gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
05-21-2024, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2024, 04:57 PM by Haiku. Edited 1 time in total.)
Maybe a year had passed since Haiku had felt right in his own skin. Not long after parting with Bowen for the last time he had begun to grow ill. Hardly noticeable at first the sickness had taken its time in making itself known, now there could be no doubt that the once impressive man's health was failing. He was sickly and his fur didn’t hold any luster. Looking almost as if every hair was covered in a fine powder. His eyes were yellowed and looked dry, no matter how much water he drank he always seemed to be dehydrated.

His once dark paws carried him home now, to the lands that had once been claimed by his family A pack so great he had thought that it would never fall, and yet for many years now it was gone. He had once been invincible just like Abaven, but now it was gone and he was following. He was weak and hadn’t eaten much more than the scraps that sweet Prose had brought to him. Not that he could even really keep that much down. He knew that his life was short, that was why he returned to his home now. There was no one left to bury him, so he would just hope that Prose would protect his bones as he faded away near his Father’s grave.

He slowly walked the paths he had once known so well as a child, a stark reminder of what had been and the past that he would soon join.

"Bowen & Haiku"

I have a white raven companion named Prose if she isn't mentioned assume she is nearby

Bowen

The Hallows
Wayfinder

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (265)

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
05-23-2024, 10:04 AM

Being in Valta had been a bit of an adventure. Bowen had been ready to go home a while back but she'd made a promise to help, so she'd been stuck. There had been an attempted takeover, then an actual takeover. When she left, Kotori hadn't even been alpha of Valta. A Klein had taken over. What a whirlwind her time away had been!

The Klein woman had released Bowen from her promise and the caramel fae had begun her trek back to The Hallows. She missed her home. As she loped along, a familiar scent shocked her into an instant standstill. Emerald eyes looked off into the distance. Haiku? 

Bowen adjusted her path, following the scent into the plains until she found the man himself, plodding slowly down old pathways. He looked... bad. The shine was gone from his chocolate coat and he looked thin. His head hung as he moved along and concern etched the woman's features. She stepped out of the long grass, moving towards the giant man.  "Hey, Hero," she said softly, ears tilted back and eyes sad as she looked upon her once love.

"Bowen & Haiku"
[Image: gSBkYSG.gif]Bowen Arrow Carpathius [Image: 2cnsALh.png]

Haiku

Loner

Intermediate Fighter (50)

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

05-23-2024, 03:53 PM
His pace was slow, but then again he was in no great hurry to arrive to his destination either. Surely he had a few more days, maybe a week or longer, before he shuffled off this mortal coil. He didn’t know what happened to all of his family. For all he knew they were just as dead as his father and he would see them again once he passed over to the other side. Whatever it was that awaited him there. Prose followed him dutifully. He told her more than once that she should just say her goodbyes and be done with him, but knowing that she would remain with him to the end was a comfort he hadn’t been sure he needed, but now he wanted desperately as he faced the end.

He was certain she would be the only one here with him, but he was wrong when he heard a familiar voice. One that hurt so much to hear now that he was so very ill and looking towards the end of his life. He turned, hopefully that in his sloth he wouldn’t see her standing there. That hopefully her sweet voice had only been an illusion and she wouldn’t have to see him like this. But no, his once brilliant blue and lavender eyes fell on the beautiful for of Bowen. The love of his life, the only she wolf who had his heart.

"Bowen." Was all he could say as the shame of his condition overtook any other emotion he might have had. If only she would have waited another week, he wouldn’t have had to face her again. SHe might have never known of his demise.

"Bowen & Haiku"

I have a white raven companion named Prose if she isn't mentioned assume she is nearby

Bowen

The Hallows
Wayfinder

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (265)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

05-23-2024, 04:31 PM

He spoke her name, his voice weak and full of defeat. It broke Bowen's heart to see him so... not himself. She closed the distance between them, leaning up to slide her muzzle under his before pulling him into an embrace, one of her forelegs wrapped around one of his. She held him close, her slight frame pressed into his chest. Bowen was at a loss for words. She didn't know what to say. What could one say?

"What... has happened?" That was what she finally managed to say. The caramel fae pulled back enough to look up into the big brutes mixed gaze. Worry worked lines into her brow but she didn't care. It didn't matter. Haiku mattered. "Whatever is wrong... can we fix it?" It was no secret that The Hallows was full of very practiced healers. If he was letting himself go due to simple heartache or loneliness... maybe she could help with that too?

"Bowen & Haiku"

Haiku

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

05-24-2024, 01:37 PM
As much as Bowen hated to see him like this, Haiku hated that she had to see him in such a state. No one should have been forced to observe his wasting form, yet here she was. Somehow at the wrong place and the wrong time. Of course she didn’t hesitate to embrace him, and with what strength he had left her returned the affection. No matter how much he loathed the circumstance he couldn’t deny his selfish desire to have her in his arms one last time. He sighed softly to himself with content as he gently kissed her head as she spoke. A question of why he looked the way he did. Or if there was anything to be done about his weakened state

"I’m sick." He started plainly. He couldn’t put a name to the illness only that he progressively was losing himself. Death seemed inevitable. "Nothing I have tried has helped, I staved off the symptoms for a while but… well. I’ve come back home to…" He hesitated, he hadn’t said the word aloud before now. Thus far the end had only been implied between he and Prose. "To die." However somber the words were, he had accepted his fate and his voice was at peace.

"Bowen & Haiku"

Bowen

The Hallows
Wayfinder

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (265)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

06-08-2024, 02:37 PM

Haiku's words brought instant tears to Bowen's emerald eyes and she shook her head. "No... there has to be something that we can do. Maybe someone in The Hallows can help." She looked in the direction of Auster as though by looking, help would arrive. There was always something that could be tried.

Again Bowen shook her head, digits winding in the fur of Haiku's dark chest as she looked up at him with watery eyes. "We can't give up, we..." Regret bit at her like the strike of a snake. Had she not turned him away, had she not chosen another over him, had he never left The Hallows... perhaps he wouldn't be in this situation now. All of this... it felt like her fault. A sob pulled from Bowen and she leaned into the sickly brute, pressing her forehead against his chest while she cried.

"Bowen & Haiku"

Haiku

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

06-10-2024, 10:51 AM
Unlike sweet Bowen Haiku had already accepted his fate. He would be off to meet the rest of his family that had gone before him. He had a few loose ends to tie up but they wouldn't keep him here. He hoped his siblings were alright whenever they were, but he knew he wouldn't be missed terribly. They would see each other again some day. Bowen became inconsolable though, tears streamed down her sweet cheeks and she started to mourne him before he was even gone. As he had done in the beginning she pleaded for another way, a solution that did not exist.

"I haven't given up, I've just accepted the inevitable." He told her calmly as he wrapped his white patterned paws around her shoulders as he tried to comfort her. "I don't believe there is anything to be done, but i would make the journey were it to make you happy." Haiku promised her quietly. He was weak and his spirit was waning, but he would go the distance for Bowen, the woman he had loved all these years.

Bowen

The Hallows
Wayfinder

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (265)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

06-10-2024, 01:55 PM

Haiku held her as she cried into his chest. She felt so stupid. She should have been the one comforting him. "I don't know what to say..." she sniffled, holding him as close as she could manage. It was surreal. It was as though she was watching this scene from someone else's eyes. This couldn't be happening.

Haiku told her that he'd try to make the trek to The Hallows, but it was obvious that he believed nothing could be done. He'd come here to die. He had accepted that he would be dying. What kind of treatment could change that mindset?

Pulling back, Bowen wiped her tears away and offered him a sad smile. "This is your home. I wouldn't take you from your family," dead though they were. "I'll stay with you," the caramel fae spoke with complete resolve. "I'll stay with you until the end, Hero. We'll make your last days happy ones."

"Bowen & Haiku"

Haiku

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

06-11-2024, 07:23 AM
She remained in denial but Haiku couldn't blame her, she was just now receiving this news while he had more than a year to come to terms with his condition and eventuality. He was just sorry that she had found him like this instead of just slowly forgetting about him after he was gone. Just as things had been for all this time. He just held her, offering what comfort he could to her, regretting the fact that he had to give her this news.

He wondered how life might have been different had they remained together instead of drifting apart like they had. She would have lived the same symptoms and maybe they could have gotten help but Haiku knew the results would have been the same. This was the fate he was forced to confront. The most painful part was that he had to share it with Bowen.

She swiftly gave up on trying to coax him into more treatment and accepted his wishes, he wanted it to end here where he had been born. Not trying to get to some cure that likely would not even work. "Bowen, you don't have to do that. I have Prose. You don't have to see me... like that."

Bowen

The Hallows
Wayfinder

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (265)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

06-11-2024, 07:55 AM

As she expected, Haiku tried to deny her offer of staying with him til the end. He said that he had Prose and Bowen chuckled softly. "You do have Prose, but you also have me. I love you, Haiku. I wouldn't dream of letting you do this alone." She did love him. She loved him more than she loved most others. More than once she had regretted her decision to let him free, but it still wasn't fair to be second to someone else. He had deserved the opportunity to find someone that would hold him higher than any other. Haiku hadn't found that, but from now until he passed, Bowen would hold him higher than he'd ever been.

"Shall we clear out one of the old dens to stay in?" Bowen motioned for Haiku to follow her, pushing his mortality out of her mind for the time being. Bishop, her own raven, flew down to land upon a nearby branch. His voice crackled as he told her that the area was clear, having scouted the plains reflexively. He bobbed his head at Prose, then took off to the skies again. Bishop was always on the lookout.

Having been there before, Bowen located the den that they had spent time in together so long ago. It was a bit of a mess, but she immediately set to work tidying the place up. She would have to gather wood for a fire since they didn't have any furs handy, but she would trade for furs later. They would need them.

"Bowen & Haiku"

Haiku

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

06-11-2024, 11:20 AM
Bowen spoke words he had tried long ago to convince himself they weren't true, that Bowen did in fact love him and that she would remain here with him. To see him through his last days. He wondered if her presence would prolong his existence, and part of him was happy to have her support and affection. He had resigned to his fate but with her by his side maybe the whole process would be easier. He would at the least be much more comfortable. "As you wish," Haiku relinquished with relief in his voice. They could have their happily ever after even if their time was short.

He wasn't about to fall over dead this instant so when Bowen suggested they find a den Haiku did not disagree. Prose took off with Bishop and Haiku followed after Bowen as they made their way to an abandoned den. It would need some work but it was temporary anyway. "I'd help, but..." he was incredibly tired even after such a short walk.

Bowen

The Hallows
Wayfinder

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (265)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

06-11-2024, 02:57 PM

Haiku spoke and Bowen shook her head. "No. You rest. I can do this." She flitted about the den, using her long tail to dust away cobwebs as best as she could. She then piled leaves that had blown within the den in the center so that they would at least have something soft to sleep on until she could peel herself away to trade for furs.

Having gotten the den as clean as she could manage on such short notice, Bowen helped the dire brute to the pile of leaves, then ducked out in search of tinder for a fire. Bishop assisted and soon they had a decent pile of branches and sticks. Rummaging around in the other dens, Bowen came up with a bit of flint and steel and soon she had a merry little fire blazing on the other side of the den. It would keep them warm, but they wouldn't be at risk of catching themselves on fire.

"Are you hungry?" She asked, emerald eyes on his tired face. "I can hunt something for us. Or we can do whatever you'd like. You tell me." This was his time and the tiny woman would do everything in her power to make it the best time possible.

"Bowen & Haiku"

Haiku

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

06-12-2024, 09:42 AM
Bowen discouraged him from helping, she could see well enough that he had used much of the energy he had for the day just walking here. He did his best to relax, he didn't have any qualms about the dead grass he was laying in. Still, Bowen cleaned to the best of her ability and put much effort into making the little den as comfortable as possible. She helped him inside, and Haiku put more weight on her than he would have wanted but she held them both up before she tucked him in on the bed of leaves.

Bowen wasn't done yet, but as she slipped out of the den Haiku took the opportunity to rest. By the time she was out of sight he had fallen into a light sleep. She flitted about getting a fire ready as he napped, and then her voice woke him gently. "I haven't been hungry in a long time." He started sadly, but realized that was a terriblw thing to say. "But I'd like a nibble, Prose has been feeding me what she can when she can." He paused for a moment as she offered to hunt, "I don't want you to leave me." He admitted softly as he looked up at her. Now that she promised to stay with him, he didn't want her to go.

Bowen

The Hallows
Wayfinder

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (265)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

06-12-2024, 01:16 PM

Bowen's expression was always soft, but it grew exponentially as Haiku admitted that he didn't want her to leave. "Okay," she agreed with ease. "Give me just a moment." Parting from his side, the caramel and cream fae went outside once more to make a request of Bishop. She asked her raven to travel to the nearest pack and ask for furs and food and that Bowen of The Hallows would repay their kindness tenfold. With a nod, the obsidian bird took to the skies. Only then did Bowen go back into the little den.

Curling up next to Haiku, Bowen used her claws to gently untangle his dark chocolate coat. With teeth and tongue, she groomed him. He may be dying, but he would do so looking clean and dignified. "Is there anything else that I can do for you?" She ended up beside him, allowing the giant man to use her as a pillow. One paw gently and soothingly stroked over his crown and the backs of his ears.

"Bowen & Haiku"

Haiku

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

06-12-2024, 03:55 PM
Bowen quickly agreed to his terms, she wouldn't be leaving him but she did have one more task to attend to. Her mind only on making them for comfortable as they shared Haiku's last few days. She wwnt back outside to converse with Bishop for a moment before returning to his side. She wouldn't leave him again. Haiku sighed softly as Bowen returned to his side, and he lowered his head so she could more easily groom him.

A small smile settled over his features, despite what he was facing she made the challenge more pleasant. He wasn't alone, he felt Bowen's love one more time. Eventually he was resting his head on her soft caramel fur when she asked if there was anything at all that he wanted. Going from facing death alone to having the woman that he had loved with him again was a shift he was still overcoming. "Just love me." He whispered to her softly.

Bowen

The Hallows
Wayfinder

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (265)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

06-12-2024, 04:06 PM

The tension within the tired man waned as she groomed and massaged him. His request brought a pang of pain lancing through her heart and she used a paw to gently bring his gaze to meet her own. "I've never stopped loving you, Haiku. I chose a different path, but I have always and will always love you." And then she kissed him, gently at first, but the passion grew as she fought to pour her love into him.

Bowen adjusted herself, moving to stretch out belly to belly with the giant man. She pulled him into her embrace and kissed him once more. She did love him. She loved him so, so much. If he died knowing that... then that would make his death much easier on her soul. "You need rest," she urged him, pulling back enough to speak, though their lips were still incredibly close.

"Bowen & Haiku"

Haiku

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

06-12-2024, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2024, 04:57 PM by Haiku. Edited 1 time in total.)
His eyes had closed and his ears fallen as the tension had melted out of his body, so Bowen had an easy time when she took his chin and lifted his features to her own. Brilliant verdant eyes gazed up at him as she took in his request and told him how she truly felt. He had always been loved by her, so much so that she had let him go. Not expecting that this was where his life would end up. Neither of them could hold onto regrets though, maybe Haiku should have fought harder for her. He didn't know. No matter their decisions this moment seemed inevitable.

She kissed him, deeper and deeper as she fulfilled his request of love. Haiku closed his tired eyes, lifting his white marked paw to her cheek as he returned her kiss. Unable to offer near the passion he once had Haiku still gave her everything that his tired body could muster."I do, but i don't know that i will have any more strength than i do right now." He murmured as she pulled back. "Let me show you how much I've loved you all this time, before its too late." Before time was truly out.

-fade-

Bowen

The Hallows
Wayfinder

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (265)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

06-12-2024, 05:07 PM

Bowen stayed silent as Haiku gave his plea. He would never have more energy than he did at that moment. It saddened her, but she understood. His wish of showing her how much he had always loved her brought tears filling her emerald eyes, but she smiled and nodded.

As the pair moved together, falling into familiar rhythms with one another, Bowen poured herself into him. She showed him just how much she had doorways loved him in return. She prayed to the gods to bless her with his children so that she could continue to love pieces of him for the rest of her days.

-fade-

"Bowen & Haiku"