Qanik

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
02-06-2014, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2014, 12:18 PM by Qanik.)

Qanik

in defense of the innocent

Once more Qanik found herself far from home, far from the quiet redwood forest she'd grown so far from, to surround herself once more in the rich perfume of the orchard. This late in spring there was the beginnings of fruit as well as the blossoms. She gave a cursory sniff at some, but she'd moved on, disinterested in fruit. She'd been hoping to see Firesong again - stupid of her, acting like a love-sick adolescent. She should be back in Tortuga, training younglings and trying to pull the disparate members together into some semblance of a family. Instead she was here, again, acting foolishly over someone she hardly knew, someone from a rival pack at that. Besides, his pack was far from here as well. It was stupid to think she'd find him here.

The white wolf stretched herself out beneath the branches of one of the trees to rest and enjoy the beautiful land around her. A mini-vacation, of sorts. There was no point in having come all this way to simply turn around again just because the wolf she'd wanted to see wasn't there. Perhaps it was a spark of stubbornness as well, not wanting to admit that she'd completely wasted her time and effort in this venture, but she just wasn't ready to go back to silent Tortuga just yet.

The soft sound of pawsteps brought her head around to gaze searchingly into the trees around her. She didn't speak, but her body language made it clear that she knew someone was there, and that she was more than prepared if the interloper decided to attack.

speech.

cowardice is the only sin

Pharos1

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
02-07-2014, 10:07 PM
"Winter, a grand time of year. But not as grand as the end of winter when spring returns and life comes back to us all. New life, new chances...new judgement." Pharos said to himself with a whimsical smile as he walked along a row of trees looking for any new leaves. So far he found noting but branches at least no green. Sighing he moved on looking for something to do, someone to talk to, someone to judge. "Hum?" He turned his head as he caught scent of someone nearby. Looking around he saw white though the trees. "Ah, another wolf, good at least there is some life here." He thought walking over he peaked though the trees to see a white wolf shift in position, no doubt knowing he was there. "Dear Gods, I think I see an angel before me, one with such pure fur."

He said as he walked towards the woman. His posture was relaxed, his tail was pointing down, his head was even with his body and his ears weren't too high or too low. "Did I alarm you Miss? I am rather sorry, I tend to try to be friendly..........so long as those around me are kind that is." He smiled seemingly harmless, even if he was more than willing to judge another at any time and he couldn't judge if he didn't get to know the person.

Qanik

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
02-10-2014, 11:06 AM

Qanik

in defense of the innocent

Qanik raised a brow at the strange words of the orchard's other occupant. Surely he wasn't serious. White her fur may be, but that would certainly not have been the first word she'd have described herself as. "I assure you, sir, I am no angel." She watched him approach, his manner non-aggressive, friendly even, but she didn't truly relax.

"Alarmed, no. But the world is a dangerous place, and it does not pay to be careless of strangers approaching, though do prefer to avoid violence," she told him. "You have nothing to apologize for."

She studied him a moment, mildly puzzled by the stranger. There seemed to be something mildly... off about him, though she couldn't quite decide what it was. It could be as simple as hiding nervousness around her; for now she chose to move past it. "I'm Qanik," she offered.

speech.

cowardice is the only sin

Pharos1

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
02-10-2014, 06:18 PM
He chuckled as the female spoke of not being an angel, either she didn't feel that way was modest or wasn't one, things he were all alright with in one way or another. The female watched him closely, but that was to be expected of someone meeting a stranger, he would do the same were he in a less playful mood. He tilted his head a little. "Eh? I suppose it is good to be cautious now a days. There is no soul who does not know cruelty in life. But I find joy knowing that the Gods will punish those who need it....one way or another." He thought of the past, of the fool alpha of his siblings. Indeed the world was harsh but everyone got what was coming to them.

The female seemed rather curious about him but that too was normal. He felt he just drew curiosity toward himself with a bit of an ego he had. He nodded his head in a swoop, like a bow of a gentlemen as she said he had noting to apologize to for, lifting his head when she spoke her name. "Ah yes, Pharos, Pharos Ikutsuki, at your service."Listing his head he smiled, it seemed this was a day for companionship meaning he could be his happy go lucky self, if that meant he was a little of an oddball.

Qanik

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
02-10-2014, 06:57 PM

Qanik blinked uncertainly at the other wolf as he spoke of gods and punishments. More and more in this land she was seeing how very sheltered she had been all her six years. She had never heard talk of "gods" and the only punishments for transgressions she had seen were the ones doled out by the alpha or his officers. In some ways, it seemed, she was only a child in this world despite being middle aged. She wanted to ask him about these gods, but caught herself and just frowned thoughtfully. There were many strange beliefs here, and she wasn't sure she wanted to get caught up in something. She just contented herself with a smile and a nod.

"It is good to meet you, Pharos. Are you new to these lands?"

Speech

Pharos1

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
02-10-2014, 08:11 PM
Pharos watched the fae react to the way he spoke of the Gods. Perhaps she had never heard of them or perhaps she knew of other Gods. After all their were many out there but he knew the Center and Directions were above all others. She looked rather thoughtful though, he was never a stranger of enlightening others if they wanted a lesson or two but sometimes conversation was just conversation. "Yes yes, as new as a sprout in spring. Lands always seem the same after a while though, North, South, East, West, Center. Same lands...new faces though which is good or things would get so boring. The plants or Gods don't often talk back I'm afraid." He added with a hearty laugh and wag of his tail. "What of you Qanik? Are you new as well?"

OOC: Not my best, sorry it's short.