Beginner Intellectual (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lolaf
07-12-2024, 01:06 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2024, 02:12 AM by Imogen. Edited 1 time in total.)
It was... Well weird wasn't the word but Imogen wasn't sure if she was supposed to feel different now that she was a year old or not. Technically it meant she had more freedom than before and she knew there was some allowance for her to start forging her own path but Imogen wasn't too sure what if anything, was out there for her. Trixy hadn't won her pack and Imogen still felt somewhat like Polaris lands weren't quite her home. But she also liked being close to her parents... Or maybe it was wanting to stick close in the event they ever got her dad back... That one still hit hard.

Imogen was, probably for the first time in her life thinking really hard. Or was trying to. But she just kept going in circles. This was worse than after they'd been chased out of their pack lands and all she'd wanted was to cheer up her parents. Lately she'd found taking a walk outside her usual haunts helped to at least center her more, keep her racing thoughts a bit less... Racing. And nothing cleared her head more than a good run. Which of course was what she was doing. Not sprinting or anything but her pace certainly wasn't leisurely. She was weaving in and around the runestones, given enough time she could probably start wearing a track into the ground as she kept up her pattern and pace.

"Imogen"
Art by Rott-Gutt
[Image: frvmqag.png]

Jiro

Tojo-kai
Atotsugi

Master Hunter (280)

Expert Healer (145)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Bunni
07-25-2024, 06:43 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2024, 01:43 PM by Jiro. Edited 1 time in total.)
As of late, Jiro’s own mind had started to go off in directions that made him uncomfortable. Upon his return from Nihon, it had been relayed to him that his mother had disappeared. His father wouldn’t give him very many details, but that honestly hurt more. What had happened? Did she not love them anymore? The way his heart squeezed tight was an awful feeling and being in the bamboo only made it worse.

So instead of lingering miserably within the maze, he found himself spending his days exploring neighboring territories. One of his favorites was the grassy plains next door home to rising columns of stone etched with mysterious markings that glowed at night. As he walked, he thought about Imogen and wondered how she was doing. It helped to think of someone other than himself because well, that made him sad and he didn’t like being sad.

Nearing the runestones, the rhythmic thump of paws on the ground drew him closer. His brow furrows for a moment wondering why someone would be running circles around the stones. Cresting the nearby hill, he stops when he finds out who it is. Were the gods smiling upon him today? His tail wags excitedly, a half-smile embracing his muzzle as he moves to sit by the nearby stones. Once his rump is on the grass, he looks around to notice a patch of dandelions at his paws. Oh! He could gather some of these while he waited for Imogen to slow down. Knowing her, it could be awhile!

Imogen

Loner

Novice Navigator (15)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lolaf
08-09-2024, 02:02 AM
Unfortunately for Jiro Imogen was not particularly observant. Not at the best of times and it certainly wasn't the best of times. It took nearly two more full laps after her friend had plunked himself down before she finally registered all the stimuli that told her Jiro had found her. Imogen, put on the brakes, half skidding half hopping to a stop, about as graceful as she always was. Which was to say not very.

Despite the dark clouds that swirled around her Imogen couldn't help the smile that broke across her face and the way he tail started to beat the air behind her. "Jiro!" She excitedly said by way of greeting, trotting over to her friend and nearly throwing herself at him, but stopping short of actually tackling her friend. Instead she bumped her head against his shoulder and settled herself right next to him, close enough their fur started blending together. Personal space was something Imogen tended to not think of when she liked or trusted someone.

It had been some time since their last meeting, though she felt it was easy enough to pick up where they'd left off. That didn't mean things hadn't changed. Imogen for her part was starting to well and truely fill out now. Her runners build no longer covered by puppy fat, even if she was still a little gangly for the time being. As for Jiro? Had he always been that tall? Imogen had always been smaller than him but now she felt like if she hugged him she'd be swallowed up by him. Other yearlings might have been a little more self-aware, might have noticed their thoughts drifting towards admiring another wolf but Imogen simply felt her stomach get fluttery and decided it was probably gas. No points for introspection.

"I missed you!" It was said in innocence. Imogen missed most of the wolves she cared about when they weren't around and Jiro certainly qualified.

"Imogen"
Art by Rott-Gutt

Jiro

Tojo-kai
Atotsugi

Master Hunter (280)

Expert Healer (145)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Bunni
08-16-2024, 01:48 PM
Jiro is looking down at the ground, his paws carefully picking dandelions from the base of their stems and placing them into a pile beside him. They would make for good tea later when he could dry them and prep them at his den in the bamboo. Happy that he had found such a versatile herb, he almost forgot that he was waiting for Imogen to finish her running. It isn't until she shouts out his name does he look up with a wide smile and his own tail thumping against the grass.

"Imogen!" He calls back, his paws placing the current dandelion he was holding into the pile as she raced over. Much to Imogen's delight, and his own, Jiro doesn't move as she barrels toward him, nearly tackling him, but stopping only inches away. There's a chuckle under his breath as she plops down beside him, brushing up against his side. The sudden warmth spread from her smaller form sends a wave of relief through him and he feels the tension he'd been holding in reside. It sure was nice being around his friend again!

"I missed you too," Jiro says happily back and just as innocently. Truly, he had missed her and regretted not making more effort to go find her. "My mom kinda disappeared so I went on a little journey to my father's homeland to search for her and learn some history," his accented voice indicates his story is true and the way his words are tense convey how emotional he'd been feeling as of late. "Don't really wanna talk 'bout it though," he admits quietly, eyes drawing from Imogen back down to his pile of dandelions.

Imogen

Loner

Novice Navigator (15)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lolaf
08-25-2024, 12:03 AM
Imogen nestled herself into Jiro's side happily, letting out a little hum of contentment as she did so. Only for it to be under cut somewhat by the words her friend spoke. Imogen frowned. This was not an emotion she was used to seeing on her friend, and it made some part of her quite anxious actually. Also admittedly didn't exactly help her keep her thoughts off her own missing parent.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled lamely, not wanting to keep focus on the topic any more than he did but finding herself unequipped to help in any way. "One of my dads is missin' too. They think maybe someone took him but we don't know." What was the saying? Misery loves company? It was about all she could offer, the knowledge that on a certain level she understood what it was like to suddenly lose a parent.

But she didn't want to dwell on it either. Letting herself fall a little further into Jiro's side she paused for a moment to collect herself. Then gave a loud exhale and righted herself. "Tell me something cool you found!" Was it childish? Yes. Was it an obvious topic switch? Absolutely. "While you were gone, I found a pair of real big of beetles with big horns, kinda like yours. They  were fighting, knocked one of 'em right off the tree!" Imogen nodded her head emphatically once, like what she was saying was the most important information in the world. Before she tossed a grin towards Jiro, hoping to cheer him up, or at least get his mind off of the darker topic weighting him down.

"Imogen"
Art by Rott-Gutt

Jiro

Tojo-kai
Atotsugi

Master Hunter (280)

Expert Healer (145)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Bunni
08-25-2024, 08:14 PM
Jiro leans back into Imogen as she settles into his side. The comfort of having a friend that wasn't stuffy and serious all the time was a relief. Even her personal conflict of a missing father brings a sense of relief that he wasn't alone in the world. Someone else understood how he was feeling! "I hope he's doing okay," he says back quietly, a sort of timid half-smile pursing his lips as he turns his gaze to his pile of dandelions. Pulling a few more from the base of their stems, he places them neatly off to the side so he can take them back to the bamboo later. Content that he had enough, he lifts his head to focus more on Imogen as she tells him the story of the beetles.

"Oh, they sound cool," Jiro says excitedly, his ears perking up as he takes a moment to think of something to tell her. "Mmm," he brings a paw to his chin before something comes to mind. "I found this really cool pond and little hut in the middle of the bamboo! The pond has a ton of really big and colorful fish and there were a bunch of cats living in the hut. I don't think many others know its there," his silver gaze turns to Imogen, hoping she too finds his story neat. "Maybe I can take you there one day!" He offers as his tail thumps happily against the grass, pleased that they found something else to talk about.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Going in circles The Runestones 01:06 PM, 07-12-2024 01:57 PM, 10-02-2024