gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Helix
06-19-2024, 09:17 PM
Alaric found himself for the beaches of Auster at night. The algae here illuminated the shore in a brilliant, admittedly beautiful, blue hue. He and his cane corso Maul strolled the edge of the shore, seemingly relaxing in the night. Alaric listened to the waves, their lulling washing over the sand. It was a peaceful night. He had no idea of the company that was about to join him. When the new scent filled the air, he sniffed at it curiously. His eyes squinted through the dark and he let out a warning call. "Who goes there?" He called out to the dark, Maul let out a low and deep growl.

Atreyu

Loner

Intermediate Fighter (30)

Beginner Healer (10)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

Rapid Poster - Silver
06-19-2024, 09:35 PM
Atreyu moved with all the confidence of a slowly drifting continent, her massive pawprints illuminated in the wet sand of this mystifying beach. The surf was illuminated by what she could only assume was some sort of algae or bacteria that was bioluminescent. Darkness had never truly been a friend to the metallic-looking woman, her bright colors and sheer were often given away unless there was no light from the moon. Today it was her vanilla, brown sugar and marijuana scent that gave her away. 'Who goes there?' Came a masculine voice from nearby. Her holographic gaze caught his light colored pelt, black sclera shifting as her eyes moved in his direction.

Holographic silver-to-lavender landed on him with suspicious intensity. Not far off his companion lingered in the background, but her eyes were on the wolf. "I am called Atreyu, and who goes there?" Her feline-patterned pelt almost seems to glint metallically as she shakes off the ocean spray, black ears tipped forward, eyes guarded but her face is impassive. Her expression remains unreadable until she has her answer. Who was this wolf to demand anything? She truly wished to know, in her mind no one was the boss of her.
Atreyu can be rated M for mature, not always, but expect it to pop up from time to time.
Her companion, Bigs, is assumed to be with her unless otherwise mentioned.

Alaric

Loner

Expert Fighter (200)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Helix
06-19-2024, 11:14 PM
Alaric's black tipped ears swiveled to catch the strangers response. It was a woman. Who didn't seemed to pleased at his demanding. A smirk graced his black maws. "Alaric Warmaw." He rumbled back to Atreyu. He stepped forwards, more closer, to get a better look at the woman through the dark. Her pelt was cat like and metallic. Her eyes held little hospitality. "And what do I owe the displeasure of your company?" He borderline sneered with distaste. "As far as I know, I was the only one on this beach til you arrive." He snorted slightly, his toes tapping against the sand in some slight irritation. He wanted to enjoy his peaceful evening, not be interrupted by another brat. He thought back to the girl who had charged and fought him under the northern lights. She had ruined such a beautiful spectacle. He had taught the young girl a lesson, hopefully one she would not forget. He didn't wish the same to happen here at this beach but he was ready for anything that the stranger may pull.

Atreyu

Loner

Beginner Healer (10)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

Rapid Poster - Silver
06-20-2024, 10:11 AM

When the brutish male responded with his name, Atreyu made sure to commit it to memory. His follow-up question nearly made her control slip, though she brushed off his sneered query and managed to keep her fur smooth. Looking him over without scanning him outright, Atreyu gives a little flick of her tail in an almost feline motion. "I believe this is a free beach, and trust me, so far, the displeasure is all mine." She allowed her lip to curl ever so slightly as she spoke to him. She made no move toward or away from the male, her own dire form being larger and more balanced. There was no fear, only an instant dislike of the male.

Perhaps the fault was not truly with him, just his manners. Who was he to demand anything from her? "I was also alone until you came along. Seems we have a similar issue." What she was truly saying was a simple, 'you go your way, I'll go mine.' Atreyu was an expert at minding her own business, unlike the male who had called to her first. "To be fair, you called out to me, and therefore disturbed my peace." She didn't understand what had disturbed him so, but she could attest to being equally disturbed, if not more so. The male had no reason to be bristly with her, but they couldn't all be winners. His scars said he was a veteran in battle though, so maybe he was simply used to being so waspish.

Open your wings, Evil Angel!
'Thinking.' || "Talking." || 'Hearing.'

Atreyu can be rated M for mature, not always, but expect it to pop up from time to time.

Alaric

Loner

Expert Fighter (200)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Helix
06-22-2024, 04:27 PM
"Then we are both displeased." Alaric grumbled bluntly. He gave a gently nudge to Maul, assuring the dog that all was ok. He didn't believe this female was a threat. Just an annoyance at best. Alaric let out a sigh and turned his gaze away from the woman. "I suppose two can coexist on this beach fine." He pondered out loud, loud enough for her to hear. "Just stick to your own and there will be no problems." He told her, even if she was annoying, Alaric saw no reason for bloodshed at the moment. He began to walk away from her, motioning Maul to follow behind him. The cane corso followed obediently as Alaric put more space between himself and the stranger. Maybe there was more peace and quiet further down the shoreline.

Atreyu

Loner

Beginner Healer (10)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

Rapid Poster - Silver
06-22-2024, 11:13 PM

Atreyu watched the male carefully as he responded, black scelra making the holographic silver-to-lavender of her irises seem to shine in the night. Her stare was hard, guarded, her stance said she was ready for anything he might throw at her and she was. The interaction had made her tense enough to flex her claws in the sand, the motion illuminated in the unique way of the beach. He nudged his dog then, and every muscle on her body coiled up. Her face remained impassive though, "I have no problem minding my own business, unlike some."

The words were out before she could take them back, a rare slip of control that meant she was actually annoyed to the point of anger. Who was he to tell her to mind her own? He had called out to her first! If she hadn't been so fresh from tragedy she would have fought him, but with the images of the fallen members of her family and pack so searingly hot in her mind, she would not fight anyone. When the male signaled his companion to leave, Atreyu gave a curt nod and turned around to leave the way she had come. Minding her own business as she had been when he called out to her.

Alaric

Loner

Expert Fighter (200)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Helix
06-22-2024, 11:49 PM
Alaric was continuing his way down the beach when the last string of words that came from the females mouth made him abruptly stop in his tracks. It set off a sort of rage in him. A rage he didn't feel like containing. But let's face it, when was Alaric ever good at controlling his anger towards the world? He whipped around and stomped his way towards the female. His angry paw steps closed the gap between them fairly quick. Maul followed in suit, his hackles raising along with this tail. Alaric got right into the female's face, his nose damn near touching hers. His hellfire colored eyes bore into her metallic ones.

"Unlike some, I know when to close my mouth." That was a lie. He was blunt and harsh with his words. He was prideful. But she didn't know that, at least not yet. Anger clouded him and he didn't care what he said, as long as he got the upper hand. His tail raised to the sky and his own furry hackles raised. For a moment it looked like he would lunge, but he didn't. "Now walk off, brat. Off this beach or else." His lips pulled back in a dominant snarl. He wanted to watch her turn and walk off this damn beach. He wanted the satisfaction of seeing her having no choice but to.

Atreyu

Loner

Beginner Healer (10)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

Rapid Poster - Silver
06-23-2024, 08:39 AM

Atreyu knew she would be instigating when she said what she did. The instant the words were out of her mouth, the spotted woman turned back around to see if he had heard her only to catch his smaller form stomping back across the beach. His dog followed along with him as he closed the distance between them and stopped just a breath away from her. The male's words were like a toxin flowing into her, taking root in something old and primeval within her. She suddenly didn't care that pain could overshadow anger, she wouldn't be giving this male any kind of satisfaction.

His harshness was not lost on her, nor was the dominant way he came at her. Anger curled its way through her body, making her stand up to her full height of forty-four inches, her toes flexing their cat-like claws in the sand. No one, not even her own parents...No one would tell her what to do. She gave a growl in response, "You know, I think I'll enjoy this glowing beach a little longer. And since you're all in my business, would you like to join me?" She gave a wide smile in the wake of his posturing. Atreyu's own spotted tail raised above her hips and her hackles raised. Though his posture and words promised violence, Atreyu found she was more amused than angry.

Alaric

Loner

Expert Fighter (200)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Helix
06-23-2024, 09:03 AM
There was a flash or something in Alaric's eyes as the woman spoke and smiled, all while her body posture mimicked his own. It was a brief flash of surprise, it it quickly fell off. Gone. Ghost within seconds. Instead, Alaric's black maws twisted into a prideful smirk. "I'd be honored to." The words dropped with venom and he felt like gagging just saying them. A bright idea popped into his head and to turned his gaze to look at Maul. "Follow me, Maul. Let's give our friend here a tour of the beach." He motioned the beast to follow. He walked past the woman and purposely slammed one of his shoulders into hers, harshly, as an insult as he walked by. Once he was a few feet away he passed in his tracks, looking back at her and flicking his tail. "Are you coming or not?" He sneered distrustfully. He didn't trust this woman. He didn't like this woman. It was evident in how he spoke and carried himself around her.

Atreyu

Loner

Beginner Healer (10)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

Rapid Poster - Silver
06-23-2024, 03:47 PM

Though it was brief, the look of surprise that flashed over the man's facial features made her smile wider. She hadn't missed that look, attuned to him as she was. Her eyes soaked up every motion, every microexpression on his face, searching him for any signal that he would attack her. Though his face quickly returned to his angry glowering, Atreyu felt proud of herself for catching the male off his guard, even if it was only for a moment. His face contorted into a smirk at her words, and where he had let a bit of his surprise slip, Atreyu kept her mask firmly in place. 'I'd be honored to.' He lied, that easily, those venom-soaked words were like acid on her eardrums.

Of course, he would. Of course, the male would make her eat her own words and force their tedious interaction on her further. Of course, he would. Irritation was hidden behind a terse smile, even as he turned to the dog at his side her false joy remained firmly in place of her displeasure. She didn't like this male, not one bit. He was rude and maybe a bit deluded about the world it would seem. Alaric then moved to go by her, attempting to slam his shoulder into her as he passed her by. Atreyu moved just a bit away from him, so that it would appear he tripped rather than hitting her. As she said, she would not be giving him any sort of satisfaction.

Atreyu found herself glaring after him, watching him stop as she turned to follow him. He asked if she was coming or not, to which she only rolled her eyes and motioned him forward with one cat-like paw. "After you, m'lady." She said, rudely reminding him that the typical rule was 'ladies first.' She supposed she needed a tour one way or the other, and so chose to tag along and learn more about where she was...No matter who the teacher was.

Alaric

Loner

Expert Fighter (200)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Helix
06-26-2024, 02:39 PM
Alaric felt his attempted shoulder slam ultimately fail and his weight shift forwards. Luckily, he caught himself in time to avoid tripping. His black paws buried in the sand. He flicked one of his ears with annoyance, listening to the woman. "Oh you're too kind." He sneered, unamused. He continued to walk forward and much to his dismay, she followed him. He was really going to have to give a tour of a stupid beach? He let out a sigh. "On your left you'll see sand. And water. And mysteriously glowing algae." He rambled over with an unamused tone. "And on your right, you guessed it, even more sand." He tried to sound shocked at this revelation, but it was clouded by his grumpy mood. He cleared his throat and kept walking, Maul staying by his side. He figured if they were going to talk he might as well introduce himself. "Alaric. Not that it matters to you." He muttered out to the woman.

Atreyu

Loner

Beginner Healer (10)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

Rapid Poster - Silver
06-27-2024, 03:26 PM

She'd struck a nerve, she could tell by the way he sneered at her in response to her quip. "I am too kind, aren't I?" Atreyu gave him a smirk and followed along with him. Had it been a different wolf, one with a more kind disposition, she might have expected a better tour. This one, however, she knew he was going to be abrasive when it came down to it. Silently, she took a breath to calm herself, not truly wishing to start a fight before she gained the name of this place. She needed to know where she was.

"Do you know what this place is called?" She asked, trying to remain patient, though the brute made it difficult with his sarcastic tour. Of course, she had dealt with wolves like him on her travels, but she hadn't given them the time she gave this male. He introduced himself again, which was sort of a blessing in disguise because she couldn't remember his name. Maybe he didn't remember hers either, "Atreyu." She said with a curt nod to him, trying her best to remember her manners. She had been taught better than to antagonize a stranger, but honestly, this stranger had bothered her first. She was determined she would give him the bitterness that he gave her. It was only fair.

Alaric

Loner

Expert Fighter (200)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Helix
06-28-2024, 11:50 AM
Alaric's black tipped ears perked forwards and swiveled slightly back as the woman spoke. "The beach or the island you're on?" He asked to clarify which name she wanted. He cleared his throat and decided to give her both. "You're on Auster currently. It's the most south of the two continents." He told her, his tone seemed neutral at best. "The shores are called the shimmering shores, how creative." That had a bit of sarcasm to it. Alright it wasn't directed at the woman. Really, who named these places? He guessed it was fitting, with the bioluminescent algae and everything. "Where are you from?" He dared to ask. Even if it was for sake not having tense silence between the two.

Atreyu

Loner

Beginner Healer (10)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

Rapid Poster - Silver
06-28-2024, 10:58 PM

Perhaps the male wasn't all bad, he had begrudgingly given her the tour of the beach. He could have said a simple no and walked away, but he didn't. He asked for clarification, though he went on to give her better bearings on where she was before she could answer his question. Truthfully, she had only meant to name the beach, but the continent helped also. So this was the southern continent, which would mean she got here on the northern continent first.

Alaric continued, stating the name of the beach as the Shimmering Shore. The name made sense, as the beach did seem to shimmer. However, his sarcasm was not missed, though she could tell it wasn't quite directed at her. She could give that one a pass, choosing a tentative peace over any further aggravation. "That's easy to remember." She said in an almost helpful tone. After that, things were quiet for a bit, then Alaric asked where she was from.

"A place that is dead now, my home is gone...it was...a massacre." Pain gripped her heart in an icy fist, but she wouldn't let that show in front of the white and black male, or his dog. "My homeland is Judila." The heaviness of her heart couldn't be hidden, it shined in the warmth of her voice. Longing was in her tones as well, a yearning to go home to something that no longer existed. She still had yet to find her siblings or any of her pack members. Atreyu was beginning to suspect she may have been the only one who escaped that hell alive.

Alaric

Loner

Expert Fighter (200)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Helix
06-29-2024, 09:23 AM
Alaric stepped forwards towards the waves and dipped his front paws in. He listened carefully to the waves and the sound of Atreyu's voice. He could pick up the emotion she was trying to hide from him, and a wave of guilt washed over him like the water that danced past his toes. Maybe he had been too...off-putting. Too cold. "This world is a cruel one." The words left his lips in a honest sigh. Those words were exactly how Alaric viewed the world. Cruel and unforgiving. He'd witness it too many times for it not to be true in his eyes. He turned his head finally to face her, his expression thoughtful. "Not that it matters, but I'm sorry for the loss of your homeland." He cleared his throat and turned his head back to face the ocean. He looked out to the starry night and horizon of the ocean. Moments ticked by. Home. A word that conjured up so much bitterness and pain for Alaric. He had no home. What home he had was pillaged, destroyed, and turned into a slave camp. What family he had scattered to the winds and left him in chains. Not that Atreyu needed know this. He wouldn't dare spill his backstory to someone, that level of vulnerability wasn't so easily earned in him. "I lived in the mountains away from this land. It was a small village but it exist no more." That was all she would get from him. No details of his slavery, his abuse endured, his family abandoning him. Nothing of true substance.

Atreyu

Loner

Beginner Healer (10)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

Rapid Poster - Silver
07-02-2024, 09:10 PM

Flexing her claws in the sand, Atreyu watched as Alaric moved forward to let the waves gently lap at his paws. There was a moment when his hard exterior slipped and Atreyu saw passed the mask. The man only let those bristly walls down for a moment before they came crashing back up, giving his condolences. "Thank you, that means a lot." He went on to tell her that he too had lost his homeland, though he didn't give any details passed that.

"I, too, am sorry for your loss. It is not an easy road to walk." Atreyu knew only of the mass murder that took place in her pack, the last time she saw her mother was when she was being yelled at to run for her life. So, Atreyu had run. She could never outrun the screams and terror that echoed still in her mind, nor the images of death. It seemed as though she could smell that tangy, metallic scent of blood being spilled all over again. Atreyu shook her rose gold, spotted head with a sigh. "Well, thank you for the tour and everything. I really must be on my way now." She had family to find, and Alaric had just rekindled the urge to go searching for them.

Table by Bird - Art by Shelby