gems
size
-
build
-
player
01-29-2014, 08:24 PM
Cormalin

His paws carried him at a long trot, though he doubled back often to check for any followers. Long furred tail was held slightly lower than his rump, his head swiveling as his ears turned and flicked to catch all sounds. He wasn?t giving Glaciem a chance to follow him. Four pint white star wrinkled between his brow points as the old warrior frowned, mismatched gold and blue gaze swept the landscape that was home to Valhalla. Or so he had thought.

?Hmm?? His baritone voice hummed out in thought as his nose lowered to take in the scents at the borders. The scents were old, but he could detect Surreal?s scent in among them. Surreal was doing border patrols. Her scent said Beta. He nodded, satisfied. Stepping over the invisible border, he padded slowly through the territory, searching the wind for any fresh scents of his family. Finally, he lifted his muzzle and uttered a low howl.

Cormalin had returned to Valhalla? But where was Valhalla itself?

Erani

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-

The Ooze Participant
01-29-2014, 08:53 PM
Erani

She was ready, bodily, to go to the pack? And yet she stayed. Sometimes, she wondered what it would be like, to stay here till she died? But the pack needed her. So she would venture to the borders, and then she would stop. No? Her instincts continued to tell her. Not yet. It wasn?t time to go, just yet. And so she would turn back and wander the empty land. Empty, save for two others and their newborn children. She visited them often, taking comfort in their companionship. She hoped they would go to the pack with her. She had missed Friction in the Circle, and with Rayne?s death, he had become ever more important. Valhalla needed experienced Healers. At one point, she had wondered if he would become her fellow Lead Healer, but no. First Rayne, and then Imena, had taken that place.

Something kept the aging Lead Healer of Valhalla in the old Territory. Something stopped her every time she started toward the borders. And as she heard the low call, that familiar song that belonged to one who was lost, she knew what it was. Snowy paws dug into the ground as the pale Lady spun and took off toward the call. When she reached him, she didn?t pull back, instead crashing into her brother with a loud bark, which turned into a desperate whine, her tail whirring behind her, stirring the air with joy. ?Cormalin! Oh Cormalin, brother!?

After a good moment of this, her brother reciprocating with a hug of his forelimbs, they parted and she stared at him, eyes drinking in the face she?d missed so much. ?You?re alright? Are you hurt? You stink of them?? Words fell from her maw, the usually calm and reserved Theta vibrating with happiness.

Cormalin

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
01-29-2014, 09:18 PM
Cormalin

She came barreling out of nowhere, a white blur, and he thought she would slow down a bit but-- ?Oof!? The air was blasted from his lungs as Erani smashed into him, and he coughed a bit as she cried his name, before he finally gained enough sense to hug her, rearing up to wrap his forelegs around her, his own tail beginning to wave jauntily. ?Sister o? mine!? As she pulled back, he dropped to all fours again, mismatched eyes taking in her form. She was thinner than she?d been last time he?d seen her. The grin fell from his muzzle as he caught her scent, and the illness that still clung to her fur, though she was obviously fine?

?I'm alright, but I could ask you the same thing, Erani, and you smell of illness? What happened? Where is the pack? Was there a plague, or?? He trailed away, at a loss for what else to ask. Was everyone alright? Surreal and Alsander?s scents were strongest among the old smells hanging at the borders. Worried, he looked at his sister, hoping she would have answers.

Erani

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-

The Ooze Participant
01-29-2014, 09:49 PM
Erani

Erani stepped up to Cormalin, pressing herself to her brother?s chest, tail still wagging softly, deciding to ignore the Glaciem scent on his fur in favor of feeling his living breathing body against hers. His voice reached her ears, and she relaxed a bit, before his next words reminded her that there was much to tell him. ?I?ve been? Ill? After the battle, Chrysanthe moved the pack. We?re on an Island now, Nephilim Island, but I haven?t been there yet? And after the storm, I think the Pack may move again.?

She stepped back, gazing at her brother. ?I?m well again, and ready to go to the pack. Friction and his new mate are here, though, with newborn pups, and I wonder if they will come with us. You, however, need a bath.? She turned away with a jaunty wag, stepping toward the river. ?Surreal is beta now, and? And Rayne is dead? That male we drove off came back. She was found torn apart, and he raped her, if the smells were anything to go by.? Her happiness faded, before jumping back up a notch as she looked over her shoulder at her brother. ?But you?re home now. I can stop worrying about never seeing you again.?

Cormalin

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
01-29-2014, 10:06 PM
Cormalin

As Erani stepped up to him, he draped his head over her shoulders, haunches settling on the ground as his tail wrapped about them, chin tugging lightly against her opposite should in a light hug. It was so good to smell his sister again, and so relieving to see that she was still alive. As he listened to her recounting of the things he?d missed, his heart sank. Storm? Glaciem had experienced ash clouds, but on his journey south, he had noticed a lot of damage, trees uprooted, and yet he?d been so intent on getting home and keeping an eye out for tails that he?d only given all the signs a passing thought.

Had anyone died in the storm? Erani stepped away, breaking him from his thoughts. He looked back at her, into her deep blue pools, as she went on, assuring him that she was well. Friction was here? Well that was good. And that the healer had a new mate he was pleased to hear. He shared in Erani?s hope that Friction and his family would join with Valhalla, and he felt a surge of pride upon hearing that his niece was a Beta. But when his sister spoke of Rayne?s death, his hackles lifted. ?And a price upon that male?s head there shall be.? He rose, padding after his sister as she stopped and looked over her shoulder at him. ?Yes. I?m home now. Nothing could keep me away forever.?

With that, he followed his sister into the forested area of the old territory. Yes, he was home, and he wasn?t ever leaving the pack again. Not if he could help it.

-Exit Cormalin and Erani, and end of thread!-