gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
06-20-2024, 11:25 PM

Wylan hadn’t gone to the battlefield before, but he knew of other people that had. It seemed like a great place to get in some practice, and who knew who you might meet there? He trotted from the Armada to the battlefield, pleased that the hike was such a short one.

He settled in on the barren field, his polar bear companion on one side, and his little round sheep on the other. It wasn’t his first choice to bring the sheep, but the silly thing just kept following him around. He glanced at each companion, checked his armour, and then raised his head. Calling out for anyone that wished for a friendly spar.

"Speech"

[Image: lQqyuza.png]
As his 'companion' Krakarak may enter any of Wylan's threads without warning

Barghest

Obscura
Philosopher

Expert Fighter (215)

Master Intellectual (260)

An icon representing the specialty Blessed Blessed

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

Pride - DemisexualPride - Pansexual
06-20-2024, 11:59 PM
Barghest observed the winged wolf from the crest of a small hill that overlooked the battlefield. The setting sun cast long shadows, painting the barren expanse in hues of orange and red. The young wolf's (she was observing) movements were filled with energy. His polar bear companion stood stoically by his side, while the little sheep trotted around his legs, seemingly oblivious to the gravity of the place. Her own mastiffs at her heels the mottled girl descended the hill after deciding she wanted to see this anomaly up close and personal.

The weight of her muscular frame made her footsteps almost silent against the dry earth. Her monochromatic fur shimmered in the fading light, the white transverse stripes across her back rippling as the young wolf approached. Each step she took was deliberate, her eyes never leaving her opponent’s.

She moved with a predatory grace, her aqua eyes locked onto his, assessing him with intensity. Barghest only stopped a few paces from him, her prideful presence filling the space between them. She looked at him, inquisitive, her expression a blend of calculation and amusement. “Hello! I do fancy those wings, I've never seen that before... I am Barghest Klein, and I’ll take you up on your challenge.” Her voice was a rich, resonant blend of male and female tones, carrying a weight that demanded attention. But really, she was all nerves about her first battlefield experience.

""

Barghest is androgynous, meaning she exhibits both masculine and feminine traits at the same time.

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
06-21-2024, 04:49 PM

Oh! the wolf that appeared moments after he howled, answering his call was a sleek black and white, the tones rippling across their form in stripes. They reminded him almost but not quite of a white tiger. He wondered if she would fight like one? They sure walked like a stalking one, creeping closer with deliberate steps. His tail picked up behind him, and he grinned warmly at her. His expression instantly opened up, inviting and friendly without a drop of malice.

“Hello Barghest Klein! Klein, eh? My family is friends with Kleins.” He told her warmly, utterly unaware that the Klein family was vast with different factions. He just knew his Grandpa liked them. “I’m Wylan Fatalis… and you can’t have them.” He teased lightly as the other spoke of fancying his wings.

"Speech"

Barghest

Obscura
Philosopher

Expert Fighter (215)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

06-21-2024, 05:07 PM
Barghest took in Wylan's warm grin and friendly demeanor, her aqua eyes noting the way his tail picked up with excitement. His immediate friendliness was disarming, especially against the seriousness of the setting. As she approached him, she couldn't help but feel a flicker of amusement at his easy going nature. Most wolves she met had a… harsh aura about them. Maybe she did too. Who was to say?

When Wylan mentioned the Klein family, Barghest's interest piqued. It was rare for outsiders to speak of her family with such familiarity. His words carried no malice, just a simple, honest warmth that made her pause for a moment. Her taloned claws flexed upon the ground, tail swishing behind her as she mulled that over for a moment.

“Wylan Fatalis, greetings! Fatalis, that’s Armada, isn’t it?” She replied, her voice resonant and light as she offered him a sly gleam of her eyes. She knew her father had alliances when he was the Ashen King, she could have sworn that was one. “My family is quite big, I’m still meeting more and more everyday.” His teasing remark about his wings brought a genuine, if small, grin to her lips. “I wasn't planning on taking them. Maybe I should try though? Her eyes briefly flicked to his wings, then back to his face, her expression softening with her cheeky retort.

""

Barghest is androgynous, meaning she exhibits both masculine and feminine traits at the same time.

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
06-21-2024, 05:13 PM

It seemed the other wolf was taking a moment to take him in. That was okay, he was used to second glances. Both for his wings, and his attitude. He stretched his wings a little, letting them flutter before resettling at his side. He was eager for a chance to fully stretch out and battle - but he wanted to get to know this wolf a little better first. He didn’t know if that was how it was supposed to be done, but it seemed right somehow.

“That’s right! Klein’s are from the Ashen pack, right?” He asked back, eyes curious and open. As her other words… “I feel the same way!” it burst out of him like laughter. “I swear, every other day I learn about another family member.” He said with a wistful sigh. He wanted to know all of them. “Say, if you beat me, I’ll give you a feather instead?” He suggested.

"Speech"

Barghest

Obscura
Philosopher

Expert Fighter (215)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

06-21-2024, 05:23 PM
Barghest's eyes lingered on the flutter of Wylan's wings, a rare sight among their kind. She appreciated the way he carried himself, confident and eager, yet there was an underlying openness that was almost endearing. What it meant though, she wasn’t sure. Strength? Weakness? His curiosity about her family and the genuine warmth in his voice made her brows furrow for a moment.

“That's right.” She confirmed, her voice steady and somewhat bleeding into somberness. “My father was the King of Ashen.” Her gaze was distant for a moment, thinking of her father bedridden and waiting out the last of his days in a den within Elysium. But as her elder sister had said, there wasn’t time to dwell on those thoughts when she could be making him proud instead. “It's a bit overwhelming, isn't it? Always more to learn, more to meet.”

His suggestion brought a glint of amusement back to her eyes. “A feather, huh?” She tilted her head, considering the offer with a small grin. “What’s it worth to me? But a consolation prize for not having my own wings? Selfish, Wylan. Selfish.” The girl let a pout puff up her cheeks, her lips trembling with the effort to keep the false expression on her face when all she really wanted to do was laugh.

""

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
06-28-2024, 04:05 PM

King of Ashen? He tilted his head to the side, a little confused. Hadn’t Ashen been led by a female, Venom? Perhaps his information was a little out of date. It was true that he hadn’t put much time or effort into learning about the packs of Boreas and Auster yet. Perhaps he should, there were a lot of wolves to get to know between all those packs.

Wylan tilted his head a little further at the other wolf's words. They didn’t want a feather. He plucked a loose one free, and waved it in his maw like a banner. “You don’t want this? But look at it, so shiny, with a hint of blue along the tip.” He said, wiggling it some more as if he could entice Barghest to want it. His eyes sparked with amusement. “You should come get it”

"Speech"

Barghest

Obscura
Philosopher

Expert Fighter (215)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

06-28-2024, 11:23 PM

Her eyes followed the feather's enticing dance, a small smirk playing on her lips. “Oh, I see what you're doing,” She said, her voice lightening with amusement. “Trying to tempt me with shiny things, are you? You think I'm so easily swayed?” Barghest took a deliberate step closer, her aqua eyes locked onto his with a playful glint. “Alright, Wylan, if you want me to come get it, you better be ready for a challenge. I don't just take things lightly.” She paused, her smirk widening. “Besides, a feather from a friend is worth more than just its shine.”

With that, she sprang forward, her movements quick and fluid, aiming to snatch the feather from his grasp with a mischievous laugh.

Barghest vs Wylan for Spar
Round 1/?
Size: Large
Build: Heavy
Offensive Battle Accessory: Metal Talon Caps
Defensive Battle Accessory: Leather Armor for Shoulders & Back
Companion 1: Tibetan Mastiff, 25" - Battle
Companion 2: Tibetan Mastiff, 25" - Battle
Skills: Expert Fighter & Master Intellectual
Specialty: Blessed

""

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
07-01-2024, 11:14 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2024, 11:15 PM by Wylan. Edited 1 time in total.)

“But shiny things are so fun!” Wylan teased lightly in amusement. Hey, it worked with Krak, okay? So why not try it with this silver wolf. He wiggled the feather some more as the other wolf spoke of being ready for the challenge. He was always ready for a challenge!

He tucked the feather into his bracer when Barghest coiled, clearly preparing to spring. When she did so he was ready. He reached out a wing as far as he could, and attempted to poke her rump with it. At the same time he moved the paw with the feather back, and his other one forward, aiming to ramp his shoulder into hers with her initial leap.

Wylan vs Barghest for Spar
Round 1/2
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Light
Offensive Battle Accessory: Front leg bracers with knife
Defensive Battle Accessory: Back leg bracers
Companion 1: Male miniature polar bear, 25" - Battle [Boosted]
Companion 2: Miniature sheep, Male - Battle
Mutation 1: Wings (Defensive)
Mutation 2: Saber fangs (Offensive)
Mutation 3: Cat claws (Offensive)
Skills: Master Fighter & Expert Intellectual

"Speech"

Barghest

Obscura
Philosopher

Expert Fighter (215)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

07-02-2024, 09:27 PM

Her smirk widened at his tease, challenge and excitement flashing in her eyes. We’ll see about that!

As Wylan wiggled the feather and tucked it into his bracer, Barghest’s tail lashed behind her. Fine. He was a quick thinker, huh? She wanted to test those reflexes.

She sprang forward, her gaze locked on Wylan as her surroundings blurred around her. She couldn’t have predicted his next move, though. He used his wing to poke her rump, which caused a surprised noise to escape her maw as she fought to maintain her focus. Was that all those things could do? Or did she need to expect more? She should have expected he’d use those pretty bird wings in battle regardless!

At the same time, she saw his paw with the feather moving back and his other one coming forward, aiming to ram his shoulder into hers. Shit. It wouldn’t do well to take all the weight of that impact from such a larger wolf. She grit her teeth, a mischievous gleam in her eyes as she braced herself. She accepted the slam, but her bearings came quickly, and she was twisting her neck to slam her skull into his.

With a growl, she lurched to the left before darting to the right, her paw extending to snatch at the feather in his bracer. She was enjoying the game, but she wanted to win!

Barghest vs Wylan for Spar
Round 2/2
Size: Large
Build: Heavy
Offensive Battle Accessory: Metal Talon Caps
Defensive Battle Accessory: Leather Armor for Shoulders & Back
Companion 1: Tibetan Mastiff, 25" - Battle
Companion 2: Tibetan Mastiff, 25" - Battle
Skills: Expert Fighter & Master Intellectual
Specialty: Blessed

""

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
8 hours ago

Wylan was really enjoying himself. There was something about spars that were really exciting. You never quite knew what to expect, what move your opponent might pull. Especially fighting with an unknown like Barghest. When he went to slam her, she braced herself, and he could feel the impact shake through his body as they collided.

What he didn’t expect was her counter move. The next thing he knew, their heads were colliding, and he felt like his brain was dislodged from its position in his skull. While he slowly shook it, trying to clear his head she darted to the right. Oop! He tried to pull his paw back, feeling like he was moving in slow motion. Would he move fast enough?

Wylan vs Barghest for Spar
Round 2/2
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Light
Offensive Battle Accessory: Front leg bracers with knife
Defensive Battle Accessory: Back leg bracers
Companion 1: Male miniature polar bear, 25" - Battle [Boosted]
Companion 2: Miniature sheep, Male - Battle
Mutation 1: Wings (Defensive)
Mutation 2: Saber fangs (Offensive)
Mutation 3: Cat claws (Offensive)
Skills: Master Fighter & Expert Intellectual