size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
wicked

Rapid Poster - Bronze
06-18-2024, 06:15 PM

Dominus hears the call, unfortunately when he's at the other end of the packlands. He's not the fastest creature, but he'd do what he could to be there on time. Granted, what he can is a little... okay listen he's almost late and panting by the time he arrives. It's a long way to run, especially when the run becomes a jog, and he needs to slow to a walk sometimes. Built for power, not speed, sorry sorry.

He's sheepish as he joins the group, still catching his breath. Gaze scanning the gathering, going wide when he realizes both of his parents are up at the front. Dom chooses a spot beside his siblings instead, settling in for the meeting.

dominus mendacium

table coding by bunni ♥

Avacyn

Elysium
Matriarch

Master Fighter (245)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Shelby

1KSamhain 2022Pride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
06-19-2024, 11:37 AM

Avacyn watched and waited as the pack slowly began to trickle in, giving each of them a little nod and smile as they came in and settled in front of herself and Deimos. When Saracyn approached with their children she gave the pups a wider smile, lifting a paw to give them a little wave. But, of course, she probably should have expected at least one of them to make a scene of some sort. Fever greeted her quite... excitedly and ran up to join her on the platform, curling up in her tail. She opened her mouth to correct her only to quickly give up on the idea with a sigh, grinning and chuckling as she replied, "Hi, Fever." She glanced over at Saracyn now that he was sitting beside her and gave him a smirk before turning her attention back to the growing crowd.

Her parents and siblings filed in along with some of the remaining Kleins and Ricin. She was surprised not to see Chade with his brother, but she knew that Thyrus had been under the weather so perhaps the bug was going around. Regardless, she trusted Ricin to get the news back to him. As she was waiting for the last few to arrive, she spotted an unknown figure approaching from the direction of the border and her brows furrowed, very nearly rising to her feet to question the dappled woman, but she realized the stranger was heading straight for Chimera and the Klein man seemed to recognize her immediately. She wasn't pleased with having a trespasser in her pack like this, but that could be handled after the meeting.

Once it seemed like everyone, or mostly everyone at least, was accounted for she cleared her throat and drew everyone's attention. "Hello, everyone. Thank you for coming," she began, raising her voice so that it could easily be heard. "As you can probably guess, we have some changes to announce, but first I want to take a moment to report what I learned at a meeting I recently attended in The Hallows. A new pack that calls themselves The Syndicate has laid claim to the territories to the west of us. The accounts I have heard about their leader have proven that their leader is a dangerous individual and because of that I urge everyone to treat them with caution. I have already ordered extra patrols along the border that we share with them and I want all pups to stay away from that border. Do not engage with any of their wolves unless it is unavoidable and immediately call for assistance if you must." She glanced toward Mariah and added, "The only exception to this rule is a man named Caedes. He is a large man with dark fur and numerous scars. If you see him entering pack territory know that he has been given permission to do so. However, that permission extends to him and him alone so if he has any other Syndicate members with him they are not permitted within Elysium lands."

Now that the more dire news was out of the way, she glanced toward Deimos and went on to say, "Now, for the main reason we have called you all here... I have made the decision to separate the responsibility that I have as the Mendaicum family's Matriarch from the power of being the pack's alpha. It has been a very difficult decision to make, but I have come to realize that the compassion and family centered focus that being the Matriarch demands may not always be what the pack needs to be a strong force in the world. When my great great grandmother Nephele created the structure we have been following for the last few generations it was when the family was far smaller than it is now. There had been far fewer competing packs and dangers for them to face. Living here in Boreas has its own unique challenges that we must change and adapt to face."

"With that in mind, I not only wanted to change to adapt to our new challenges, but give more opportunities to the members of our family that may not have been able to strive for more before now. This is why I have asked my uncle, Deimos, to take on the responsibility and become Elysium's King. This will give another branch of our family an opportunity to contribute not only to our family but to our pack and open up the responsibility of leadership to whoever might be the best fit regardless of whether they are female or not." She looked to Deimos then, giving him a smile and a nod. "I trust that Deimos will be able to lead us forward into what I hope to be a new era of Elysium."

"Avacyn Medacium"

Deimos

Elysium
King

Master Fighter (260)

Advanced Hunter (60)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Shelby

Critical Observation!Samhain 2022Statue 4 Worship
06-19-2024, 01:22 PM
Their call for the pack went out and no more than a moment after the howl echoed into silence he spotted his daughter bounded toward them. He chuckled, smiling in a way only his children could make him smile. He leaned down to kiss the top of Darika's head before motioning for her to go have a seat, sitting up and looking out to watch the other pack members walk in. His sister and brother in law, half-sister, nieces and nephews, daughter and son all slowly filtered in, filling the space in front of them. When Ikigai came to join him on the stone platform, he gave her a loving smile and dipped his head down to kiss her cheek, unable to resist giving her a bit of affection despite the serious demeanor he was trying to portray to the pack. Once he saw that Dominus came trailing up from the rear, he gave a nod to Avacyn and his niece started out the meeting.

He sat at her side as she explained the emerging issue that was The Syndicate and went into her thought process behind the change that would make him King. He kept his gaze shifting across the crowd as she spoke, taking in their reactions. He knew this change would impact some more than others, but he did hope that they would take his niece's reasons well and understand that this shift in power was only intended to be for the benefit of the pack as a whole. Once Avacyn finished he looked her way, meeting her gaze with a small smile, retuning her nod before shifting his attention back to the crowd. "Thank you, Avacyn... I know that this will be a surprise to most of you, but I am excited for this new path forward for Elysium. The pack's current laws will not change much from how you currently know them to be. The majority of the changes are specific to the structure of our ranks and putting more focus onto our fighters."

"Avacyn will be my second in command as the Mendacium Matriarch to ensure that we are balancing our needs as a pack and a family. While Avacyn will not have the same power she once had as an alpha, she will still be a close advisor for me and can be my voice when I am not present. My wife Ikigai shall be my Queen and will continue to be my main advisor on pack diplomacy initiatives until we have a new Emissary. Saracyn shall keep his rank as Commander and will be the head of all of our fighters and the main point of contact for anything involving the pack's defenses. Next, is our pack's Heir. I have thought long and hard about this decision and I have decided that my daughter, Darika Kintsugi Mendacium, shall be my heir and Elysium's next Queen." He gave Kintsugi a smile before he went on to add, "Unlike the heir to the Matriarch, this position can be challenged for by any Mendacium should they think themselves better suited for the role, but I am confident that my daughter will be able to step into this position one day and do it well."

"Lastly, there is the heir to Avacyn's position of Matriarch. This position is specific to a female Mendacium and is someone hand chosen by the current Matriarch. For this position, Fever Mendacium has been chosen. To distinguish this position from the pack's Heiress, we wanted a new title as unique as this role and I've been told that Fever has chosen the title of Volhv." He glanced behind Avacyn to where Fever was sitting in the fur of her tail, smirking a bit at the silliness of pups. "These ranks and these wolves will make up my Council. I know this is not a job I can do alone and it will take many wolves and many opinions to guide us in the right direction. However, I know it is not realistic to expect all of you to meet with me constantly to go over these matters so these wolves will act as all of your voices in these decisions to help us make well rounded decisions for our future."

This was probably more speaking than he had done in most of his life, but there was a lot of information to share so he knew it had to be done. "As for the rest of our ranks, I have decided to vacate a majority of the higher, earned ranks. I want to be able to see your skills and desire to serve the pack for myself so I encourage you all to approach me about any position that you might feel you would be the best fit for. The ranks that are currently available are the Lieutenant, which is a new rank that will be the individual responsible for training our fighters, the Emissary, the Predator, and the Wayfinder. The only two positions that I have preselected individuals for based on Avacyn's recommendations are Mariah Mendacium as our new Physician and Fiametta Mendaicum as our Tactician to give her a chance to continue her work in that space now that she has returned to us."

He looked to each of his nieces with a nod of acknowledgement before he made one more sweeping look across the crowd. "My hope is to encourage you all to have pride in your pack and to make Elysium a force to be reconned with among all of the packs across Boreas and Auster. However, I can not do that without participation from each and every one of you. I am counting on you to bring your best to the pack and make Elysium into the pack I know it can be." He dipped his head to them all as he added, "Thank you. If there are any questions feel free to approach me to have a word privately. Otherwise, you are dismissed."

"Deimos Mendacium"