gems
size
-
build
player
01-19-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Don't know anything about you; so close, just a touch away

Borden Rivera stood strong and proud as he gazed around the Dreamer's Col. The man was cautious, weary yet nothing he ever saw seemed to faze him. His wits were about him as he moved forward with precision and accuracy. A small glint of happiness cascaded over him like a waterfall of desire. There were things that he wanted in life. A family. A pack. They called him honor, loyalty, and dignity. Above all they called him freedom. He did things; he tried things that others would only ever dream about. His parents had named the white male after a daredevil loner who had made an impression at the borders. This impression was of freedom. Borden felt like he could jump across gorges. Flying? Sometimes he believed he could. Above all, he was dangerous to himself.

Sometimes he was just too free.

Isabella

gems
size
build
player
01-19-2014, 04:26 PM
Mountains were not quite coastal cliffs but Isabella felt at home in them. It was a little colder than she would have liked but her fiery fur kept her warm, even if it made her stand out in the land. Standing out wasn't too much of a problem for her though, her small frame meant small paws, easy to control her steps as she always did, and just as easy to flee or fight better than any large wolf would do in this land.

All of that aside, this place was great for training so long as she was not too bold or too foolish. Walking thin ledges, jumping small gaps, avoiding precarious stones, all things that made one more observant. And observant she was as her icy blue eyes looked ahead before she made each carefully thought out step. Even her slow steps carried her body high as her tail waved behind her like a proud banner.

Moving on a small path along the edge of the mountain she paused as she caught the scent of anther. Lifting her head, her ears turned on her crown to pick up any sound. The wolf was one she did not know, it smelled like a male though and one who did not smell of other wolves. A loner, good the last thing she wanted was to meet someone here who would want to fight for the land. Ever cautious, she moved forward in attempt to asses the threat level of the stranger. Moving swiftly and silently she hid at a turn in the path and cautiously moved her head forward.

There was the stranger, somewhat long white fur that stood out as much as hers on a muscular frame. The male seemed to be around her age, and perhaps even her breed. After all her kind did well in mountains and valleys, but that did not mean he would be a friend. Well, it was best to know if this wolf was foe or not by talking to him, if a fight broke out she was confident she would be faster than the large male. Giving a low noise, a mix between a bark and a growl to announce her presence as she stepped around the corner. The noise was not a threatening one, but one that would let the other know she was there. "Rare is the wolf who would ascend to such heights." Her voice was a cold wind, the voice of a well trained diplomat. Eyes on the male, she waited to see how he would react and judge what turn this day would take.

Borden

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
01-19-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:

Borden gazed over to the female who only offered him what sounded like a compliment about how he dared venture to such heights. He offered a small smile as he responded the the auburn yet tawny fae. The rugged rocks that he stood in almost seemed to cut into his paws but he didn't mind. The pads would heal and he would survive further. He gave a response to her with what seemed like a litany. "Hello Ma'am. I tend to believe that I am... a daredevil. I do many things that others would only dream of. While yes, this is a venture not many would take, it is nothing to me." Wrong choice of words? Probably.

Isabella

gems
size
build
player
01-19-2014, 06:55 PM
Well at least the male did not seem like much of a threat, but he did seem a bit odd, even foolish. "A daredevil? Well either brave or foolish at least he has his manors." She thought taking a few more steps forward, though far enough away to stay safe. Looking to his paws she paused, thinking over what to say next before she said it.

"Nothing hum? Much like the rather harsh stone under your paws? Strange actions if you ask me but I may not be the one to talk. I do risky things during my training, but I wouldn't go as far as to call myself a daredevil. That would imply more or a risk than I am willing to take. But it seems you do not mind such risks."

Her voice was an even tone, she did not judge the other for his actions but she saw them as unwise as was no doubt something he was used to. Although her voice could be taken as condescending and judgmental she meant no offence, she did just not see his life style as a good idea. He had made his decision though of his life and she felt no reason to argue it.

Borden

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
01-24-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:

Borden only saw the condescending tone in her voice and that did not do well with him. He became more defensive over what he had said and he narrowed his eyes slightly. "Dangerous words from a wolf who is on a mountain." He said with a sly and proud demeanor. Was he really threatening a lady? Yes he was, but she had provoked him so it was all right. Right? The inner turmoil was hidden by the mental defenses he had laid in place. This was no longer a casual conversation between two wolves on a mountain. This was practically a court to him. The Pledge. The Turn. The Prestige.

Isabella

gems
size
build
player
01-24-2014, 05:58 PM
The male seemed to grow angry at her words but she did not understand why. He had most likely heard such words from others yet he took a more defensive stance and narrowed his eyes. His words held his pride but they did not seem to be that much of a threat. Threat or not she gave no reaction to the change in the male, her tail twitched a bit idly.

"Dangerous perhaps but they are the truth. Look where you are after all. You show know signs of fear or hesitation so you must not mind it much, or you hide it well. Either way, the truth is not something to be mad at, it can only be accepted. Those who ignore reality have no hope in lasting long in the world."

She wondered if the male would see the truth or not, or get angry in the face of it yet again. If he did and indeed was willing to use the mountain in battle she was confident she could do well with her sure steps and speed. s little as she liked to fight she would be more than willing to do so to save herself. And yet the male seemed more proud than angry so perhaps things would not take turn.