An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 11KPride - Bisexual
07-20-2024, 03:59 PM

As soon as Ellara was ready, Syanna had gathered up her basket of freshly picked herbs and led the way down the hills from the God's Garden back toward the western plains. Descending down from the thicket of foliage and trees, the sweeping fields of the Hallows could be seen for miles, and in the distance Hearthstone stood proud and strong against the picturesque background of the vast western sea. Bathed in sunlight, practically aglow from the lingering dampness on the stones from the autumnal rains the continent had been having. It almost looked like something out of a fairytale.

"You'll like Artorias," Syanna assured Ellara with a friendly smile around the basket handle clutched in her teeth as the two ladies approached the borders. "He's a real down to earth guy. Super friendly, always tries to see the best in everyone. Just be yourself and be honest with him and you'll do fine." Syanna knew that meeting an alpha could sometimes be a daunting task, so she was trying to hype Ellara up with a little pep talk. As they reached the edge of Hallows lands, Syanna stopped and waited, gesturing for Ella to make the call as the newcomer. She would be here to see to it that Artorias greeted the femme, then she'd let them talk while she continued her work.

"Syanna Alluráin"

As her mate, Ezra may enter her threads not marked as Private.

Ellara

The Hallows
Physician

Expert Healer (165)

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
07-20-2024, 04:26 PM

Ellara Praetor

Ellara followed Syanna down the hills, her eyes widening with admiration as the expansive fields of the Hallows came into view. The sight of Hearthstone standing majestically against the backdrop of the western sea took her breath away. Bathed in sunlight and glistening from the recent rains, it truly looked like something out of a dream.

Syanna's reassuring words brought a smile to Ellara's face, and she nodded gratefully. "Thank you, Syanna. It means a lot to hear that. I'll do my best to make a good impression," she said, her voice filled with both determination and a hint of nervousness.

As they reached the edge of the Hallows' territory, Ellara paused, taking a deep breath to steady herself. She glanced at Syanna, who gave her an encouraging nod, and then she lifted her head to let out a clear, respectful howl, announcing her presence and requesting an audience with Artorias.

While they waited for a response, Ellara couldn't help but glance around, taking in the beauty and tranquility of the Hallows' land. "It's truly beautiful here," she murmured to Syanna, her pink eyes reflecting the awe she felt. Could this really be the place she were to call home?

Ellara "Ella" Praetor
CODE BY SIN

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
07-23-2024, 04:37 PM
Whenever a call for him came, the Lord of Cinder was always quick to answer. He stepped away from his work assisting Briar with the wine preparations for their recent fall harvest and made his way out of the castle, bound for the borders. Though the autumn had been wet and rainy for the bulk of the days, today was a rare break in the storms, leaving the ground damp and muddy, but with warm golden sunlight bathing the lands and causing a faint mist to rise over the fields of the Hallows. Trudging along through the dewy grass in the direction of the call, Artorias was greeted with the sight of one of his most prolific healers beside a stranger. He greeted the unfamiliar fae with a warm smile and kind eyes, looking her over for signs of injury that might tell him if she was here as a patient or as a guest.

"I see you've found a friend, Syanna," Artorias jested with the vulpine-like woman, a chuckle rumbling in his deep baritone voice. His attention was all for Ellara then, flashing teeth in a bright smile to the tall woman. "Welcome to the Hallows. I am Artorias Carpathius, the Lord of Cinder and alpha. What may I call you?"

"Artorias" | "Carpathian"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Syanna

The Hallows
Expert Physician

Master Healer (240)

Expert Navigator (140)

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 11KPride - Bisexual
07-23-2024, 04:44 PM

Ellara made the call for Artorias, and Syanna settled in to wait beside the taller fae. She knew her presence wasn't totally needed, seeing as how Ellara made good impressions all on her own, but she wanted to offer her support to the kind woman. Besides, a little vouching never hurt! Her new acquaintance made a comment on the beauty of the Hallows lands, and Syanna had to agree. "Yes, they truly settled in an idyllic place," she replied assent. "I've traveled many places, but nowhere felt quite like home as this place did."

As was his way, Artorias did not keep them waiting long. The massive sapphire and obsidian form of the alpha wolf came emerging like a deity through the golden mist from Hearthstone castle, headed their way. Syanna's expression lit up when she saw the man, giving Ella a silent tip of her head in his direction as if to say that this was the wolf they were waiting on. Artorias approached with a joking quip about her bringing a new friend home and Syanna simply snickered. "A friend indeed, Artorias. She would like to see about becoming a resident." With the briefest of explanations given, Syanna then left the air open for Ellara to make her own introduction to the Lord of Cinder. Once they had hit things off, she'd give them space to talk and tour the Hallowed grounds.

"Syanna Alluráin"

As her mate, Ezra may enter her threads not marked as Private.

Ellara

The Hallows
Physician

Expert Healer (165)

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
07-23-2024, 05:01 PM

Ellara Praetor

Ellara's pink eyes lit up as she saw the impressive figure of the alpha approaching through the golden mist. His presence was commanding yet kind, and she felt a sense of reassurance at the sight of him. She offered a respectful nod and a warm smile in return to his greeting.

"Thank you for the warm welcome, Lord Artorias," she began, her voice steady and sincere. "My name is Ellara Praetor. I'm a healer as well as a fighter, and I've come to admire the work Syanna and your pack do here. I've been living a nomadic life for a while now, but I've always dreamed of finding a place to truly call home. The beauty and tranquility of the Hallows have captivated me, and I would love the opportunity to become a resident and contribute to your work."

Ellara paused, her pink eyes reflecting her earnestness. "I believe I can be of service here, tending to the plants in the God's Garden and offering my healing skills to those in need. Syanna has spoken highly of you and your leadership, and I hope to earn a place among your pack."

She glanced briefly at Syanna, gratitude in her eyes, before turning her full attention back to Artorias.

Ellara "Ella" Praetor
CODE BY SIN

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
07-29-2024, 02:26 AM
Syanna laughed and played along with him, but was quick to correct him by saying her "friend" wished to become a resident of the Hallows. Brows raising with curiosity, Artorias gave his full attention to the stranger then. The young fae introduced herself as Ellara Praetor, a healer and fighter by trade, and a nomad in lifestyle. Immediately, the surname caught Artorias' attention. He had not had many run-ins with the Praetor family, but to say they weren't exactly the most liked family in Ardent would have been an understatement. Ignis' runnings with the Raiders had seen to that reputation. But the Lord of Cinder was nothing if not fair, and he would not judge a wolf by her family alone—so he listened and he considered.

The more Ellara spoke, the more Artorias found himself taken by the young healer. She was well spoken, kind, and appeared genuine. She truly seemed to be looking for a home to continue practicing her work and developing her skills. It was a no brainer for Artorias even before Ellara officially asked for a place amongst the Hallows. "Well, Ellara, I think you came to the right place if you're looking to expand your medical talents. The Hallows is always happy to welcome new faces looking for a place to do their work to help others and better the world," he replied with a welcoming smile. "Let me show you around while we talk. There's a lot to take in."

Syanna dismissed herself from their conversation to go store her herbs away while Artorias motioned Ellara across the borders, waiting for her to grab her belongings before setting off towards the castle at a leisurely pace so she could take in the sights. "The Hallows is comprised of three lands currently—the Starlit Plains, the Wildberry Grove, and our castle home, Hearthstone. While we do much of the care for the God's Garden too, we haven't formally claimed the land. We don't want to deprive the public from having access to its lifesaving plants and medicines."

Artorias led Ellara up to the high stone walls and gates of the castle, then through them into the courtyard and garden. The wisteria trees were changing color in the Austral autumn and sadly didn't have their usual vibrant violet buds, but the rest of the gardens were teeming with dozens of flower varieties. "My family settled these lands years ago and since then, we've worked tirelessly to make this a place of shelter and succor." Looking back to Ella, Art asked, "Would you tell me your story, Ellara? Where you come from, what journey brought you to us?" He wanted to know more about this wolf who wanted to join the Hallows family.

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Ellara

The Hallows
Physician

Expert Healer (165)

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
07-29-2024, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2024, 06:53 AM by Ellara. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ellara Praetor

Ellara's heart warmed when Syanna corrected the Lord of Cinder and referred to her as a friend. This spoke volumes of not only how highly she thought of Ellara, but her status with the Lord of Cinder. Ellara could sense that Artorias was judging her a bit differently because of Syanna's input. When Syanna dismissed herself, Ellara turned to her, her pink eyes full of gratitude as she dipped her head both to thank her and to say goodbye. Ellara made a mental note to find the vixen wolf after this and properly thank her.

Turning her attention back to artorias, Ellara gathered her wool satchel and draped it back over her shoulder then began walking beside him. She marveled at the sights as the elevated the walls and moved toward the castle, taking in the beauty of a land she'd only ever dreamed of seeing. The mention of the God's Garden remaining open to all brought a bright smile to the young Praetor's face; it aligned perfectly with her own values to keep things that way.

"Forgive my excitement," she said, her pink tail obviously swaying behind her. "The Hallows just.. sounds so perfect. A place where I can truly thrive and contribute," she said with genuine appreciation. As they walked through the courtyard and garden, she admired the changing colors of the wisteria trees and the vibrant array of flowers.

When Artorias turned the attention away from the castle and on to her and about her story, Ellara blushed slightly and took a deep breath. Her eyes lifted to the sky as she reflected on everything that had led her here thus far. "My story isn't something you'd find glorified in a book, that is for certain," she chuckled in modesty, but continued. "I was raised in Southern Auster, near Brimstone Lake, with my brothers. One night when I was barely young enough to remember, my mother and father got caught in a thunderstorm while they were out hunting together. We found our parents' bodies in the lake, we assume the storm got the better of them and they must have fell down the mountain. We gave them a proper burial and then everyone sort of.. dispersed. My brother, Adrial, and I stuck together and made due. We thought about reaching out to other relatives, but my parents never introduced me to anyone in their families. Both said we were better off if we didn't know them, so.. admittedly, I've never been in a pack, and I've barely been in a family," she shrugged her shoulders as if to brush it off, but it was clearly something that bothered the young wolf.

"Eventually, packs began moving in around Brimstone Lake and we ventured further North. It was a hard decision to leave the place we called home but, I knew something was calling me here.. to heal and help others.." She hoped that didn't make her sound like a basket-case, but it was her truth. Ellara paused, her eyes reflecting the weight that her past held on her now that she was discussing it. She was a beautiful wolf, but the edges of her fur were worn with the life of a nomad. She had yet to truly thrive, and it was clear with how skinny she was underneath her muscles.

She looked up at the impressive stone walls of the castle, feeling a sense of awe from being in it finally. "Now that I'm here, I can see that this castle is more than just a place, it's a community who's values continue to help others. I may not have much experience, but everything I do have to offer is yours if you will have it."

Ellara met Artorias' gaze, her eyes filled with sincerety as she spoke. "Thank you for even considering me, Lord Artorias."

Ellara "Ella" Praetor
CODE BY SIN
Ellara has two Barred Owls, Halia and Eos, that can be assumed to be with her at all times.

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

08-02-2024, 04:07 PM
The enthusiasm that painted Ellara's expression was infectious, and Artorias was unable to keep from smiling with her while she took in the sights of her new home. She apologized, and he gave a barking laugh and shook his head. "There is nothing to forgive, Ellara. Excitement should never be apologized for." The pink-hued fae began to tell him her life story, beginning with her family raising her on the opposite side of the continent. The tragedy of her parents' passing drooped the Lord of Cinder's smile softly, and he looked at her with empathy in his fire-toned eyes. "My sympathies for your parents' passing. Losing a loved one—especially a parent—is never easy." His own mother's death still haunted his memories from time to time. Time healed the pain, but the scars would never fully fade.

Her family had dispersed, with only one named brother still lingering around Ardent. Artorias nodded as he listened to show he was paying attention. "And now you are here..." Artorias concluded as her story reached its end—or more correctly, the present day. Ellara still had so much story left to write. Leading Ella up the steps of the terrace and into the impressive castle, the pair of wolves walked into the Grand Foyer, the massive staircase leading up to the higher levels while corridors spanned off from the central hub of the castle. Art smiled when Ella accurately described the Hallows as a community, giving her an affirmative nod. "That's right! Wolves from all walks of life call this place home, and while many of our members are indeed my blood and kin, I will never turn away a soul who seeks to make the most of their time in this world. We have many who come from other families, packs, even those who have never been in a pack before."

Artorias led Ellara down the west corridor and into the expansive Great Hall, letting her take in the grandeur of the structure. The castle was impressive from outside, but internally it was even more lavish. Some wolves struggled with that. He wanted to make sure Ella was comfortable with her new home. The fire burned in the great hearth in the middle of the room, as it had since the first day the wolves had claimed this place. "Oh, I've done more than consider you already, Ellara Praetor," he remarked with a knowing smile, a mischievous gleam in his eyes. "You are exactly the type of wolf the Hallows was made for. I'd be delighted to bring you in as a healer. I'm sure my sister and Syanna would be grateful for the help!" He laughed again, as he let her explore the cavernous hall filled with tables and chairs; the place where all the Hallows ate and communed and met. "We'll get you your own room upstairs, and once you're settled, you're free to roam, to meet your new pack mates, to get settled in as you wish. We have communal baths if you'd like to get freshened up from the wilderness as well."

One big happy family

Ellara

The Hallows
Physician

Expert Healer (165)

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
08-03-2024, 04:13 AM

Ellara Praetor

Her heart filled with a mix of excitement and gratitude as Artorias spoke. She followed him through the halls of the castle, her eyes wide with awe at the grandeur and history. The warmth from the great hearth in the Great Hall was a comforting contrast to the chill of the autumn air she'd come from, and she felt an overwhelming sense of belonging. Was this real?

"Thank you, Lord Artorias," she said, her voice filled with genuine appreciation. "I really cannot express how much this means to me. To have found a place like the Hallows, and be welcomed so warmly, is more than I could have hoped for."

Ellara took a moment to absorb the sight of the Great Hall, imagining the lively gatherings and communal meals that took place here. She could see herself becoming part of this vibrant community, contributing her skills and forming bonds with her new pack mates. The thought filled her with a deep sense of purpose. "I look forward to meeting everyone and contributing to the Hallows' legacy," she stated, her pink eyes shining.

The mention of having her own room and the communal baths made Ellara smile. "A room of my own... and a chance to freshen up sounds wonderful. It's been a long journey, and I would love to feel truly settled in."

She turned to Artorias, her gratitude evident in her expression. "Thank you again."

Ellara's tail wagged slightly as she looked around the hall once more, feeling a sense of peace and excitement for the future. She was ready to embrace this new beginning and make the Hallows her true home.

Ellara "Ella" Praetor
CODE BY SIN
Ellara has two Barred Owls, Halia and Eos, that can be assumed to be with her at all times.