An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
06-07-2024, 12:28 AM
His eye was bandaged, hiding away the ugly wound that ran the length of his face. He couldn’t hold off this conversation, he knew that Spider needed to be told immediately. They needed to know, so that they could make choices for themselves. There would still be time to catch Hazel, if they hurried… the idea of losing them both was earth shattering. He felt his heartbeat pick up, felt the shame and fear beneath it. But he owed Spider the truth.

He sat along the sandy shore, where the dark could hide his expression, and the wind could brush against his raw emotions. It was here that he raised his head and howled for their child. For their Spider, whose world he was about to destory.

"Speech"
[Image: 2yUYF9E.png]
As his Consort, Ignita can enter any of his threads without warning

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

An icon representing the specialty Berserker Berserker

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
06-07-2024, 03:25 AM

something is…brewing. they can feel it lingering overhead, thick and tense, obscuring their mind in a fog of uncertainty and self-doubt. it’s something they can’t name, but it’s there in Ig’s face, in Hazel’s distance. it’s lurking around every corner, like a storm cloud threatening to break. any moment, they’ll feel it: a thunderous down pour. so although Bas’ summons sparks anxiety, they’re almost glad for it. they can’t quite say why, but something about this meeting feels…cathartic. a culmination of sorts. an unrevealing of truths. approaching at a hesitant pace, Spider inclines their head looks Bas fully in the face, searching for a hint of what’s to come. scared and bracing for impact. “hey, Dad, what’s up?”

"Speech"

1-D4-BC8-FA-F2-A8-4248-A607-57-A418-BA7-D2-C-removebg-preview

Spider has a male raven companion named Doomsday and a female snake companion named Lady Snakeskin. Assume they are present unless stated otherwise.

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
06-07-2024, 02:24 PM
He felt old, and raw from the emotions that battered against him. When Spider arrived, it was with a weary approach, and Basilisk found himself wondering what had bleed into his call. He didn’t want to break Spider’s heart. He knew that the stability and love they had found here had been knitting what their birth parents had broken. How would this hurt their child?

“Love is.. complicated.” It was a stupid start, but there was no right or easy way to ease into what he had to say. “Hazel and I have broken up, and she’s gone her separate way. I won’t stop you from following her, but if you choose to… you will always have a home here.” he shut up, hearing the raw emotions bleed through his words. Too much, too much. He needed to be able to deliver this news without crying.

"Basilisk" || "Spider"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
06-07-2024, 04:40 PM

it’s like a knife to their chest, taking their breath away and clearing all thoughts from their head. for a moment, Spider can only stare at Bas in uncomprehending silence, completely still except for the steady rise and fall of their chest. Bas and Hazel had…? but they’re Bas and Hazel. they’ve known each other since they were pups; they love each other. “oh.” to their mortification, tears gather along their lash line, threatening to fall. hadn’t they had that day at the beach not so long ago? Spider recalls sitting beside Bas, wishing for a love just like the one he has with Hazel. had? lifting their head, Spider blinks rapidly at the sky, attempting to force the tears back in. “um…c-can i ask why?”

"Speech"

Spider has a male raven companion named Doomsday and a female snake companion named Lady Snakeskin. Assume they are present unless stated otherwise.

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
06-07-2024, 04:51 PM
Basilisk leaned forward, moving to wipe a tear that fell from Spider's eye- if the other wolf would let him. His own eyes were feeling full, and he blinked, trying to pull the tears back. He felt such a fool, he hadn’t meant to make such a mess of things.

He let out a steadying breath at Spider's question, knowing he couldn’t avoid it. But he could face it. He wouldn’t hide the mistakes he had made from Spider. “Hazel and I as best friends… there was so much trust between us. So much understanding, and support. As a relationship… I felt like she was pulling away. I wanted to get back to where we had been. I wanted to be best friends. But she could not and would not forgive me for breaking her heart. I’ve made a right mess of things, Spider.” It wasn’t the whole story, but it was the whole truth in what he felt for Hazel, and how things had led to where they had. "What do you want to do now?" He asked, he would support Spider in whatever they chose.

"Speech"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
06-07-2024, 05:21 PM

Spider leans into Bas’ touch, needing the physical comfort as they feel their entire universe shifting under their feet. they can’t even imagine a world without a BasandHazel. in fact, their entire understanding of romantic love has been shaped by them, by the support and understanding they lend each other. and Hazel - gone? their mind flashes back to that dinner they’d shared, how quiet and frustrated she’d been. to think they’d been expecting a puppy announcement! “i d-don’t really understand,” they admit, feeling small. and did Bas say he’d…broken her heart? “so she’s really gone? she just left?” did she even want to see Spider anymore? they might be as close as they’d been when Spider was young, but they didn’t think she’d just leave them behind so easily. and now they’re being asked to make a choice about their entire future, about whether they to leave the only home they’ve ever known or follow a woman who hadn’t thought to say goodbye. “i wanna stay,” Spider sniffles, wiping furiously at their face. “the Armada is my home.” their world is spiralling out of control - to lose the Armada alongside Hazel would be detrimental.

"Speech"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
06-07-2024, 05:30 PM
When Spider leaned into him, he pulled them gently forward. Grateful they weren’t pushing him away. He’d certainly expected it. “Her pillars were Sirius, Halo, you and… me. I broke her heart, and Sirius and Halo are gone. I guess… I guess it was too much for her to stay.” He apologised, knowing that he hadn’t just broken Hazel's heart, but had taken her from Spider as well.

He wrapped a paw around the younger wolf and kissed their brow. Letting out a shaky breath. He hadn’t realised just how afraid he had been at what Spider would choose. “I want you to stay. But you will always have the right to find her.” and he would never judge Spider for that. Hazel was the one who had brought him here, after all.

"Speech"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
06-07-2024, 07:49 PM

Spider can feel Bas’ trepidation, and it reminds them how tremulous this must be for him, too. Hazel has been a part of his life for so long, to no longer have her at his side must be jarring. as much as it pains them, he’s probably feeling it ten-fold. but his words soothe them, too, further solidifying their place in the Armada. to have found a place of belonging…it means more to them than they could even articulate. as silent tears slip down their cheeks, however, something about Bas’ phrasing draws them up short. “you, um…you keep saying you broke her heart. can i ask what that means?” had something serious transpired between them? a vicious argument, perhaps?

"Speech"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
06-07-2024, 07:59 PM
He sometimes forgot that Spider was still so young. He rubbed their back lightly with a giant paw as he considered how to phrase it. Spider had had a crush before, had told him about the vikings he had affection for. But they had never been in a relationship, and entrusted their heart to another. “When she and I became a relationship, that’s a promise. A commitment. I broke that when I broke up with her. She gave me her heart, and in leaving her I broke it.” He explained, hoping his words could do justice to the situation, and Spider what understand exactly what he had done.

"Speech"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
06-07-2024, 10:15 PM

Spider nods along, but deep down they feel something inside them…hardening. they always thought they wanted love, a great romance like their adoptive parents had. but maybe…maybe it isn’t worth the trouble. not if it could be so complicated and destructive. not if it could rend families apart. in fact, now the entire thing seems unnecessarily risky. perhaps it’d be best not to bother. suddenly Spider just feels tired, rung out and hollow and in need of a good cry. sniffling, Spider withdraws from Bas’ embrace and peers up at him with red-rimmed eyes. “‘m gonna go to bed,” they mumble, rubbing their nose. maybe if they sleep, a tomorrow without Hazel will seem a little less unbearable.

"Speech"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
06-07-2024, 10:19 PM
Basilisk could see the tears in Spider’s eyes, and that shame rose up inside of him again. Beating him down, relentless in its pursuit to ensure he knew that this was his fault. the other wolf withdrew from him and Basilisk let them go with some reluctance. He wouldn’t make Seers mistakes and hold his kids too close… but it was tempting. Very tempting. He wanted to protect Spider from the things that would hurt them. Instead, he had done this to them.

“...Spider. You know I’ll always love you, right?” He asked softly, reaching out a paw to gently touch to the underside of the smaller wolf's chin. “And if you need to talk about this, you can always talk to me.” If they would want to.

"Speech"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
06-07-2024, 10:56 PM

Spider softens, a wobbly smile trembling along their face. “i know, Dad.” even through everything, they could never resent Bas for this, not if he and Hazel were unhappy. “and i…i don’t blame you. i just wish...” giving a huge sniff, they square their shoulders. “i just wish things could be different.” their heart aches where it beats against their chest, a physical thing that hurts just as much as any tangible wound. but there’s no salve that can be applied, no stitch or bandage to fix this pain, and that’s what sucks the most about this whole situation: the only thing to do is push through and ride it out, hope it lessens a little with every passing day. “i’ll be in my room.” they hesitate, then press a kiss to Bas’ cheek. he must be hurting too, and they wish they’re in a better headspace to offer comfort. “love you too, Dad.”

- exit unless stopped

"Speech"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. I have no words Soul Sand Cove 12:28 AM, 06-07-2024 09:00 PM, 06-13-2024