gems
size
Large
build
player
01-29-2014, 08:30 PM

And no rivers and no lakes can put the fire out

I'm gonna raise the stakes, I'm gonna smoke you out

Raisa waded among the grass sea, content to not know what lay ahead of her. For all she knew, she could be steps away from a thousand foot cliff and yet her pace did not falter. Koros padded along behind her, as deep in thoughts as she. The fae had been increasingly restless for quite some time. It was starting to wear on them both, making them edgy and uneasy. Raisa was not content to stay in one place for more than a day or two, and the small fox was not as developed for travel as she. He finally sighed and stopped. "Might we take a break, your Grace?" It had been his fifth today, and his constant fatigue irritated her. She let it be known with a sigh but stopped nonetheless. If Koros left her, or died, who would proclaim her titles to strangers or manage her affairs? She leveled a mild glare at him and snapped, "Fine. Next you'll be asking me to carry you!" Koros just smiled and sank to the ground, licking his weary paws.

"Talk" Think "Listen"

[Image: Kxe2eLS.png]
Y'all should be jelly of these sexy Tea arts!

Virgil I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
01-29-2014, 08:33 PM

The words indicating royalty make her darkened ears twitch. Your Grace huh? She wonders how long it will be before the masses come to bow to her and her family, and she smiles gently. For now she goes to see just who is being bowed to, and if they are worthy of such an inquiry in the first place. Amber eyes note a grey-pelted woman, approaching in a friendly way. ?Hello, miss,? she greets. ?Or should I say, my lady?? she inquires, a question of royalty. Virgil is royalty; she is an alpha and a matriarch, but for now this is irrelevant.

Table by Lu - Image by Poison - Code for Ala Only
[Image: 2u8dyte.jpg]

Raisa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-29-2014, 08:42 PM

The arriving footsteps set the dark fae's ear twitching. She looked up just in time to see a light furred fae part the grass before her. She put a paw before Koros, surreptitiously blocking an easy path of access between he and this stranger. She appeared friendly, but Raisa would take no risks with his life. For all that she was frustrated with him, he was far and beyond the most precious companion she had ever known. Her bi-colored eyes flicked over the woman quickly, trying to take her measure. "Whatever title suits you, I suppose. I am a dethroned Queen, as it happens, and a Queen without a Queendom is not worth much." She shrugged, as if it did not bother her. "And who might you be?"

code by sam & image by lu

Virgil I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
01-29-2014, 08:50 PM

She listens to what the woman has to say. A dethroned Queen? Her ear twitches in intrigue, wondering about where her throne was. It?s irrelevant, ultimately; the stranger lacks power, and power is what Virgil needs right now. Alas, she cannot help but have intrigue. She lacks power, but she has potential. ?I will call you Queen nonetheless,? she notes. The woman inquires after her own identity, and Virgil has no reason to withhold. ?Virgil Olympus, blood of the gods, matriarch of the Olympus family, Secondary of Amenti, and future Empress,? she says. There is an assurance in her tone; she will one day have a crown on her head, and she will one day bring her family to glory.

Raisa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-29-2014, 09:04 PM

Raisa listened to the fae introduce herself and could not restrain a smile. The arrogance, the confidence, the blind faith in oneself... Raisa immediately liked the woman. "A Queen and an Empress," she mused. "What an interesting day this has become. It's lovely to meet one of royal caliber, there are so few in this strange land." Many Raisa had med so far had had no notion as to how royalty, even ex-royalty, was to be treated. They would blink at her title and go on as if nothing had changed. But certainly one descended from gods (though whether she believed that out of hand was uncertain) would understand. "Were you born in this land, ah... What title do you prefer, exactly?" It seemed only polite to ask, rather than to assume.

Virgil I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
01-29-2014, 09:09 PM

Perhaps she is making a friend. Friends are powerful things to have; the golden grown woman knows this very well. Politics were not always her strong suit, but she knew the basics. ?Be careful, they might just sing songs about us,? she says, teasing mostly. She notes that it is nice to might another of royal caliber, and she dips her head in agreement. ?Indeed. Refinement is a gene that seems to be wearing thin,? she notes. She is a goddess; she is refined and graceful by blood, and is allowed to note the clumsy tendencies of mortals. ?Virgil, simply. I am not yet an Empress, and that is my preferred title,? she says. ?And what of you?? it is a fair inquiry.

Raisa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-29-2014, 09:16 PM

Raisa nodded with a small smile on her face. One might think even peasants would know common courtesy, but it appeared more often than not that it was too much to hope for. Instead, she could only sigh and count on encounters such as the one she appeared to be having now. "We of noble birth are of a certain caliber," she said in response to the woman's question. "I see no reason to ask you call me anything other than Raisa." the dark, pale, and fiery woman looked down at the silver piebald fox and raised a brow. He cleared his throat and stepped forward, bowing deeply to the golden fae. He, at least, knew his courtesies to a tee. One was not raised among the line of royal stewards without this knowledge. "If it please your Grace, I am merely Koros. Naught but a steward. If you have any needs, I should be happy to assist you." He said this with a smile on his face, truly pleased to offer. It was a strange trait of his bloodline, Raisa supposed, but they had always been eager, clever little beasts. Her ancestors had not employed them merely on a whim. Raisa turned back to Virgil and smiled. "Indeed. So, Virgil, if you don't mid my asking what brings you here today?"

Virgil I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
01-29-2014, 09:24 PM

This Raisa, unlike the Eowyn she previously met, seems to know her own power. Virgil likes the woman; she is strong, and worthy of her acquaintance. Thus, her smile is genuine. There is little need for politics here, not when there seems to be a natural ease flowing between the two of them. It is then that a fox steps forwards, well-mannered, and pleasing. ?Well met, Raisa and Koros,? she says warmly. The woman asks what brings her here, and Virgil cannot be assed to say anything but the truth. ?Amenti bores me. The North bores me. I yearn to explore, so I can imagine what it is like to leave,? she sighs. ?And you?? she inquires in turn.

Raisa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-29-2014, 09:42 PM

The woman's kindness towards Koros warmed Raisa even further towards the woman. She seemed both genuine and powerful; traits one did not typically find in those who wished to lead. Raisa listened to her explanation, nodding slowly in understanding. For those strong of heart, following in the footsteps of others could be quite unbearable. Even Raisa, who had been promised her position in time, could barely stand to be a 'Princess' while her mother was 'Queen.' "I could not bear to wallow under the rule of another," she explained with an indulgent roll of the eyes, one she was sure Virgil would understand. "Certainly you have more patience than I. I fear I would cause more trouble than any sensible leader could bear. To save myself the scars, I roam." She shrugged. The logic seemed simple enuough to her, all that remained was to see if Virgil agreed. So far, this had been one of her most favorable encounters thus far. Raisa was quite enjoying herself.