gems
size
build
player
02-16-2014, 08:29 PM
My soul is spiraling in frozen

Elsa Winterfell

fractals all around

Elsa had been doing all she could to keep herself busy. She frequently sought out herbs she could add to the stores that she had up and running as well as thinking. She did not just to theological, mental and herbal work though. When she could spare the time [though not often because there were little stores and she liked to be prepared] she would run the borders and hunt. She had been scarce, finding her own den in the isolation of the herb cave. A small cave that she managed to carve small slits into for storing most things. The Sola Knight knew one thing, old habits died hard.

Elsa had been curious about other members of the pack, but with there only being six of them she did not expect to see them much. She was curious none the less. Part of her was left to wonder if they were all staying busy as well. She would hope so being as that was one of the major things of any pack. Do not be a burden, be an asset. Let it go. Let it go. She told herself with a smile as she went out to find more berries, primarily Juniper berries which she found useful for many things.

Raisa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
02-16-2014, 09:06 PM

Raisa lounged under the overhang that marked the entrance to her den. The boulder she had chosen to address her pack that first day proved to be ideal as a denning space. It was large enough, with twists and folds in it's make up, that she had been able to dig out a spacious rest area. Mercifully, it offered a modicum of shade from the noon sky. The sun was quite the torment, as of late, and her dark fur did not aid the queen in staying cool. As if the gods had chosen to mock her, her pale Sola Knight appeared from between a farther spread of stones, determination written plain on her face. Raisa, interest piqued, stood and called out. "Godling! Might I join you?" She may have trotted, had the air been more forgiven, but as it was she panted and advanced step by step. The moment she stepped into the light it seemed to burn her, bypassing her fur and crisping her skin. She could only hope that wherever Elsa was headed, there would be shade.

"Talk" "You" Think
[Image: Kxe2eLS.png]
Y'all should be jelly of these sexy Tea arts!

Elsa

gems
size
build
player
02-16-2014, 09:25 PM

Elsa Winterfell

fractals all around

Elsa was startled by a sudden call, however she relaxed quickly after figuring out it was just the queen asking to join her. Elsa hoped she wasn't in trouble for something, with trying to get a lot done she often hadn't noticed little things that would send someone off into a tangent. "Of course, Queen Raisa." She said calmly as she bowed her head in wait for the queen to catch up. "I'm looking for some Juniper berries. My mum had taught me about different uses for them. Soothes bellyaches, gives strength, and helps troubled breathing. I've used the berries quite a bit myself." She said with a smile as she headed towards the shadows. She found they often seemed to grow there. All the information she had learned from the clan she had been in. She hadn't even been in a pack, a kingdom. She had been in a clan.

Raisa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
02-16-2014, 10:29 PM

Seeing Elsa out and about, doing her duty for the pack brought a smile to the Queen's face. She'd had a plethora of reasons to smile as of late, and seeing the small white fae come into her own was one of them. The stutter had disappeared, and she seemed a bit more confident, if only a bit at times. Raisa, knowing little herself about herbs, found the prospect of accompanying the Sola on her journey invigorating. The heat, oppressive as it was, soon faded to the back of her mind. "I'd love to come along, if you don't mind." Raisa was trying to get to know all her pack members better, to the highest degree possible. It was coming along slowly but surely. No one wanted to be out in this weather. Raisa soaked in Elsa's words with a small smile, nodding. "Well, if you point them out to me, I'll lend you a paw. So how has the weather been treating the herbs?" It was a definite concern of the Queen's. They'd moved in so late in spring, and now the plants were all a-wither. Winter could catch them unawares if they were ill-prepared, and this was not a comforting thought.

"Talk" "You" Think

Elsa

gems
size
build
player
02-16-2014, 10:40 PM

Elsa Winterfell

fractals all around

Shoot straight, the queen is watching.

The words of the queen were of comfort and anxiety to the Sola who was desperately trying to prove herself. She was nervous that she had majorly screwed something up but deep down she knew that she hadn't. The reason Elsa had taken to searching the shadows was some of the plants had survived the blistering heat. "Not to bad... if you know where to look. Any plant can survive the elements if only placed in the right area." She said with a smile as she looked along the roots to find a so very small bush with the purple berries and light olive thistles. "This is a juniper plant. While for the mean time I am collecting berries, the entire plant could be used in one way or another." She explained to the queen who seemed eager for knowledge.

She picked the plant carefully and headed back to the herbal stores. She had collected many plants, though many of them barely fit for use. The late spring was almost as dreadful as winter. Some would see the tasks she performed as tedious but she loved them. It kept her busy and wiped away her worries. She was free from all burdens.

Raisa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
02-17-2014, 08:46 AM

Elsa's acceptance of her company was a good sign as far as the queen was concerned. Besides being able to aid her pack and gather the supplies they needed, gathering knowledge while she was at it, Raisa would have an opportunity to see how Elsa was settling in. When the plant in question was pointed out to the ebon fae, Raisa studied it closely. Yes, she had seen it's like before. It struck as nigh marvelous that such an ordinary thing could do all Elsa claimed. As far as she was concerned, healers were Godlings for true, in their own right. It was a miracle that they could break a fever or staunch a bleeding wound with little more than their minds and the fruit of the earth. "Well, I'll get to it then. What other plants of value do we harbor here?" Raisa watched the woman harvest the berries, gingerly so at not to harm them. The queen located a plant of her own, not far away, and mimicked her. The taste was a bit unpleasant against her palette, somewhat sharp. Elsa headed back to the den with Raisa on her heels. Raisa had yet to see the woman's herb stores, but she had been able to scent their mass growing by the day. She was intrigued to see how things were coming along.

"Talk" "You" Think

Elsa

gems
size
build
player
02-17-2014, 01:58 PM

Elsa Winterfell

fractals all around

Elsa had no sense of time and as she carefully stored the herbs in little slits in the walls she had personally spent much time carving out she had no idea how much time had gone by. The queen asked her about what other things might be growing for them to find and the 'Godling' couldn't help but smile at her queen's eagerness. "I have been finding strange amounts of lavender. I was always taught they were common in forests, not rocky terrain which makes me wonder why it grows here." She explained with an honest tone.

"I've found lavender very effective with calming nerves, calming fevers and chills as well. Also, and I hope to use it for this reason very little, it can hide the scent of death." The last part of her words were chilling to her. She thought back all those months ago to those wolves whom had died. She had found them and used lavender for such reasons. To hide the scent of death.

Raisa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
02-19-2014, 08:47 AM

The ebon Queen lay in comfortable silence, watching her healer go about her work. Their errand had been short, but she did not feel content or fulfilled with the time they had spent together. Raisa felt as though she knew the woman no better than she had before. So it was that, with keen eyes, she followed Elsa's tracks. The smell of many herbs was pungent against her sensitive nose, ticking it and giving her the urge to sneeze. Elsa soon spoke again, of another plant. Raisa had heard the name before, but could not match it with it's visage. It sounded like a marvelous plant, yet Elsa ended it so morbidly. Raisa frowned, considering this. It would seem as though the woman had some manner of history involving the plant, though whether it was minor or major the Queen could not be certain. Elsa mentioned that it was not her intent to use the herb for such purposes, and Raisa could not help but agree. "Our wishes are in line, there. I suppose it is the nature of all things to have two sides. That a beautiful flower could be tied so closely with death, well, who are we to determine it's ultimate purpose? It would seem our actions are led by our ingenuity, not it's assets." The ebon fae could not begrudge a flower for the way others choose to use it, implications or no. After all, who among any has not been used?

"Talk" "You" Think

Elsa

gems
size
build
player
02-19-2014, 07:19 PM

Elsa Winterfell

fractals all around

She was not a wolf to get close to others.

She would trust her packmates with her life if it came to it, but she did not feel comfortable getting close to them because part of her still feared what she was capable of. "I suppose so. I've learned time and time again that ingenuity is a beautiful thing. Creativity is key to opening the mind to possibilities, Queen Raisa." She offered with a smile as she picked the flower and headed back. Some would see her work as tedious, annoying, for those weak in body. All were true to some aspect, she saw everything differently. Herbs were the only real way to express herself. Herbs and wisdom, even if she wasn't that wise. She knew what advice was given when to fit the needs of the receiver.

Raisa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
02-19-2014, 09:00 PM

Raisa nodded in appreciation. She was glad to find traces of wisdom evident in her Sola's words. Raisa knew that with time she could come to rely upon the woman's counsel. It had only been an afternoon in her company but already Raisa felt a bit better informed. Not only had she learned a thing or two about her land, but she had learned about Elsa as well. To think that her own pack had driven such a bright, promising young woman from their ranks baffled her. "I agree wholeheartedly. Elsa, if you don't mind, I'd like to formally thank you for joining. Ebony would be one good wolf weaker without you." The queens words were sincere and heartfelt. She hoped that, in time, Elsa and her might become good friends.

"Talk" "You" Think

Elsa

gems
size
build
player
02-19-2014, 09:09 PM

Elsa Winterfell

fractals all around

The words from the queen were quite the shock to her. She was being thanked for being given a home? It did not seem right to her. If Raisa had not managed to calm her down and invite her then she would still be running from her past. She would still be running from nothing. She would still be running from her past. She would still be running from herself. She should not be thanked for such things and she tried to gather her words, standing with her mouth agape. "Please do not thank me Queen Raisa. You saved me from the monster I would have become had I not realized that not all wolves were bad. I should be and I am thanking you. Ebony would have been fine without me; I'm just glad to not have to run from myself anymore." She challenged the Queen's words in a respectful and sincere way.

She was forever in the debt of her queen. The loyalty that Elsa pledged would not be taken so lightly by her. The first tiered wolf deserved the utmost respect from her subjects, which did include the Sola Knight before her now. She dipped her head in thanks and her mouth no longer agape. Part of her was torn. She knew of a beautiful place for herbs and perhaps she would tell Raisa about it if the queen ever came to her about expanding. Firefly Lake had many herbs that she could store. It would be quite simple for her to expand her collection far more than the rocks and gravel could ever give her.

Raisa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
02-20-2014, 01:57 PM

Elsa seemed beyond shocked by the Queen's words. Her jaw dropped and her vivid optics grew wide. Raisa only lifted her brows and waited for the words the woman attempted to produce. In the end, it was a rejection of Raisa's gratitude, and it brought an amused smile to her face. Raisa shook her head slowly, and once Elsa's tirade was over, she sighed. "Don't make the mistake of undervaluing yourself, Godling. No matter what your past has tried to convince you of, the wolf I see before me now is wise and knowledgeable and intrinsically important to me. I'm very grateful that you've decided to join us, no matter what you say." Raisa sniffed, giving the woman a dry look and allowing a measure of sarcastic humor to creep into her voice. "Speaking of, I hope you like it here. I don't believe I'll ever allow you to leave. Make yourself comfortable!" Raisa rolled her eyes and smiled. Whether Elsa chose to believe it or not, Raisa hoped to rely on the pale woman's company for a good long while.

"Talk" "You" Think

Elsa

gems
size
build
player
02-20-2014, 04:30 PM

Elsa Winterfell

fractals all around

The shy yet confident Sola thought her words through carefully before responding to the Queen's words. "I take things like honor and loyalty seriously. It's more important to me than any materialistic thing or any fame I could have." She offered a smile, her tone was sarcastic yet honest. She had stopped working with her herbs and whatnot to talk to the Queen. She felt safe and she had a friend. She hadn't really ever talked to any other wolf. But the Queen was her friend. She answered once more. "You don't have to worry about me leaving. I'm not leaving anytime soon. Ever if I can help it." She offered with a grin to the Queen.

Raisa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
02-21-2014, 08:23 AM

The woman's assurances pleased the Queen, who nodded and smiled. Raisa was glad to hear the woman speak of loyalty. Healers, she knew, were often sources of counsel for pack members. That Elsa felt this way may mean others could be moved to feel the same. Raisa knew the bond between her pack members was tentative at best, and many still barely knew the others. Much time had been spent recently exploring, getting a feel of the land. She could only hope that with time that would change. With a smile, Raisa stood. "I'm happy to hear that, and I'll hold you to it. For now, though, other duties require my attention. I'll come calling again soon, though, I enjoyed this afternoon. You'll have to take me gathering again some day." With a sincere smile Raisa nodded her head, a small bow of farewell, before turning away. She knew Fili lounged about nearby, and had a mind to show him a warren she'd discovered. She had also been meaning to seek out Kaala as well. Ah, the strain of leadership, she thought with a grin, and trotted away.

-EXIT-

"Talk" "You" Think

Elsa

gems
size
build
player
02-21-2014, 08:28 AM

Elsa Winterfell

fractals all around

Elsa was sad to hear that her queen was leaving, but she understood that it was for pack business. She much liked hanging out with Raisa, though she could find it awkward at times to just hang out with the leader. She nodded her fair well back to Raisa and went to work. Once again she was alone with her plants and mind to think about what was ahead. She was elated that Raisa had gone and taken time out of her day just to stay with the godling while she went about her work. Part of her wondered why she bothered.

-End-