Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
01-18-2014, 01:52 AM

The scenery was definitely breathtaking that fine spring morning. Elk and deer had returned from their migrations and eager to eat on the lush green grass. Blades of the said grass were swaying in the breeze, lazily shifting as the gusts of wind controlled them. The river that ran through the valley was definitely a sight for sore eyes if someone had been out and about in the desert. There was also a cloudless sky above the setting, which completed the scene and make the heart feel light.
Unfortunately, that was now how it was with Odette. On the fine morning that was spoken of, she was relaxing on the side of one of the rolling hills that randomly popped up across the valley. She wasn't hidden, exposed to the world that surrounded her and the potential meals that grazed around her. Reclining on her left side with her tail lazily beating against her sprawled hind legs, the ten-month-old female gazed out to the life around her without focusing. She was once again lost in her thoughts about her past, a place that she didn't like to go, but seemed to find her way back.
Odette's thoughts whirled around the memory she was playing on the beach with Galahad and Oracle. She vaguely remembered Ocena's form laying across the sand, her physical details more blurry than before. It broke Odette's heart, but she knew that the memory would probably get worse as she grew more. That broken heart wanted to wrap itself around Galahad and Oracle, for she missed them with every fiber of her being. A lone sigh escaped her and she felt tears leak beneath eyes that had closed. There was no holding them back this time, and they made lines down her cheeks as they flowed to fall on her paws. Her body began to shake from the sorrow that filled her chest and she lowered her head to her wet paws to hide her face. Even though she loved Chrysanthe and Valhalla as her home, she still missed her very first one.

Talk like this

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Twig I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
01-18-2014, 02:08 AM

She'd been following the injured cow for days. She had been with it since the moment its leg had been broken. She'd been the one to lay the trap. She'd dug a decent sized hole and then had covered it expertly with sticks grass and leaves. Then she lay in wait as the herds moved through, the older cow had not even seen it coming. She'd stepped into the hole heavily, her leg crumpling beneath her as she fell. She was resilient though, and hadn't given up, it was only a matter of time before she grew too weak for just Twig to take it down. The time was drawing near.
She would follow out into a flat open meadow, the beauty lost on the gorgeous she wolf as her eyes were only upon the wounded creature. The herd had almost completely eliminated her from the herd, she was too slow to keep up. Plus with the oddly marked she wolf babysitting not many deer would allow her close. As would watch as the doe would attempt a shot at the river. The Black girl would rush forward, her jaws snapping at its muzzle dangerously. She'd back away, but looked as though she'd try again. The creature was desperate for a drink, but Twig was even more desperate for a meal.
The would stand off as such for an hour or more, the deer trying to get around the hungry wolf with out getting too close. Eventually the exertion would prove too much for the prey animal. Her good front leg would buckle beneath her as her energy became spent. Twig had won, the deer would forfeit its life. The she wolf would skillfully break her neck and the cervid's suffering would end. The she would would release a satisfied huff and quickly take her meal. The fresh nutrient rich organs would make most of her meal. She would laze by the river and drink as she kept herself close to the carcass and ate upon in. It was in good probability that her stay near the river would last the next several days.

Speech,

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
01-18-2014, 02:34 AM

The sounds of a low-note cry and splashing of water reached Odette's ears. They pulled her out of the current memory of her and Gargoyle playing on the beach and brought her to the present. She sniffed and blinked back the tears that blurred her vision before looking around. The river had a bank near the southern part of the valley, where prey could go and drink from the clear water like it was heavenly wine. She became curious about the source of the commotion and she trotted down to an unoccupied place of the shore to wash her face free of any stray tears.
After getting her face wet by the fresh and cool water, she shook herself free of remaining drops and followed the riverbed. She trotted along the right side of the river, wondering when she would come across the individual that broke her out of her trance. Whether she was happy about it or not, she didn't know. All she knew was that she was more curious than ever.
It wasn't long before Odette found the source. She had walked where the geographical layout of the river had a slight incline, making a hill where the shore met the water. Upon the raised setting, Odette looked down and saw a female on the left side of the river. Bearing down upon the carcass she had slain, Odette's eyes blinked in wonder as she stood a good distance from where the other wolf stood. Slowly, Odette took a few more steps forward to get away from the incline, meeting a spot halfway between it and the shore that stretched on her side of the river. Her tail flicked lazily behind her as perked ears remained ahead and her eyes shimmered against the sunlight. A soft bark was given before she licked her lips and pondered who this female was. Who knew how she would respond.

Talk like this

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Twig I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
01-18-2014, 02:44 AM

She she had suspected her activity would bring about company, as she gorged herself another had found her way close to her kill. Across the bank the she wolf would notice a form. She was hardly distinguishable from an adult, but she still help that innocent look of adolescence. Twig would hardly spare her a glance as she continued eating. Then a bark would sound, and Twig would sigh. Knowing she'd have to acknowledge her then. With an irritated flick of her ear she would swivel her crown to meet the gaze of the bicolored girl. Her eyebrows would raise in a questioning manner as her aggravated tail would shift. She had no wish for pleasantries or words to be shared so she would stare at the girl as she awaited to hear what she wanted. She was close enough to yell, and that was quite good enough for the marked woman.

I can talk!

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
01-18-2014, 03:02 AM

Odette immediately figured that the female was not open for conversation. Aside from the blank stare and the obvious sign that she was eating, the other sign was the irritated twitch of her ear. It made Odette's own ears flatten against her skull and she thought about retreating to her solo sorrow jam, but changed her mind. Instead, she looked away from the stranger to the other set of deer that were lazily grazing. An idea struck her mind and she padded away from the female's sight.
Her tan, black, and gray form disappeared from sight and at first, all was quiet. For a few seconds, one would wonder what the girl was doing, but pretty soon, it was obvious. Dull hoof sounds and high growls escaped from behind the slight incline. Snapping sounds of teeth beating against each other vibrated through the air before a gentle whine of life leaving the earth followed.
Everything was now still. After waiting a few seconds, one could hear a low key dragging of heavy weight across the ground. Odette reappeared with a young doe, apparently caught in the crossfire known as Odette's chompers. Triumph was evident in her face and she took over her previous spot before digging into her own deer. Maybe the female would appreciate company, even if she didn't say anything.

Talk like this

Art||Plotter

Twig I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
01-18-2014, 03:09 AM

Instead of saying something like Twig had quite expected the girl's ears would rather fall back. Her form would retreat from view and the woman would no longer worry about the young she wolf. She would let her form be pushed up as she moved herself a few feet from the animal she had brought down not long ago. A yawn would overtake her features as she heard a bit of commotion beyond the hill. She would only worry for thought of a bigger predator coming for her kill. Instead the she wolf would return, dragging a fawn behind her.
Twig would just stare at her, again wondering slightly what it was she wanted and why it was she insisted upon eating near her. There was a huge amount of field around them and it seemed she had picked the only good place in the house. She would just sigh and lay her oddly marked head upon her slate colored paws. It would be a long few days if the girl decided to stick around.

I can talk!

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
01-20-2014, 08:13 PM

As Odette mindlessly munched on her fresh catch, she observed the silent female with interest. She watched the large symbol on the female's left side waver in the breeze before she lowered herself to the ground. With her head on her paws, she merely watched Odette, which didn't bother the girl at all. In fact, it only made her more keen to want to talk to her. The brave part of her (from Gargoyle, most likely) stood out in the next few seconds.
She remained curled up around her carcass and swallowed the amount of meat that had been in her mouth. It went down smoothly and she licked her lips free of blood while her tail thumped against her hind legs. Red and blue eyes kept their twinkle as she took up the courage to speak first. "Your cross..." She cleared her throat before speaking again. "Your cross is very pretty." Odette wasn't sure what the female would say or do, but she eagerly waited nonetheless.

Talk like this

Art||Plotter

Twig I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
01-20-2014, 08:30 PM

They would eat in silence for he longest time, and Twig had a hope that it might continue further. With her head resting on her paws it was possible she might even have drifted to sleep. Though that sleep would certainly not be a sound one, she was still with out the safety of the other numbers of her people. Though she doubted the pup would be able to approach with out stirring herself. Just as the last sigh of wakefulness would leave her lips the sound a voice would disturb the woman.
"Your cross..." She would clear her throat and Twig was certain that the nap that had so gently taken her was now over, "Your cross is very pretty." She would huff audibly as her eyes rolled. Her crown rising from her paws and once again taking in the girl. very pretty... Twig would sigh as she averted her gaze and placed her head back upon her paws. This time her face would be pointed towards the trees.
This girl was very close to the age her siblings were when they were separated. She was glad she turned away, damp eyes would look up at the sun that had easily found its way into the sky. She wanted her brothers back, she wanted her family. She didn't like all the new wolves she was meeting, she didn't like how beautiful she was to them. She would sigh again as more tears fell from her cheeks.

""

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
01-23-2014, 05:16 AM

Despite the female's reaction to Odette's words, the young girl couldn't help but smile. She knew that manners were a big deal in some meetings, but she wasn't too sure how this lady felt about them. For the time being, Odette stuck with her gut and proceeded to be polite. Rather than continue to speak, she watched the woman look away from her in boredom and Odette simply lowered her head to grab another bite from her carcass. It was indeed rather delicious.
The meal was worth the entertainment that came from the other persona. Odette didn't mind being quiet. Valhalla had that air to it anyway, so she was used to others not speaking but being in the same company. Her tail lightly thumped against her hind legs as she chewed her food, keeping up the same tempo. A light breeze passed by the two, causing her fur to ripple in small waves. Red and blue eyes blinked softly as they kept their gaze on the other female. What stories lay behind those set of purple eyes?

Talk like this

Art||Plotter

Twig I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
01-24-2014, 10:29 PM

She would sigh heavily as the seconds ticked past slowly, she would blink a few times, doing her best to regain control of the emotions that so easily ran amuck. This girl was too much like her own sisters, she tugged at her heart though she hated to admit it. She was weak, and could not handle her thoughts well enough to totally ignore her like she wanted to. She could hear the faint thump of the girls tail, it didn't seem like Twig's sour mood was not contagious.
She still didn't feel like looking at her, she was much too perky for her everyday mood. Twig could never remember a time when she was all smiles. Yes, she had fun with her siblings at times but she didn't always smile. She'd lift her head slightly so her jaws could more easily sing words to the younger girl, "You have.. pretty eyes." weakly she would return the compliment, unsure if she was ready to be so friendly.

"Talk" Think "You"

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
02-09-2014, 02:51 AM

It was what Odette had been waiting for. The words that left the female's lips were of a compliment and they were nice to hear. She didn't have nice things said about her facial benefits in quite awhile, so she took them on as rare gems with every one she did hear. Her ears perked forward at the struggled words of the stranger and she slowly nodded while swallowing her bite of food. "Thank you," she said softly, not wanting to speak in a very happy tone and startle the female.
Odette blinked said eyes and lowered her head to grab another piece of shoulder meat. She tore it away from the bone and chewed it thoughtfully before swallowing it and speaking. "I got them from my mama." It sounded like a childish thing to admit, but when you have a 'Mama' and then a 'Mother'...well, it was the only way she could keep them separate. "She had two different colored eyes as well..." When she lowered her head to pull apart more meat, she paused and said with her teeth clamped on the carcass, "By the way, your eyes remind me of purple stars..." She wasn't used to a stranger being as cautious as she, so it was new territory for her at that moment.

Talk like this

Art||Plotter

Twig I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
02-10-2014, 02:11 PM

Her gaze would keep itself averted from the young female, she would hope it would kindle the illusion of speaking to one her of kin. If it didn't, well it would be easy to go back to ignoring the child. Her words seemed quite neutral as she replied, and Twig would stand to listen a bit better than before, "Thank you." It would be a few moments before she would hear anything else from the girl, their silence was quite fine with the older she wolf. However it would not last as long as she had been half expecting, "I got them from my mama." Bicolored eyes were not very common where she was from, but she always enjoyed looking at them, "She had two different colored eyes as well... By the way, your eyes remind me of purple stars..." It was an odd thing to compare her eyes too, one she had certainly never heard before. There had been a few suitors with whom she had 'mopped the floor with' and few could boast the eloquence of this girl. Even if some of her words showed her age a bit better.
She didn't know what to say so she would only reposition herself once again. With her legs now pointing towards the girl and her face clearly showing to the girl, a tiny smile curled her lips. Her eyes would slide into a more comfortable and slitted position, showing that she had relaxed and become less flighty. Still, her single compliment would be the only that left her inky lips.

"Speech"

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
03-06-2014, 03:38 AM

The carcass that remained around Odette's front paws began to give off the smell that made the girl's nose quiver in excitement. She lowered her head to eat once more from her catch and silently chewed her food. The stranger was like a wall that Odette was trying to break through. A strange simile, but it made sense to the miniature Gargoyle. Brick by brick was how she was going to have to do it, so Odette decided that patience was definitely needed.
A small smile was noticed on the female's lips as Odette watched with continuous interest. Ah, so she was making progress! It was a small feat, but one that the girl appreciated. After she swallowed her bite of food, Odette decided to be brave and introduce herself. "My name is Odette. May I ask what your name is?" She hoped that she wasn't being too bold, even though it was a small introduction and inquiry.

"Speech"

Art||Plotter