size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Pride - BisexualPride - Demisexual
06-10-2024, 02:13 PM

The fire lit and words he'd understood in spirit if not the literal words shared and spoken Majima had noticed the groups starting to disperse and the young boy decided he would as well. He settled himself into the long grass, choosing a place where he could watch the groups that milled around the fire still and a few others. He was people (wolf?) watching. At the best of times he wasn't necessarily interested in being too social and he certainly wasn't eager to put his common language skills on display. So watching those around him it was, it was still interesting to him at least, watching how those outside the bamboo conducted themselves, the things they said or did.

"Majima"

Art by 1Lumbago3

Bancha

Obscura
Stripling

Expert Healer (150)

Expert Navigator (160)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Bunni
06-10-2024, 03:32 PM
Feeling more and more disheartened that he hadn't seen Bowen yet, Bancha waited politely as the Lord of Cinder lit the giant bonfire and everyone began to disperse. Once he had explained everything to whoever needed to know, the young wolf set out to find someone to talk do or something to do. Being the social butterfly that he is, he feels the itch to spill words from him lips. A sensation that made his nose twitch and his paws bounce through the grass a little more. Well, and, he's short so he sort of has to bounce higher so that he can see farther across the plains and its very, very tall grass.

Making his way along the outskirts of the festival, Bancha notices another wolf similar in age to himself, but much larger. A tilt of his head and a brief pause of his paws, considering his options, before he's trotting over, tail wagging happily behind him. "Konbanwa!" Bancha greets before he stops, looking a tad embarrassed. "Oh, sorry, I mean evening! Been taking lessons with my papa and it sorta took over my head for a second," he lets out a light laugh as he continues to close the distance between himself and the koi teenager.

Taking a seat in the grass beside Majima, he admires the boy's twirling horns for a moment before realizing he's also now staring. "Uh, sorry, again," an awkward clearing of his throat as he smiles again. "I'm Bancha Satoru-Klein. What're you doing?" He turns to look out across the field where Majima is also watching the other wolves.

BANCHA

as an adult, bancha will prefer they/them but until he's matured, he/him is fine too!

Majima

Tojo-kai
Atotsugi

Beginner Fighter (0)

Beginner Intellectual (0)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Pride - BisexualPride - Demisexual
06-10-2024, 04:58 PM

Majima hadn't exactly seen the little wolf bounding towards him, if he'd been looking the right direction he probably would have noticed the movement at least but considering the other pup's size it was easy to miss him. But that greeting immediately pulled his attention. Majima was his father's son and despite his initial surprise and then curiosity he hardly showed it, probably hitting the poor smaller boy with a quiet stare. Majima for his part was struck by two things, one was that the splotching on the boy seemed somewhat familiar even if of a colour he wasn't used to and the second was those ears.

Majima had observed the wolf-dog when she'd been around, had even seen the slight shift in his father when she was near and he'd mimicked it on instinct before, but in truth he didn't really get the reasoning behind it. Not that he didn't understand the importance of bloodlines, especially for himself but he didn't really have any issues with others choosing a dog.

"Konbanwa." Majima intoned. "Hattori Majima... eeto..." He realized a little too late he'd introduced himself in the way he'd been taught but not how it seemed was common outside the bamboo. "I mean Majima Hattori." His English was stilted still, accent heavy as he struggled through the strange syllabic patterns. What language ended words in consonants? "Satoru-san is your outo- father?" He had softened somewhat, curiosity taking over. Satoru certainly seemed like a name from his ancestral homeland and Klein wasn't exactly unknown to him so process of elimination really. A somewhat awkward conversational stream maybe but Majima had the social skills of a rock so really what was he going to do?

"Majima"

Art by 1Lumbago3

Bancha

Obscura
Stripling

Expert Healer (150)

Expert Navigator (160)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Bunni
06-19-2024, 09:10 AM
Bancha attempts not to look over at the boy too much. He had been told it was rude to stare even if he didn’t understand why. After all, he was a curious wolf-dog and when others looked different than him, he wanted nothing more than to ask all the questions. Which he had plenty zipping through his head as the other boy spoke in stilted, accented words that sounded familiar, but not too familiar. So instead of staring, Bancha looks out over the plains, watching the festivities unravel around them.

that fluently yet, but I’m trying,” his brows draw downward, ears folding backward, hoping that Majima understands. “Satoru-San is indeed my otou-san, but his real name is Mojito. Says he likes drinks from his culture which is why I was named Bancha,” he giggles, giving his head a shake before letting out a sigh.

“So does everyone where you’re from not speak the common language?” Bancha inquires, head canting as he steals a look over at Majima.

as an adult, bancha will prefer they/them but until he's matured, he/him is fine too!