Expert Fighter (175)

Advanced Intellectual (105)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
09-11-2024, 11:08 PM

Charlie was a part of the Armada once more. He was home, and now like many of the pack he was needed to tend to a new territory and build it as part of their own. While he would miss the woods, the blight was too dangerous to risk keeping it. And there would be new memories to make here in the gorge. Perhaps he’d even meet new companions here, though no one would ever replace what Silveris and Yorrick had been to him. They had been family, and they were dearly missed. Much like those who he still knew were in the pack. Wyl, Andy… he had yet to meet up with them just yet. The last time he’d seen Wylan, he’d given him his dagger before the raid…

Poor kid… Charlie frowned as he wondered what his nephew thought had happened to him. They had been bonding prior to that, and then to have him disappear… The tawny wolf paused, gazing at the flicking water of one of the streams passing through the territory. What was he doing, sitting here waiting for? Wanting to waste no further time, Charlie tilted his head back and let loose a howl for the young winged wolf. Catching up would come first, figuring out where he could start building a bridge over the stream.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
09-11-2024, 11:19 PM
Wylan burst into the space beside the stream in record time after Charlie’s howl. He almost couldn’t believe it. He’d heard that the older wolf was back, of course. But Wylan had been bed-bound, and he wasn’t sure what the other wolf was up to. Now, Wylan was free at last from the den. Mostly healed, and able to freely roam.

He collided with the other wolf, shocked to realise they were the same height. When on earth had that happened? Surely it hadn’t been that long ago he was piggy back riding on the tawny wolf. The winged boy wrapped his paws around one of Charlie’s forelegs, pressing his forehead into their shoulder and instantly burst into tears. Dammit! He’d told himself when he got out of the healers den he wouldn’t cry any more.

"Wylan"
[Image: lQqyuza.png]
As his 'companion' Krakarak may enter any of Wylan's threads without warning

Charlton

Armada
Warrior

Expert Fighter (175)

Advanced Intellectual (105)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
09-13-2024, 03:38 AM

Charlie was not left waiting long. His nephew ran to him, hardly seeming to slow down before they collided. Charlie staggered, catching himself as he looked down at the young man Wylan had become. They were the same height now… when the heck had that happened? Wyl had been just a little thing, hanging with his uncle and being small enough to carry. Now? His gaze softened as Wylan clung to him and burst into tears. He had grown, but Wyl was still young. Young and had missed him. With his free leg Charlie drew him in close.

”Hey… hey it's alright, no need for tears.” His voice was soft, gentle as he held the younger wolf. He had missed Wylan greatly too. When he had lay there in that mine he had grieved for the fact his nephew and sister might never know what happened to him. It has been terrifying to think he might never get the chance to say goodbye… and now that he had a chance to be with his family again he knew he needed to make the most of their time together.

“I thought I wouldn't see you again either.” He continued. Wylan’s emotions were understandable. There should be no shame in crying now. ”I’m home now… and with a new scar to show off.” His voice became light, teasing. “I think it looks pretty neat at least.” The scar was deep and covered a large part of the length lf his leg but it was a sign that he had survived one of the scariest things life had thrown at him.

He had survived and made it home.

"Speech," 'Thought.'