An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-23-2024, 01:02 PM
Basilisk woke to a den too warm. He ran a dry tongue across parched lips. When he tried to get to his paws he staggered, weak. It wasn't a sensation he was accustomed to. Stretching his body out to move made him realise he was freezing, and he shivered even as he felt the warmth that clung to his body. The spring day wasn't that hot, and he realised at last what had happened. Crap.

“Yara” his mouth was too dry, the hoarse word was barely a whisper. He licked his lips again, and forced the word out. “Yara” where was she? He needed to keep this from Ignita.
[Image: 2yUYF9E.png]
As his Consort, Ignita can enter any of his threads without warning

Yara

Armada
Songbird

Intermediate Fighter (45)

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Sinchanted

1KRapid Poster - Bronze
07-23-2024, 03:45 PM

Yara Grey

Yara stirred at the sound of her name, her sleep-addled mind taking a moment to register Basilisk's hoarse whisper. She blinked, her golden eyes slowly focusing on his struggling form. Alarm shot through her as she saw his weakened state. She quickly scrambled to her paws, rushing to his side.

"Warlord, what's wrong?" she asked, her voice filled with concern. She noticed the way he shivered despite the warmth in the den, his usually strong body looking uncharacteristically frail. Panic clawed at her heart, but she forced herself to stay calm.

She placed a gentle paw on his shoulder, trying to provide some comfort. "You need water," she said, her mind racing to figure out what else she could do. "I'll get some for you. Just hold on." She could not let anything happen to him, too many wolves relied on him.

Yara darted out of the den, her heart pounding. She needed to find clean water and supplies, untouched by the blight. She sprinted towards the northern lake, where the blight had yet to reach. The journey took longer than she wanted to be away from him, but she pushed herself, fueled by desperation.

Upon reaching the lake's edge, she quickly scanned the area for anything useful. Spotting a large leaf, she fashioned a makeshift container, using her claws to fold and secure it into a small bowl. She carefully filled it with the pristine water, ensuring it was stable enough to carry back.

She also gathered some peppermint growing nearby, knowing they could be helpful in tending to Basilisk. With the makeshift bowl balanced delicately in her jaws and the herbs tucked securely in her fur, she began the run back to the little cave.

Yara's muscles burned and her breath came in ragged gasps, but she didn't slow down. Basilisk's condition was dire, and every second counted. She reached the den, her heart racing, and carefully set the leaf bowl and herbs beside him.

"Here, drink this," she urged, nudging the water closer to his muzzle. "And I found some peppermint. I can put it in your water, or you can chew it. It will help with your fever."

CODE BY SIN

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-27-2024, 10:26 PM

His weak summons brought her to his side. She hadn’t been far then. He was too out of it to be aware of his surroundings. An unusual occurrence for the Warlord. He heard her voice as if filtered through water. Distant and blurred. He blinked at her, struggling with the pain in his head and the weakness of his body - and then she was gone.

He reached out a paw, feeling the emptiness where she had been. Had she taken this opportunity to run? Little Rabbit that she was. He blinked, closing his eyes for a moment. He wasn’t sure how long, but when he opened them again she was back beside him. Water and herbs pushed in front of him. He was forced to trust her assessment of the herbs, and he drank from the water and chewed the leaves. “We should… keep this quiet. Don’t want panic.” he rasped at her. He didn’t want Ignita to panic.

"Basilisk"

Yara

Armada
Songbird

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Sinchanted

1KRapid Poster - Bronze
07-27-2024, 10:47 PM

Yara Grey

The silver woman felt a surge of relief as Bas drank the water and chewed the peppermint down. Though his condition still worried her, she was glad to see him responding. "I'll.. keep this quiet, Warlord." She wanted Oleander, but.. her own small knowledge of herbs would have to suffice. She sighed, "We don't.. want unnecessary panic." Reluctantly, she agreed with him.

She stayed close, her sun-yellow eyes watching him with concern. "I'll take care of you while we are out here. Just rest and focus on getting better." She quickly checked the den for any other useful supplies after adjusting his bedding to ensure he was as comfortable as possible.

As she worked, her mind raced with thoughts of the pack, Ignita, and the crucial role Basilisk played. His recovery was vital, and she was determined to do everything in her power to help him heal. The weight of the responsibility was heavy, but she was willing to bear it.. for his sake.

CODE BY SIN

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-27-2024, 11:14 PM

Basilisk sunk back down on his bedding at her agreement. This feeling of weakness was awful, and once again he was frustrated that he couldn’t face it with fangs and claws. Helpless and waiting, that was all he could do. His tail lashed slowly behind him in agitation, and his head sunk into the coat. He just had to endure this, he would get better. He would meet his and Ignita’s children.

“This can’t get out… Ignita is pregnant. And foolish.” he muttered. To himself or Yara, he wasn’t sure. “What would you do after this, if freedom was yours?” he asked weakly. Something to distract himself.

"Basilisk"

Yara

Armada
Songbird

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Sinchanted

1KRapid Poster - Bronze
07-27-2024, 11:23 PM

Yara Grey

She was worried the Warlord was about to try to stand, until he relaxed and sank back into the pelts. Yara sighed in relief as she watched him, his agitation evident in the slow trashing of his tail. She could see the frustration in his gaze, the helplessness of being sick gnawing at him from the inside. His words about Ignita and the pregnancy filled her with even more concern, concern that genuinely surprised her. She had never really cared about anyone else other than her own kin, this was a first for her.

Yara's heart ached at the vulnerability in the Warlord's tone, her eyes softening. "I promise, Warlord. I won't let anyone know," her smooth voice reiterated her intentions. As she leaned closer, her eyes locked on his. "I'll do everything I can to help you get through this."

As he asked about her freedom, she paused, the question catching her off-guard. "If.. freedom.. was mine?" she began, her voice thoughtful. "I would continue to look for Eirik, to either find him and keep him safe or discover every corner of Boreas. And then.. I don't know." She paused again, her tail curling around her dainty paws. "I.. I'd like to stay with Armada. This place has become my home, despite everything."

She gave him a small but encouraging smile, "But, right now my focus is helping you get better and getting through this so we even have an Armada." She smirked, but softened her tone as a more serious question followed, "Is there anything that you need, Warlord?"

CODE BY SIN

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
08-01-2024, 11:54 PM

He relaxed a little further at her words. Surprised to realise how easily he believed her. She wouldn’t share this news, and hopefully by the time Ignita caught wind, he would be on the mend. He couldn’t risk that foolish wolf racing into the woods. She had already tried that once.

The Armada had that subtle appeal to it. Even Basilisk hadn’t expected the strong attachment he felt now. There had been a time he had taken the job in spite of his father. But the weight of it had been unappealing and unbalancing. Now, the Armada was his, and the wolves in it were a part of him.

So we even have an Armada. Those words hit hard. They had no idea what would be left once this Blight was finished with them. “No. Just this Blight to end…” he muttered.

"Basilisk"