Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
08-12-2024, 08:25 PM

SpeechThink

She had sent her ravens with a message to Medusa, to meet her at the prairie to discuss the most recent drama in Hellborn, and to warn Medusa of what she believed was to come. He could say that he loved her, but she wasn't about to be treated like some whore just so he could have a power kick. Would she have minded his dominance if it weren't for his demanding tone? Probably not, but he rubbed her the wrong way that night and she couldn't help but believe that it came from somewhere deeper. Erebos had wanted her initially because of her power certainly, like she was a prize to him. She didn't doubt that he expected to be considered a King one day, but in Hellborn he would not. Not then and certainly not now.

Widow left early in the morning to make the trip, packing various potentially necessities as well as food and drink for the journey. It would be a long venture for sure, but she needed to tell Medusa since he had returned. She had been right to initially not trust him and rank him as such and she herself couldn't feel anything other than like a fool for seeing anything in the man. She almost hated herself for it, but she couldn't focus on him any longer. After today, Erebos would be forced from her mind once and for all. She had to let him go, she had other more important things to focus on.

When she finally arrived to the prairie, she was surprised to have made it first. This was closer to Insomnia than Hellborn but she had left early, so she took the opportunity to rest in the shade of a lone tree while she waited, sipping slowly on some berry flavored water.

Blended with beauty and blessed by the divine
─ by Skelle !
Commissions are open! Check out my shop here!

PSA: I own widow's design as of 2/25/2022

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Festival OrganizerWealthyLegendaryHomebodyWinnerVengeance
Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
SocialiteSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipScarredDouble MasterOoh La La
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
Dream WeaverUnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Treat 2019
08-12-2024, 09:14 PM

Widow had sent her ravens to let her know to meet her at the Algoma Prairie. It was closer to her than it was to Widow, so when she felt it was close to the time that Widow might be getting there, is when Medusa took off. The bone marked woman was eager to see her friend, her lips constantly twitching into a knowing grin as she wondered what Widow would say. Erebos had come to visit her recently, so she already knew that the pair had split and he was taking his leave from Hellborn. A shame that whatever deal they had didn't last, but she had a feeling it would happen. Erebos had a pretty strong personality, she had seen it from day one when she force claimed him after his trespass. Though Widow equally had a strong personality, and no doubt someone had done something to piss the other off. At least, that's what she imagined, anyway. Or perhaps he didn't like the pack itself, or didn't get along with whoever lived there. There were several possibilities, after all, so she was obviously very curious.

The prairie came into view and Medusa picked up the pace a little more, sending her vulture ahead to let Widow know she was in the area. She found her within a few minutes, spotting Seymour and Widow's ravens in the air above where she was waiting. Her gaze turned to the lone tree where Widow waited, the Daemon's tail wagging as she approached. "Medusa is happy to see Widow again~" She chimed as she slowed her approach. "Does she have some news?"

"Speech"

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Widow

Hellborn
Queen of Hell

Master Fighter (263)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

08-19-2024, 01:08 AM

SpeechThink

She wasn't left waiting for long. Expecting Medusa to leave a bit later considering the prairie was closer to Insomnia than Hellborn, she appreciated the rest and the moments to gather her thoughts before she would arrive. Although it hadn't been an exhausting trip, her body appreciated the rest but it didn't stop her from rising to greet Medusa as she approached. Despite what she was hear to tell her, she smiled and her own tail wagged as well before she sat and took a steadying breath.

"It's good to see you again too, Medusa, I hope you have been well?" she asked, offering a slight bow of her head in respect to her former Wraith. "But yes, I do come with news. About Erebos, actually," she started with a sigh, her tone clearly changing to prelude that it wasn't exactly good news. She couldn't help but wonder what he had already told Medusa though, assuming him to have painted her in some dark light as if he wasn't the one to have brought it all upon himself.

"It's my understanding that he has rejoined Insomnia, so I feel that you must know what compelled him to do so. Assuming he hasn't told you the truth anyway, I figured it best you hear my side of the story as well." If Medusa had already accepted him back, she could only hope that Medusa would listen to her and believe her over whatever Erebos had said, assuming he was painting himself in a better light than her at least. "You know that he came onto me strongly, though now I feel that was only for power. To spare you the intimate details, I wouldn't do as he told and instead threatened to punish him for acting out. He decided that we were not right together and later requested to leave. Anyone else would be made a slave, or erased as we call them in Hellborn, but I decided to let him go simply because I don't want to look at him, even if his pelt would make a lovely rug, she ended with a snicker and a smirk, thinking back to the man that had captured Cryptis and how lovely of a rug he made.

"I just want you to be careful with him. You were right to curse him when he first came to Insomnia and I was terribly wrong to think that he had any redeeming qualities. Our alliance has not changed of course, but he is not welcome to visit... If I don't kill him, I think Stolas might at least try," she finished with a soft sigh and a playful roll of her eyes in regards to Stolas' likely attempt to protect her.

─ by Skelle !

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
08-23-2024, 11:35 PM

Her old friend rose to greet her, earning a return dip of The Daemon's head as the pair settled in for whatever it was Widow had come to discuss. "Medusa is doing well!" She quipped in return, then Widow got down to the matter at hand. Medusa's head tilted to the side as Widow stated that her news was about Erebos. The man had recently visited, requesting to return to Insomnia since apparently, he and Widow hadn't worked out. Though Medusa hadn't pressed for details because quite frankly, it was none of her business and she didn't really care, either. Relationships wasn't something she was familiar with beyond a familial relationship, and though she imagined Widow's and Erebos' short-lived relationship was obviously not that kind, well, suffice to say she didn't really have an opinion on the matter.

Still, she could hear the change in Widow's voice, and whatever it was, clued her in that it wasn't exactly...amicable. She sat then, as Widow began. "It's my understanding that he has rejoined Insomnia, so I feel that you must know what compelled him to do so. Assuming he hasn't told you the truth anyway, I figured it best you hear my side of the story as well." She bone-marked woman nodded, "Mhm, but he didn't say anything about what happened." She shrugged. He didn't seem like the type that was open for discussion on the matter, nor did she really care to pry, either. In fact, he had said nothing about Widow or the reasoning behind their split other than that they had parted ways. She had simply chalked it up to maybe he didn't like living in Auster or something simple like that. So she was truly curious why Widow felt the need to come all this way to tell her what the deal was.

However, she continued to listen to Widow's side. She nodded a bit at the mention of the piebald male coming onto Widow strongly. Had he? Honestly, she hadn't paid much attention nor had she really been aware of that fact. She was often too busy to pay attention to such trivial things, much less when someone had googly eyes for another. Even so, Widow hadn't gone into detail which honestly, left her confused. Okay, so...he told her to do something, she refused, and something something he decided they weren't right for one another and so he...left. Whatever it was had clearly pissed her friend off enough for her to have considered enslaving him or, as she put it, erasing him, which she could only assume was to kill him. However confusing it was for herself, she did have to chime in on the last part. "Medusa agrees, his coat would make a nice one!" She giggled before doing her best to stop.

She listened to the rest of what Widow had to say about him, and then she let silence fall between them as she considered all that Widow had said so far. Honestly, she didn't know enough about Erebos quite yet to know who he was or who he would be. Did anyone ever really know each other right off the bat and so soon? Even she herself took the time to observe and decide whether or not someone was worth trusting, and she was sure that Widow would know this about her by now. Still, she didn't quite understand what was going on between them...not that it mattered, she supposed. She had already accepted Erebos back into Insomnia, so it seemed all she could do was just use some caution and keep him away from Widow and this...Stolas...whoever the fuck that was. "Medusa Cursed him for trespassing, just like she would have done with anyone else who did that. And she curses her enemies...or those that used to be enemies." She said pointedly, referring to Widow and literally all of the other siblings she had taken upon winning Habari's crown once upon a time.

"Medusa is sorry that Widow and Erebos did not work, but he is a member of Insomnia now. Medusa would appreciate if Widow and...Stolas...did not kill him. Not yet, anyway. Not until Medusa sees for herself that he can't be trusted. But in the meantime, Medusa will make sure he knows he is not allowed near Widow or her pack, mkay?" That was about the best she could do. She wasn't really one to take sides without good reason, and at the moment, their not working out didn't really seem like a logical reason for her to not trust him. Shit happened, that she knew. She wasn't a biased creature, and in fact, she was quite the opposite. Only when someone did her dirty did she take issue with them, and despite Erebos' trespass the first time they had met, she couldn't exactly hold it against him forever. That would've made her just like Recluse when the bitch enslaved her for trespassing, accident or otherwise. She didn't know what she could say to ease Widow's mind about the matter all things considered, but it's also not like she trusted so easily, anyway. After all, it did take quite a while for her to even trust any of the former Habari members. Widow and Ghoul included. "Medusa will be careful, and she will use caution. She is not dumb. Widow knows that Medusa does not trust so fast, she knew that when it took a while for her to choose to be friends with Widow and Ghoul and Enki. Before that, we were enemies. None of Habari liked Medusa, and still Medusa trusted after all the hurt."

She breathed a sigh, wondering if she was even explaining anything right, but regardless, she hoped Widow would know what she was talking about. After all, the pair of them were enemies once upon a time whether Widow knew it or not. Medusa had been well aware that Recluse's children did not like her, and she didn't know what the reason behind that was other than Recluse's influence, or they just thought she was stupid and stinky. "Medusa will give him a chance like she gave everyone else a chance." But then she had a final question. "Also...who is Stolas?" She asked, a brow quirking up with curiosity. A friend? A family member she didn't know about? A mate? Her sidekick?? She was nosy, so of course she had to know!

"Medusa"

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Widow

Hellborn
Queen of Hell

Master Fighter (263)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

08-25-2024, 05:40 PM

SpeechThink

Widow gave her the chance to respond after everything she had said and frankly, she almost felt foolish for coming out all this way. It was news to her that she was considered an enemy at one point, seeing as Medusa had saved her and her daughters lives, but considering who her family was she wasn't surprised either. She just thought that she was held differently than the rest, but perhaps she was foolish for thinking that. Maybe Medusa wasn't the friend that she thought she was over the years.

"Well, don't say that I didn't warn you should he try anything," she said, keeping her words short. "Stolas is Cryptis' father, and my husband," she responded with a sigh, the realization of him being his daughters father still strange to her, but it made sense now. If only she remembered how her youngest came to be, but Widow had had anything but a normal life and expected not to figure out their father.

"I should get going, then, good luck and sorry to bring you out here," she said and rose before collecting her things. She had much to think about on the way home, starting with who exactly she could trust. Once she returned to the woods, she would call for a meeting.. Everyone needed to know about Erebos, his return to Insomnia, and she wanted their opinions on what to do next. Perhaps extending out to the other nearby packs would be the best move, considering she had every reason to believe that Erebos was seeking power within Insomnia... and then what? Should he get that power, the alliance with Insomnia would change certainly. As their only ally, that would leave them too exposed... She had to get to them before that.

─ by Skelle !

Medusa

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

09-09-2024, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2024, 07:41 PM by Medusa. Edited 1 time in total.)

Though she sometimes lacked perception and the eye to read the room, she could tell that Widow wasn't particularly pleased with her answer. She didn't understand why, after all, she did say that she would use caution until she determined for herself if he was worth trusting or not. She led an unbiased opinion on those she came across. Gave second chances. Not once had she allowed someone to walk all over her after her departure from Habari, that much she knew. She didn't trust easily, that was for certain, but she didn't understand why Widow was so against this man. Wasn't every wolf wanting a higher position considered power-hungry? Was Widow not also considered as such for wanting a pack of her own? Or those that sought the crown of another, like she had? Granted, her own reasoning was more about revenge. But for those who didn't know her story, could have very well interpreted it as wanting power.

She sighed as Widow's demeanor changed, and although Medusa hoped that Widow wouldn't end their friendship over this, she was also used to others leaving. In the end, she chalked it up to a woman scorned. Erebos decided his path was no longer beside Widow's, what was the issue with that? Though she was surprised to hear that this Stolas guy was her husband and Triss' father. What!? The surprise was evident in her gaze along with the confusion. If she already had a husband...then why was she so mad about this!? Medusa knew very little, if anything, about the way the dynamics of a relationship worked. But she had always grown up with the thought that only two wolves were married, thus considering them husband and wife. She herself had two litters of her own, but one she didn't remember how they came to be, and the other she had...well...hadn't gone about it in the best way, but had not married the Red Man.

So as Widow rose to leave, Medusa nodded. "Medusa is sorry Widow is so upset. But as Medusa said, she will be careful." Not that she owed to anyone. She was, after all, much older than Widow. Perhaps not any wiser, but she had enough experience to know when someone was pulling the wool over her eyes. With that, she bid her friend goodbye before she remained there for a few heartbeats in silent thought before getting up herself and headed back home.

-exit-

"Medusa"