arise." He paused, as his train of thought took a turn more to ideals. "I think the collective focus should be achieving success and power for the group, not just personal gain."  He finished, returning his attention to Caedes to see if there was any noticeable recognition. It was just his own personal standing, after all. After a moment of hesitance between them, Aresenn offered his own inquiry. "Do you seek rank?"

"Aresenn Praetor"

Caedes

"Devil has my ear today, I'll never hear a word you say."

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

04-02-2024, 04:32 PM

Caedes listened intently to Aresenn's response, his expression impassive as he absorbed the brute's words. He offered a nod in acknowledgment once, twice as the brute explained his stance. “A commendable philosophy,” The scarred Saxe remarked, his tone neutral yet somewhat approving.

Aresenn's inquiry prompted a moment of reflection from Caedes, his mind briefly contemplating his own place within the pack. Meeting Aresenn's gaze evenly, his emerald eyes revealed no hint of emotion, only a glimmer of understanding. “As for myself,” Caedes replied evenly, his voice unwavering, “I concern myself little with the desires of others, so long as they do not harm or foil my kins ambitions. My personal focus lies in excelling at the role I have chosen. Healing.”

With that, Caedes fell silent, allowing the conversation to linger in the air, open to further discussion or departure.

"speaking"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Suffer now or suffer then The Polar Sound 10:02 AM, 03-22-2024 08:07 PM, 04-19-2024