size
Paleo species
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
06-08-2024, 02:34 AM
Basilisk gave Spider a few days to adjust to the colossal change in his life. Giving him a little space and time before they approached them. The younger wolf might have gone out of their way to assure Bas that they didn’t blame him… but that didn’t mean the guilt wasn’t still there.

He grabbed a few rabbits and went searching for the Heir. He sent his falcon out looking as well, and it wasn’t long before they found Spider in the woods. Basilisk picked up his pace to catch up with the other wolf, and fell into step beside them. “Have some time to have dinner with your old man?” He asked, keeping his voice gentle. Feeling out where the two of them stood.

"Basilisk" || "Spider"

[Image: 2yUYF9E.png]
As his Consort, Ignita can enter any of his threads without warning

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Expert Hunter (216)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
06-08-2024, 07:35 AM
over the past few days, Spider has mostly been keeping to themselves. in fact, aside from meals and bathroom breaks, they've scarcely left their nest; it's like a bone-deep weariness has descended upon them, making it near-impossible to get up and move about. they thought they'd use this time to process everything, but they've been unable to even consider Hazel's departure without a headache starting up at the forefront of their mind, thumping against their temples like a second heartbeat. so when Bas finds them in the woods, the face he sees is swallow-cheeked and bleary-eyed, exhaustion etched clearly into their face. still, they're able to muster a tiny half-smile for the warlord. "sure thing, Dad." they haven't had much of an appetite recently, but if anything can entice them, a juicy rabbit will do the trick.
"Speech"
1-D4-BC8-FA-F2-A8-4248-A607-57-A418-BA7-D2-C-removebg-preview

Spider has a male raven companion named Doomsday and a female snake companion named Lady Snakeskin. Assume they are present unless stated otherwise.

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
06-09-2024, 12:30 AM
Basilisk took careful stock in Spider as he stood before them. Taking note of their bleary eyes and the faint signs of depression around them. Not good. Though he completely understood. He was torn between wanting to smother Spider, and wanting to give them space. He didn’t know how to parent, and had been making this up as he went along from the start. What did Spider need?

He led Spider to a small clearing where they could take a seat, and plopped a rabbit in front of each of them. He scrambled about for something to say. “How are you getting along with your hunts?” He settled on.

"Basilisk" || "Spider"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Expert Hunter (216)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
06-09-2024, 01:31 AM
Spider follows Bas in silence, sitting back on their haunches and nodding their gratitude as a rabbit is placed before them. its scent is tantalising, but they can only manage a few bites before their stomach starts to cramp up. they glance up at Bas' question, scanning his face. did he want to know what they'd been doing to better the pack? is this a test? "um...it's okay. good." should they be doing more, as heir? "Wylan and Ollie and i did a group thing with Wylan's new companion. um. and i'm teaching Halldora a few defence moves." their expression hardens, uncharacteristically solemn. "i'll make you proud, Dad. i promise." is he regretting naming them heir already? "i'll work harder."

"Speech"

Spider has a male raven companion named Doomsday and a female snake companion named Lady Snakeskin. Assume they are present unless stated otherwise.

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
06-09-2024, 01:46 AM
He hadn’t realised that Spider had already encountered Halldora and was teaching her. good. That was very good. They were showing an interest in the wolves that came in. his thoughts trailed down that path, and he was caught by surprise when Spider spoke next.

He lifted his head quickly, looking at Spider. Studying them again in a moment of silence. The hard lines… they were new. “You work hard enough, Spider.” he said, reaching out to grab their paw gently in his own. “I know I haven’t had as much time since becoming Warlord. But I am proud of who you are, and who you're becoming.” He said, his voice solemn, and his words true.

"Basilisk" || "Spider"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Expert Hunter (216)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
06-09-2024, 02:58 AM
it softens the ache in them, to hear Bas’ praise. they can’t help it; a part of them will always be that little pup that just wants to please their Dad. “no, you…you’ve been good.” their words are earnest, and it shows on their face. no matter how busy his new duties have kept him, Bas has always given them an ear when they’ve needed it. Spider sniffles, some of the nausea subsiding, and even manages a few more bites of rabbit. they silently note the taste, relishing the meaty flavour as it explodes across their tongue. “i just don’t know how to go on without her,” they murmur after a moment, staring at their feet. a non-sequitur, but they need to get the words off their chest. and if they don’t talk about it now, the wounds are likely to fester and wrought lasting damage. “i’m scared.” the admission makes them feel so young, so helpless. “everything’s changing up on us.” Spider steals a glance at Bas, feeling foolish; how long ago were they comforting Strai over similar fears?

"Speech"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
06-09-2024, 03:15 AM
Finding the right balance would always be difficult, and he had no idea how his Grandfather had managed it. No matter how busy he got, or how harsh the winter… he needed to make sure he was giving Spider time. Especially now. With this loss hanging over the both of them. He lowered his head a little, though he still looked at Spider. “Me too.” he admitted quietly. “She’s always been there…” And he had never expected… had never foreseen… how easily she left. How easily he hurt her.

He looked at the rabbit in his paws, his own appetite shrinking. He tried to push down that guilt again, box it back up in his heart. He had to. It was the only way he could get on with it, work for the pack. Get them through the winter.

"Basilisk" || "Spider"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Expert Hunter (216)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
06-10-2024, 01:35 AM
as expected, Bas is hurting just as much as them in the wake of Hazel’s departure. even if he’d broken her heart, she’d been a fixture in his life since he was a pup. in fact, whatever pain they’re feeling, Bas might be feeling it tenfold. “i know she was your best friend.” they’re practically whispering, but the words feels overly loud in the silence between them. “she left me a note, you know? on my pillow.” the words may as well be practically burned into their fur, they’ve re-read them that often. “so…she did think of me. before she left.” it’s a paltry Band-Aid on their aching heart. shaking their head, Spider shoves the thought away. “tell me a story from your childhood, Dad. what were you like as a pup?” they could both use some cheering up, and surely a young Bas got into all sorts of shenanigans.

"Speech"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
06-10-2024, 01:43 AM
Basilisk blinked, his eyes widening in surprise at Spider’s confession. She’d thought of Spider, written to them. He ached to know what words she had put down on paper, but knew also it was a dangerous path. He had no right to her words, to whatever parting she had shared with Spider. He pushed down the urge to ask for it, giving his kid the boundaries they deserved.

Spider’s question came from the left field, and he was still reeling from news of the note. He took a while to answer, pulling apart a piece of his rabbit as he slowly tried to get his thoughts in order. His childhood was… was trying to please his father at every turn, and barely getting so much as a nod of encouragement for his efforts. It was watching his dad take his almost-twin and return without her. It was his other siblings, vanishing slowly around them and the question that Hazel had forced him to ask himself. What had Azure done with his children?

“Well.” he said, scrambling for something lighter to say. Something that didn’t include Hazel, who had been a fixture for most of his childhood. “I had days where I grew so fast, that people swore I walked out of the den twice the size I went in the next day.” He offered a small smile to Spider. His childhood had been fraught with difficulties, and the only other wolf he had shared them with had been Hazel.

"Basilisk" || "Spider"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Expert Hunter (216)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
06-10-2024, 09:52 AM
it helps to listen to Bas talk about something else, even if it kind of feels like they’re skirting around a big Hazel sized crater. Spider smiles, soft and small, picturing an awkward gangly version of Bas still growing into his limbs. they’ve never seen anyone as big as him; how strange it must’ve been for those around him to witness his growth. maybe they thought he’d never stop. “well,” Spider says after a moment, some of that usual playfulness back in their voice, if a bit subdued, “you are pretty big. but you know what?” they lower their voice, eyes brightening with mischief. “i think i’ll surpass you one day.” they lift their chin, drawing themselves up with mock haughtiness. “just you wait and see. i’ve got a few growth spurts in me, i can feel it.” jokes are good. jokes distract from the ache and the misery. jokes mean it can’t hurt too bad, not really; not if they’re laughing.

"Speech"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
06-13-2024, 11:15 PM
Basilisk managed to push past his thoughts and offer an amused grin as Spider commented on his height, and then went on to explain how they would be bigger one day. “Oh?” He asked with a grin. They both knew that Spider wasn’t going to get much bigger than they were now. But that was okay, Spider made up for it with their strength and personality.

Basilisk reached over and ruffled the hair on Spider’s head, before twitching his paws warningly and unleashing a light tickling on Spider’s chest “Yeah? Alright then, I challenge you to surpass my height in two years.” He teased,

"Basilisk" || "Spider"