size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

OverachieverSamhain 2022Double MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
04-22-2024, 09:36 PM

It had been an eventful few seasons with a practice raid, real raid, and pack challenge all relatively close together.  Kotori’s body had been left with a decent injury on one shoulder, it had been stitched up and most assuredly would leave a scar.  His neck still itched from skin knitting together after another fight.

Kotori had gone for an easy form of hunting today, catching fish.  It wasn’t his normal way of hunting but with the injuries, it seemed the best option.  He’ already tossed two fish on the shore behind him.  

"Kotori Fatalis"
[Image: HMmbDEu.png]
 [Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker_39.gif]

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
04-22-2024, 09:37 PM
Wylan trotted along, his little polar bear at his side as he made his way to Valta. He borrowed directions from one of the Armada guards, and off he went. He hadn't really left Armada lands. At least, hasn't gone more than a territory over. But his mother and some of his siblings Had left, and he found himself desiring a little More exploring.

He also wants to learn more about blade work. He was old enough to use one, and perhaps his family in Valta would teach him.

He stumbled upon the border almost by accident more than anything else. The scent was unfamiliar to him, but smelled like family all the same. He raises his head and called for a Fatalis.
[Image: lQqyuza.png]
As his 'companion' Krakarak may enter any of Wylan's threads without warning

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

04-22-2024, 09:43 PM

Kotori heard Wylans call, taking a moment to consider the howl  It was a young wolf but one he hadn’t met.  Kotori eyed the fish before leaving them.  They’d either be there or become a meal of some thief he could kill later.

Jogging to the border he looked at the wolf and there was no doubt of his Fatalis bloodline.  The marks on his face were a solid sign on its own and the wings just added to it.  He moved to stand in front of the yearling.  “I’m Kotori Fatalis,” he offered in a formal tone, lightening it a bit, “and you are?” Mort had a kid? Then again dad had Mortis and dad certainly didn’t have wings.  He’d know soon enough.

"Kotori Fatalis"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
04-22-2024, 09:55 PM
Wylan grinned, stretching his wings out a little as he wiggled them in a sign of pleasure. The wolf that greeted him introduced himself as Kotori Fatalis in no time. This was the wolf he hoped to meet. “I'm Wylan Fatalis, Heir to the Armada. My grandad once said that if I needed help, I could find Kotori in Valta and he would help me.” Now, it was obvious to most that Sirius meant urgent or life threatening help. But Wylan was still a kid, and sometimes intricacies of words went right over his wings. 

“My dad's really sad ‘cause my mum left, and grandad went to the Hallows. I want to continue learning how to use a blade. Will you help me, Kotori of Valta?” He asked, straightening up a little and looking at Valta as if the favour he asked was a grave one.

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

04-22-2024, 10:03 PM

Kotori noted that Wylan never actually said specifically who his father was but it was easy enough to pick out.  Would this boy remain heir though?  Bas was taking over as alpha and what would happen when he had his own children?
“Well, remind your dad he’s always welcome to come visit if he wants some family time.” Kotori had always liked Mort, he was just an all-around good guy and had been a good brother while Kotori was growing up, and after.

The request Wylan made was offered in a formal tone.  Kotori had no idea how to use a sword but he certainly knew how to fight.  “I don’t personally use a blade, though I know several wolves who do.  How much fighting skill do you have?  There’s a lot that can be learned that is useful both with and without the blade.  You are welcome on Valta lands regardless.”

"Kotori"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
04-22-2024, 10:12 PM
“I'll tell him” Wylan promised, Though he had a feeling his dad wasn't likely to leave anytime soon. He seemed awfully attached to the rest of his kids at the moment. What Ko said next had his wings drop a tiny amount in disappointment. The elusive blade was what enticed him the most. Oh well, he still wouldn't say no to a lesson, even if it didn't include a dagger. 

“I've had some training, Uncle Charlie has taught me some, same as my dad, and grandad.” He explained, and trotted over the border, assuming that what was Ko had meant saying he was welcome. “So how big is Valta?” He asked, curious.

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

04-22-2024, 10:22 PM

Wylan was disappointed and Kotori understood.  Kotori tended to be stubborn on getting what he wanted and that would include learning how to fight in a style he preferred.  Kotori turned to walk farther into Valta lands, “Let's see if we can at least make it a fun lesson, different from the normal hopefully.”

How large was Valta?  Once it seemed large but now… “All of the falls and the trees surrounding it are Valta territory, above the falls and following the path of the rapids is also part of Valta.  Hopefully, soon the nook with its red trees will be added to our land.”

Kotori stopped at the base of the falls, looking at them and glancing at Wylan.  “Ever had a fight on slippery ground, with limited footing where you and your opponent aren’t able to make tight turns or wide circles?”  Balance was everything in any type of fighting and this would certainly require balance.  One wrong slip and things could go bad.

"Kotori Fatalis"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
04-22-2024, 10:33 PM
Wylan trotted after Kotori, excitement already washing over the disappointment. He got to see new people and places. This had been a great idea! Why hadn't he thought of it earlier? He listened and looked as Ko explained where Valta territory started and ended.

“It's big!” He said, looking around and considering this part of Fatalis territory. Little kid half thought his family owned the world. “No, I haven't. How do you keep from slipping?” He asked as Ko spoke about lessons of fighting on slippery and treacherous territory. He'd mostly learned about fighting forms and defences so far. And a little about the blade from Charlie, but he could never get enough!

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

04-22-2024, 10:40 PM

“It takes time to learn how to fight, or even maneuver in difficult terrain.  Ideally, you wouldn’t want to fight on something like this.  The good part is your enemy is under the same limitations.  So if your balance is better then you’ve got the edge.”

Kotori glanced from the falls and to Wylan, “and think beyond the normal way of fighting.  Threats to you are threats to them.  If you end up being on lower ground than your opponent consider biting for the leg, if they slip the fall they take could let you win with no more than one bite.  It’s preferable to be on higher ground in my opinion over all though.”

"Kotori Fatalis"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. The family grew again? Sunset Falls 09:36 PM, 04-22-2024 02:58 PM, 05-15-2024