Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
01-29-2014, 04:29 PM

Ahhhhhh! Drashiel flopped onto his belly after giving his back a good scratching on an adjacent tree branch. He'd managed to climb a good six feet up in a particularly gnarled and knotted tree. Here the trees grew incredibly close, nearly right on top of each other and they stretched up for what seemed like miles and miles. Hence the name, the mile-high woods.

Above him birds could be heard singing happily in the heart of spring and the soft swaying of the trees in the warm breeze just lulled the young brute into a state of contentment. And he was content, things seemed to be looking up. He'd had a good conversation with his father, made a wonderful friend in S'alkrie and he was old enough to start training.

The only downside was the ash was still there? it clung stubbornly to Glaciem soil and had scared a good chunk of the land dwelling prey to other areas to find food. Drashiel swallowed awkwardly. Even now his throat felt dry and itchy.

Lysis

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
01-29-2014, 06:21 PM

It had been some time since she had spent an afternoon with her brother. The young Armada girl would wander through the lands of her home, heading toward the trees that seemed to nearly touch the sky. Her brother's scent was strong and familiar, and it took little effort to trail after it.

The day was young and bright, mirroring her own lighthearted mood perfectly. The bird were singing overhead, filling the warm spring air with song. The child with the creamy coat would pad along softly, her steps graceful and dainty as she went. It wasn't long before his scent came to a halt, and the child would tip her head lightly to the sky, gaze searching for him.

The trees were tipped with ash, quite a damper on the otherwise lovely day -- but it would suffice. "Drashiel!" she would call out, wondering if he had tried to climb the trees here, and where he might be. Her voice was light, drifting like a song on the wind.

Kyarst, her half-brother and closest friend, is allowed in any and all of her threads.

Drashiel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
02-01-2014, 01:00 PM

Drashiel let his thoughts waft into the air like his breath did on this chill spring morning. He was still anxiously awaiting the call to begin training. Drashiel had been studying up, watching others and testing himself but what good was a stick opponent? It was hardly realistic and virtually useless. But he needed to be patient. His time would come just as sure as the day.

He heard a light and airy voice calling his name and for a second he thought he'd imagined it. Could it be?. Lysis? No, no it couldn't be her. Drashiel scrambled to right himself on his branch when he caught his scent. His heart left violently into his throat. Was it really her? "Lysis!" He cried out as he shimmied down the tree he was perched in, bolting toward the sound before coming to a halt as he saw her. Oh gods it was her? it was really her. Drashiel swallowed trying to keep his composure and prevent his voice from shaken. She hadn't left him after all.

Grinning he barreled right for her, tail wagging calling her voice in a cry made of half-laughter, half-sobbing intent on tackling her and licking her all over. "LYSIS!" So many questions! "Where have you been, what happened, were you kidnapped?"

Lysis

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
02-02-2014, 03:36 PM

She was growing intrigued by the creatures she had not yet met within Glaciem, as well as by the family members she knew little of. Of course, Drashiel was one of the few she was closest to; but she still felt as though she needed to spend more time with him, now that she was healthy and strong.

He called out a reply to her, and she felt her heart lurch within her small chest. She had followed his scent well, but she could not find him immediately. Her gaze would search above her as her head tilted to the sky once again, hoping to find sign of him. And it came quickly; a quick rustling of leaves overhead, before he sprang to the ground with excitement brimming in his very posture.

Drashiel was clearly overwhelmed, and his excitement trickled over to her; the young girl's tail would wag freely behind her at seeing her brother agian. "My Drashiel!" she exclaimed gently, a soft giggle escaping her own throat. "I have been fine, just resting," she explained to him, leaning forward to nuzzle her brother's side happily. "I was not well for some time, but I am feeling so much better now. Did you miss me?"

Kyarst, her half-brother and closest friend, is allowed in any and all of her threads.

Drashiel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
02-09-2014, 05:32 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014, 05:32 PM by Drashiel.)

Tail still wagging rapidly back and forth as he leaned forward to accept his sister's nuzzling and to nuzzle her back. Taking in her scent. The weight of their reunion was greater than words could describe. For so long, to his young mind, he felt that he'd been alone. The last one of their little section of the Armada family. Knowing that Lysis was alive and well banished the chaos that had threatened to grow within him.

Lysis explained that she had been sick for a long time but was now better. "Of course I did! No one told me where you were. I thought mother took you with her and left me here?" Suddenly, his smile faded. Did Lysis know about their mother? Drashiel's thoughts swirled as he tried to decide how best to explain it considering he only knew so much but now that he'd already let it slip he didn't want to keep her in the dark. He'd never do that to her.

"Mother abandoned us, but we don't need her!" He smiled. Now that they were together their mother didn't matter anymore. "Say, do you want to go do something?"

Lysis

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
02-10-2014, 07:04 PM

The sweet child giggled with delight at seeing her brother again, overcome with joy that was genuine and pure. He was eager to return her affections -- a rarity from the girl, for any besides family. It seemed his spirit had been infinitely lifted, as had her own; she struggled to hold back a small yip of excitement. "I would never leave you," she assured him matter-of-factly. Her mother, however, was a differently story; she had been around for much of her childhood, but seemed scarce lately, to the point of being absent. But now that Lysis was better, and gaining her independence, she was not so worried about where her parents were. It was much more fun to be away from them, truth be told.

"But I don't know about mother." Her father did not seem angry, so she figured she was just busy. With what though, she didn't know; but it seemed Drashiel had accepted her departure. It felt a bit odd to imagine her never coming back, and she frowned for a moment as she considering this possibility. "It's okay though," she said with another soft giggle. "I have you!" Who else did she need? Say, do you want to go do something? he would ask, and Lysis nodded in reply. "As long as we're not climbing trees," she suggested with a serious look.

Drashiel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
02-20-2014, 10:32 PM

ooc: sorry for the wait >< *hugs*

"I would never leave you,"

Drashiel grinned at the statement and felt his eyes beginning to water but he held it back. He wanted to be strong and fierce for his sister and showing such displays where she could see him just would not do. But her words gave him confidence and he believed her. Even if the foundations of Glaciem crumbled they'd find a way to remain together.

He saw her mood dampen as she thought about mother. Even now he admitted it made him angry to think of her. He stepped forward and moved to rest his head on her shoulders in a gesture of comfort. It affected him. As much as he tried to hide it but he didn't want to deal with it right now. When she spoke again with a giggle Drashiel drew back and smiled as well.

"Awww? come on sis, don't you like climbing trees?" He grinned as he started bounding up the nearest trunk but then he froze, slidding down to the ground with a plop. Something was moving in the forest? Drashiel narrowed his eyes and picked out the form of a moose moving through the forest, pausing frequently as it got tangled. Turning to his sister he grinned mischievously.

Lysis

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
03-04-2014, 08:17 AM

Despite the poor health she'd been cursed with during her childhood, and despite her mother's obvious absence, there seemed to be so much potential ahead of her! There was simply so much life to live. And though she had her father, who she adored so deeply, Drashiel was still her best friend -- and what had kept her strong for so many months. She watched his eyes begin to water, and couldn't help but giggle softly. "Don't be so emotional," she teased him very gently, tail beginning to wave behind her slender frame.

But he moved forward to embrace her, and she returned the gesture, content to feel her brother's warmth. It was comforting to know he was here, with her, and not going anywhere. Her father, too, was always an anchor for her -- she knew they would never leave, and always remain with her. Drashiel then questioned her, as though teasing her for her comment about climbing trees. "I guess I've never really tried," she admitted. She was not particularly adventurous by nature, but now that she was healthy and strong she was growing significantly more brave. She watched him with joy brimming in her hazel gaze, but his demeanor shifted suddenly. Her gaze followed his, but she saw nothing, being down on the forest floor. "What is it, Drashiel?" she asked quietly, unsure if there was something they ought to be wary of,

Drashiel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
03-07-2014, 11:07 PM

A strange groan emitted from the beast as a huff of breath blew from flared nostrils. The massive antlers of the moose were thoroughly caught within the branches of the trees and with a mighty push it kicked forward stumbling. Drashiels fur and hackles were on end, ears back as he crept carefully forward, one ear flicking as he watched. Creeping forward, one step after another he came with in feet of it. He heard his sisters question and paused.

"I don't know Lysis? it has hooves? it must be food."

Steeling himself he dove forward a paw slamming into the beast. It groaned and thrashed as Drashiel sprang away, barely avoiding lashing hooves. He grinned. "I wonder if we should call the pack maybe we can-" He was cut off as it suddenly broke free then turned to stare blankly ahead where the pups were? then it charged.

"LYSIS RUN!" Drashiel yelled as bolted away from the beast, seeing a conveniently place branch he leapt and scrambled up. He whirled around to see how his sister fared.

"Speech"