Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Small species
build
Light
player
Plymouth
05-22-2024, 04:17 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2024, 04:17 PM by Krakarak. Edited 1 time in total.)

Krakarak

There was one thing that the raven was --amongst many other negative descriptors-- and that was curious. From his vantage point from the air, he could see a few things that he wanted to explore. One being a thing he'd never seen before in his life. A strange, large... thing. He didn't have the word for "boat" or "ship". ТЯФЖ. Or "Alien" is what he'd call it in his own tongue. An alien, lifeless thing, that seemed to be perfectly safe to explore. In fact, there was something that seemed shiny that caught his eye from above. So, he flitted right in.

In through a broken window he flew, landing on an upturned desk where a shattered piece of a mirror lay. It had caught the noon sun, catching the raven's attention. He began to pick at it with his beak, picking it up, turning it and then stopping so that he could look at himself in the reflection. Ah, yes. He absolutely loved the way he looked. How his feathers shone purple in the sunlight, the curve of his own beak.

He clacked his beak together appreciatively as he stared. He turned his head this way and that. Watching himself in all different sorts of angles.

Yes, he was quite lovely.

quoth the raven

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
05-22-2024, 04:40 PM

While Wylan had ventured to the Wall many times in his life, he hadn’t gone as far as the beached ship before. But he was growing up, and his freedom was increasing. His curiosity, too. Perhaps he would catch a stray scent of his mother or his two siblings that had accompanied her. The longer she was gone, the harder he looked for a sign of her.

His steps took him right up to the frozen boat, and he sniffed its hall with an outstretched nose. It smelled odd, beneath the snow. He walked around, until he found a way onto the deck. He jumped up, his paws skittering along the frozen flooring before his claws caught himself. Leaving deep rents in the wood that would have an archaeologist wincing. His wings, which he had flared to catch himself folded neatly against his side once more.

With this new vantage point, he realised there was an open door that led inside. He waited for Glacier, his little polar bear to join him before he went forward to investigate. The first thing his eyes landed upon was a little black bird, playing with a mirror shard. He giggled softly at the sight, though Glacier was already crouching down and moving slowly forward. Typical, his polar bear was always thinking of his stomach.

"Speech"

[Image: lQqyuza.png]
As his 'companion' Krakarak may enter any of Wylan's threads without warning

Krakarak

Armada
Companion

Novice Navigator (20)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Small species
build
Light
player
Plymouth
05-22-2024, 04:59 PM

Krakarak

He stopped his staring once as he thought he heard something above him. Scratching claws? But then, after a few more seconds of listening, he didn't hear it again and, well, the mirror called. He stared at himself for a little while longer before picking it up in his beak, turning a bit to try to get it ravenman-handled.

That was how he noticed that he wasn't alone anymore. He caught a glimpse of a wolf in the mirror but more concerningly, a polar bear inching nearer and nearer to him. "AAAAHHH!" He screeched in dismay, dropping the mirror and flapping his wings in a flurry of panic. A few feathers flew away in his wild haste of beating his wings, he lifted off his perch and tried to fly upwards. Only to remember that he was within a structure after he smacked his beak against the ceiling and fell back down onto the desk and then tumbled to the floor. Unharmed, mostly, but he would surely be bruised a bit later. "Адхчш еьш пе! Звеьяе! С адхчш шьяше ждда! С яуеьи!" "Don't eat me! Please! I don't taste good! I swear!" The words flowed out in the harsh squawks and caws of the Corvid Tongue before he realized that his pleas would likely fall on deaf ears if his assailants couldn't even understand him. He appealed again in English. "No eat, Krakarak! He no taste good! Krak Krak! Don't eat! Krak do anything! Don't kill, please!" He really, really, REALLY didn't want to end up in a bear or wolf's belly.

quoth the raven

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
05-22-2024, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2024, 05:49 PM by Wylan. Edited 1 time in total.)

Wylan knew the moment the bird had spotted them, and it instantly flew upwards. Crashing into the ceiling above. Glacier darted forward, clearly intending to grab it on its downward fall. Wylan giggled again at the silly birds crashing. He did love birds, but he couldn't deny Glaciers need to eat. Before words actual words fell out of its mouth. He only knew of companions that could speak.

“Glacier, Glacier, stop!” He called, jumping forward and grabbing his little bear by the scruff of its neck. He pulled it back gently, waiting a moment for him to calm before releasing him. Once he was sure no one was going to be eating any birds today, he gave himself a moment to assess the situation.

He inched slowly closer to the bird himself now, spreading his long wings out a little bit as he did so. “Hey, it’s okay, I won’t hurt you. Are you lost?”< /font> He asked, gentling his voice into his soothing healer’s tones.

"Speech"

Krakarak

Armada
Companion

Novice Navigator (20)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Small species
build
Light
player
Plymouth
05-22-2024, 07:57 PM

Krakarak

He felt like his heart was going to beat out of his chest. The bear was right there and he could swear that he saw his life flash before his beady eyes.

But then--

Then, the wolf stopped him, and he was saved!

He flopped backwards, wings spread as he laid on the ground and groaned. He felt like he was going to faint or maybe he really had died and his head just hadn't caught up with his spirit yet. Except... no no, his body definitely hurt so he couldn't be dead, right?

Only this wolf had wings. Wolves didn't have wings! That wasn't normal! Where the hell was he?! What was this place of massive weird things and wolves with wings?

"Krakarak no is lost. Krakarak come here for new life." Wherever here was. He was a bird. Birds didn't get lost. He would never admit such a fact. Hmph! That would be embarrassing. "Why you gots wings? Krak? Wolves no gots wings! Is weird! Krak Krak!" That was the most important thing here... besides the bear. The bear that he eyed warily as he picked himself up off the ground.

quoth the raven

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
05-22-2024, 08:04 PM

Wylan paired forward at the collapsed raven in curiosity. He was still trying to figure out if this bird was someone’s lost companion, or if there were other birds out there that could speak. He supposed if companions could learn, others could too, right? There was a whole slew of catastrophic implications there that he was far too young to grasp.

“Did you get hurt? I’m a healer, if anything hurts I could take a look?” he offered gently, still keeping a somewhat polite distance between them. But he inched forward completely by accident every few moments. Curiosity getting the better of the young wolf. “A new life, yeah? That’s really cool. But don’t you miss the old life, too?” He couldn’t imagine stepping away from his friends or family. At least, not for long.

“Yeah, I’ve got wings, but I can’t use them to fly. I tried, and tried, but I guess I’m too heavy” He explained, dejection and sadness creeping into his voice. He always wanted to be able to fly… it seemed kind of cruel sometimes. To have these awesome wings, but still be denied the sky.

"Speech"

Krakarak

Armada
Companion

Novice Navigator (20)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Small species
build
Light
player
Plymouth
05-22-2024, 10:07 PM

Krakarak

If there was one thing the dark bird was not above, it was playing up sympathy if he could get it. Krakarak let out a pitiful groan, louder than before. As if he hurt to his very marrow. "Krakarak hurt everywhere. Krak! His whole body in pain!" As if he'd just suffered a grievous wound and he wasn't just sore from running himself into the ceiling and falling.

He spread his wings out, allowing the young wolf to have a better look at himself. Although, he made a great show of wincing, as if every movement filled him with horrible pain. He was totally in so much pain... and not just trying to get the other two creatures to feel bad for him. Oh no, never that.

"Ya, ya! Krakarak miss the old life. Krak! But he miss the old-old life! Not new-old life! Krak! New-old life was a shit! And what ultimately led him to having to leave. So that he could keep his head firmly on his shoulders. Thank you very much. He liked this kid. He knew when to offer help, when to save someone's life, and when to call a raven's life choices appropriately "cool".

He narrowed one eye and cocked his head, making a great show of studying the yearling. "You gots them! So you gots to use them! Krakaw! Maybe take lots of practice. Wolves not meant to fly! Krak! So need more learning than birds." He considered himself an expert on the subject and figured he was imparting his "wisdom" to a younger future flier. He felt like he could do that much since the wolf had tamed the polar bear for him and kept him from being eaten.

quoth the raven

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
05-22-2024, 10:20 PM

Wylan started a careful examination on the Raven, though the bird was quite different to what he was accustomed to. “I’m going to check your wings” he warned the glossy creature before gently pulling out the wings to ensure nothing was sprained. He wasn’t seeing much wrong with the bird, but he had an idea of something that might help. Wylan was a wolf that liked to snack, and he had a few honeyed treats made from the honey in his mothers beehive in his healer’s bag. “Here, maybe these will help?” He suggested, pulling a couple out and offering them to the bird.

“Old, new, old-old… Wylan scratched his head with the end of a wing-tip. “Like, three lives ago? This life, previous life, and a previous-previous life? And you miss the last one?” He asked, trying to untangle their sentence.

He giggled a little at the idea that perhaps he needed more learning than a bird to get him flying. If only it was that easy. “I’ve tried jumping off a cliff, jumping off a tree. Getting a running head start… Maybe you’ll have some ideas?” He suggested. He certainly wasn’t above trying something new.

"Speech"

Krakarak

Armada
Companion

Novice Navigator (20)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Small species
build
Light
player
Plymouth
05-23-2024, 07:21 AM

Krakarak

The bird nodded his head as the wolf affirmed that he'd be coming nearer. He put on a brave face and when his wing was tugged he let out a pathetic sounding caw. As if he'd just suffered some sort of grievous blow. Poor, poor him. So sad. So pitiful. He was so very injured and in pain not really.

Except, funnily enough, when the honied treats were offered to him. All of his pain seemed to disappear as he began to flap his wings excitedly and hop up and down. Funny how that worked. "Ya, ya! Is good food! Krak Krak! He cawed in quite a happy fashion. He plucked the treats from the wolf's paw and began to eat them excitedly.

While eating he continued to chat with the wolf. He was good people. "No, no! What you mean about lives? Krak? We only gots one life!" Did he have to explain this slowly?! "Krakarak have one life! But far, far past was good, ya? Krak? Yeah? Following? "Then the bad stuff happen! Krak Krak! Then after bad stuff Krakarak leave!" He blamed the English language. It wasn't as easy to explain things as it was in his beautiful native tongue. "Far, far past is old-old life! Krak! When bad stuff happen is new-old life! Krak Krak! Bad stuff happen to make old-old life into new-old life. Krak! Make it a shit!" He cocked his head to the side then, silently asking if he understood.

Then, after a few moments, when the other had spoken about his wings. He walked forward, head bobbing up and down as he continued to study the yearling's wings and form. Hmm... "You ever watch birds? Krak? You should watch Krakarak. Krakarak show you how wings work, ya? Ravens are best fliers! Krak!" If the other wanted to take him up on the offer, of course. He was sure he could show better than tell the other how to work his wings. If he couldn't do it, no one could.

quoth the raven

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
05-24-2024, 03:11 PM

Wylan giggled again as the little bird flapped his wings and hopped up and down - showing him that everything was in working order. “I made them myself” he explained as the bird started to crunch on the treats. “Well yes, I guess I mean different stages of your life” Wylan explained gently, and listened as Krakarak mentioned bad stuff that forced him to leave. “I’m sorry” he said, and meant it. He hadn’t expected to be speaking to a bird today, but here he was. He still wondered if this bird had been a companion, and was deeply curious about what had brought them here.

“Alright, so you got away from your old life. Now I guess you can do whatever you want, yeah? So what do you want to do?” what did a bird as intelligent as this one want from life? He sat on his haunches, leaning forward as he kept his attention on the interesting bird. “Yeah, I’d love to watch you fly” he agreed. “Should we head out on the deck and you can show me?”

"Speech"

Krakarak

Armada
Companion

Novice Navigator (20)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Small species
build
Light
player
Plymouth
05-25-2024, 04:24 PM

Krakarak

"Is what is. Krakarak make new life here! Krak!" Whatever that new life entailed, anyway. He still didn't know yet but he did know that no matter what it was, it would be glorious. Because he was a glorious kind of bird. "You make good food, ya! Krak! Very good! Krakarak like!" He didn't throw around compliments lightly, either. Although it was a compliment less for the other's sake and more for the fact that he might be able to get more.

"Krakarak get food!" He said excitedly, in reply. Although, he didn't quite know what he'd do after that. "Then, Krakarak do other stuff!" Yeah, the greatest plan ever, no? Food and "other stuff". "Great stuff! Krak! Big, good plans, ya!" Totally.

"Ya, ya! You come with, yeah? Krak! Krak! I show. You watch. You learn. Krak! Good plan! He walked forward towards the exit that the wolf had come in through, waving a wing in a gesture for the other to follow. Once outside the room, he took to the air, flying through the halls until they made it out onto the deck.

He alighted on the railing and gestured for the yearling to come closer. "Now, pay much attention! Krak! Watch what Krakarak do with wings! You learn." These were important trade secrets that he was willing to share. The small raven lifted his wings and then tilted his head to the side, silently asking "ready?" to his canine companion.

quoth the raven

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
05-28-2024, 11:45 PM

“Yeah? I could give you food, in return for flying lessons?” the young wolf suggested, his tail picking up behind him again. This bird was neat! Perhaps if he wasn’t anyone else’s companion, he would like to be Wylans? It seemed like food might be the way to this bird's heart. Understandable, he loved food too!

He followed the glossy creature back out onto the deck. Taking care this time, now that he knew the boards were slick and treacherous. Krakarak had no need for such concerns, taking to wing as soon as they were in the clear. Wylan watched with more than a little envy at how easily the other flew.

Wylan padded carefully to the railing, and looked at his new teacher with respect. “I’m ready!” Wylan agreed, lifting his own wings and ready to mimic the smaller creature.

"Speech"

Krakarak

Armada
Companion

Novice Navigator (20)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Small species
build
Light
player
Plymouth
05-29-2024, 12:25 PM

Krakarak

"Ya, ya! Food for flying! Krak!" He liked the way this guy thought! Food for flying lessons seemed like the perfect way to interact. The perfect... friendship, if you will. He was more than happy to offer all of his trade secrets for food and good company. Good company simply meaning tell him how smart and talented he was, or rather, make him feel that way. Which the boy was doing plenty of. He felt quite important as he led the way to the deck and the young wolf looked up to him expectantly. He liked feeling like the master instructor.

He cleared his throat importantly, "You lift wings, like that, yeah! Krak!" He nodded his head approvingly at the way that the wolf had already done so. "Then, you push them down. Much strong! Krak! Very strong!" He demonstrated, thrusting his wings downwards and then lifting them back up, only to show him again. He did it slowly the second time to make sure the young wolf saw. "To take off. You do that! Krak! But also, jump. Push down! Krak! Jump!" And he did so, taking to the air and hovering there for the wolf to watch him. Easy peasy once learned! Krak!" And then, he landed again. "Now, you do."

quoth the raven

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
05-29-2024, 04:15 PM

Wylan was still but for his tail as he watched the raven in demonstration. He lifted his wings, and thrust them down, speaking also of jumping at the same time. “Alright.” Wylan said, an expression of concentration across his forehead. He could do this.

He padded forward to give himself a little room to work, still paying great attention to the slippery surface beneath his paws. He thrust his wings down as hard as he could, creating a draft of air as he shoved his paws down with all his might, leaping into the air and thrusting hard again. He committed all of his attention to that very act, so that when he came crashing down again he wasn’t able to catch himself.

He hit the deck hard and face first. Sliding across the icy panels a few feet before he was able to stop himself. “Ow.” He said, shifting a paw out from under himself so he could rub it across his face. “This might take a little more time and work…” He said thoughtfully. He pushed himself slowly to his paws and looked at the bird. “Did you think that maybe you’d want to come back for my pack for a bit? And maybe we could spend some time on lessons, and in return I could make you all sorts of treats. I know you must be a very busy bird, but if you could spare the time…?” He said, throwing in the best sad/hopeful puppy expression he could.

"Speech"

Krakarak

Armada
Companion

Novice Navigator (20)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Small species
build
Light
player
Plymouth
05-29-2024, 04:34 PM

Krakarak

Krakarak watched with vested interest as the winged canine began to try to fly. He worked his wings up and down just as Krakarak instructed and he thought it was all off to a promising start. So promising, that the draft of wind had him squawking in dismay and holding tighter to the railing with his amethyst claws. He turned his head partially away, narrowing his eyes so that nothing would inadvertently get blown into them.

Surely the fellow had to get airborne, right?

Wrong.

The wolf landed hard on the panels and slid. Krakarak winced at the impact but let out an amused series of caws as he flapped his wings and flew over to land in front of the yearling. "Is good try, ya? Krak! You wolf. Krakarak think you not fly in one day! Take time, ya!" He cawed out another series of laughs before looking the yearling over. He clacked his beak excitedly at the thought of "all sorts of treats". He couldn't even fathom what other tasty things might be in store.

But still!

He had to play the part, act like he wasn't interested. So, he made a great show of twisting his head this way and thought, looking shrewdly at the yearling. "Krakarak very busy bird!" Oh, so so so busy. Totally. "Hmm..." He scratched a claw on the ground, pretending to be pensive about the whole thing before he suddenly squawked out, "Okay! If pack no eat Krakarak. He come visit a bit. Is pack long way? Krak?" Probably a lot of a bit if he thought the fellow was pleasant enough company. "What Krakarak call you?" He took to the air, flying above the dark wolf, ready to take wing while they walked/flew and conversed.

quoth the raven

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
05-29-2024, 04:45 PM

His gait was a little unsteady, mostly because of the slippery surface beneath him. Perhaps working on the ship’s deck in the winter wasn’t the best idea. He gave his poor head one more rub, and nodded his head to the amused bird. “Yeah, I just hope… I hope someday, you know?” He said. It was one of the things he wanted most. He wanted his wings to actually carry him up into the sky. Imagine how easily he could travel the world, too!

He gave the bird time to think his offer over, and his expression burst into a grin when the other agreed. “That’s awesome! So, my pack - most packs here in fact - have this like… tradition. Wolves have companions, like Glacier over there” He said, pointing at Glacier. (He still somewhat suspected this bird to be someone's companion, so he wasn’t expecting it to come as a surprise to them) “So if we say that you're my companion, they won't hurt you. They’ll trust you, too. I’m Heir to the pack, so your word will carry some weight.” He didn’t see any way in which telling Krakarak that could go wrong. He thought the best of everyone. “Oh, I’m Wylan!” He said when the other asked his name. He took a running start, slipping and sliding a little before he reached the side of the boat and jumped over. Landing with a ‘plop’ in the snow below. “You're welcome to ride on my pack back to the Armada, if you like?” He suggested to the bird. After all, they were companions now!

"Speech"

Krakarak

Armada
Companion

Novice Navigator (20)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Small species
build
Light
player
Plymouth
05-29-2024, 06:38 PM

Krakarak

Companions, eh? He listened to the wolf's words without interrupting. Eyeing Glacier as he bobbed his head in understanding. "Ya, ya! Krak, Krak! Can pretend!" Easy as pie, right? Just go in, put on a nice good show of pretend and the other wolves wouldn't eat him. Plus, he got free food! Win-win, right?

It was clear that when Wylan revealed that he was the Heir, the bird became quite excited."OOOOH! Krak Krak! You become king in future?" How lucky was he? Befriending the future king was FANTASTIC! The power! The prestige!

...Maybe he did want to be companion to the future king. Imagine the assholes back home when he was Raven-Heir with a King Companion.

He gave a hearty cawing chuckle, "Is much good! Krak! Wy! Wy! Wy-LAN!" He had to test the other's name several times on his tongue before he was able to get it out properly. Bah! Flowery wolf names! They had no harshness to them. No way to properly caw them! Ah well, he could make do for free food, compliments, and a friend that was future king. "Am called Krakarak!" As if he hadn't already yelled his name a thousand times over.

He flew over to Wylan after the other landed in the snow. Not only did he have all those other pluses but he got to ride on Wylan's back too? He wasted no time in flying closer and then perching on the wolf's shoulder. "Krakarak sit here! We go to pack! Ya, ya! Krak!" He was quite the happy raven.

[exit/end there?]

quoth the raven

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. While I pondered, weak and weary, S.S. Antiox 04:17 PM, 05-22-2024 03:04 PM, 07-18-2024